Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VARSITY DRAG  (Read 32600 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE VARSITY DRAG
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2008, 05:53:57 PM »

:D :) :D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #241 on: March 19, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »

Well...  If anyone ever wondered if the contestants on "American Idol" ever lip-sync'd, tonight's opening medley will answer that question.

*There were also some interesting sound/mic "cues", as well as a "fun" camera move.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #242 on: March 19, 2008, 06:15:18 PM »

PAGE 9 BOREAL DANCE!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #243 on: March 19, 2008, 06:17:50 PM »

Boreal for real?

It looks like a thestral from the Harry Potter universe!

singdaw

« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »

DR TCB - I didn't take offense at your remark.\

But I'm sure you can think of a way to make it up to Sascha.   ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #245 on: March 19, 2008, 06:21:23 PM »

"Boreal" is one of the sculptures on the grounds of the Hunter Museum of American Art in Chattanooga, Tennessee.  Alas, the museum was closed by the time I got there after playing auditions all day, but the grounds were still open.

When I first saw this sculpture, I thought, "Oh, cool!"  Then I read the placard and thought I was looking at the wrong sculpture, but I still wasn't sure which sculpture it was talking about.  I kept looking for something made of bronze, and Boreal was made out of wood.  Well... After reading the placard a bit more closely, and then tapping, touching the sculpture, I realized I was looking at the right sculpture.  Cool!!
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #246 on: March 19, 2008, 06:26:40 PM »

I simmer, never flame.

Well, simmer...yes; stew...on occasion; flame...truth be told I've never seen it :)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #247 on: March 19, 2008, 06:40:42 PM »

Well, simmer...yes; stew...on occasion; flame...truth be told I've never seen it :)

der Brucer

Do you (or does Jose) ever foam over?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2008, 06:42:32 PM »

'night

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2008, 07:02:23 PM »

DR TCB - ANTM is Tyra Banks' atrocious America's Next Top Model....which chooses the true next America's Top Model the way American Idol chooses well....America's next Idol!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #250 on: March 19, 2008, 07:02:46 PM »

Satisfying Big Brother results tonight.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #251 on: March 19, 2008, 07:13:30 PM »

;D  For DR Jennifer  ;D  :

[size=8] 'Biggest Loser' SPOILER[/size]

Xtradition for Xtrastupid Xtras  This is spoiler spoilageto preventnoninterest singdavian readers from spoiling their viewings of biggestloser should they actually be spoiling to spoil such viewings.  stringclawcanbitchslapwhoevergets in hisway.  Last night's "Biggest Loser" started with the expulsion of another player, voted on last week and saved for our viewing pleasure last evening.  Dan had two votes (his prize for winning a challenge).  He cast them both for Maggie, as did Roger and Ali.  Kelly cast her vote for Brittany.  Mark and Jay also voted for Maggie and the deal was done.

The next sequence had the seven competitors going to a local Macy's where they thought there might be some sort of challenge involving moving stock or  something.  Instead,  they were told they were going to get a makeover with new clothes for their new bodies.  And to help them they brought in Tim Gunn,  fashion guru best known to America for his work on Bravo's "Project Runway."

He met with each of the men and women.  He had done his homework from the show's personnel files and was able to hook them up with looks that best-suited them.  They also got makeovers from a hairstylist named Gabriel (!) and then did a fashion show.  As each showed off his  or her look, they were greeted by a family member at the end of the runway. There was much happy happy and hugging and a bit of snogging (but  no canoodling).  Mark, especially, had  an emotional reaction to seeing his wife and he was in major "tears".  We've seen this from Mark before when he had to convince his team to send him home three weeks ago.

I've read  some negative remarks about this crying by  Mark.  It made me a little uncomfortable, too...but not  because he was crying.  It was because he had been home two weeks ago and saw his wife last just one week ago.  It's not as if he'd been away from her for months!

Everyone also got a $1,000 Macy's gift card!

The next challenge had treadmills turned the wrong way around on a steel beam across a pool.  Each player had to walk backwards on the treadmill with the beam suspended over the water.  As the challenge progressed, the beam was raised, as was the "tilt" of  the treadmill which made it much harder for the contestants.  The last two were Mark and Ali, the two who had returned to the competition from the week before.  Just after one hour had elapsed, Mark let Ali know he was good to go on...and she dropped into the pool.  Mark's prize was a weeklong stay for  two at a spa in Utah.

