Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: VEGETABLES  (Read 59416 times)

Miss Karen

Re:VEGETABLES
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2008, 10:29:07 AM »

HAPPY HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday to DR Edi !!

AND MANY MORE!!

May you get lots of cake ... and lots of crappy kisses from DH O'Crap (is he Irish?)

td

• td
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2008, 10:31:29 AM »

Just in time for dinner!

;D

Of many manly meat pies, not doubt.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

FJL

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2008, 10:31:44 AM »

Off to lunch, then (assuming I'm feeling up to it) to the tax office.

Miss Karen

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2008, 10:32:05 AM »

I missed some very important birthdaysm especially Ben and Kerry's.

A very happy birthday to our gracious NY host, DR Ben!

And a very happy birthday to Kerry!

And The Donald, as well!

DITTO!

Miss Karen

« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2008, 10:34:01 AM »

Howdy, DR Miss Karen!

And a big ol' Howdy back at 'cha, my favorite Enabler!  :-*

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2008, 10:37:09 AM »

Well, I think I'm gonna get out of the apartment for a few hours, and probably head to the Park today since it's nice and sunny.  A good day for a stroll.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2008, 10:37:24 AM »

Missie Karen!

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2008, 10:38:19 AM »

From DRLaura:
Around here, I just put the food down. You'd better not be picky if you are a feline, or you won't get anything.

;D  That only works if you don't have one cats thats eats in two seconds flat & then proceeds to the remaining three bowls of food, and one cat that takes 20 minutes to eat.  Oh, mustn't forget the dog salivating near by.

My solution was different rooms for everyone.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2008, 10:40:28 AM »

A long, long time ago in a galaxy (or was it a parallel universe?) far, far away I was a gratuitous poster on the HHW site -- I have returned -- the prodigal gratuitous poster

:D :D

Jane

« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2008, 10:46:57 AM »

Cilla, I’m curious to see your new avatar, with your current hair style.

I found your political post interesting.  I respect you aren’t pushing your views on anyone, simply sharing them.  And I appreciate you have listened to all of the candidates, in all parties, carefully before forming your conclusions.

I’m personally frustrated to once again find there isn’t a candidate I’m excited about.  Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton AGAIN-scares the heck out of me.  I really don’t know what I shall do.  

Miss Karen

« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2008, 10:58:06 AM »

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ POLITICS. IGNORE THIS POST.

Since I've been watching for about a year and a half, I feel like I should throw in my 2 cents. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying it's how I see it right now.  I'll start by saying that now that my favorites are out of the race, I am in Hillary's camp.  I started as an "anyone but Hillary" person, but I have completely changed my mind.

I have watched all but one or two of the dem debates.  I can tell you that everyone's positions have changed quite a bit since the beginning, but that's not a bad thing. At least it means they are listening and learning. I'd rather that than someone who chooses an unwise policy and refuses to change course no matter what.

I have also done a lot of research on Obama's record.  Like all politicians he distorts it.   What bugs me about that is he's running as Mr. I'm against the war when he has repeatedly voted to fund it, the last time was December 18(or 19), 2007. Also he said a couple years after the 2002 speech that if he was in the Senate at the time he's not sure how he would have voted but now he tries to slam Hillary about it.  In one of the debates he attacked Edwards because he wasn't going to leave troops in Iraq in case the terrorists set up camp.   Edwards said he'd leave some in Kuwait, but not Iraq.   So Mr. I'm against the war, doesn't even plan to bring all the troops home.  

He didn't even show up for the vote on the Iranian Army being declared a terrorist organization, but then campaigned saying he didn't vote for that.  He missed something like 167 roll call votes last year and a number of them were important votes. I  realize he was campaiging, but he's running on that experience, and he wasn't there.  He also voted "Present" 130 times in the Illinois legislature.  I have a very close friend who was a state rep and then a state senator.  He said it's a total cop out to vote present and isn't a common thing at all, like Obama says it is.

And I will confess that looking at these two candidates my inner feminist has surfaced. It's time for a woman president.  I didn't get good vibes from Obama when I met him, it didn't get any better the second time I saw him and well....it's like he has this sense of entitlement to the office and we were just peons or something. I didn't get that from any other candidate.  

I don't think Hillary is perfect, I think there will be problems with the Bill Clinton backlash and I don't think it will be easy.   But watching her reaction after her loss in Iowa has convinced me that she can and will be a really good leader.  

So there you go.  If you don't share that opinion that's fine and I completely understand.  Just figured I'd throw out my thoughts.

And just to be fair and balanced.  I think the only Republican who has a chance to win is McCain, but his position on the war and some of the comments he's made lately make me wonder about that.    

I think the biggest things that turned me off to Obama was the huge number of push polls I got from his campaign. Calls where they trash the other candidates, many times with false information, then refused to tell you who they are calling for. It wasn't hard to figure out, they never said one bad thing about Obama. Then Obama would go on TV and act like he wasn't being negative.  Puhleese.

I appreciate the post, DR Cilla. You can't get too much info during an important election year as one tries to decide. I'm an independent so I am excluded from the primaries here in AZ (I just love how democratic our election process is, she says with much sarcasm -- let's see, winner takes all the delegates, and what is this caucus crap? --  :P to the two-party system and to the delegate voting system -- it should be by popular vote).

I made a vow that I would not vote for any Republican -- Bush and Cheney scared me so, along with the Evangelicals, hence it will be a long, long time before I get past the trauma that party has caused me (and our country) . Shame on the Demos, too, but the lesser of two evils I suppose...

I've been on the fence for a long time (and certainly haven't reached the point where I am sure enough to put a sign in the yard or post a bumper sticker) but if I had to vote tomorrow -- and was allowed to vote in the primary -- it would be for Hillary (so your info, DR Cilla, makes me feel a little better about that decision). I'm leaning toward seeing what a woman can do, even if she's a Clinton...

