Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: HO, HO, HO  (Read 27941 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:HO, HO, HO
« Reply #360 on: December 12, 2007, 09:27:35 PM »

After I left the rehearsal studios, I met up with an old college friend of mine, Don.  He's currently on staff at Tulsa Opera, and he's in town for a few days holding auditions for their upcoming season.  When I asked him what and where he wanted to go tonight, he answered, "So, now that Tower is closed, where does one buy CDs?"  ;)  So, we headed down to J&R Music World, and perused the newly revamped Classical CD department.  -Which actually didn't look that revamped to me.  In any case...

As soon as we walked into the Classical CD area, Don said, "OH!  I can't breath!"  -I guess he has been CD-deprived during his time in Tulsa.  ;)

Luckily, they were closing in about 40 minutes, so we didn't have that much time to shop, but I did end up buying a couple of CDs, and he most certainly stocked up.  He actually came across a couple of good deals, and J&R's regular prices are lower than some store's sale prices.  I know that Don is going to try to make it back there later this week, and I actually think I will too - I can finish up my Christmas shopping.  For other people.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #361 on: December 12, 2007, 09:27:49 PM »

The beautiful rooftop garden and pool at our swanky (for us) hotel in West Hollywood:
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #362 on: December 12, 2007, 09:27:52 PM »

Safe travel vibes for Ron!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

« Reply #363 on: December 12, 2007, 09:28:24 PM »

And here's our birthday boy:
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #364 on: December 12, 2007, 09:28:30 PM »

Oh I am happy to see all the photos of the festivities!

Thanks Edi!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #365 on: December 12, 2007, 09:28:54 PM »

So strange to see flowers at this time....

It is cold, windy and WHITE where I am ;)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #366 on: December 12, 2007, 09:29:16 PM »

Thanks for sharing with the rest of us edi!

Edisaurus

« Reply #367 on: December 12, 2007, 09:29:41 PM »

I will send these and more on a CD to Adrana and perhaps she will post more. I couldn't figure out how to do the photo link thing without them showing up huge and throwing us into Cinemascope!

vixmom

« Reply #368 on: December 12, 2007, 09:30:09 PM »

((((((((((((DAKOTACELT))))))))))))

I have been thinking about you all day today wondering how you were making out.....

vixmom

« Reply #369 on: December 12, 2007, 09:31:20 PM »

OH! And Edi, congratulations on becoming a Predisaurus!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #370 on: December 12, 2007, 09:32:02 PM »

DR edisaurus - Wonderful pics!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #371 on: December 12, 2007, 09:32:35 PM »

And one more...some of the splendid attendees at the birthday bash:

FJL

« Reply #372 on: December 12, 2007, 09:32:43 PM »

Did anyone see today's Top Five Tips on CNN about office parties?

The number one tip to remember, emblazened on the CNN screen:  "IT IS NOT A PARTY."

vixmom

« Reply #373 on: December 12, 2007, 09:32:51 PM »

OHH!!!! Tomovoz an Australian menagarie arrived today!!  THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #374 on: December 12, 2007, 09:33:19 PM »

Adriana took this last one. Look at that cake would you? It was so good!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #375 on: December 12, 2007, 09:33:24 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - I hope you're safe and sound in South Carolina by now, and that you had an uneventful and non-delayed day of travel.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #376 on: December 12, 2007, 09:35:18 PM »

OH! And Edi, congratulations on becoming a Predisaurus!!!

A "Preditor", LOL!

But not to be confused with:

vixmom

« Reply #377 on: December 12, 2007, 09:36:03 PM »

Did anyone see today's Top Five Tips on CNN about office parties?

The number one tip to remember, emblazened on the CNN screen:  "IT IS NOT A PARTY."

I am amazed year after year how poeple drink themselves silly and say embarrassing things.....

I always stick to my old standby... Shirley Temples.....

they look like a drink so no one gives you a hard time for drinking soda and they are quite tasty!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #378 on: December 12, 2007, 09:36:17 PM »

Several of my pets over they years have been orphans or from the pound.

I had a miniature poodle/schnauzer cross that adopted me. It was an puppy a neighbor had but never 'loved' it and he would always come over and visit me. AFter a week of him visiting me, they offered him to me. Needless to say Buff got loved, spoiled, walked, blowdried, for 7 years before he had to be put down. He had cancer that spread through his body quite rapidly.

