Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: APPLES AND ORANGES  (Read 24193 times)

Ginny

Re:APPLES AND ORANGES
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2007, 06:57:15 PM »

In the "it's a small world" department, I had an email from our niece Jen about her husband's actor cousin, Greg Wooddell.  Jen thought we'd be interested in what he's doing - Cymbeline at Lincoln Center.  I just emailed her the comments DRs Elmore and Ben made earlier this week about the show.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2007, 07:05:12 PM »

...And I was actually thinking of catching Cymbeline tonight... But since I got called into rehearsal... And since it was one of the two remaining Broadway shows available on TKTS today... I didn't think my chances of getting a cheap seat were going to be that good.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2007, 07:07:27 PM »

Also, DR Jose, your mention of White Christmas reminded that I noticed yesterday that it's playing at La Comedia, our local dinner theatre.  Wonder if we should go?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2007, 07:15:11 PM »

Also, DR Jose, your mention of White Christmas reminded that I noticed yesterday that it's playing at La Comedia, our local dinner theatre.  Wonder if we should go?

OH!  I guess you are in La Comedia Land!  -Or "La Chlamydia" as some of us so lovingly refer to it as.  ;)  I've come "this close" to working there a few times, and the staff there are regulars at the SETC conferences I play ever year.  In fact, my roommate, Megan, was there last season for Footloose.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2007, 07:19:09 PM »

LOL! Now I'll have to concentrate very hard NOT to call it La Chlamydia!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2007, 07:25:28 PM »

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

DotM

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2007, 07:25:29 PM »

Like Larry, I am distrustful of DotM and am also not convinced it's a woman.  It was the post that drew "her" out (and which I made for a specific reason) that was so telling.  

I've made 3 posts here - which have mysteriously disappeared. If your actions with the agent and the actress weren't so abhorrent, and my comments on them so laughable, why not leave them around for kicks and giggles? Why delete them?

I've made 3 posts here - and in none of them have I claimed to be a woman.  Oh...I see where you got that idea now....carry on.

I've made 3 posts here - and have been quite frank about my disgust each time. What' s not to trust?

You do realize that all I have to do is log out and you wouldn't even know I was here reading, don't you?   ::)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 07:26:35 PM by DotM »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2007, 07:27:33 PM »

LOL
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2007, 07:40:43 PM »

I am quite thrilled that I managed to find 4 of my friends that would go to a Bollywood movie with me!! I hope they are still friends afterwards!

So.... Are you taking one or two cars?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2007, 07:46:51 PM »

Almost time for MAD Tv.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #250 on: November 10, 2007, 07:47:12 PM »

Don't feed the animals.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: November 10, 2007, 07:48:32 PM »

Larry - Are you talking about after the living Nativity?  They ended with a popped-up version of "Joy to the World."

No, the Santa's Workshop Finale.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: November 10, 2007, 07:55:48 PM »

...And I was actually thinking of catching Cymbeline tonight... But since I got called into rehearsal... And since it was one of the two remaining Broadway shows available on TKTS today... I didn't think my chances of getting a cheap seat were going to be that good.

Mr Wooddell has biceps that would send DR MBarnum into a coma, and he's quite wonderful as one of the two stolen sons of the king.  I think our Bollywood Baby would love CYMBELINE.

DR Jose, Curtis says they're still making changes and cuts in the show so I'm glad I saw it when I did. Tickets are available on the TDF website for $28.00 right now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: November 10, 2007, 07:57:51 PM »

I had a major role in their first production.  In fact, La Chlamydia is one of the man reasns I moved to New York.  If I had a chance to see WHITE CHRISTMAS there, I'd stay home and listen to the CD.  Unless, of course, I knew someone in the production.

FJL

« Reply #254 on: November 10, 2007, 08:01:02 PM »

Larry - I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember (from just seven hours ago, believe it or not) how they ended the Santa's Workshop segment musically, except for the spelling out of the letters (another holdover form prior years that i now remember as a welcome holdover) and - SPOILER

that it now involves the resolution of a plotline with two young brothers, the older of which hadn't discovered the meaning of Christmas but at the end of the Santa's workshop section has discovered that you don't choose the gift, the gift chooses you.  This seemed very different from all the times I've seen the show before.  

But the Santa's workshop and reindeer sequence from prior years had been one of my favorites - exciting to know that you had been involved in those.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: November 10, 2007, 08:04:32 PM »

But the Santa's workshop and reindeer sequence from prior years had been one of my favorites - exciting to know that you had been involved in those.
I guess that I won't be seeing any repayment from the broadcast!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #256 on: November 10, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »

I've made 3 posts here - which have mysteriously disappeared. If your actions with the agent and the actress weren't so abhorrent, and my comments on them so laughable, why not leave them around for kicks and giggles? Why delete them?
The ability to delete posts is limited to the person who made the posts, and the Administrator.  BK is not the Administrator.  He cannot delete posts.

