Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: KILLER COCKROACHES!  (Read 33766 times)

Cillaliz

Re:KILLER COCKROACHES!
« Reply #330 on: November 01, 2007, 08:15:11 PM »

i had good news today, i didn't damage any tendons in my foot & there were no surprises on the x-ray.  the doctor wanted to fit me with orthotics.  i've tried them before & they hurt.  he said they are alway hard, for support.  i nixed that idea so he said to only wear my extra support saucony's, & to nt go barefoot, even in the house.

Great News Jane!  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #331 on: November 01, 2007, 08:18:05 PM »

I spent the two hours before prime time started watching the first two episodes of BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ. It's a mini-series a la RICH MAN, POOR MAN with thirteen episodes and a two hour epilogue.

I've enjoyed the first two segments (they each have run more than an hour each. The first was almost 90 minutes and the second about 65 minutes.)  

Very disappointed with the quality. Supposedly these 1980 programs have been remastered, but they still look very dated, often soft, lots of brackish color, grain issues. The characters are interesting enough to take one's mind away from the video imperfections, but I've a long way to go to get through the set and will have to learn to like the look of these episodes.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #332 on: November 01, 2007, 08:19:01 PM »

UGLY BETTY had its WICKED-based show, and what an excellent episode it was. Loved all the stories and eager to see next week's show.

Matt H.

« Reply #333 on: November 01, 2007, 08:20:30 PM »

GREY'S ANATOMY had some great moments tonight, too. Nice surprise at the end, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #334 on: November 01, 2007, 08:23:14 PM »

I had thought I might watch LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT "live," but since GREY'S didn't wind up until 7 minutes past the hour, I watched SMALLVILLE off the DVR.

Finally an episode where Kara isn't intolerable to watch. Well, she is for the first half of the show, but looks like they're working out her anger issues.

Great to see Helen Slater (Kara in the SUPERGIRL movie) guesting as Clark's real mother. Hope they can find a way to work her character back into more episodes down the road. Really enjoyed her presence on the show tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #335 on: November 01, 2007, 08:37:28 PM »

No writing to do tonight, so I can head off to bed earlier than usual.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2007, 09:10:49 PM »

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #337 on: November 01, 2007, 09:11:29 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

I always get the biggest kick out of her... and of course Mr. Humphries...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #338 on: November 01, 2007, 09:14:14 PM »

BK, do you (or anyone else, for that matter) want the password for the HHW Photobucket account that I created?  I won't post it, but I'll PM it.

Yes George!  I also have a couple I use also but sometimes I forget which account I put things in...

Actually 5 accounts...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 09:54:36 PM by DakotaCelt »

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #339 on: November 01, 2007, 09:23:37 PM »

edisaurus - it JUST came to me - wouldn't The Closer like to donate some DVDS or hats or a signed script or a show jacket to our silent auction?  Of course, I'd need it by tomorrow or first thing Monday morning - I HATE when I think of things at the last minute.

Sorry bk---it would be tough to do at this late date, especially since they are done shooting for the season so the cast are off on other projects. I do have copies of all the scripts for this season but no way to get anyone to autograph them.                                                                                    
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #340 on: November 01, 2007, 09:23:59 PM »

Good Evening!

WHEW!
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #341 on: November 01, 2007, 09:24:59 PM »

DR EDISAURUS - once you upload the photo into PhotoBucket you will see a list of URLS underneath.  Copy the one that starts with [img] and then paste it into your post here and the picture will appear.

Thanks JRand. I reckon George will post the address later...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #342 on: November 01, 2007, 09:27:14 PM »

?  i have this correct, they will only pay for your first shot & then never again?  this also applies to people with a history of pneumonia?

what is the ruling on flu shots?

Once only on Pneumonia - no exceptions! (And I've had pneumonia at least three times!)

No limitations on Flu shots.

It is possible an attending physician could create an exception.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2007, 09:29:32 PM »

I'm really not feeling well, tummy-wise.  Again, I think it's all stress-related, but it's really irksome.  I've been working most of the night on the entrances and exits diagrams, so that I have them for tomorrow.  Having these enables me to see how the show will flow in terms of comings and goings and goings and comings.  Our PowerPoint stuff should be finished this evening, then I just have to find someone to operate - the difficult thing is I have to know whether the cyc is always going to be visible or whether there will be occasional times when I have a black curtain down in front of it - do any of you understand PowerPoint?  Because right now we've got black slides after each pic - but will those show up as black against the white cyc?  I know we had similar things between the slides in NY but they never showed up black, just neutral.  But she could also do white slides between pics, but only if the cyc is always there.  Anyone know?

Edisaurus

« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2007, 09:29:47 PM »

MBarnum...how cool!

I can sympathize with her. At least she got one trick or treater, which was more than I had, and me in a neighborhood full of kids!

Did you get an answer to you itunes question? If you buy an album, the whole album downloads into your itunes. I've been afraid to upgrade to 7.2 because that started my woes a few months ago. I think you can download album art sometimes, too, but I like having the liner notes, so I usually will buy the real CD unless it's something I have to have immediately.