He had a strange fascination with Grapes and blowdryers. He liked to sit in front of them and he would whine if you did not blow dry him.

Except the the Siamese Cat I got as a gift, my other two are what you call backyard suprises. I suspect Ace was possible of Norwegian Wood background. He was a HUGE cat but a real lover.

Edisaurus

« Reply #379 on: December 12, 2007, 09:36:38 PM »

I guess my first job as a preditor was OK---the TLC client loved the spot and so it will be onlined tomorrow, but we never did get approval from any of the higher-ups. Hope *they* like it!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #380 on: December 12, 2007, 09:37:42 PM »

((((((((((((DAKOTACELT))))))))))))

I have been thinking about you all day today wondering how you were making out.....

Thank you Vixmom....

I have my moments and yesterday I had a major catharsis and had to really work to pull myself together again. I miss him terribly.

vixmom

« Reply #381 on: December 12, 2007, 09:38:06 PM »

A "Preditor", LOL!

But not to be confused with:

NEVER!!  A preditor simply catches the best moments!!!

vixmom

« Reply #382 on: December 12, 2007, 09:39:38 PM »

I guess my first job as a preditor was OK---the TLC client loved the spot and so it will be onlined tomorrow, but we never did get approval from any of the higher-ups. Hope *they* like it!

Now if you could just convince them to dump the crawlers.... especially
the ones with sound effects!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #383 on: December 12, 2007, 09:39:40 PM »

However Ace did have one problem, he attacked men wearing white socks....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #384 on: December 12, 2007, 09:40:42 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - I'm sorry my timing is off with this post, but better late than never..

As for your iPod - The initial charging of your iPod shuffle does take a bit longer than one would think.  If you are charging via your computer's USB slot, it can take a bit longer at times due to the way your computer's power resources are set up.  However, just a few hours of charging should be enough to get an initial listen.  *I bought an A/C adapter charger in order to get it charged up faster - as well as to free up a USB slot on my laptop.

As for not hearing anything, well.. The Set Up Assistant will pop up if you have iTunes installed on your computer.  iPods only work with iTunes.  So, if you don't have iTunes set up on your computer, then go to apple.com and download it.  Once you have iTunes set up, everything else will fall into place.  Right now, any files you may dragged and dropped to your iPod are probably just stored as data files, not music files.  You need iTunes to make the music work.

And as for the battery... For shuffles, it just easier to buy a new one.  However, I've had an iPod shuffle since the first year they came out - three years already?? - and the battery is still nice and strong.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2007, 09:41:54 PM »

Thank you Vixmom....

I have my moments and yesterday I had a major catharsis and had to really work to pull myself together again. I miss him terribly.

I was thinking that this will be a difficult Christmas for you, and Elmore and Ginny and Richard and Danise

Just so you know - I may not be around here as often as I would like but I think of you all,  all the time and you are in my prayers every day

even Ron

<snark>

Edisaurus

« Reply #386 on: December 12, 2007, 09:43:02 PM »

I forgot to mention the other day that we took the MARTA train home from the airport. So convenient because the station is only a mile from our house.

While I was waiting for the train to leave the station, a guy entered our car, sat down and starting trying to sell us knives that double as a cigarette lighter.

He said they were handy because when you went clubbing, if anyone accused you of packing a knife, you could show them that it was just a harmless cigarette lighter.

So, several things wrong with this:
Open flame on the train
Selling knives to people who will be following us off the train with all our computers and film gear.

I told the guy that we both carry knives anyway and we didn't smoke, so we didn't need to buy one.

In the middle of this, my mother called. When I told her that we were waiting for the train to leave to take us home, she said that she didn't like us ridng the train at night and walking home. I assured her it was perfectly safe.

I considered saying "Call I call you back? I'm trying to decide what knife to buy!" but I thought better of it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #387 on: December 12, 2007, 09:43:11 PM »

Thank you dear.... I think of you also... It will be but somehow I will make it through

vixmom

« Reply #388 on: December 12, 2007, 09:43:46 PM »

and now I must really go to bed

talk amongst yourselves

I will be back

eventually

vixmom