Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: PUT A LITTLE PEPPER ON IT  (Read 31043 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:PUT A LITTLE PEPPER ON IT
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2008, 02:54:22 PM »

DRJOSE - nice blog.

Thank you, DR JRand.

Hmm... I wonder if "nice blog" could become the new "nice pants".   ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2008, 02:57:54 PM »

PAGE SEVEN NICE PANTS DANCE!!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »

Ohh... those are some big pants!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2008, 02:58:39 PM »

Bronze too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2008, 02:59:02 PM »

Marble.. Granite... Bronze... Durable...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2008, 02:59:32 PM »

Back from a spot of lunch - I've done about three pages so far and now I'll try to do three more.

singdaw

« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »

Bronze too!

I'll bet you say that to all the boys!    8)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2008, 03:01:01 PM »

I think at the end of the day, There Will Be Blood will go down as one of the most overrated films of all time.  I think a lot of these inane critic who were drooling all over themselves with their comparisons to Citizen Kane are, in years to come, going to wish they could forget what they wrote.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2008, 03:02:31 PM »

A lot of bathrooms - here in NYC and elsewhere - are now set up with the "bare essentials" in order to discourage patrons from using the facilities for unseemly purposes.

Those blasted Congressmen from Idaho!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

singdaw

« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2008, 03:19:54 PM »

Well, DR td, DR JoseSPiano is much more qualified to do this than I; I just don't have time to read the book right now.  But at a quick skim:

It's your standard coffee table book, a la the Wicked Grimmerie, or some of the other shows that have a "book" out now.  Nice presentation encasing three different tomes:

Mary Poppins Design Folio, which contains creative team sketches of the costumes and set designs, along with selected quotes from the team.  Nice feast for the eyes, but pretty brief.

Mary Poppins On Broadway, which could be the special souvenir book sold at the theatre, except that it probably contains a lot more photographs.  All stage shots, with detailed captions.

"If you want to find Cherry Tree Lane...", which contains the meat, looks to have a good balance of narrative to photos.  It covers, briefly, the original books and the movie, then spending the bulk of concentration on the adaptation to the stage musical.  Shots of the creative team at work, the actors, etc., etc.

Is it worth the $50 list price? [I obtained it for substantially less.]  Well, that would be up the collector.  I'd say if you're really invested in the show, it would be worth it.

Ginny

« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2008, 03:27:54 PM »

Back from an interesting afternoon with my mom.  First we met Richard, Rob, and Mary Linda at Panera for lunch.  Then we went to the grocery where she bought 2 bottles of Scotch and some new eyebrow pencils.  At her house, I was unable to create her Yahoo! email account because her internet connection kept quitting.  After 34 minutes, 20 seconds on the phone with Earthlink she can now receive email on that account and surf the 'net.  However, she still cannot send email and I suspect it has something to do with the new phone system they've installed at the retirement community.

We'll try again next weekend.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2008, 03:37:34 PM »

Well, I'm off to the theatre... And if you see reports on the news tonight about a theatre patron who can't stop crying, well.... ;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2008, 03:45:02 PM »

This morning I woke up and, to my joy, found it had not snowed.  Before the cold front moved in we went for a walk & stocked up on groceries.

It began snowing shortly after we returned home & has been during so for the last two hours.  I'm about to cancel dog training class tomorrow.

Jane

« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2008, 03:48:14 PM »

I just let Sherlock in from his deck & he scattered snow all over the house.

Yes, he is supposed to wait for me to towel him off.  He was just unusually playful.;D  I'm sure he will ask to go out again soon. :)

Jane

« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2008, 04:15:07 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR MUSIC GUY!

I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A FUN FILLED DAY!
[/size]

Jane

« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2008, 04:17:51 PM »

Yes, she did, DR Matt H, and it's quite the story here in SW Ohio because she's a student at the University of Cincinnati:

UC Student Wins Miss America

She is very cute, and her hometown is not too far from where we lived in Michigan.