Edisaurus

« Reply #345 on: November 01, 2007, 09:32:25 PM »

I'm really not feeling well, tummy-wise.  Again, I think it's all stress-related

But bk, why in the world would you be feeling any stress? You are only doing the work of 10 people!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #346 on: November 01, 2007, 09:33:44 PM »

& to nt go barefoot, even in the house.

Does that mean Keith has to forego his Japanese "run naked-up-and-down-my-spine massage?

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #347 on: November 01, 2007, 09:34:23 PM »

Margaret Bourke-White has taken many incredible photographs over her lifer time.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #348 on: November 01, 2007, 09:35:09 PM »

In honor of DS Betsy's writing assignment, I'm listening to Spamalot on my iPod as I work.

I actually saw Spamalot this past summer. Loved it!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #349 on: November 01, 2007, 09:37:04 PM »

If BK should suddenly vanish WITHOUT A TRACE, we should probably start our search at DakotaCelt's dungeon basement.  There is little doubt we will find BK chained to the wall until he reveals Matt and Christina Ashford's home address.  ;)

bwahahahahahaha..... You never know!! ;)

But then again... Who? Me????   I am  pure sweet and innocent... :::bats eyelashes:::::

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #350 on: November 01, 2007, 09:38:25 PM »

I had a wonderful time in White Christmas land.  It turned out that today was the big "meet and greet" for the Toronto and Boston companies - the two "major sanctioned" productions this season.  So, after an initial rehearsal with the MD and the wonderful Peter Reardon, we had the "meet and greet".

I have to say that Walter Bobbie gave one of the funniest and most heartfelt "Welcome To Camp" speeches I've ever heard.  It made me a little sad to know that I'm just with the company for a few days, but also very lucky to be with the company for just these few days.  Also in attendance at today's gathering were some folks from R&H as well as Irving Berlin's daughter, Elizabeth Peters.

I spent most of today playing rehearsals for Peter (he's playing Bob this year, his first time in the role), as well as Jeffrey Denman and Meredith Patterson (who were reviewing their material, as well as learning some new steps here and there).  I had a wonderful time playing playing some great arrangements of some great music.  And tomorrow, more of the same.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #351 on: November 01, 2007, 09:38:25 PM »

Sad but true.

Hmmm, he can share the closet with all my Matt and Missy/ JnJ tapes... Another World and my two lonely Search for tomorrow tapes. I would someday love to get Matt's run from that show.

Edisaurus

« Reply #352 on: November 01, 2007, 09:38:52 PM »

One of our newscasters has a son who's a college freshman and is interested in political cartooning. I wanted to do a change of address announcement, but also recognize the fact that we have been planning to move for 14 years and people have given up thinking we ever would. So in honor of everyone who said it would be a cold day in hell when we actually move, I asked him to draw us a cartoon for the announcement:

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #353 on: November 01, 2007, 09:39:43 PM »

DP and I shall be seeing "Spamalot" in three weeks time.

We watched a DVD of the Broadway cast earlier this week.
(Yes! it was one of those.)

Tom, I got to see the show in St. Paul and it was excellent. I also have the CD of the original cast. Have fun!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #354 on: November 01, 2007, 09:41:27 PM »

I came home tonight to a package from the UPS containing two boxes of Sees Peanut Brittle from my dear, dear Laurie "Queen of Outer Space" Mitchell! Oh, my gosh it is soooooooooooo goood!

No - See's peanut brittle is not soooooooo goood! It is perfection. The finest Peanut Brittle on earth! (An excuse to fly through Phoenix - they sell it in the airport!)

der Bucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #355 on: November 01, 2007, 09:41:58 PM »

And it just so happens that Brian D'Arcy James is back in the White Christmas family this year.  He'll be with the Boston company.

And it also turns out that The Brain's own Richard Pruitt and Chad Harlow are also in the Boston company.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #356 on: November 01, 2007, 09:43:05 PM »

DR edisaurus - GREAT moving announcement!
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #357 on: November 01, 2007, 09:45:33 PM »

I wonder if he would acclimate to ND's climate?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #358 on: November 01, 2007, 09:46:36 PM »

Topic of the Day:

Main engine exhaust, solid rocket booster plume and an expanding ball of gas from the external tank is visible seconds after the Space Shuttle Challenger accident on Jan. 28, 1986.

I still remember what I was doing and wearing that day...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #359 on: November 01, 2007, 09:46:36 PM »

DR MBarnum - As DR edisaurus just indicated, when you purchase and album from iTunes you are just purchasing digital music files of each song on the CD.  -Consequently, for most CDs, you can also just purchase individual tracks.  You do not receive and actual hard copy (CD disc).  A lot of the iTunes offerings now offer digital booklets, and some iTunes releases will have special "iTunes only" content.

Personally, I still like buying real CDs, but when I've needed to listen/reference a song on short notice, iTunes has really come in handy.

*Of course, if you wish, after you download a CD, you can then burn a cop to a CD-ROM.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up