Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RAGING HEADACHE  (Read 67041 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE RAGING HEADACHE
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2008, 02:02:51 PM »

Sympathies to DR JMK. I once had a similar parking incident. In my case, the woman whose car it was wasn't the least bit interested in that fact that she had inconvenienced others. I like the loud speaker approach. I'll have to remember that.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2008, 02:07:12 PM »

GOD, was that production ugly.  Set, costumes....ugly, Ugly, UGLY!    :P

I believe this is the first negative remark I've heard from DR SINGDAW.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2008, 02:11:25 PM »

BUG-FREE VIBES to DR BEN. Let's hope that your computer problems are in the past!

FJL

« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2008, 02:21:42 PM »

Computer vibage to Ben!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2008, 02:23:50 PM »

Back from a nice lunch meeting.  I had two cheeseburgers and animal fries and am quite satisfied.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2008, 02:24:46 PM »

I wrote almost three pages before I left, so for the next couple of hours I'll do LP transfers, then do one more page, then more LP transfers.  This Claus Ogerman Zorba is beautiful, filled with his glorious orchestrations.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2008, 02:25:00 PM »

Will we never get to page ten?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2008, 02:25:26 PM »

I thought of errant and truant MBarnum as I drove by the Bollywood Cafe.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2008, 02:26:21 PM »

Currently transferring two guitar-based albums - Joe Pass playing twelve-string guitar doing movie themes of the 60s, and then Johnny Smith, a guitarist I don't know at all, doing nice songs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2008, 02:26:39 PM »

I will single-handedly take us to page ten.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2008, 02:29:02 PM »

He also produced The Private Lives of Adam (Marty Milner)

12?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2008, 02:39:58 PM »

I have some writing to do, and then I'll head down and probably start BEAUTY AND THE BEAST to get a couple of those episodes out of way before LAW & ORDER comes on at 10.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2008, 02:43:25 PM »

I have that TV soundtrack (the cover of mine looks a little different, I believe). I MUCH prefer it to the Jack Carson Broadway recording of the early 1950s even though the TV version changed the show and altered the songs to fit the performers on that special.

Thanks for the info.  I don't have the Jack Carson version, just the concert version with Larry Kert and Maureen McGovern.  By the way, is this the album that you have?:

Again, here's what I just got:

I wonder why there are two versions??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2008, 03:00:28 PM »

I didn't know you could still get XP. I need a new computer and have also been avoiding Vista. One friend of mine was saying that he thinks that the pre-installed Vista would be OK, but it sounds like that's not the case. My friend used to be an operating system architect and was telling me about how Microsoft approaches operating system design. That rather cinched it. I'm planning to buy a Mac. But I'd take XP, which I'm currently running, over Vista any day!

Yes, Dell is the only company still selling pre-installed XP and in June IIRC they will stop selling it. That's why I wanted to get the new computer now. If you don't depend on certain old programs and are willing to buy some new peripherals (printer, scanner, etc) Vista can be good from what I hear but if you already have time and money invested in other programs and equipment and all you need is a new computer then XP is the way to go, IMHO.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2008, 03:08:36 PM »

Well, here's another ask BK or DR question:  I just got a screener of the Branagh film Peter's Friends, an MGM release.  It has the standard MGM packaging.  But when the DVD starts, it has the 20th Century Fox Home Video logo.  I don't think I've ever seen a shared Fox/MGM release before, but maybe I'm just not remembering right now (not unusual, considering my head exploded earlier today).  When did Fox acquire MGM titles, or vice versa?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #255 on: January 30, 2008, 03:08:56 PM »

STRESS!!!!!  Some stupid frigging delivery truck drove by our house a few minutes ago and was too tall for the street and ripped one of our phone lines right out of the house.  I wasn't sure if it was phone or electric, so I called 911 and the Fire Department came and confirmed it was phone and got the line out from the street and coiled it in my driveway.  But now the phone company (and the electric company, since the phone line was looped on the electric line) need to come.  And of course the truck just kept on a goin' even though I sure he knew what he had done (it made a hellacious noise), so I bet I get stuck with the repair bills.

