Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Bb, F#, A, Eb - THE NOTES  (Read 33647 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:Bb, F#, A, Eb - THE NOTES
« Reply #270 on: February 27, 2008, 06:08:49 PM »

When "Shadow" (a feral cat) had kittens in our back yard in 1998, we would have been stuck with four kittens if we hadn't been able to foster them and let them go. We were fortunate we found a place that let us do that.

At first this is what I thought would be the situation with JJ.  I thought you were just going to take him to the PetSmart adopt a pet clinics and then back home with you, doing this until he found a home.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #271 on: February 27, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »

One more.....

[size=10]PAGE 10[/size]
[/color][/b]

« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 06:09:51 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #272 on: February 27, 2008, 06:09:09 PM »

I tried to adopt Joshie out. He wouldn't have it.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #273 on: February 27, 2008, 06:09:39 PM »

I would foster but Keith can't do it.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #274 on: February 27, 2008, 06:10:20 PM »

I could never foster animals. I wouldn't trust anyone to take care of them as well as I do and would end up with a house full
That's exactly what happens to a lot of foster caregivers.  That's why der B and I are no longer associated with the rescue group we started with - they simply could not see anyone other than themselves as being as good, could not bring themselves to trust other people.  We ran into one of them during the weekend, at the rabies shot clinic.  She couldn't even bring herself to speak to either of us.  So it goes.  (Switching from Douglas Adams references to Kurt Vonnegut.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #275 on: February 27, 2008, 06:10:20 PM »

JJ will stay at Petsmart until he is adopted, which will probably be before the weekend is over. An affectionate cat like JJ will go fast.

Cillaliz

« Reply #276 on: February 27, 2008, 06:10:48 PM »

I say this as she is curled up and purring on my lap

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #277 on: February 27, 2008, 06:11:37 PM »

Just like Joshie.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #278 on: February 27, 2008, 06:12:39 PM »

Cillaliz,
Will they ask me if I have ever been the victim of a crime? If I answer yes, will that doom me to a civil case?

Jane

« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2008, 06:13:21 PM »

I never had any intention of keeping Belle, but then I didn't like the attitude of the people who were interested in adopting a big black dog.  After a month, and tears from Craig, and couldn't give up my shadow.  I have found homes for other stray dogs, and a cat, that have crossed our paths.

Cillaliz

« Reply #280 on: February 27, 2008, 06:14:21 PM »

That's exactly what happens to a lot of foster caregivers.  That's why der B and I are no longer associated with the rescue group we started with - they simply could not see anyone other than themselves as being as good, could not bring themselves to trust other people.  We ran into one of them during the weekend, at the rabies shot clinic.  She couldn't even bring herself to speak to either of us.  So it goes.  (Switching from Douglas Adams references to Kurt Vonnegut.)

Well, I don't agree with their attitude.  If you are a rescue group, you have to be able to let go and let other people care for animals.  I think part of the Boo situation was the timing. She came along about a month after I had to put Nilla to sleep.  She certainly filled a big gaping hole in our little inter-species family. LOL

Jane

« Reply #281 on: February 27, 2008, 06:14:36 PM »

Cillaliz,
Will they ask me if I have ever been the victim of a crime? If I answer yes, will that doom me to a civil case?

LOL-I hope something good comes out of that experience.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #282 on: February 27, 2008, 06:15:07 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from auditions... Some of the kids we saw today were C-U-T-E!  Thankfully, some of the CUTE ones were also talented.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #283 on: February 27, 2008, 06:17:13 PM »

I don't want to do civil cases. I don't want to listen to people quibble over stuff.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: February 27, 2008, 06:20:48 PM »

And once I got home, I preheated the stove to 425, then prepared some broccoli, red bell peppers, and garlic cloves for roasting... A generous drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of kosher salt, a couple of grinds of black pepper, and a nice dash of red pepper flakes... Popped into the oven for about 30 minutes... A very tasty and healthy accompaniment to the turkey sausages I cooked last night.  *And I'll be able to pack a container of roast vegetables to take with me tomorrow - fennel, carrots, broccoli and red bell peppers.  -And tomorrow night, roasted brussel sprouts!  -Yes, I'm on a roasted vegetable kick right now.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #285 on: February 27, 2008, 06:21:08 PM »

Has everyone seen, or at least heard of, the Sarah Silverman video I'M F%#KIN MATT DAMON?  It is available at You Tube.

Now Sarah's boyfriend Jimmy Kimmel (hopefully no relation) has a video in retalitation entitled I'M F@#KING BEN AFFLECK.  It has an all-star cast, including Cameron Diaz, Brad Pitt, Harrison Ford, Josh Grobin, etc........  It is very funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TilAqoYBVjA&feature=related

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #286 on: February 27, 2008, 06:21:40 PM »

Do they have a female equivalent of "Just For Men" to rid milady's pudenda of grey?

