Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: SOME KNOCKOFF FISH FROM GUAM  (Read 47179 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:SOME KNOCKOFF FISH FROM GUAM
« Reply #360 on: March 26, 2008, 08:46:42 PM »

I would welcome some vibes, but I don't want to alarm anyone with today's traumatic events; so, let's just say that I need a few injury vibes from my friends the DRs of HHW.

:o

I'm guessing it's more than a stubbed toe, but less than full-body traction.

~~~~~~Feel Better/Get Better VIBES for 'td'~~~~~~~~
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #361 on: March 26, 2008, 08:47:31 PM »

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #362 on: March 26, 2008, 08:47:49 PM »

Sorry, Ron, but I since I doubt that you watch/listen to O'Reilly more than once a year, I can't count on your scorecard as being accurate.

Sorry, S. Woody, but since Mr. O'Reilly has never said an "honest" word on the air that I have ever heard, I have to tell you you are probably correct -- my life and my sanity are far too precious than to subject myself to that man's verbal farts!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #363 on: March 26, 2008, 08:48:34 PM »

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

And "Gee" isn't considered cliche!

FJL

« Reply #364 on: March 26, 2008, 08:50:28 PM »

TCB - Thanks for asking.   The three workshop performances in Issaquah are still scheduled for around Memorial Day weekend.  The director and we are dithering and dathering and hemming and hawing about whether they should be Thursday-Saturday-Sunday (maybe, just maybe, giving us time to do some tweaking between Thursday and Saturday, since the cast will apparently be on book) or Friday-Saturday-Sunday (giving us an all-weekend run, which might have other benefits).  The theater hasn't been putting any pressure on any of us to just decide on the performance schedule already, and I think they don't really need that much lead time to start selling tickets - it's a smallish theater, 250 or so seats.  They announced that we're doing the workshop in a newsletter to their donors, but we're still two months away.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 08:54:19 PM by FJL »

Cillaliz

« Reply #365 on: March 26, 2008, 08:51:41 PM »

VIBES TO TD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #366 on: March 26, 2008, 08:51:54 PM »

VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2008, 08:55:35 PM »

Well...  Now I've caught up with "American Idol" - some surprises, but no real shockers...

My eyes are tired.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #368 on: March 26, 2008, 08:55:45 PM »

Der B has a doctor's appointment for early tomorrow, so I'd better get to bed so I can get him up in time.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2008, 09:00:25 PM »

Congrats to DR VIXMOM on her wonderful loss....would that I could do the same!!!

Injury repair vibes for DRtd.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #370 on: March 26, 2008, 09:00:30 PM »

So, you admit you "skipped" gym all through high school?  Is this the kind of example you want to set for the Vixter?

(Do the math, it's actually a complement!)

I know ... since that was the end of college gym for me!! Thanks!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #371 on: March 26, 2008, 09:03:02 PM »

TCB - Thanks for asking.   The three workshop performances in Issaquah are still scheduled for around Memorial Day weekend.  The director and we are dithering and dathering and hemming and hawing about whether they should be Thursday-Saturday-Sunday (maybe, just maybe, giving us time to do some tweaking between Thursday and Saturday, since the cast will apparently be on book) or Friday-Saturday-Sunday (giving us an all-weekend run, which might have other benefits).  The theater hasn't been putting any pressure on any of us to just decide on the performance schedule already, and I think they don't really need that much lead time to start selling tickets - it's a smallish theater, 250 or so seats.  They announced that we're doing the workshop in a newsletter to their donors, but we're still two months away.

I am looking forward to hearing how this progresses!  

I love your show!

vixmom

« Reply #372 on: March 26, 2008, 09:04:26 PM »

JUst caught up... AMy I am so sorry for your recent losses... you and yours will be added to the prayer list!

Cillaliz

« Reply #373 on: March 26, 2008, 09:04:29 PM »

Paul has an opening for his art exhibit at the Sioux City Art Center on Friday. He is a basket case, lol. He's really very well known and respected as an artist locally, but his show is more about his stencil graffiti, litter art etc that he was doing in New York City back in the early 80s.  It's pretty funny actually, right when the city is trying to stamp out graffiti and litter, they are honoring Paul for graffiti and litter.  Here's a link to the show.  http://www.siouxcityartcenter.org/exhibitions/introduction.asp?key=141  
There is also a link to images and an essay.

