Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: DEAD RODENT  (Read 65755 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:DEAD RODENT
« Reply #270 on: October 21, 2007, 08:26:09 PM »

Well, there's one inning left to go in the World Series...

Go Sox!

:)

Um, not the World Series yet. It's the American League Playoff game.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #271 on: October 21, 2007, 08:27:04 PM »

healing vibes to Jane....

Miss Jane, My freind sandy wants to get a bernese mountain dog and hubby says no... In my freind's support, I told her they were big and LOVEABLE!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #272 on: October 21, 2007, 08:29:38 PM »

Page Ten Hagrid Dance!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #273 on: October 21, 2007, 08:30:35 PM »

Part of me just wants to go home and have a good cry... However I am strong and will hold my head up...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #274 on: October 21, 2007, 08:31:02 PM »

Every time I see Brian Blessed I am reminded of him being in Z CARS.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #275 on: October 21, 2007, 08:31:30 PM »

MattH, MSUM in Moorhead is doing Sweeney Todd in February.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #276 on: October 21, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »

I am a little nervous about their production and dont want to compare it with the Len Cariou recording of the musical.

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »

BROTHERS & SISTERS had a noisy episode.

I knew as soon as that new office manager was hired at the wine company that Tommy would have an affair with her. Very disappointed in such obvious plotting especially since she was such an obvious stand-in for Julia. Uncle Saul's coming out looks to be slow and torturous. So sorry Justin is going down the path he's chosen. Sad times ahead!

Matt H.

« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2007, 08:36:01 PM »

I haven't seen any productions of SWEENEY TODD apart from the Broadway and the Lansbury/Hearn home video that didn't disappoint me in some way.

My fingers are crossed for the movie. I so want it to be worthy of the material.

Matt H.

« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2007, 08:36:24 PM »

I will also have DEXTER and COLD CASE from tonight to watch tomorrow at some point.

Matt H.

« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2007, 08:42:36 PM »

Going to write a little bit now and then go to bed.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2007, 08:45:54 PM »

I agree Matt, I love the recording. It gets heavy play.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2007, 08:46:11 PM »

Have you seen Into the Woods?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2007, 08:46:29 PM »

Pleasant dreams MattH....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2007, 08:55:24 PM »

All is well in the realm of NDSU sports

We defeated University of Minnesota!!!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #285 on: October 21, 2007, 09:12:53 PM »

Comfort vibes to Dakota!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #286 on: October 21, 2007, 09:13:26 PM »

And congrats to NDSU, too!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #287 on: October 21, 2007, 09:22:09 PM »

We just returned from seeing a movie we both liked very much: LARS AND THE REAL GIRL.

It was produced by Sidney Kimmel and the DP was Adam Kimmel.

And relation to our own bk?

The directing and casting was excellent, with a very original script. Ryan Gosling was great as were all the supporting players.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #288 on: October 21, 2007, 09:50:58 PM »

Hello I am sorry to have been so E & T ... the Vixter and the Vixdad have been monopolizing our sole computer,and since they were doing homework/work related stuff they trumped my social visits...

VIBAGE FOR ALL!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

MBarnum

« Reply #289 on: October 21, 2007, 10:06:37 PM »

And I hope when you got your new TV that you told your DVD player via the setup menu that you no longer had a regular (4:3) TV but a 16:9 (widescreen) TV. It makes a BIG difference in the DVD player's ability to show discs properly.

After I posted earlier, asking about anamorphic widescreen, I discoverd this. I had noticed that whenever I tried to watch a movie that was filmed in widescreen and have it fill up the TV screen it all looked wonky. I checked the DVD player's set up and switched from 4:3 to 16:9 and wallah...my Bollywood movie looked fantastic and it was in widescreen without anything being cut-off!

I have a lot to learn about these newfangled things which, up till now, I had ingnored.

And DR Jose, I will have you know that Bollywood movies are quite up to date, technology wise...and had you gone to see that Hindi movie with DR Rodzinski and I, you would know better!  8)

And I think that is why Rodzinski has not been seen or heard from lately...he became so enamored of that Bollywood movie that he has likely ordered dozens of them on DVD and is busy watching them.

Or not.

MBarnum

« Reply #290 on: October 21, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »

DR Edisaurus, did you have an opportunity to discuss with James Ivory his Bollywood movies? Didn't he just adore working with Helen in Bombay Talkies!!??? I must know everything!

td

• td
« Reply #291 on: October 21, 2007, 10:10:59 PM »

Most of the Bollywood movies I've rented and purchased are anamorphically enhanced, very few are not.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

MBarnum

« Reply #292 on: October 21, 2007, 10:11:48 PM »

TD, I highly recommend BAABUL...but be sure to invest in kleenex!

MBarnum

« Reply #293 on: October 21, 2007, 10:13:34 PM »

And speaking of BAABUL, how about a nice John Abraham page 10 dance!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #294 on: October 21, 2007, 10:21:53 PM »

We just returned from seeing a movie we both liked very much: LARS AND THE REAL GIRL.

It was produced by Sidney Kimmel and the DP was Adam Kimmel.

And relation to our own bk?

The directing and casting was excellent, with a very original script. Ryan Gosling was great as were all the supporting players.

No relation.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2007, 10:22:06 PM »

Will we never get to page eleven?

Tomovoz

« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2007, 10:34:25 PM »

Question for DRs.

Other than the titles for two "Tammy" films, did Sandra Dee record any other material?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #297 on: October 21, 2007, 10:57:10 PM »

Question for DRs.

Other than the titles for two "Tammy" films, did Sandra Dee record any other material?

From a Sandra Dee Fan Page

Actress Sandra Dee also had a brief recording career.She sang on the Soundtrack to the film "The Snow Queen"(Decca DL-8977/DL 78977) and released a single from the film called "Do It While You're Young" which was backed with "Questions" in 1960.Another single followed, "Dear Johnny/"When I Fall In Love" (Decca 9-31042) that year. Her final record was "Tammy Tell Me True"/"Lets Fall In Love" (Decca 9-31265) in 1961.She also sang in a few of her movies besides "The Snow Queen". Miss Dee sang in "Tammy tell Me True" and "Take Her She's Mine" . She did NOT however, sing in "Tammy And the Doctor" and " "Doctor, You've Got to Be Kidding".(Her voice was dubbed).

IT IS RUMORED THAT Sandra Dee is also on two import Cd's:""Stars of The Silver Screen"(2-MCA 6-28344DT) from Germany that was released in 1987 and "Pixie Girls" (MCA-WMC5-95) from Japan that was released in 1991.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #298 on: October 21, 2007, 10:59:10 PM »

Will we never get to page eleven?

If Tom keeps asking questions and I can find answers, yes!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Tomovoz

« Reply #299 on: October 21, 2007, 11:02:20 PM »

Thanks for that.  I have the "Tammy Tell Me True" single and wondered how rare it was.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up