Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: IT TOOK MORE THAN ONE MAN TO CHANGE MY NAME TO SHANGHAI LILY  (Read 25826 times)

Ginny

Re:IT TOOK MORE THAN ONE MAN TO CHANGE MY NAME TO SHANGHAI LILY
« Reply #270 on: March 15, 2008, 08:25:01 PM »

We have a very full day in Cincinnati tomorrow - church, followed by a quick lunch, followed by the spring dance concert at UC (DS Rob's girlfriend is dancing and choreographing), followed by a meal with Rob and Mary Linda.

We like to take her something when we see her performances.  Last time it was flowers, but tomorrow we're taking her a shamrock plant, which looks very cute in the gift bag.

I will try to check in early, before we leave for the day.

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

td

• td
« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2008, 08:26:59 PM »

In the year that has passed since I joined HHW, I have lost about 60 pounds, and I am planning on losing another 40-60 this year. If you  have any interest how I achieved this, I am happy to share my "secrets." :)

. . .and just how many "secrets" do you have (other than dieting) that you're willing to share?    ;)

(Is this sudden rush of testosterone on HHW honestly because of DR BrettySexySpaghetti's seemly avatar)?  ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #272 on: March 15, 2008, 08:43:38 PM »

I have no writing to do tonight, so I'm going to put myself to bed early for a change.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #273 on: March 15, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »

Wow, JRand, did you just discover this story? How did you uncover it?

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #274 on: March 15, 2008, 08:50:27 PM »

. . .and just how many "secrets" do you have (other than dieting) that you're willing to share?

Sigh. Fine. "You're So Vain" was about Warren.

SATISFIED?

singdaw

« Reply #275 on: March 15, 2008, 08:50:30 PM »

A hearty HHW CONGRATULATIONS to new FULL MEMBERS DRs BrettySpaghetti and Brian!  :)

MBarnum

« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2008, 08:52:01 PM »

Netflix brought me an disco of LOVE AMERICAN STYLE episodes...what memories it brought back...I had forgotten about those little short comedy scenes in between the stories and gosh, what wonderful people popped up! Van Williams, Richard Long, Ruth McDevitt, Carolyn Jones, Donna Douglas, Gary Collins, Nobu McCarthy, Claudine Longet, Red Buttons (he was hilarious!), Edward Everett Horton...but it was the theme song what really put me back in time!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 08:52:36 PM by MBarnum »

singdaw

« Reply #277 on: March 15, 2008, 08:52:19 PM »

DR BrettySpaghetti - that is fantastic about your weight loss.  Keep up the great work!

Glad to hear that DH Keith and DM of DR Cillaliz are on the mend.

***RECOVERY VIBES*** to greater Atlanta!

DR Danise - so glad to see you around HHW.  Feel better soon!!

MBarnum

« Reply #278 on: March 15, 2008, 08:55:22 PM »

that is a lot of walking Bretty! Good for you!

MBarnum

« Reply #279 on: March 15, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »

Well, time to dip into the Bollywood horrors...tonight it is PURANA MANDIR (1984) starring Aarti Gupta, Mohnish Bahi, and Puneet Issar.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #280 on: March 15, 2008, 09:07:57 PM »

Greetings one and all...

I have been busy since I returned from Utah and I have not had an opportunity to drop in to post. Work was crazy and DBF was spending his spring break up here.

He flew out this evening.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #281 on: March 15, 2008, 09:08:32 PM »

Vibes to Edi's DH Greg......

Congrats to TPUnk!!

Vibes to Cilla's mum  and to Danise
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #282 on: March 15, 2008, 09:10:28 PM »

Regarding TORCHWOOD -- I have TiVoed and burned every episode to DVD to date...but still haven't watched any episodes. I assume those of you "in the know" realize that TORCHWOOD is not only a spinoff of DOCTOR WHO -- it's also an anagram of the name!

Torchwood was the original secret working title of the new series.

I like Torchwood...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #283 on: March 15, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »

Love the new avvie Cilla!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #284 on: March 15, 2008, 09:11:35 PM »

Recovery vibes to Greater Atlanta....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #285 on: March 15, 2008, 09:11:56 PM »

Hopefully I can get a few pics resized and up of my travels....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #286 on: March 15, 2008, 09:13:31 PM »

Studying family history can have some unexpected results.

Anyone want to hear a shocking story?

Yes, it can JRAND...

Go for it!

I have read some funny, odd and downright scary stories. I have a few oddities in my lines...

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #287 on: March 15, 2008, 09:14:44 PM »

Welcome home, DR DakotaCelt.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #288 on: March 15, 2008, 09:16:34 PM »

When she was 14 years old, my grandmother used to take the interurban train from Brooklyn, Indiana, into Mooresville to babysit for two little girls.  Their mother had passed away.

One day, the father came home early and attacked her.  She was too afraid to tell anyone what happened and even continued to babysit for the little girls.

A few weeks later, she met my grandfather, and a couple of months later, they became engaged.  It was then that my grandmother had to tell him that she was going to have a baby....and she told him the whole story.

My grandfather walked into town with a baseball bat and dispatched the guy up side the head.  The guy survived but soon moved away.

My aunt the child of the attack.....does NOT know the story....

And so there you are.   Don't look if you don't want to find out.  Sad tale of long ago with repercussions to many many folks.

Shocking....

A friend who I was helping do research found out that a relation on one of her lines was in the TN state pen for murdering several people.

I am acquainted with some one who is descended from one of the wives of Brigham young

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #289 on: March 15, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »

I note I have some days to catch up on...

How is Brain going?  Who is playing Gen Mills?

FJL

« Reply #290 on: March 15, 2008, 09:27:41 PM »

Darn, I had hoped the secret to weight loss was eating lots of pasta.

FJL

« Reply #291 on: March 15, 2008, 09:28:53 PM »

Of course, there's the garlic diet.  Lots and lots of garlic.  You don't lose weight but you look thinner from a distance.

(an old Totie Fields joke)

FJL

« Reply #292 on: March 15, 2008, 09:31:51 PM »

From a distance, you look really thin
Even though you're reeeeally not
From a distance, you've got just one chin
Even though you've go-ot a lot

(a bette Midler song styling)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #293 on: March 15, 2008, 09:32:39 PM »

FJL, for me it is eating at a really bad restaurant in town...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2008, 09:47:59 PM »

I am busy downloading some I took on a freind's camera since they had a telephoto lens....

There are soem very nice ones!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2008, 09:49:13 PM »

DBF did treat me to some lovely Indian food before he left town... I even tried Mango Ice cream...

DBarnum, have you tried Mango Ice cream?

FJL

« Reply #296 on: March 15, 2008, 09:56:40 PM »

Papa loves Mango
Mama loves Mango

(a song sung by Berry Como, I believe)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2008, 10:21:55 PM »

Tough deciding which ones to put up....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #298 on: March 15, 2008, 10:22:44 PM »

Good grief, did not realize I took so many of Kolob canyon... Beautiful drive at Zion!

Highly recommend it!

FJL

« Reply #299 on: March 15, 2008, 10:32:31 PM »

Ooh, almost page 11
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up