Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: BEST BIRTHDAY EVER  (Read 37314 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:BEST BIRTHDAY EVER
« Reply #210 on: December 09, 2007, 02:36:51 PM »

I am glad to read that BK's Birthday Bash was a wonderful success, both in person and by internet.

I went to bed around 8 or so last night, so there were many many pages to catch up on. At first I wondered if we broke the server with so many posts!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #211 on: December 09, 2007, 02:37:09 PM »

I am glad your head is feeling better, DR Ginny.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #212 on: December 09, 2007, 02:48:03 PM »

I feel younger than springtime and older than Methusala all at once.  Who in HELL was Methusala anyway?  What did he have to do with old?

He was Noah's Grandpappy amd lived to be 969 years of age - a Bibical record (Beat out his relative Adam who only managed 930 years.)

So, dear bk, to set a record you must continue to post the notes for another 909 years.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2007, 02:59:37 PM »

Thank you, DR Laura.  I think it just had too many things rolling around in it that I was worried about getting done.  Now that I've completed some of them, I feel a lot better.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2007, 02:59:55 PM »

Der Brucer, can I borrow your mittens?

Mittens? Kittens have mittens, I have wool knitted gloves.

Which gloves I carefully placed by the front door while announncing "I am putting these gloves here in case you need to borrow them!"

der Brucer

Said gloves have gone missing - so Woody found them or Fletcher is on a new wool diet!

The gloves were the result of a panic purchase on a trip. We went to Chicago one December, and we like to stroll about the city and take in the sights - the very first sight we took in was the men's department at Marshall Field's! Chicago do get nippy in December! And those gentle breezes wafting down the thoroughfare gale-force gusts of frigid air roaing down the concrete tunnels they call "cityscape" just add to the "chill of it all".

Ginny

« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2007, 03:00:25 PM »

{{{DR DakotaCelt}}}

Glad you're here to let us keep you company for a while.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #216 on: December 09, 2007, 03:03:31 PM »

Hi Santa, you sure look cute :D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2007, 03:12:20 PM »

I think we all owe DR Edisaurus and  Jeanne a big round of applause for doing the DVD.   ;D

Thank you, Danise.

NOW THAT WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT...
You know, this started out as a way for all the DRs--all the regulars, anyway--to participate in BK's birthday, without being in LA. But it soon became clear to me how much many of our DRs wanted this--not just for Bruce, but because they so love HHW and wanted a visual record of their many good times either on the board or at HHW gatherings. Many people emailed me, saying, "I'm so glad we're doing this."

As most of you know, we put it together in a very short period of time--about five weeks, I'd say. As soon as I asked for photos they came pouring in. We're a very photo-happy group! Many DRs were a bit shy about leaving voice messages; Amy and I were scratching our heads and wondering about all these shy actors. That wasn't helped any by my too-vague wording in the emails. Say "photo" to a DR and you'll have emails galore; say "voice recording"--or, God forbid, "sing"--and, well, we had to lean on folks a bit. But so many of you came through and so gloriously! And, of course, all of this was done on the sly, so as to keep the surprise.

The photos were uploaded by Singdaw and myself. Singdaw has broadband at home and I do not, plus I had to acquire a new ISP in the midst of this. George supplied a great many photos, and converted them to targa files, as well, to save Amy time. Both George and derBrucer provided technical assistance whenever it was needed. Arnold, our HHW Song of the Day person, provided a selection of appropriate songs. It was Larry who, when I approached him with my original idea of doing a CD, redirected me and suggested that Amy could put together a DVD. Plus, it was ALL OF YOU who sent photos and emails and left your voice messages and made this site one worthy of such a project in the first place.

Some of you have already seen our video online. Others have requested a DVD copy. I'll leave it to Amy to decide how open we can be with the online site; it's borrowed and we don't wish to abuse it. We will provide DVD copies, but may ask for a nominal fee, yet to be determined. We'll keep you posted--especially now that we can do so publicly! Much easier!!

I wish to say again how wonderful the response was and how willing everyone was to help. You were all really great! And I THANK ALL OF YOU!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2007, 03:16:25 PM »

Hi Santa, you sure look cute :D

Thanks!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #219 on: December 09, 2007, 03:19:36 PM »

Thank you, Danise.

You know, this started out as a way for all the DRs--all the regulars, anyway--to participate in BK's birthday, without being in LA. But it soon became clear to me how much many of our DRs wanted this--not just for Bruce, but because they so love HHW and wanted a visual record of their many good times either on the board or at HHW gatherings. Many people emailed me, saying, "I'm so glad we're doing this."

As most of you know, we put it together in a very short period of time--about five weeks, I'd say. As soon as I asked for photos they came pouring in. We're a very photo-happy group! Many DRs were a bit shy about leaving voice messages; Amy and I were scratching our heads and wondering about all these shy actors. That wasn't helped any by my too-vague wording in the emails. Say "photo" to a DR and you'll have emails galore; say "voice recording"--or, God forbid, "sing"--and, well, we had to lean on folks a bit. But so many of you came through and so gloriously! And, of course, all of this was done on the sly, so as to keep the surprise.

The photos were uploaded by Singdaw and myself. Singdaw has broadband at home and I do not, plus I had to acquire a new ISP in the midst of this. George supplied a great many photos, and converted them to targa files, as well, to save Amy time. Both George and derBrucer provided technical assistance whenever it was needed. Arnold, our HHW Song of the Day person, provided a selection of appropriate songs. It was Larry who, when I approached him with my original idea of doing a CD, redirected me and suggested that Amy could put together a DVD. Plus, it was ALL OF YOU who sent photos and emails and left your voice messages and made this site one worthy of such a project in the first place.

