Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SIMPLY AGOG  (Read 34292 times)

FJL

Re:SIMPLY AGOG
« Reply #240 on: October 30, 2007, 02:59:38 PM »

And one for A Piece of Mahler's

FJL

« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2007, 03:00:13 PM »

(from Elaine stritch's legendary Mahler's bakery)

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: October 30, 2007, 03:05:34 PM »

If I didn't feel so lousy, I'd go out with a glass and Trick or Gin.

LOL, that sounds Yuleabaking (that's Yule-a-bock-ing) a tradition my parents used to participate in between Christmas and New Years.  Someone starts and goes to an unsuspecting friend's house singing the Yuleabaking song, the friend then serves everyone a drink and the friend pick's the next house. Then they all go there and the same thing keeps happening...so at each place there are more people and more booze flowing.   Of course that was before the drinking and driving laws were enforced like they are now. In the end the first couple has  food etc for everyone. Then everyone signs a table cloth and the people who were last and had to provide drinks to so many people get to start it the next year.  

The tradition stopped before I was old enough to go along, but there are memories of my dad blowing the bugle, people falling in snow drifts etc. It was something to see.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 03:08:37 PM by Cillaliz »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2007, 03:10:01 PM »

DR elmore - Alas, Levain closes at 7:00, so... But maybe an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie from Amy's Bread... Or a piece of Monkey Cake! Hmm...

Not till Thursday, DR Jose! You need to stay healthy, and I'll try to show some self-control.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2007, 03:21:31 PM »

Who cares? I want cake!

Would a huge slab of red velvet cake do?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #245 on: October 30, 2007, 03:23:01 PM »

... I'll try to show some self-control.

We know you can! Macbeth still lives!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2007, 03:26:23 PM »

Back from the dentist.  Dr. Purohit.

I like her.

She's gonna be expensive.

But I felt like a "patient" rather than an insurance claim form with dollar signs.

She confirmed my suspicions that I've been grinding my teeth at night (while sleeping).

And she suggested.....BRACES....as a possible longterm solution!  She'll let me know as soon as she studies all the X-rays, the impressions and the measurements they took.  I'm thinking "invisaligns", but I'm certain someone here will start imagining "Ugly Betty"-styled braces.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2007, 03:27:58 PM »

I had NO LUNCH today.

None.  Nada.  Zilch.

And I don't feel particularly hungry right now.

Except I know I'm gonna have to eat soon 'cause I'm feeling just the slightest bit "lightheaded" (shut up, springjaw!).

:D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2007, 03:28:48 PM »

Not till Thursday, DR Jose! You need to stay healthy, and I'll try to show some self-control.

Does this mean no cake?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #249 on: October 30, 2007, 03:29:50 PM »

The day has been gray and a bit gloomy all day.  Not a spot of sunshine has peeked through the murk of the marine layer.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2007, 03:30:39 PM »

I agree with DR Matthew that it seems almost like winter.  And I, for one, will welcome it.

I long for some of those cold-ish, wet-ish days of clouds and fog...and a cheery fire going in my fireplace.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #251 on: October 30, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #252 on: October 30, 2007, 03:32:42 PM »

Nah....it's Googie Gomez day at HainesHisWay.com

Chew know what I mean?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #253 on: October 30, 2007, 03:33:49 PM »

I am looking forward to getting home this evening and putting together my chicken noodle soup.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #254 on: October 30, 2007, 03:34:20 PM »

I am looking forward to watching "Samantha Who?" for the first time.  I recorded it on my DVR while I was watching "Heroes".

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2007, 03:46:58 PM »

I am so puzzled: I've been seeing reviews lately on the  wonderful 1981 Beineix film DIVA, which I've owned forever. This morning on the Arts channel, I caught a clip of Wilhelminia Fernandez singing the big aria frpom LA WALLY, and I got the impression there's a new release of the film on DVD.  Why can't I find anything on this?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2007, 04:09:09 PM »

I've been listening to the quartet of new CD releases from ps classics [Andrea Burns, Victoria Clark, Lauren Kennedy, and demos by Jonathan Larson].

I must say, I'm really blown away by almost every song by Jeff Blumenkrantz that I've heard!  His podcasts last year were quite something, too.

I want to get all four of those CDs...should I??  And I loved Jeff's podcasts, also!  I downloaded them and burned them all to CDs. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2007, 04:10:30 PM »

I am so puzzled: I've been seeing reviews lately on the  wonderful 1981 Beineix film DIVA, which I've owned forever. This morning on the Arts channel, I caught a clip of Wilhelminia Fernandez singing the big aria frpom LA WALLY, and I got the impression there's a new release of the film on DVD.  Why can't I find anything on this?

Dunno, but I have a tape of it I recorded off Cinemax back in the early 1980s.  Haven't watched it in a while, but this film has some magic to it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: October 30, 2007, 04:17:03 PM »

Back and forth and forth and back and soon to the Dale of Glen.  I had a very nice meeting at the theater in Anaheim Hills where The Brain will be done next May as part of the LA Festival of New Musicals.  I got a good vibe from the artistic director, and while the space is small, it felt good to me.  They have asked me to seriously consider directing it, which I'm seriously considering - just don't know that I will or won't yet - it depends on a lot of factors, but whether I do or don't, I've given them my blessing to do the show.

singdaw

« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2007, 04:18:04 PM »

I want to get all four of those CDs...should I??

I think you should!   :D

I haven't listened to the Larson yet, but the three ladies are definitely worth it, imho.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2007, 04:19:54 PM »

I want to get all four of those CDs...should I??  And I loved Jeff's podcasts, also!  I downloaded them and burned them all to CDs. :)

Jeff's a good guy. I think I've known him since he left NYU and I really like his music.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2007, 04:21:49 PM »

I think you should!   :D

I haven't listened to the Larson yet, but the three ladies are definitely worth it, imho.

I just ordered the album by the veddy grand Ms Clark.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2007, 04:28:48 PM »

I must have a death wish. I plan to listen to Patti's Gypsy later today.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2007, 04:36:09 PM »

I must have a death wish. I plan to listen to Patti's Gypsy later today.

I thought she acted it well and mangled the rhythms of the music.

singdaw

« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2007, 04:40:41 PM »

I just ordered the album by the veddy grand Ms Clark.  

DR elmore3003 - you surprise me!  I thought you hated her guts.

singdaw

« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2007, 04:41:58 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - that should be a fun gig.  I think I've enjoyed the White Christmas cast album more than I have most others in quite a while.  The Brain excepted.

singdaw

« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2007, 04:42:37 PM »

***JOB OFFER VIBES*** for DS Craig!  :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2007, 04:45:08 PM »

I thought she acted it well and mangled the rhythms of the music.
I'm listening now!
Horses and all that. You had to be there I guess. It's still that irritating voice.

"Some people" is playing.  no!  It's not for me.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2007, 05:00:49 PM »

Great news, BK.  

Here's the Chance Theatre's press release announcing BRAIN as part of its season (it's in pdf format)

http://www.chancetheater.com/press/p_r/2008Season.pdf

td

• td
« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2007, 05:02:21 PM »

Who cares? I want cake!

I HAD cake after dinner!  Confetti cake, to be exact.  Yum.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up