Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK TO NORMAL  (Read 73539 times)

MBarnum

Re:BACK TO NORMAL
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2008, 02:03:44 PM »

I have cleaned the dead mice out of the garage. That is all.

singdaw

« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2008, 02:18:16 PM »

Maybe you should box them up and mail them to the Macbeths.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2008, 02:24:15 PM »

now taht is an idea... I have a relative that could also use them...

However i think Bedbugs would be more appropos since she is now in NYC
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2008, 02:31:23 PM »

Oh, that Freddie!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Kerry

« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2008, 02:36:32 PM »

Tom, beautiful pictures yesterday. Millie is precious...

Thank you.  It will; I have faith in that.
I like boat races.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2008, 03:04:32 PM »

It did turn out to be a perfectly maginficent day. I sat outside on the porch my my lunch cooked, and it was warm enough that a sweatshirt was all that was needed with no jacket. And we didn't get the breezes that the forecast said we would. They may be arriving later tonight because the forecast also said tomorrow would be very windy.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »

As for viewing, I spent the whole of this afternoon with FAMILY TIES. I watched 7 episodes. Easy to see why Michael J. Fox became a star from this show. He's really the breakout cast member. Most of the others are really there to feed him straight lines. Justine Bateman does have some good cliched lines (she's the fashion-conscious, boy-crazy, lazy with schoolwork type), but her acting isn't very good at this point in the show. I think she'll get better in later years.

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2008, 03:08:45 PM »

My favorite episode of the ones I watched had Fox volunteering for a help hotline and being on the phone with a guy who wanted to commit suicide. Got to show a few more sides to his personality, and he did well with it

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »

As for guest stars, it's funny seeing these famous actors so young into their careers show up here. Timothy Busfield is a recurring character as one of Fox's friends, and in other episodes, Billy Campbell, Tate Donovan, and Geena Davis have popped up.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2008, 03:27:06 PM »

I'm checking in before I check out; I've spent the day feeling cruddy and lying about like so much fish.  I have a pain in my lower back which could be a pulled muscle, perhaps, from the lugging and toting, or a kidney stressed out with toxins. I need a couple of good days' worth of rest, so I'll turn off the lights and sleep soon.  I'll get out of bed when I feel like it tomorrow, but I may stay there all day and not get up until Monday.  Who knows?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2008, 03:29:40 PM »

Today is caucus day in Washington.  We have been visited by the Big Three this week.  However, in typical Washington State fashion, nine days from now, we are holding our Primary.  I haven't a clew whether or not or Primary vote counts at all.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2008, 03:35:15 PM »

I'll be having a very early five o'clock dinner - going to Nate 'n' Al's.

An early five o'clock dinner?  Does that mean that you eat it at four o'clock?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2008, 03:40:29 PM »

Handy Man should be here momentarily.

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »

I'm checking in before I check out; I've spent the day feeling cruddy and lying about like so much fish.  I have a pain in my lower back which could be a pulled muscle, perhaps, from the lugging and toting, or a kidney stressed out with toxins. I need a couple of good days' worth of rest, so I'll turn off the lights and sleep soon.  I'll get out of bed when I feel like it tomorrow, but I may stay there all day and not get up until Monday.  Who knows?

Feel better wishes to DR ELmore.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2008, 03:41:04 PM »

And dinner companion should be here at four-thirty and we'll head over to the Hills of Beverly.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2008, 03:41:28 PM »

Heading back down now to see more of the Keatons (no, not Diane). and later tonight, TORCHWOOD!

WBBL.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2008, 03:41:32 PM »

Singdaw and Jane, as per your comment about Pitapit. I have not eaten at one  for they are a bit out of the way for me and tend not to be on my route of errands.

We also have Extreme Pita.

Since several mentions were made about this Pita Pit place (say it five times fast); I thought I would look at the web site to see how far away the nearest location was to me.  Surprise!  Surprise!  We already have two locations in Tacoma.
“One thing’s universal,

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2008, 03:51:56 PM »

I mentioned Pita Pit to my kids, and they decided to go out to get pitas. At Pita Pit.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2008, 03:56:46 PM »

Listen to the rain on the roof
Go pit pita pit pita pit pita...

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2008, 03:59:00 PM »

Today is caucus day in Washington.  We have been visited by the Big Three this week.  However, in typical Washington State fashion, nine days from now, we are holding our Primary.  I haven't a clew whether or not or Primary vote counts at all.

Well, if you're a Republican, it half counts; if you're a Democrat, it does not count at all.

Only in WASHINGTON STATE PRIMARIES

The Republican Party used the results of the primary to allocate all of the Washington delegates in 1992, half of its delegates in 1996, and one third of its delegates in 2000.

The State Republican Party has decided that it will use the 2008 Presidential Primary to allocate 51% of its delegates. The remaining 49% of the delegates will be allocated based on caucus results.

