Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: YAHTZEE  (Read 23829 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:YAHTZEE
« Reply #240 on: March 06, 2008, 07:25:53 PM »

DR GEORGE!!!! You've never played Yahtzee....oh my gosh, we've got to get this boy some dice!

I hope that's not a euphemism!  :o

I love Yahtzee, BTW. It was one of the most popular games in our family, along with Monopoly and Clue. We had a travel trailer and camped a lot, so we spent a lot of time playing board games in the evening.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #241 on: March 06, 2008, 07:27:35 PM »

I noticed a barbershop on the way home, and my DH and I decided that we should open a barbershop with pingpong tables so you can play while you're waiting for your barber. And of course, they would serve tapas.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #242 on: March 06, 2008, 07:27:54 PM »

DR Jose, welcome South! I wish you were a little bit closer so we could take you out for some BBQ!

I wish I was too!  -There's on BBQ place near the Convention Center, but it closes at 6:00 - ???  -There's also an English Tea Shop nearby, but it too stops serving lunch (pasties, kidney pie, ploughman's breakfast, etc.) at 3:00.  No fun food for me. :(
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #243 on: March 06, 2008, 07:29:20 PM »

...Although, the cake display at the diner across the street is filled with some interesting - and delicious - creations.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #244 on: March 06, 2008, 07:30:30 PM »

I go away, and Jeanne puts her house on the market to move to LA, Rodz gets engaged and everybody looks different.

Edisaurus

« Reply #245 on: March 06, 2008, 07:31:20 PM »

How many auditions have you played so far?

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #246 on: March 06, 2008, 07:31:44 PM »

Underpants!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #247 on: March 06, 2008, 07:32:21 PM »

How many auditions have you played so far?

However, not everyone sang today, but the non-singers were most definitely in the 10s of people.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2008, 07:32:40 PM »

Cilla and TCB, love your new avatars!

Thanks!

Edisaurus

« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2008, 07:33:03 PM »

I wish I was too!  -There's on BBQ place near the Convention Center, but it closes at 6:00 - ???  -There's also an English Tea Shop nearby, but it too stops serving lunch (pasties, kidney pie, ploughman's breakfast, etc.) at 3:00.  No fun food for me. :(

I'm sure there are probably pasties being served in some nearby bar. 8)

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: March 06, 2008, 07:33:52 PM »

I hope that's not a euphemism!  :o

I love Yahtzee, BTW. It was one of the most popular games in our family, along with Monopoly and Clue. We had a travel trailer and camped a lot, so we spent a lot of time playing board games in the evening.

No, it wasn't I just love Yahtzee and thought he should have some dice so he can learn to play

Cillaliz

« Reply #251 on: March 06, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »

I never felt very safe on Southwest Airlines. Now I know why http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/06/southwest.planes/index.html

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: March 06, 2008, 07:38:19 PM »

Jeanne - Still, being aggressive about saving a client money is the surest way not to have a complete and accurate return - LOL!  

But seriously, do you think the guy you're using now isn't watching out for your best interests? If so, I wonder if you should cut it off now, even if it means going on extension this year.

I've always been meticulous with my taxes--everything FULLY documented and very straight-arrow. I asked him several times about various expenses to my house and he nixed them all, saying, "That isn't material" or "That's a repair." Yet my reading of the IRS booklets says otherwise. I certainly do not wish to use him for 2008, as I expect to sell my house in the coming months. As for this year, there is no home sale and things should be pretty straight-forward. I'm anxious to get everything organzied and to him BEFORE my move. Everything will be in storage in VA for several months, so if I misplace or forget a receipt--well, I won't be coming back for it. He's competent, but no, I don't think he represents my best interests. I just don't think it will make a big difference until I sell the house.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #253 on: March 06, 2008, 07:40:07 PM »

I've never felt safe on Southwest Airlines because I don't understand how the plane gets up and stays in the air.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Edisaurus

« Reply #254 on: March 06, 2008, 07:40:35 PM »

I had a fun thing happen last week. I found a song by a group called Kory and the Fireflies (from Sioux City!) and used it for the new season of Trading Spaces. The song's called "She's Coming Back Again", so it was perfect to herald the return of Paige Davis. The network loved it and licensed it for the whole campaign.

