Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK TO NORMAL  (Read 73568 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BACK TO NORMAL
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2008, 12:09:09 PM »

BK:

I was just reading an article about composer Elmer Bernstein. Where do you think he stands in the cannon of Hollywood composers?

For me, he's in the top ten.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2008, 12:10:36 PM »

TOD

BORN FREE
GUS
AIR BUD
OLD YELLER
HOMEWARD BOUND
MISTY OF CHINCOTEAGUE
THUNDER (it was a children's show on back in the 70s, i believe)
FLIPPER (I have only heard about this show)
BENJI
RIKKI TIKKI TAVI (I very vaguely remember this on tv as part of a series of stories on Wonderful World of Disney but read the story many years later.
SHILOH

NOT SO GOOD ANIMALS:

DAY OF THE ANIMALS
GRIZZLY
DAY OF THE LEPUS
CUJO
ORCA
JAWS
THE BIRDS

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2008, 12:10:44 PM »

I was just about to say how could we still be on page four when all of a sudden - page five.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2008, 12:11:23 PM »

In just ninety-seven postings I shall hit a rather large plateau.  Just what the plateau did to me that I should hit it is anyone's guess.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2008, 12:11:53 PM »

Back from various and sundried errands.  Have some new DVDs, too, like Portrait In Black, and Tammy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2008, 12:13:23 PM »

DR MBarnum, the Abner and Daisy Mae are from my favorite piece of idiotic literature, NBC's dreadful soap opera PASSIONS.

Directv is dropping the show. IMHO, they really do need to remove all writing implements from the head writer.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2008, 12:15:40 PM »

Continued vibes to both TCB and Elmore~~~~~~

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2008, 12:31:08 PM »

TOD:

Another fave is WHALE RIDER. It was one of those times when I was just in the mood to see a movie, but nothing looked interesting. I took a chance on WHALE RIDER and loved it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2008, 12:32:07 PM »

(((DR KERRY)))

May something come your way...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2008, 12:32:39 PM »

Tom, beautiful pictures yesterday. Millie is precious...

Kerry

« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2008, 12:32:44 PM »

TOD:
  I like happy animal films (although I cry anyway)
  Top of the list woud be:

Black Stallion
Dumbo
Lady and the Tramp
and the parts of BAMBI I can make it through
I like boat races.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2008, 12:33:34 PM »

Continued vibes to both TCB and Elmore~~~~~~

Thank you, Dakota, and thank you to everyone else here who gave me such wonderful vibeses vibrations.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2008, 12:38:37 PM »

Kerry, BLACK STALLION is one that I forgot...

Hidalgo and Black Beauty are two others

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2008, 12:48:49 PM »

I'll be having a very early five o'clock dinner - going to Nate 'n' Al's.

singdaw

« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2008, 01:10:41 PM »

Why the unhappy face?  Do you know you are missing something special?

No, not really...just drooling over the menu.  I'm sure DR JoseSPiano could point out 10 nearby independent restaurants that are infinitely better!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2008, 01:11:21 PM »

Spending the afternoon dubbing, dubbing, dubbing.

Some DRs should be getting packages pretty soon!  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2008, 01:17:18 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2008, 01:17:31 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »

I am my own frenzy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2008, 01:17:58 PM »

What am I, doing a monologue?  I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2008, 01:18:10 PM »

Will we never get to page six?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2008, 01:22:20 PM »

I have been doing some also... I am dubbing some ATWT stuff  from the 1980s  for someone.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2008, 01:22:50 PM »

I was reading...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »

Singdaw and Jane, as per your comment about Pitapit. I have not eaten at one  for they are a bit out of the way for me and tend not to be on my route of errands.

We also have Extreme Pita.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: February 09, 2008, 01:28:50 PM »

It is very cold here today with stiff winds from the north.

It is -6 here with a -32 windchill....

IT is a good day to stay indoors...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: February 09, 2008, 01:32:23 PM »

Fan protest strikes again...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8UN0EA81

Fans buy nearly 6,000 bags of seeds in network protest
By DAVE KOLPACK Associated Press Writer
The Associated Press - Saturday, February 09, 2008
WAHPETON, N.D.

A North Dakota sunflower seed company says it has shipped nearly 6,000 bags of its salty snacks to USA Network offices in New York to try to save a science fiction TV show. And the actor whose seed-spitting character inspired the campaign is loving every minute of it.

Fans of "The 4400" asked Giants Seeds of Wahpeton to help with the drive after the cable network dumped the show in December. Many of the sales are international orders, something the company does not normally accept.

"I'm sure by Monday afternoon, the mailroom at USA Network will be getting somewhat full," said Tom Schuler, who handles Internet sales for Giants.

The protest, modeled after a similar campaign by fans who sent peanuts to keep the CBS show "Jericho" alive, has the support of 4400 actor Jeffrey Combs. His character, Dr. Kevin Burkhoff, was the inspiration for the sunflower send-off.

"There's nothing better than an avid fan," Combs said in an interview. "The 4400 fans have taken their loss with grace and dignity and, with this campaign, quite a bit of ironic humor.

"Love it. Love them for doing this," he said.

Network spokeswoman Kristin Schulman said the network had received about 30 pounds of sunflower seeds by Wednesday, before Giants sent its first shipment. The Wahpeton company has since shipped about 650 pounds of seeds, with orders from about 30 states and a dozen countries, Schuler said.

In a statement about the 4400 campaign, network officials said, "We love hearing from our viewers and appreciate their enthusiasm for 'The 4400,' a series we're extremely proud of, but it would be very difficult logistically to bring the show back."

The show tells the story of 4,400 people who were abducted at various times but returned at the same time near Seattle. They have not aged since their abduction and remember nothing about the time they were gone.

The network axed both "The 4000" and "The Dead Zone," also a science fiction show, at the same time.

"We wish we could keep all our great shows alive forever," a vice president, Jeff Wachtel, said in a statement announcing the cancellations. "But we feel we need to give some of our new shows a platform to grow, and it's with great sadness that we say goodbye to two shows that had a great run and helped create the resurgence of original programming on our network and on all of cable."

Renee Cuddahy, 32, a 4400 fan from Philadelphia, said she's optimistic the sunflower seeds campaign will work. The bags are selling for $5 apiece of $20 for a case of 24.

"I didn't realize there were so many places in the world where the show was so popular," Cuddahy said. "This is so wacky it just might get their attention."

Combs said he has chewed sunflower seeds all of his life, but has yet to try the Giants brand.

"They probably have quite a few of them over at the network right now," Combs said. "Maybe I can get a sampling from them."

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #146 on: February 09, 2008, 01:35:30 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

I went for a walk. It is a warm day; too warm to be in the sun while wearing denim jeans.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

td

• td
« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2008, 01:52:17 PM »

Spending the afternoon dubbing, dubbing, dubbing.

Some DRs should be getting packages pretty soon!  :)

Do you rub when you dub?  In a tub when you dub?  Did you dub the knight of the woeful countenance?  Did you dub Julie singing of tuppence?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

singdaw

« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2008, 01:55:21 PM »

For a brief glimpse of Lauren Bacall and the original cast of Applause from the Tony show that year, see here.

singdaw

« Reply #149 on: February 09, 2008, 01:56:03 PM »

Do you rub when you dub?  In a tub when you dub?  Did you dub the knight of the woeful countenance?  Did you dub Julie singing of tuppence?

For the answers to these and other questions...

;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up