Some of you have already seen our video online. Others have requested a DVD copy. I'll leave it to Amy to decide how open we can be with the online site; it's borrowed and we don't wish to abuse it. We will provide DVD copies, but may ask for a nominal fee, yet to be determined. We'll keep you posted--especially now that we can do so publicly! Much easier!!

I wish to say again how wonderful the response was and how willing everyone was to help. You were all really great! And I THANK ALL OF YOU!!

Damn it, Jeanne, you are getting me all misty again about this site and these crazy people.
“One thing’s universal,

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: December 09, 2007, 03:20:17 PM »

Aside from Vixmom, if you wish a DVD copy, pls let me or Amy know and provide a snailmail address.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: December 09, 2007, 03:27:25 PM »

Damn it, Jeanne, you are getting me all misty again about this site and these crazy people.

Well, TCB, it's the season for mistiness.  ;)   I won't reveal names, but MORE THAN ONE DR ADMITTED BEING TEARY-EYED while watching our DVD.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #222 on: December 09, 2007, 03:29:11 PM »

COLORADO COUNCILWOMAN RESIGNS AFTER REFUSING TO REMOVE OFFENSIVE JOKE FROM WEB SITE

A city councilwoman in Dacono, Colo., has resigned from her post after the mayor of the town said a joke she posted to a community Web log was racist and asked her to remove it from the Web site, MyFoxColorado reported Friday.

The page-long joke, posted by councilwoman Sandra Tucker, described the tale of a white male who has a "nightmare" in which he wakes up to discover that he has "been turned" black, gay, Jewish and disabled. The joke uses terms such as "negro," "queer" and "fairy," and also pokes fun at orphans, Mexicans, Jews, HIV-positive patients, drug addicts and those with physical disabilities.

The punch line of the joke comes when the person having the nightmare also finds out he is a Democrat, a "fate worse" than all the rest.

Shucks sounds like a episode from Desparate Housewives (or a new musical for the NYMF).

der Brucer

For those of you who want you daily dose of "Jane don't read this" CLICK HERE

Ginny

« Reply #223 on: December 09, 2007, 03:29:18 PM »

I'll admit the BK birthday DVD made me cry - and I was at work the first time I watched it!

When I showed it to DH Richard here at home, he pronounced it "something special."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 03:30:00 PM by Ginny »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #224 on: December 09, 2007, 03:32:41 PM »

Well, TCB, it's the season for mistiness.  ;)   I won't reveal names, but MORE THAN ONE DR ADMITTED BEING TEARY-EYED while watching our DVD.

Count me in there, too.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 03:34:27 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2007, 03:37:16 PM »

This morning I was worship leader at church -- for the first time ever. I did a couple of things differently than usual, which resulted in our service moving along better (a big problem lately). Perhaps now they will listen to me.

Nah. I'm sure not.

We should videotape a service -- from the front and from the back -- so that those in charge can see what it really looks like.

Miss Karen

« Reply #226 on: December 09, 2007, 03:42:37 PM »

LOL! Our gratuitous posting frenzy broke the server last night/early am?!  LOL!! (actually it's more like a mustache-twirling, maniacal, evil laugh)  Booo-haa-haa-haahhhh!

I love it!

Ta-tah .. ta-ta-ta-tah! Again!!

Miss Karen

« Reply #227 on: December 09, 2007, 03:44:22 PM »

Count me in there, too.

There, there, DR TCB.  Here's a HHW hankerchief...

Miss Karen

« Reply #228 on: December 09, 2007, 03:45:54 PM »

Thank you, Danise.

That's my Soul Sis!   (You go, Girl!)

Miss Karen

« Reply #229 on: December 09, 2007, 03:49:02 PM »

And Kudos to DR Jeanne's crew!! What an excellent BD gift for BK!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #230 on: December 09, 2007, 03:49:50 PM »

There, there, DR TCB.  Here's a HHW hankerchief...

Awwww, it's been used already!

“One thing’s universal,

Miss Karen

« Reply #231 on: December 09, 2007, 03:50:04 PM »

Uh-oh -- my own mini frenzy -- looks like everyone is in post-frenzy lurking mode today ...

Jane

« Reply #232 on: December 09, 2007, 03:50:49 PM »

With fear, I couldn't resist.  I'm like Laura Petrie & the big box she simply had to unwrap.

Is the councilwoman a Democrat or Republican?  I'm not sure which the joke was making fun of.  

I guess she doesn't care if she has a career in politics  ;D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #233 on: December 09, 2007, 03:51:16 PM »

When I showed it to DH Richard here at home, he pronounced it "something special."

Does he have his own stamp?

der Brucer

Wonder of JMK will post a "remembrance" of Raul Seixas?

Miss Karen

« Reply #234 on: December 09, 2007, 03:52:04 PM »

Awwww, it's been used already!

]
Eeeewww!  :P Throw it away!  Here's an unused tissue instead...

Miss Karen

« Reply #235 on: December 09, 2007, 03:54:02 PM »

But since it's all in the HHW family, I guess a few HHW germs wouldn't hurt...

Miss Karen

« Reply #236 on: December 09, 2007, 03:55:24 PM »

Silly me!

You are silly, but it's part of your charm...

Jane

« Reply #237 on: December 09, 2007, 03:56:31 PM »

When I saw the photo of Ozderek I crossed the line from teary-eyed.  

Miss Karen

« Reply #238 on: December 09, 2007, 03:56:40 PM »

My post-BD gift for BK is going to be Page 9..

DERBRUCER

« Reply #239 on: December 09, 2007, 03:57:14 PM »

I did a couple of things differently than usual, which resulted in our service moving along better

A. Cut the sermon.

B. Use only up-tempo Baptist/Methodist hymns

C. No kisiing of rattlesnakes

der Brucer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Up