After the competition, Mark apologized for seeming hellbent on winning so much (he has won more than any of the others).  Later, he apologized again with his former blue team  members and Bob sitting together.  Roger strongly took him to task for apologizing and told him there was nothing to apologize for...that he was a competitor and a good one.  Mark, sensitive to the fact that in the first couple of weeks his competitiveness made him a target for elimination and caused resentment, responded angrily to Roger.  The last-chance workout did not go well for Mark because, as Bob said, he was distracted/disturbed at his blowup at Roger.

At weigh-in, all went as expected with Brittany a sure bet to fall below the yellow line with only two  pounds lost.  Jillian had added sodium to her diet to try to force her body to lose more weight "later on" (i.e. next week, if Brittany could hold out one more week), and Jillian admitted it might backfire, which it did.  Kelly was, to her delight, safe with a really decent loss of 5 lbs.  Mark, Dan, Roger and Ali also did well.  Marks' brother Jay, however, didn't fare well.  He lost only 3 lbs...same as his brother.  But Jay weighs more than Mark and the three pounds was a lesser bodyfat percentage than was Mark's.

Allison, the hostess, told the trainers to say goodbye to their teams and then leave the building.  There was a very emotional  scene between Jillian and Brittany.  I'm sure Jillian was certain Brittany was a goner.  She left in tears.

During the hour she had before votes were cast, Brittany tried her best to sway male votes her way.  She especially appealed to Dan to use this opportunity to get rid of Jay as a potential threat. Later, Dan addressed his need to consider voting out the other guys in a solo camera confessional.  He chose, at the end, however, to stay true to his alliance.

Ali, who owed no loyalty to Brittany, cast her vote to send Brittany home. She was never a member of Jillian's black team. She owes Jillian the best she can do and nothing more. I doubt she was thinking that if she voted out Jay she would be safe for yet another week. Voting off Jay would mean Brittany and Kelly, more than likely, would be below the yellow line next week. That's not certain, though. Jay has had bad weeks, Kelly and Brittany have had good weeks. Mark has obviously had a bad week (and went home). Any one of the men can falter, especially with the shrinking numbers of players.

Personally, I'm glad Brittany and Maggie are both gone. Both are major-league whiners who have exulted when their team won the weigh-ins and pouted and complained that things weren't fair when they didn't win.

I think the folks who remain in the game deserve to be there -- for their hard work, for the extra training they'll get as a result, and for the seldom-seen opportunity to see the "best man/woman" win the day at a weigh-in. There's no glory in winning over dead-weight competition, and those boys -- and Ali, too -- are "competitors."

As for Kelly, we'll see. She's had the most to lose and she's got a lot more she can lose. She could turn it up and oust Ali if she really tried. She is talking the talk. Can she walk the walk for another weigh-in?

And for the record: We never saw Bob in tears when Jillian's black team last year beat the snot out of Bob's team, leaving Bob with no one in the competition at the end.  Jillian has never been in a position in which her team was on the verge of total elimination.  It has to be tough.  She now has Kelly, her least favorite of her former team, and Ali, who was never on the team.  Sxfkj;jl; j ej singdaw eats coleslaw through a straw ..XSkdkdldkjlkjl;akj;lkja;lskjf;lkj;lkjasfd;lkjasd;lkjas;lgkjd;slkj   .

[size=8] END 'Biggest Loser' SPOILAGE [/size]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 07:21:04 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #252 on: March 19, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »

Time to get some din-din and settle in for some telly.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #253 on: March 19, 2008, 07:17:04 PM »

Anyone who is interested in Numerology or the like, may find this link interesting.

My friend Alan has written a book about 3-D Numerology.

It is a lot to read, so you can book mark the link.  If anyone has DR PENNYO's email, and can send her the link, I would appreciate it.

I am interested in all opinions, but I realize that it is not a quick read or of interest to ALL.

If you aren't interested, that's okay.....don't waste your time on it.

Enjoy.....or not!   ;D

http://www.alandaleproductions.com/metaphysics.htm

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #254 on: March 19, 2008, 07:20:40 PM »

DR TCB - ANTM is Tyra Banks' atrocious America's Next Top Model....which chooses the true next America's Top Model the way American Idol chooses well....America's next Idol!

