Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: NUMBER EIGHT  (Read 72364 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:NUMBER EIGHT
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2008, 09:04:53 PM »

The Reprise production of Li'l Abner got a rave from Variety, from a critic I've never heard of.  It flies in the face of what I've heard from two different people who were hoping they'd love it.  But, if it's great, that's great - the show deserves the best.  We'll see what the other critics have to say, although, as I've said MANY times, LA critics are the oddest bunch in the nation.

Kerry

« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2008, 09:10:08 PM »

I think he just called me a NAG.
No a dear and caring friend who is smart enough to watch over me when I don't!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2008, 09:12:29 PM »

Page 8 - 18 year old Ginger Rogers Dance.  :P

One of my favorite  songs and dances (and arrangemnts0 of theirs!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #303 on: February 07, 2008, 09:14:31 PM »

DR Laura, I happy you are close by to "NAG" our DR Kerry.
SO AM I!!!!!!
I like boat races.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2008, 09:20:42 PM »

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Kerry

« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2008, 09:21:23 PM »

"Bluesy Bounce" has such a natural joy and ease to it  that i coud watch it over and over.  My two favorites of theirs are are still , "Pick Yourself Up" and "Never Gonna Dance" from "Swing Time."   Perfection!!!!
I like boat races.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2008, 09:21:32 PM »

Me too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #307 on: February 07, 2008, 09:28:35 PM »

Will we never get to page twelve?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #308 on: February 07, 2008, 09:28:53 PM »

It did seem weird to not write today.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #309 on: February 07, 2008, 09:29:23 PM »

I'm going to eat some Saltines and have some 7-Up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #310 on: February 07, 2008, 09:29:43 PM »

Blechhhh.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »

No more Stouffer's Lean Cuisine pizza EVER.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #312 on: February 07, 2008, 09:30:49 PM »

I wonder if I'll be able to sleep right at midnight, given my three-hour nap today.

Kerry

« Reply #313 on: February 07, 2008, 09:31:37 PM »

Good vibes and health to us all!!!
I like boat races.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #314 on: February 07, 2008, 09:32:35 PM »

I hope you feel better in the morning, BK.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #315 on: February 07, 2008, 09:37:23 PM »

Quote from: bk
The word on Applause on the chat board was that it was one of the worst Encores! shows ever, if not the worst.  And not because of Miss Ebersole, but because (mostly) of Miss Kathleen Marshall.  This woman was barely a choreographer, let alone a director.

Certainly the worst Encores! in the ten years I've been attending.  But it's not the direction that makes it such a dull evening; it's the writing.  Poor songs, save the title number.  Poor script, which removes all the fun from All About Eve and has a series of characters make declarative statements about the theatre.  No one to care about; no drama
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:38:39 PM by Noel »
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

td

• td
« Reply #316 on: February 07, 2008, 09:50:41 PM »

I, too, thought that LOST tonight looked for all the world to be a three-D presentation in HiDef, perhaps it was the choice of locales - the rocky beach where Miles parachuted - that leaned towards a very life-like presentation.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #317 on: February 07, 2008, 09:53:35 PM »

Vibes to BK, Dear Jane's DMIL and anyone else who needs them

Cillaliz

« Reply #318 on: February 07, 2008, 09:55:41 PM »

I have just planned another trip! I had already planned a trip to New York the beginning of May. I've been pretty quiet about it because it's an NACDL meeting and I haven't seen my NACDL friends for 2 years, so I'm looking forward to seeing them.  It's at the Marriott Downtown...I'm sure I'll have some time to get together if anyone wants to, but we can talk about that when the time gets closer.

Cillaliz

« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »

The new trip will be mid March in Green Valley, AZ.  I made an off hand remark to my mother that I wanted to fly out and see them. At first she sounded sort of down on it, but today she asked if I had been checking air fares yet. So, I found a decent flight on Frontier out of Sioux City and I'm going to go. It will be fun to see the places they have been talking about for years.  I'll only be there 3 nights, but it will be a nice break.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #320 on: February 07, 2008, 10:19:23 PM »

I'm caught up.  Don't have much to say about the TOD that hasn't already been said - but I must add that I enjoyed Julie Andrews in both "Princess Diaries" movies.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2008, 10:40:49 PM »

We're STILL on page twelve?  I rise myself from my bed and we're STILL on page twelve?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #322 on: February 07, 2008, 10:41:53 PM »

I had an emergency delivery of Saltines, thanks to Miss Patti and her mother - also providing the 7-Up.  I ate five Saltines and it was all I could do to not throw them up all over the computer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #323 on: February 07, 2008, 10:42:51 PM »

Not quite sure how I feel about the 7-Up, but it's probably good for Ye Olde Tummy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #324 on: February 07, 2008, 10:45:40 PM »

Good evening one and all!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #325 on: February 07, 2008, 10:49:52 PM »

Vibes.to elmore~~~~~~~

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #326 on: February 07, 2008, 10:50:37 PM »

Feel better vibes to bk....

BTW, I am not a fan of lean cuisine...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #327 on: February 07, 2008, 10:52:24 PM »

The next line, of course, is
"Do you know how OLD you are??"

and here i thought he was 39 or younger like the rest of us.... :)

He is the picture of youthful exuberance

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #328 on: February 07, 2008, 10:54:08 PM »

TOD:

James Garner

Americanization of Emily
Support your local Sheriff
Murphy's romance
Rockford Files

Julie Andrews
Americanization of Emily
Sound of Music
Mary Poppins

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #329 on: February 07, 2008, 10:56:20 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Memphis, TN!

Getting out of LaGuardia was OK. However, the security line was a total joke.  There were two lines - one had two TSA agents checking IDs, and one only had one TSA agent checking IDs.  -Guess which line I was in?  :-\  And due to some unfortunate luck of the draw, a whole slew of foreign travelers were in the line of front of me... And the TSA agent really wasn't sure just how much of their paperwork he had to check. There was a five minute(!) span where it appeared he was re-writing out this one gentleman's passport, after which he took him over to the "Special Handling" line.  And then there was the Iranian family who spoke next to no English, and they continued to confuse the agent for another five minutes before he walked them over to the "Special Handling" line.  Then came the group French students who were checked in as a group...  Meanwhile, the other line was moving quite steadily.  Some of us even pleaded with the "extra" agent to check our IDs so we could get through.  One lady was already cutting it close in regards to her flight time due to an error with her ticketing before she got in the line.  The gentlemen behind me even flagged down a few other agents to point out what was going on, only to be answered with, "Well, he'll be done with them soon.  It's not my job."  WHAT?!?!?!?  Eventually, another TSA agent came by.. And while the "old" agent was still trying to figure out how to mark the papers of the five French students, about twenty of us were cleared by the new agent - including the British couple in front of me.  I thanked her profusely for her efficiency.  -And she seemed sort of caught off guard that I had thanked for anything.

By the time I reached the gate, they had just announced the "All Aboard" call, so I boarded.  The flight, as always, was a bit longer than I think it "should" be - just under three hours - I keep thinking it should only take two.  However, the middle seat next to me was empty, and I used the flight to catch up on my magazine reading, as well as some listening via my iPod.

...And when I got to the hotel, the UPTA folks had a nice snack table set up with chips, pretzels, nuts, fruit, sodas and champagne(!).  :)

I only hope flying out of Fargo and then Flying out of Lost Wages is better
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up