It's nothing like what he does now, so it's really fun to see a part of his history.  He has friends from all over the country flying in to be here. It will be a very interesting weekend.

vixmom

« Reply #374 on: March 26, 2008, 09:04:48 PM »

VIBES for all and to all a good night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #375 on: March 26, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »

Tonight he begged me to go out for a drink. I went but ended up eating instead of drinking.  So, I'll have to make up for that tomorrow.  He is working so hard to put this together and is so worried about everything. I"ll be glad when the day finally gets here

Cillaliz

« Reply #376 on: March 26, 2008, 09:06:52 PM »

Congrats on the weight loss Vixmom! It's inspiring. I've lost 10, but I may have put some of it back on tonight, lol

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #377 on: March 26, 2008, 09:09:05 PM »

I hope it's nothing too serious, DR td, and that you feel better/get better very quickly.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #378 on: March 26, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »

I finished HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE. I've watched it many, many times, but I think this is only the second or third time I've seen it on Blu-ray. Superb picture and with that uncompressed 5.1 soundtrack, impressive!

Matt H.

« Reply #379 on: March 26, 2008, 09:16:07 PM »

After that, I watched, of all things, BATMAN - THE MOVIE. No, not the Tim Burton movie with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson.

No, this is the 1966 Adam West-Burt Ward BATMAN movie made between the second and third seasons of the show. I had read that Fox is going to put this out on Blu-ray this summer, and since I had it but had only watched it once years ago, I thought I'd watch it again upconverted.

It's not a good movie, and it's actually the TV series stretched out to almost two hours with the four top villains of the show all crammed into one movie. A mess. Yes, there are some funny bits, and it's nice to see the TV trappings in a wider frame and with excellent color. But those wider trappings also reveal the tattiness of the standing sets like the Bat Cave.

Anyway, this version will do just fine. It actually looked superb upconverted. Not a movie I would watch that much more often just becuase it was on Blu-ray, so I'll pass on it.

Matt H.

« Reply #380 on: March 26, 2008, 09:20:14 PM »

One movie that came today was the HD-DVD of two ROAD movies with Hope and Crosby. I chose THE ROAD TO BALI, and it looked really superb. The movie has been in the public domain for a long time, and the DVD I had was really rather crummy with a soft picture and a soundtrack that sounded very worn.

The HD-DVD version of BALI looked and sounded wonderful. This one has excellent songs in it ("Moonflowers," "To See You Is to Love You," "The Merry-Go-Run-Around"), and the sharpness and Technicolor saturation was all one could hope for.

td

• td
« Reply #381 on: March 26, 2008, 09:21:01 PM »

Goodnight, my lovelies!   :-*
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

« Reply #382 on: March 26, 2008, 09:22:18 PM »

I also peeped at THE ROAD TO RIO (on the same disc), and it looked rather weak. The telecine operator didn't have enough contrast on the image so it looked overly dim. Sharp enough but the blacks are all washed out. The DVD I have of this looks much better in terms of contrast and grayscale. I may put the DVD on tomorrow just to make sure my memory isn't faulty.

Matt H.

« Reply #383 on: March 26, 2008, 09:22:52 PM »

Goodnight, my lovelies!   :-*

Good night!

Be well!

Matt H.

« Reply #384 on: March 26, 2008, 09:25:52 PM »

I skimmed through the IDOL results. How sad that only one of the three in the bottom three was one of the weakest last night. The one going home has never been a favorite but this singer was certainly not the worst one last night.

However, as Paula said, somebody's going to go home, and I'd be surprised if ANY of these three have a real shot at winning, so it's no great loss.

I do hate that the two singers with the worst pitch problems will be back again next week. Ugh!

Matt H.

« Reply #385 on: March 26, 2008, 09:44:22 PM »

No writing to do and nothing to download tonight, so I'm going to get to bed early for a change!

Good night!

Tomovoz

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #387 on: March 26, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »

DR BrettySpaghetti - Did you catch Paul Rudnick's column in "The New Yorker" a couple of weeks ago?  It was a great account about the inspiration and creation of I Hate Hamlet.

Dang, I missed that! But I subscribe to the NYer, and haven't thrown an issue away for about two years, so I'll go hunt it down. Thanks!

FJL

« Reply #388 on: March 26, 2008, 11:24:33 PM »

Since we're almost at page 14

FJL

« Reply #389 on: March 26, 2008, 11:24:49 PM »

Might as well...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up