Although, on "ANTM" the winner is chosen by Tyra and her panel of judges, not by the American public.

...And I have to say, there is LOTSA drama in the loft this season.  -And I'm wondering if they will show the potential top models trashing the NYC loft as has been reported in the news.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #255 on: March 19, 2008, 07:26:26 PM »

That's true, DR JOSE....on Tyra's show, the concept of America is reduced to just a few - uh - judges.

The MY FAIR LADY tour came through Indy a couple of weeks ago.  Is it the same one you are working on?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #256 on: March 19, 2008, 07:28:14 PM »

It had Christopher Cazenove and Lisa O'Hare.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #257 on: March 19, 2008, 07:30:41 PM »

As for tonight's "American Idol"... Well... And then there were 10.

And if you ever wondered if the band is actually playing live, well...  Keep your eyes on the guitarist right before the final number.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #258 on: March 19, 2008, 07:31:10 PM »

It had Christopher Cazenove and Lisa O'Hare.

One and the same.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #259 on: March 19, 2008, 07:32:04 PM »

Cor blimey!  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #260 on: March 19, 2008, 07:32:43 PM »

We have HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL, TWELVE ANGRY MEN, and THE BACKYARDIGANS left on our season.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #261 on: March 19, 2008, 07:36:59 PM »

I played Zoltan Karpathy for one performance, when our Zoltan had a previous commitment.

I decided (since I was the director) that Zoltan was Hungarian, and that he would of course speak with a Hungarian accent.

By the time I announced I was wearing my "decowations for wanguage", I was the hit of the show.  The cast was also having a great time, and were not happy when our dour Zoltan returned the next evening.  Of course the actual Ballroom scene is cut in many versions of MFL.....and when it goes, so does Zoltan, except by reputation.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #262 on: March 19, 2008, 07:43:29 PM »

Well... I have a sort of longish day tomorrow: auditions from 1-7 and then dinner at Tribeca Grill.  -And then a 9:00am audition session on Friday, so...  And I've actually been dealing with a dull headache since this afternoon, and I'm just feeling a little "off" in general, so I'm going to wind down a bit earlier than usual tonight to make sure I'm well rested for tomorrow.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #263 on: March 19, 2008, 07:51:55 PM »

My apologies to one and all about my light in the loafers line.  It wasn't meant as an insult to the dancer whoever he may be.  I was merely responding to the photo with the usual gay stereotype.

However, I do not think that masculinity has anything to do with sexuality.  I have worked with a great many dancers in a lot of shows over the years; and I found almost every one of them to be extremely masculine, regardless of their sexuality.

I realize I am coming into this conversation at the end, and haven't read all of today's posts, but I totally agree TCB. Gender characteristics such as masculinity/femininity generally have little to do with one's sexuality. It's something I discuss quite often in the workshops and presentations I've been doing.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #264 on: March 19, 2008, 07:58:35 PM »

I saw Xanadu last night and had great fun. It is possibly the most self referential show I have ever seen. Afterward my friend Andy and I went to a spanish restaurant nearby and had tapas and wine.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #265 on: March 19, 2008, 08:00:12 PM »

Tonight I met a friend for dinner at Chevy's- I'm making it a point to leave work on time every day this week.

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #266 on: March 19, 2008, 08:09:11 PM »

My friend Alan has written a book about 3-D Numerology.

Hmmmm.... "My friend Alan" contains exactly 12 letters. "Bruce S. Kimmel" contains exactly 12 letters. "Haines His Way" contains exactly 12 letters. "American Idol" contains exactly 12 letters.

Are you telling me that's a coincidence?!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2008, 08:19:41 PM »

The rain finally arrived and it was a nice long, soaking rain - just what we needed.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #268 on: March 19, 2008, 08:23:21 PM »

I watched HIDALGO tonight for the first time all the way through. Very entertaining adventure story, perhaps a little long, but certainly interesting and some very exciting sequences. Viggo made a very alluring cowboy.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

FJL

« Reply #269 on: March 19, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »

America has so much responsibility that it's just not fair that America should be responsible for picking the next supermodel as well.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up