Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS (AND NO STIRRING)  (Read 21509 times)

td

• td
Re:MERRY CHRISTMAS (AND NO STIRRING)
« Reply #240 on: December 25, 2007, 08:25:18 PM »

Ohh! MBarnum!  What great pix!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #241 on: December 25, 2007, 08:29:48 PM »

Yes, I saw that trailer for MAMMA MIA as well. Liked the cast, and the show in the theater is a mindless hoot. Not sure how that's going to play out on screen, but HAIRSPRAY certainly did well last summer, and this is slated for summer 2008 so I guess they're going for a similar audience.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #242 on: December 25, 2007, 08:31:11 PM »

I'd think for Boxing Day you'd want to listen to Golden Boy.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Yes, you could have.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #243 on: December 25, 2007, 08:32:04 PM »

DR TCB your bandwith has been exceeded.  Must be a popular photo!

??? ??? ??? ???  
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: December 25, 2007, 08:32:11 PM »

We did indeed get around to watching SHOW BUSINESS: THE ROAD TO BROADWAY, and everyone loved it. Everyone had seen at least two of the four shows represented in the documentary, so all were eager to glean any infomration about those shows they could get from the movie. Nice discussions afterwards about what we watched.

Matt H.

« Reply #245 on: December 25, 2007, 08:33:17 PM »

TOmorrow I'll start back with THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT on Blu-ray with Part II. If I watch Part II in the afternoon and Part III tomorrow night, I can be finished with it tomorrow. We'll see how my day plays out.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #246 on: December 25, 2007, 08:37:38 PM »

This is the total of my Christmas decorations for the season.

Nice balls.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #247 on: December 25, 2007, 08:42:16 PM »

Hooray! No writing to accomplish for tonight, so I can head down to bed now and read before I get too tired.

Good night!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #248 on: December 25, 2007, 08:45:10 PM »

elmore, you say the sweetest things!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #249 on: December 25, 2007, 08:50:06 PM »

What the heck am I doing up at this hour?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #250 on: December 25, 2007, 08:56:39 PM »

I just want you all to know how wonderful it is to spend, at least, a few hours of this holiday with my terrific HHW family.  You are all very special.  Thank you, BK.

[size=8]
MERRY[/color] CHRISTMAS!
[/size][/b]
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #251 on: December 25, 2007, 09:02:50 PM »

Christmas with Magic Mommy and the family went pretty well.  Magic Mommy outdid herself in the kitchen (everything was edible, including the prime rib roast beef), and a good time was had by mostly all.

Unfortunately, we have the older grandlad to deal with these days.  He now firmly believes that only numero uno matters, which gives him the right to treat everyone else with total disdain.  This has been a growing problem for some time, but the rude treatment he gives not just his brother, but both of his parents was downright shocking today.  Sadly, we now live in an age where corporal punishment is not only frowned upon but pursued by the law, otherwise I doubt any of us would have refrained from popping him on the noggin or given him a good, solid spanking.

Or maybe locking him in a room with Elmore's producer "friend" would be an appropriate solution, right out of the pages of Sartre.

Fortunately, der B and I are home again now.  Four of the five prime rib bones made their way home with us, and are very popular with our four furry friends.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: December 25, 2007, 09:21:50 PM »

Lovely photos last night Jose!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2007, 09:30:39 PM »

One of my co-workers (Jeff, from the deli) burned a two-CD Christmas music collection, which he gave to a number of us.  It provided der Brucer and me with our travelling music, both to and fro.

In most cases, burned CDs like this are interesting mostly in the tracks selected.  Jeff managed to also get the tracks to flow well from one to the next - something our esteemed one knows is not easy to do.  Going, for example, from Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing "Little Drummer Boy" (including the dialogue that leads up to the song where Bowie refers to John Lennon as one of the older singers he enjoys), to Lennon's "So This is Christmas" was a good pairing.  So was Brenda Lee's "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" leading into Savage Garden's "Last Christmas (I Gave You My Heart)".  And the entire two discs played in this way.

One of the nicer gifts I've received in some time.

Der Brucer had the fun of guessing who it was performing the songs.  (He at first claimed that "Silent Night," sung by Stevie Nicks, had to be a chorus of Munchkins.  I had trouble disagreeing with him on that one.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #254 on: December 25, 2007, 09:31:33 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: December 25, 2007, 09:33:34 PM »

TOD:

New DVD player.....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #256 on: December 25, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »

Yesterday was spent with my mother's side of the family and then today my mother and I went to my younger sister's house where she had a do. It was a pleasant afternoon of food, games and chatter.

I even played a game I had never played before: Blokus. A fun game.

My sister had a very large spread of food and if you went away hungry from her house, it was your own fault. She is a great cook and I ate way too much!  One of the more interesting dishes was the SoCal veggie bake. Very tasty.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: December 25, 2007, 09:36:47 PM »

The last few days have been nice but have also been sad. ...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: December 25, 2007, 09:37:59 PM »

Belated Merry Christmas wishes to one and all at HHW!

You are all a great group of people!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #259 on: December 25, 2007, 09:39:15 PM »

What a lovely photo Cilla of you and Sam!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #260 on: December 25, 2007, 09:43:39 PM »

I cannot react on Sweeney Todd.... Grand Forks nor Fargo have it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: December 25, 2007, 09:44:18 PM »

Get well vibes for DR Julie!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #262 on: December 25, 2007, 09:45:51 PM »

I must say I am really looking forward to Boxing Day tomorrow.  Thankfully i will be nowhere near the electronics stores (that is a pure mob scene).

The one bad thing is that even though it is the biggest shopping day of the year in Canada, stores only open at 1pm. I hate this.

Although we did find out that two stores will be opening at 10am. So at least we can go there before the mall opens.

Btw, even though the stores only open at 1pm the mall will be packed by noon. I"m not sure why but i love this. I think it's hilarious that everyone just walks around ready for the stores to open.

Actually some stores do open between noon and 1pm (even though they are not supposed to). That is fun too (seeing which ones are open early).

And the stores in Fargo and Grand Forks are waiting for the Canadians to arrive tomorrow.  :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #263 on: December 25, 2007, 09:49:12 PM »

Lovely photos MBarnum!

My sister's dog, Diamond, had anew sweater also... complete with jingle bells.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #264 on: December 25, 2007, 09:50:42 PM »

A lovely day was had by all. We played a lively game of "Apples to Apples," and laughed and laughed. And then laughed some more.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

« Reply #265 on: December 25, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »

I thought you wanted photos of Mikey out of his gay apparel!

I'd pay to see that. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #266 on: December 25, 2007, 10:36:29 PM »

Well, I got my cat Ebonie a Christmas present.  It's a new collar!  Here's a picture and you can see her license, also:

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #267 on: December 25, 2007, 10:38:17 PM »

She is beautiful, George. How is her paw?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

« Reply #268 on: December 25, 2007, 10:41:07 PM »

And here's another picture...like the pillow? :D :

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #269 on: December 25, 2007, 10:42:27 PM »

Beautiful cat George....
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up