Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NETHER REGIONS  (Read 33150 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE NETHER REGIONS
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2007, 10:03:24 AM »

Dress Circle is one of the slowest pays ever.  We now have a deal - they pay fourteen days AFTER they receive their package, which usually takes two weeks.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2007, 10:04:04 AM »

Will we never get to page six?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2007, 10:04:30 AM »

Everyone must be reading Murder At Hollywood High, because they're sure not around these here parts.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2007, 10:04:48 AM »

Rodzinski seems to have abandoned us completely.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2007, 10:05:08 AM »

TPunk is only an occasional visitor.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2007, 10:05:22 AM »

Pogue seems to be a thing of the past.

singdaw

« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2007, 10:08:42 AM »

Not to mention dear DR Dan (the Man)!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2007, 10:11:32 AM »

Has anyone successfully used DD1109 at Deep Discount?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2007, 10:15:07 AM »

And the word of the day is: ANASTROPHE!
The monster in the closet the ORPHANS ATE.  (Did one burp, or more?)

ANOTHER ASP Cleopatra desired.  (Yep, that one bites.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2007, 10:15:48 AM »

Everyone must be reading Murder At Hollywood High, because they're sure not around these here parts.
I was at work.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2007, 10:20:35 AM »

I have been manically getting songs recorded for "Cinderella."  The director has had some excellent ideas (i.e., we're splitting the Gavotte into three disparate styles--Bossa Nova, Mambo and Swing), but, oy, does it sure take a lot of time to first sequence, then record, then edit WAV files.  I must say I have become an extremely facile WAV editor--I can do edits that are virtually impossible to hear, if I do say so myself.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

FJL

« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2007, 10:21:32 AM »

Just checking in, much tax work to do.  Catching up takes so long, there's no time to post.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2007, 10:21:51 AM »

Has anyone successfully used DD1109 at Deep Discount?

Never mind....today  is the 8th, and the sale doesn't start until the 9th.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2007, 10:23:11 AM »

Hello, all.  I'm so distracted that I left everything for the NYPL on my desk when I left the office.  Since I didn't want to break down and cry in the Music Division, I came home to do it.

I did bite the bullet and sent an email to the attorney and my two brothers asking them to go to the bank before Tuesday Nov 13 and apply for a loan on the property to settle the taxes.  I also called Randy this morning and apologized for all the crap I keep dumping on him and Jo Ann. I am so grateful for them.

DR Jeanne, I wouldn't give the Macbeths a break at the moment for anything; they've been total shits and I will rot in hell before I give them a single iota of victory.

And on that, my thoughts on the TOD:
The Hildegarde Withers mysteries with Edna Mae Oliver
The Little Rascals' Miss Crabtree
A Christmas Story (I love Ralphie's teacher)
Good Morning, Miss dove
The Corn Is Green
Porky's
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »

I have been manically getting songs recorded for "Cinderella."  The director has had some excellent ideas (i.e., we're splitting the Gavotte into three disparate styles--Bossa Nova, Mambo and Swing), but, oy, does it sure take a lot of time to first sequence, then record, then edit WAV files.  I must say I have become an extremely facile WAV editor--I can do edits that are virtually impossible to hear, if I do say so myself.  :)

The sound you hear is Richard Rodgers spinning in his grave.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »

DR Ben - thank you for the Celebration info.  I'll try to find a copy of the CD.  Also, I've just retrieved Francine Prose's The Glorious Ones from the nether regions of the library (storage, 2 floors underground) and checked it out.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2007, 10:24:53 AM »

I must say I have become an extremely facile WAV editor--

Oh, yeah?   Edit this!

;)

singdaw

« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2007, 10:27:41 AM »

The sound you hear is Richard Rodgers spinning in his grave.

In three-quarter time, of course!

Or, if he's spinning in cut time, does he spin twice as fast?  Ask DR JoseSPiano...

singdaw

« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2007, 10:29:06 AM »

DR Ben - thank you for the Celebration info.  I'll try to find a copy of the CD.