OK, it's official, I am indeed having the day from hell.  I had just dropped the kids off at school (did I mention it's a "snow day"--meaning approximately 3 snowflakes fell, sending the entire city into a panic--so they started 2 hours late), then dropped by Border's to return a mispackaged Miss Marple set (two of one movie, which I hadn't noticed).  Asked two salespeople where the companion book for PBS's "Jewish Americans" was, both of them said they had never heard of it.  The second looked it up on the computer and said it wasn't in stock.  I decided to look it up, and it was indeed in stock.  The saleslady then told me she was too busy and referred me to the manager who, instead of just walking to the screen I already had up with the item on it, went through a several minute rigamarole giving me the third degree on book title, author, release date, blah, blah, blah.  He then curtly took me over to the Jewish History section, where they had AN ENTIRE FRIGGING SHELFFUL OF THE DAMNED BOOK.  Oy!

Then I stopped at Fred Meyer to pick up a mileage book for one of our cars, was in the store all of 30 seconds and returned to find someone had parked their car literally 1/2 inch away from my driver's side.  Absolutely no way for me to even fit in there sideways, let alone open the door.  So I get to trundle back in the store and have them announce over the PA that the owner of the car needs to move it.  Go back out and wait and about 10 minutes later this daffy little old lady comes out, completely oblivious.  I point to how close she is to my car and her retort is, "Well the car next to me was too far over."  FIND ANOTHER PARKING SPACE, THEN!!!!!

My head is going to explode.

~~~Super Vibes of Comfort and Coping!!~~~

:D

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 03:09:38 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #256 on: January 30, 2008, 03:11:01 PM »

Oh -- a small detail.

No one is able to memorize any lines.

One word:  Props!!  Lots of hand-held props where scripts can be hidden on/in/behind and carried on stage. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: January 30, 2008, 03:15:06 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2008, 03:16:35 PM »

Been doing an LP transfer of this Joe Pass album - side one went fine - side two by the time it got to the last two tracks dust had accumulated on the needle, so I had to it over - then two tracks before the end, a piece of dirt had lodged itself into the track (from where?), and I had to do that over.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #259 on: January 30, 2008, 03:30:31 PM »

OK, now, while you're pumping those weights, Charlie, you've got to remember to chant - "I must, I must, I must increase my bust!"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2008, 03:37:09 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... So... Who's having a Superbowl Party this weekend?
I've already checked with the front end manager at the store.

I'll be working during the game.

Since I don't care about football, and only have "passing" interest in football players, this works out fine for me.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #261 on: January 30, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »

Bollywood Cafe!

Ok, I'm back  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #262 on: January 30, 2008, 03:42:32 PM »

Now I have 7 day's worth of posts to catch up on.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #263 on: January 30, 2008, 03:45:22 PM »

Quote from: DearReaderLaura on Today at 11:05:02am
We have a pancake supper on Shrove Tuesday. I expect I'll get a phone call about that, too.

Setup, cooking, serving, cleanup?  Is that really so much to ask?    
And wearing that cute little French maid outfit would sure be a bonus!   :D

FJL

« Reply #264 on: January 30, 2008, 03:48:58 PM »

Welcome back, MBarnum

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #265 on: January 30, 2008, 03:54:35 PM »

DR JANE--Papa Bach was on Santa Monica Blvd, roughly across the street from the NuArt Theatre, just west of the SD Fwy.

Thanks.  I really don't remember shopping much in that area.

Jane

« Reply #266 on: January 30, 2008, 03:58:48 PM »

Keith says Vista is okay, on his computer.  I have a few issues because my laptop doesn't have enough RAM.

I'm only repeating, I have no idea what that means.

Tomovoz

« Reply #267 on: January 30, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »

Hello Michael.

Jose ate
SingDaw posted pics
Laura went to meetings
Sherlock froliced
Matt watched DVDs and cleaned house
Larry bitched
JMK parked his car
Assorted books have been read
Ben has a new PC
Debbie still can't type
Jack is Footloose
FJL was -- oh well you'll know that :)
You don't need to bother with much else.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 04:01:33 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #268 on: January 30, 2008, 04:00:11 PM »

"Sherlock is my hero, but I'm working my way up to a stick!"

Jane

« Reply #269 on: January 30, 2008, 04:03:44 PM »

Bollywood Cafe!

Ok, I'm back  ;D

:D

Did you have fun?  It didn't sound like you were.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up