The Democratic Party has never used the results of the primary to allocate delegates. The State Democratic Party will only use caucuses to allocate delegates in 2008.

der Brucer

A classic example of how the states can do whatever it wants, but the Parties control the National Conventions!

Read the SPOKESMAN-REVIEW
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 04:11:08 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2008, 04:02:38 PM »

Listen to the rain on the roof
Go pit pita pit pita pit pita...

When you're young and so in love as we
And bewildered by the world we see
Why do people hurt us so
Only those in love would know
What a town without pita can do

If we stop to gaze upon a star
People talk about how bad we are
Ours is not an easy age
We're like tigers in a cage
What a town without pita can do

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2008, 04:06:57 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Another 200 or so down, another 400 or so to go (over the next two days).

It was a pretty good day.  The talent was good.  Their song selections were good.  Their monologue selections were good.  And there were also some genuinely funny people today too, which always helps the day go faster.

I did have one major - well, major to me - "mistake".  Each actor is required to do a monologue and a song in their alloted 90 seconds, however, they can choose in which order they would like to present their pieces.  There was one young gentleman who placed his music on the piano, pointed out where he was starting and stopping, etc.  He took center stage, announced his name and number, and then I started playing...  About a measure into it, I realized he had indeed written his cue line - the last line of his monologue - on his music.  However, he had already started singing.  We finished his song, then he went into his monologue.  When he came back to the piano to get his music, I could tell he was a bit shaken, and I apologized as profusely as I could in that situation.  He left the stage.  Right after the next person went, I spoke up, and informed the company members what had happened during the previous audition.  He sounded fine to me during his song and monologue, however, I hope he looked comfortable - comfortable enough to get a couple of callbacks.   -I'll be heading down to the dance call in a bit to seek him out to apologize again.  :-\

-Otherwise, it really was a good day.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2008, 04:17:06 PM »

How super-tidy - cleaning the dead mice before trashing them.

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2008, 04:18:37 PM »

As for today's dinner excursion, I stayed close to the theatre again today.  Someone had brought in a tray of chicken wings from Gus' Fried Chicken at lunch, so I snacked on those - and thus fulfilled my Gus' Fried Chicken fix - for today at least.  So, after I was done with the auditions, I walked up a few blocks to Huey's for a burger and onion rings...

-And I believe I shall let that picture speak for itself.  :)

Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2008, 04:20:22 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Another 200 or so down, another 400 or so to go (over the next two days).

It was a pretty good day.  The talent was good.  Their song selections were good.  Their monologue selections were good.  And there were also some genuinely funny people today too, which always helps the day go faster.

I did have one major - well, major to me - "mistake".  Each actor is required to do a monologue and a song in their alloted 90 seconds, however, they can choose in which order they would like to present their pieces.  There was one young gentleman who placed his music on the piano, pointed out where he was starting and stopping, etc.  He took center stage, announced his name and number, and then I started playing...  About a measure into it, I realized he had indeed written his cue line - the last line of his monologue - on his music.  However, he had already started singing.  We finished his song, then he went into his monologue.  When he came back to the piano to get his music, I could tell he was a bit shaken, and I apologized as profusely as I could in that situation.  He left the stage.  Right after the next person went, I spoke up, and informed the company members what had happened during the previous audition.  He sounded fine to me during his song and monologue, however, I hope he looked comfortable - comfortable enough to get a couple of callbacks.   -I'll be heading down to the dance call in a bit to seek him out to apologize again.  :-\

-Otherwise, it really was a good day.

Jose, could you explain to some of us slower-witted people, exactly what these auditions are for and who attends them?
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2008, 04:21:39 PM »

One of Huey's traditions is their "toothpick ceiling".  With each burger or sandwich, you get two frilly toothpicks.  After you're finished with your meal, you have the "option" to try to get your toothpicks into the drop ceiling tiles.  The last time I went there, I was able to launch and lodge one of my toothpicks into the ceiling.  This time around, alas, both of mine ended up just landing back on my table.  Ah, well..

Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »

Hi! Looking for advice from the HDTV experts...I'm thinking about getting a 32" set. I'd like to get something on the inexpensive end.  I've been told that for that size you really can't tell any difference between 768 and 1080. 'is that right?There's a Memorex on sale at Sears ttp://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05771787000P The picture was great and I'm considering it.  I saw a nice Sony Bravia, but it's about twice the price. And there are a couple Vizios. Next to the Memorex, the picture wasn't nearly as good, but ....

Any suggestions. I'm planning to use part of my tax refund for it. As much TV as I watch I figure I deserve it.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2008, 04:22:42 PM »

-And I believe I shall let that picture speak for itself.  :)

bk will love it! All that blue!

der Brucer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2008, 04:26:21 PM »

I mentioned Pita Pit to my kids, and they decided to go out to get pitas. At Pita Pit.

Please tell DR Sandra I want a full report, especially from one vegetarian to another. :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2008, 04:32:12 PM »

DR Jose, was that the veggie burger?

Be careful, it seems to me you have been eating too many fried foods lately.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up