DR Ginny - unless your library has it [or can borrow it], that may prove to be very difficult.

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2007, 10:29:18 AM »

DR Elmore: Since I've been away from the boards for so long, I don't know the full story of your troubles (and I probably don't want to), but here's hoping for better times for you soon...

Never having been much of a TV or movie-watcher, today's TOD doesn't work too well for me... I guess Dead Poet's Society by default (can't think of any other school-based movie that I enjoyed, and never watched any of the school-based TV shows)

singdaw

« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2007, 10:30:48 AM »

{{{{{DR elmore3003}}}}}[/size][/color]

Kerry

« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2007, 10:35:56 AM »

Good morning, all.  As the Monday trip nears, I'm getting more fraught about how the hell I'm paying the $30,000 taxes next week: the sale of the property isn't moving, we can't sell my dad's motor home, the Macbeths are showing signs of renegging on their promise to repay my dad's loan.  Randy and JoAnn are also concerned about all of this, and I keep dumping requests for help on them since the Macbeths have done crap to help with any of this.  Randy and Jo, with their we-have-to-knuckle-down-and-get-it-done attitude have my undying affection but I can't keep puttng my neuroses and pressure on them.  I'm also looking forward to seeing the Macbeths about as much as I look forward to a root canal.  There's a gnawing belief that they're being difficult because they're so looking forward to see me fall on my sword to prove I should have turned the executorship over to them, I mean him.  God, I hate that Macbeth bitch my sister-in-law!

A long day today: Toyland first, then the NYPL.  I may stop at a local bank and pull a robbery as well if there's time.

I definitely feel for you, and you have my best wishes.   You're a strong man with a strong determination.  Karma is on your side.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:36:42 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2007, 10:37:39 AM »

DR Ginny - unless your library has it [or can borrow it], that may prove to be very difficult.

Indeed; I've been hoping for a reissue of that CD for quite some time (since I saw "The Show Goes On," Schmidt & Jones's wonderful revue, which featured a couple of songs from that score).

Looking around, though, I found an outfit that claims to be authorized to produce CD-R reissues of out-of-print CDs, including Celebration. Anybody familiar with these folks? That price is about 1/5th the price that I've seen for an original CD elsewhere...

singdaw

« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2007, 10:39:15 AM »

OK, a mini-rant.  Does this make any sense?

The color laser printer, which serves about 50 people in the immediate vicinity, has just run out of toner.  Purchasing will not allow us to keep a spare, or to order a cartridge until the current one runs out.  So now we will all be without the use of this printer until Monday or Tuesday next week, when a cartridge can be obtained through the normal procurement chanels.

I mean, honestly!   :P

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2007, 10:39:42 AM »

We watched the American Masters program on Carol Burnett last night.  She is such a delight.  WHY oh why can't they release a box set of her complete television series? Or the two incarnations [one in b&w, one in color] of her Once Upon a Mattress?  Or her several appearances jointly with Julie Andrews?  The clips are so tantalizing...    :-\

I saw that also and really enjoyed it. I was also intrigued by some of the clips.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2007, 10:41:10 AM »

Looking around, though, I found an outfit that claims to be authorized to produce CD-R reissues of out-of-print CDs, including Celebration. Anybody familiar with these folks? That price is about 1/5th the price that I've seen for an original CD elsewhere...

I ordered the Pearl Bailey Hello, Dolly! and also How Now, Dow Jones from them fairly recently; they are legit and provided good service.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2007, 10:41:10 AM »

a few other school related movies / programs

The Faculty

Revenge of the Nerds
Animal House
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2007, 10:43:15 AM »

Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Kerry

« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2007, 10:43:51 AM »

Yes.  And I think he's going to need a lot of discipline.    8)

You might too! ;)
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2007, 10:45:51 AM »

DR MBarnum, a still from the film called MEET THE SPARTANS and due out in 2008. This movie has "Mikey Barnum" written all over it, and there should be lots of actors who will be the same age as you around 30 years from now when you're no longer cruising the retirement homes but living in one.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:46:23 AM by elmore3003 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up