I've made 3 posts here - and in none of them have I claimed to be a woman.  Oh...I see where you got that idea now....carry on.
In your profile, you say that you are female.

I've made 3 posts here - and have been quite frank about my disgust each time. What' s not to trust?
Well, there's the fact that you have not let us know anything about yourself, where you are coming from.  We, as an internet community, are very open about ourselves.  We hold conversations, give background information, ask and answer questions.  Since you do not behave in a manner similar to the rest of our community, even though you have had plenty of time to do so, we tend to be suspicious.

You do realize that all I have to do is log out and you wouldn't even know I was here reading, don't you?   ::)
And yet, here you are.  This suggests that you want to have your presence known.

What is it that makes you so needy?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #257 on: November 10, 2007, 08:06:26 PM »

Oh.  She has logged off.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #258 on: November 10, 2007, 08:15:03 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #259 on: November 10, 2007, 08:21:23 PM »

Two HD questions for all those out there who are hooked up to it.

I saw in Costco today a HD player for $189.00 that is about $160 less than it was a a while ago. The Blu Ray is about $450.

HD seems to be a good price but which version will become dominate? (I hope this isn't beta vs vhs all over again)

I have a wide screen HD ready prokection TV but I don't think I have the connection input that is need is there another way to connect an HD or Blu Ray to my TV set?

It IS the Beta vs. VHS problem all over again, and at this point, there is no way to tell how it will end or IF it will end with either side winning (could be that each side just becomes a small niche market a la laserdisc).

If you have an HDTV, you can connect the high definition players through the component jacks (red-blue-green). At this point, you can get full high def through both the component and the HDMI ports, so you don't need HDMI to enjoy high def technology. You just need the proper cables, the machine, and the discs.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2007, 08:21:29 PM »

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2007, 08:21:45 PM »

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #262 on: November 10, 2007, 08:24:59 PM »

Matt H.

« Reply #263 on: November 10, 2007, 08:27:03 PM »

DR Matt:

Last week you were asking why Torchwood had an episode that had almost nothing of Captain Jack, and for that matter almost nothing of most of the regulars (except for Gwen).

We caught the episode earlier this evening, and I can understand your confusion.  It was a mirror of two episodes of Doctor Who, "Love and Monsters" in the second series and "Blink" in the third.  What producer Russel T. Davies discovered was that there was too much of a time crunch to get all the stories produced in time, requiring too much of his stars.  So, he included a story in the second season that only marginally involved the Doctor (and Rose) to afford his cast and crew the time they needed... and the trick worked.  He pulled it off the second time by... well, that would require spoilers.  

So, Davies pulled it off again with "Random Shoes," basically a story involving Gwen with a character named Eugene Jones, a stand-alone story told from Eugene's POV.  Given the big special effects stories to come towards the end of the series, this gives the rest of the cast and crew the time to get their work done.

(And, spoiler time... yes, the last stories, from what I've come across, have a lot going on, special effects-wise and otherwise.)

DR S Woody,

I did mention last week that Captain Jack wasn't in much of the episode, but it was DR Jennifer who didn't understand how the star of the show could be absent from much of the show. I understand that the show is going to feature one character more prominently each week than the others. I have no problem with it. As Captain Jack is my favorite character, of course I miss him when he's not there, but I had no problem with it and didn't mean to imply otherwise.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #264 on: November 10, 2007, 08:30:40 PM »

DR S Woody,

I did mention last week that Captain Jack wasn't in much of the episode, but it was DR Jennifer who didn't understand how the star of the show could be absent from much of the show. I understand that the show is going to feature one character more prominently each week than the others. I have no problem with it. As Captain Jack is my favorite character, of course I miss him when he's not there, but I had no problem with it and didn't mean to imply otherwise.
My error.  Please accept my appology.

Matt H.

« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2007, 08:31:36 PM »

Wonderful new avatar, DR George. Lots of fun.

Enjoyed the pics, DRs td and Laura.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2007, 08:32:35 PM »

Thanks.

Matt H.

« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2007, 08:32:40 PM »

My error.  Please accept my appology.

No problem. I appreciate the explanation, and I'm sure Jennifer will too when she sees it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »

Dear DotM - you obviously want your presence known, if not, log off, as you say.

My "abhorrent" behavior was nothing of the sort - the actress and the agent in question made statements and sent e-mails that were abhorrent - I merely reacted to them in the best way I know how - I could not in good conscience recommend that person for a job, and I didn't.  And that is what abhorrent behavior nets you - it's why you should be careful of what you put out there.  Why would I EVER recommend anyone who had made a statement about me that I found disgusting.  I wouldn't, I didn't, and I won't.  If you find that abhorrent, that is your problem, not mine.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #269 on: November 10, 2007, 08:34:29 PM »

In Photobucket, there's a tab to "create avatar" and it's pretty cool!  

I have played with that many times and I have several more I can change into for here.

That is where I made this one and I believe derBrucer has played with it also.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up