Jane

« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2008, 04:22:40 PM »

TCB and ELMORE are two of our DRs who don't need any more problems right now!

PROBLEMS BEGONE VIBES to you both!

DITTO, DITTO!!!

DR elmore, I feel so sad you no longer have a piano.

DR TCB, I fee so sad you must once again see a doctor.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 04:26:33 PM by Jane »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »

I've Been Working on the Railroad?

Does anyone

Still wear

A hat?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2008, 04:33:20 PM »

Well, time for me to get ready for church.  Today, I'm to dress all in black...
Spandex?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2008, 04:34:32 PM »

Jose - I had misunderstood your post.  I thought your friend who works with Roundabout was getting you a comp or walking you in.  Oh, well - you know you're always among the first two or three people I think of when there's an extra ticket; this one especially would have been so much fun to have seen with you.

I did run into DR Julie at SUNDAY AT THE ROUNDABOUT WITH GEORGE.  I enjoyed the show quite a lot, with the second act much more "exciting" in a visceral sense than the dellberately-paced (intentionally so) first act.  A thrilling scenic design that defies all logic as to the effectiveness of projections - there are people who say why pay theater prices for film-like sets and they will dislike the design on principle, but I thought it was amazingly good.

Jane

« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2008, 04:39:05 PM »

Thank you Dakota.  It’s nice you can spend time with your mother.

Singdaw-thanks.  I’m deciding if we should try to duplicate the photo, only with me sitting in the chair.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2008, 04:40:12 PM »

I hate dislike you Woody!
  ;)
[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
:-*
[/move]

Jane

« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2008, 04:40:48 PM »

Jose, I like the before and after photo of your cookies, & you use Ghirardelli chocolate.  The maple syrup is intriguing.  

Last night we went to friends for dinner.  The pecan tart for dessert was exceptional.  I’m not a fan of pecan pie & really liked this, maybe it was the chocolate drizzle topping & heavy graham cracker crust.  I need to call today & ask for the recipe.

Jane

« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2008, 04:41:58 PM »

SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES TO DR EDI & DH GREG!

Ginny, your mother is a hoot.

Jose, I don’t suppose you will be using the facilities at the Paramount in the near future;D  Congrats on the quick sale of your cookware.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »

Although, Florida might be a euphemism.  ;)
Having met former Congressman Mark Foley, I can assure you, Florida is a euphemism.

"Met", in this case, is exactly that, and no further.  His loss.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2008, 04:52:54 PM »

Very much looking forward to hearing DRs FJL and JoseSPiano's reactions to the new production of Sunday...   :)
Me too!  Me too!

Personally, I think Daniel Evans is quite the little cutie.  He played a scientist in the Doctor Who Christmas special, The Christmas Invasion (and unfortunately got killed off, but he was very good up until then).

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2008, 04:54:56 PM »

I'd like to see the play The Rude Cashier Gets Locked in the Stocks and Pelted with Rotten Tomatoes

I know just whom I would like to see cast in the leading role
We avoid this problem at our store by doing the bagging for the customers ourselves.  I've been told that I'm a very good bagger.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2008, 05:00:27 PM »

PAGE SEVEN NICE PANTS DANCE!!!!!

It's easier to put them on if you wash them occasionally.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2008, 05:04:16 PM »

(((((TCB)))))))

SEE! I told you I can't like those sipers!!

I hope this is not the same arm with the poorly shoulder

It is.   :'(
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2008, 05:05:38 PM »

DR FJL - Is this the same as the recent London production of "Sunday" which used projection a lot?  I don't mind the "projected" scenery if it adds to the show and  is effective. I thought the use of a projected Helicopter in Miss Saigon was more effective than the original "real" one. the projected scenery in the "Woman in White" just made me dizzy - and not in a pleasant way. It was too distracting - but not enough so to make me forget the score!

BTW - long ago DR Allan has seen the new Doyle version of "Merrily" - once again the songs are ruined by the actors breaking from lyrics and playing a few notes on their flutes or whatever.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up