Jane

« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2008, 10:59:33 AM »

Ginny, how is your aunt today?

Miss Karen

« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2008, 10:59:48 AM »

Missie Karen!

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* plus  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* to you, my darling td!

Jane

« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2008, 11:03:47 AM »

I am excluded from the primaries here in AZ

So unfair.  By the time they get to Oregon, the decision is usually made & there aren't any choices.  This election may be the exception.  If only I didn't dislike Hillary so very much.  I don't trust her at all.  

Miss Karen

« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2008, 11:04:04 AM »

Poor ELmo! I'm sorry to hear you're still having bug problems. Brings new meaning, and sincerity, to the night time sign off "Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite" -- hope you are soon able to sleep tight and not worry about those little critters any more!!

Jane

« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2008, 11:04:06 AM »

Time to walk Sherlock.

Miss Karen

« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2008, 11:06:56 AM »

So unfair.  By the time they get to Oregon, the decision is usually made & there aren't any choices.  This election may be the exception.  If only I didn't dislike Hillary so very much.  I don't trust her at all.  

I don't trust ANY of them!  Therein lies the rub ....

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2008, 11:07:06 AM »

Re the Ritz, I have a used videocassette I watch from time to  time and have always enjoyed it. Agree with BK about the photography, and at the beginning, when one of the daughters says "I want to go back Cleveland", she sounds more like An English lass than a girl from OHIO. ....Since I can't get to NYC for Encore's JUNO, I've spent the last two days listening to the CD in the car(Thank you BK): I had forgotten how much I liked the score, and also how much dance music they managed to fit on the original LP. Oddly enough, I also saw the movie JUNO,;Very funny, and blessedly un-nihilistic compared to some of the other Oscar nominees.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2008, 11:09:07 AM »

Just finished reading "Find Me" by Carol O'Connell. Has anybody here read anything in her Mallory series?

No, but I really enjoyed her on ALL IN THE FAMILY.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Miss Karen

« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2008, 11:16:25 AM »

Oh, a good news, bad news result from that credit card dispute I had over the NYC sublet.

My company has once again agreed that I should not have to repay the security deposit back to the broker since neither the owner nor NYCityLiving got it back to me. But they sided with the "others" that I had to pay the broker fee -- and the credit card fee I was charged to put it all on my card back in July.  (Boo!! I still think it was a scam cause the broker really tried to talk me out of putting it on the credit card -- finally saying that I could but I had to pay the credit card fee -- so guess what would have happened if I had just wired that deposit, hmmm? What happens to the next renter who doesn't put it on a credit card?  ...)

Beware of using NYCityLiving as a brokering place ....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »

Last night, singingnymph said that she would soon be rehearsing Holst's arrangement of Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence.

I'm thinking that is a piece I should learn.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Miss Karen

« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2008, 11:18:57 AM »

Gotta scram -- and I'll try not to be such a stranger!

singdaw

« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »

Fried Corn Meal Mush!  -One of my happier memories of my time working in Amish Country.

As opposed to all the raping and pillaging, you mean?    ;)

singdaw

« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2008, 11:34:50 AM »

That's the song I was named after!

And quite appropirately so, since "Amy" means "beloved"!  And you are much beloved here, my dear.    :-*

The Italian Birthday Dinner theme sounds like fun.  Have a stellar day!

Oh - and the Shakespeare Tavern sounds marvellous!!

singdaw

« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2008, 11:35:44 AM »

Oh, I was so verbose

I love it when you're verbose, DR Edisaurus!!!    :-*

singdaw

« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2008, 11:37:09 AM »

DR Edisaurus - thanks for your touching post about the baby shower.  It saddens me that there are states in the lovely US of A where two men are told, by law, that they cannot parent a child together.

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2008, 11:39:34 AM »

DR Cillaliz - There were two rallies going on down at Union Square when I got down there yesterday.  One for Clinton, one for Obama.  It was quite interesting walking around the Green Market hearing snippets of conversations where people were talking, comparing politics.  My group of three included.  Alas(?), the phrase I seemed to hear most often was, "I've gotten off the Obama train."  Of course, the most heated conversations seemed to revolve around the Republican candidates, McCain in particular.

At least people are talking.

I think it's great people are talking AND VOTING! The turnout has been huge everywhere and I think that's wonderful.  

singdaw

« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2008, 11:41:08 AM »

DR Cillaliz - thank you for your considered comments on the Presidential race.

DR JRand57 - still chuckling over the Olan Mills photos link!  Thank you!   :D   By the way, your great-grandfather was one handsome fellow!

Good to see you out and about at HHW, DR Miss Karen!   :-*

DearReaderLaura DR, how did the greeting go this morning?  Did you show them how it's done?

***RECOVERY VIBES*** to DR Ginny's Aunt.

***EXTRA SPECIAL VIBES OF COMFORT & CARE*** to DRs Cillaliz, TCB, and elmore3003.

Whew!  And that's quite enough activity for HHW for a lazy Sunday morning.   :P

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2008, 11:41:43 AM »

Cilla, I’m curious to see your new avatar, with your current hair style.

I found your political post interesting.  I respect you aren’t pushing your views on anyone, simply sharing them.  And I appreciate you have listened to all of the candidates, in all parties, carefully before forming your conclusions.

I’m personally frustrated to once again find there isn’t a candidate I’m excited about.  Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton AGAIN-scares the heck out of me.  I really don’t know what I shall do.  

Yes, that's scary to me too. Alas, there aren't any perfect candidates out there.

singdaw

« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2008, 11:46:05 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up