Last week, the band was in Atlanta playing a private party at the Hard Rock, and Kory showed up at my editing room with a bunch of CD's. He wanted to thank me in person for using his song. (He made LOTS of money from that!) I have placed a lot of songs in films and trailers, but this is the first time someone went to some effort to thank me. So that was cool.

The funny thing is, if you listen to the whole song, it's about a woman who dumps her boyfriend, loses all her money and friends and then comes crawling back. So I couldn't help but picture Paige driving along and hearing the song on the radio. First: "There's my song"! And then: "Heeeeyyyyyy...wait a minute...."

Cillaliz

« Reply #255 on: March 06, 2008, 07:40:56 PM »

I had a nice chat with the Dell guy who was in the Himalayas in India while we talked.  They are sending the tech back out to replace the motherboard. He told me it should NOT effect the contents of my computer. I'm hoping he's right.  Just in case, think I'll at least back up again so I don't lose some things I want to keep.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2008, 07:42:15 PM »

I go away, and Jeanne puts her house on the market to move to LA, Rodz gets engaged and everybody looks different.

We need to publish some sort of summary for the E&T. Reading the posts is more fun when you're caught up!

Edisaurus

« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2008, 07:43:26 PM »

bk, if I see you've returned while I'm still awake, I'll give you a call. Otherwise, I'll call you tomorrow after I see you're awake.

Edisaurus

« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2008, 07:45:47 PM »

How long will you be in Chatt., Jose?

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: March 06, 2008, 07:45:50 PM »

I also read on the net how to fix my "piece of crap" gateway laptop that I haven't used in years.  It's an easy fix...but I can't find my little tiny phillips screw driver, so it will have to wait until tomorrow.  I hope it works, if I can fix it up enough to do email and open stuff I need for work, it would be a great road computer. Then if it dies it dies. I'm going to take it to the office and see if my computer geek friends can help me out about it
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 07:56:10 PM by Cillaliz »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2008, 07:46:04 PM »

Good night.

Edisaurus

« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2008, 07:48:03 PM »

I would love to know the backstory behind Sanda's sig...

Cillaliz

« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2008, 07:48:06 PM »

I had a fun thing happen last week. I found a song by a group called Kory and the Fireflies (from Sioux City!) and used it for the new season of Trading Spaces. The song's called "She's Coming Back Again", so it was perfect to herald the return of Paige Davis. The network loved it and licensed it for the whole campaign.

Last week, the band was in Atlanta playing a private party at the Hard Rock, and Kory showed up at my editing room with a bunch of CD's. He wanted to thank me in person for using his song. (He made LOTS of money from that!) I have placed a lot of songs in films and trailers, but this is the first time someone went to some effort to thank me. So that was cool.

The funny thing is, if you listen to the whole song, it's about a woman who dumps her boyfriend, loses all her money and friends and then comes crawling back. So I couldn't help but picture Paige driving along and hearing the song on the radio. First: "There's my song"! And then: "Heeeeyyyyyy...wait a minute...."

Cool Edi! I've seen Kory and the Fireflies.  I don't go out much, so I haven't seen them a lot of times, but I'll have to keep my eye out to see if they are here anytime soon.

Edisaurus

« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2008, 07:49:47 PM »

We need to publish some sort of summary for the E&T. Reading the posts is more fun when you're caught up!

Yes, it took me days to catch up, but I didn't want to post until I did.

I'm glad you got your goody bag, Jeanne!

My bk magnet is on my fridge...

Edisaurus

« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2008, 07:50:29 PM »

Kory was a very nice guy; no attitude whatsoever.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2008, 07:51:36 PM »

How long will you be in Chatt., Jose?

I head back to NYC on Sunday.
Make Your Own Luck.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2008, 07:51:45 PM »

I would love to know the backstory behind Sanda's sig...

So would I. All I know is he was talking about walruses.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Edisaurus

« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2008, 07:52:53 PM »

Cilla, you're looking quite svelte in your avatar.

Edisaurus

« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2008, 07:53:34 PM »

I'm glad to hear that Danise has a fun weekend in store, and I hope she'll be back to join us soon.

Edisaurus

« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2008, 07:54:33 PM »

All I know is he was talking about walruses.

The Oracle of Delphi has spoken.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up