And how often do you and DR SWW have to touch-up?

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #287 on: February 27, 2008, 06:21:44 PM »

Years ago, I used to scan photos and post them along with the fosters' stories.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: February 27, 2008, 06:22:20 PM »

Has everyone seen, or at least heard of, the Sarah Silverman video I'M F%#KIN MATT DAMON?  It is available at You Tube.

Now Sarah's boyfriend Jimmy Kimmel (hopefully no relation) has a video in retalitation entitled I'M F@#KING BEN AFFLECK.  It has an all-star cast, including Cameron Diaz, Brad Pitt, Harrison Ford, Josh Grobin, etc........  It is very funny!

I have! :)

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #289 on: February 27, 2008, 06:23:38 PM »

Cillaliz,

I take it you have jury duty, I missed that post, sorry. Sometimes I don't quite catch them all.  Did you get a questionnaire? I can't remember how they do it there. I'm sure you'll be asked either in person or in writing.  It won't necessarily doom you, it depends on who else is on the panel and whether they want to get rid of

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #290 on: February 27, 2008, 06:24:24 PM »

Here at Panera.  I have figured out how to deal with the horrendous traffic and it works very well - ignore it and relax.  I have been close to giving myself a heart attack for the last two days - but today, I just relaxed and the drive was the drive (about ten minutes shorter than yesterday) and it's all fine and dandy.

Well... I kept meaning to comment that your observations about and frustrations with traffic are "typical" of someone who doesn't normally have to deal with it on a daily basis.  And now that you've had to deal with it for three days in a row, well...  Consider yourself a commuter. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #291 on: February 27, 2008, 06:25:03 PM »

I watched these late last night!  They're both F%#KIN HYSTERICAL!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #292 on: February 27, 2008, 06:25:40 PM »

...imho.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #293 on: February 27, 2008, 06:27:50 PM »

On Saturday I posted:

"DR Sandra and I saw "Twelve Angry Men" on tour, which reminds me why I don't want to be on a jury."

Guess what came in the mail today.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #294 on: February 27, 2008, 06:31:15 PM »

Oh Cool! Ultimate Recipe Showdown. I haven't seen this before

I watched some of the first few episodes.  Alas, I can't take the commentators and their commentary.  :-\

*Although, I do have to wonder how much the winning recipes will be tweaked for TGIFriday's Ultimate Recipe Showdown Menu.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #295 on: February 27, 2008, 06:31:59 PM »

Most cat shelters have separate rooms to house a cat that tested positive.  There are also false positives, so often the test is re-done.  A perfectly healthy cat that tests positive can live a long time without ever displaying symptoms of the disease.

PetSmart should have explained this to you and what other options you have before agreeing to their outdated mode of dealing with cats that test positive.  At the least they could have given you the option to take him back if he tests positive.
When der Brucer and I first took in JJ, it was clear in our minds that we would first try to foster him, and not adopt.  We wanted to find the original owners, which is why we posted pictures of JJ in places where those owners could see them, with contact information.  

Barring that, we wanted to find a home for him, preferably not ours.  Integrating JJ into our house, which has four very active and inquisitive dogs already living in it, would have been highly difficult, and JJ was clearly not interested in that option.

I need to make something clear here:  PetSmart IS NOT the adoption group - the company assists in placing the cats.

That euthanasia would be an option didn't even come into the picture until this morning, when the representative of the adoption group explained it to us.  He specifically asked us if we would want JJ back if he tested positive.  He made it clear that, if the test was positive, the only two options were that we take JJ back, or JJ would have to be put down - they do not have the resources to do otherwise.  Der Brucer and I considered this option, and realized that it was not a good one for JJ or ourselves.  WE were the ones who agreed to the euthanasia option, IF the cat tests positive (and that is, frankly, an if, not a done deal).
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #296 on: February 27, 2008, 06:33:37 PM »

Just finished watching the women compete on "AI"... :-\  It seemed to be a night of very good performances and some not so good performances.  And the gap between them was quite wide tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #297 on: February 27, 2008, 06:35:51 PM »

... -Yes, I'm on a roasted vegetable kick right now.  :)
It's late winter, roasted veggie season.

You'll be sick of 'em just in time for the new fresh spring veggies.

Jane

« Reply #298 on: February 27, 2008, 06:36:04 PM »

I take it you have jury duty, I missed that post, sorry. Sometimes I don't quite catch them all.  Did you get a questionnaire? I can't remember how they do it there. I'm sure you'll be asked either in person or in writing.  It won't necessarily doom you, it depends on who else is on the panel and whether they want to get rid of

And they gave her a bus pass to get there.

Jane

« Reply #299 on: February 27, 2008, 06:36:38 PM »

I've seen them both-very funny.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up