Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: UNO DE MAYO  (Read 64000 times)

Cillaliz

Re:UNO DE MAYO
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2008, 07:56:42 AM »

There are about 8 of us waiting for a plane.  Gotta love these little airports.  No lines etc. But they have the tightest security I've seen anywhere. Guess the TSA doesn't have much else to do.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2008, 07:59:02 AM »

Thanks for the reminders, MATTH. I'm so out of the TV habit that I tend to forget about UGLY BETTY, which I do enjoy. I probably would have forgotten.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2008, 07:59:46 AM »

Re:  The Legrand Album.  It's quite luscious, though a bit "staid" compared to some of his other stuff.  All of the Columbia albums featuring composers that came out in that era are great.  My particular fave (which should be no suprise to anyone) is the Percy Faith Gershwin set.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2008, 07:59:49 AM »

The morning has flown and I've gotta split, got an appointment soon.

Will try to recall other TOD films.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2008, 08:03:05 AM »

Vixter: Avert your eyes!

dlkklklkf fdk ';clms kjdkj jfdkdkjf;lkjzdf;lk skjd;fkj;lkj So it's May!  Tra-frackin'-la! djdkljkl;jr djdjkf;lkjl;df fjd;lksjf ;kjsdfklj ;
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2008, 08:06:32 AM »

Thanks for the reminders, MATTH. I'm so out of the TV habit that I tend to forget about UGLY BETTY, which I do enjoy. I probably would have forgotten.

I enjoy doing them so you're welcome. And since I'm a TV-aholic, they're easily accomplished.

:)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2008, 08:07:20 AM »

I can't believe it's May! What happened to April? Good lord, does time ever pass quickly nowadays!

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2008, 08:08:19 AM »

Guess I need to head down now and think about cleaning up for my lunch outing with friends. Also need to check the mail to see if there are any surprises awaiting me.

WBBL.

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2008, 08:08:51 AM »

I enjoy doing them so you're welcome. And since I'm a TV-aholic, they're easily accomplished.

Admitting it is the first step to conquering an addiction   ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2008, 08:09:58 AM »

I can't believe it's May! What happened to April? Good lord, does time ever pass quickly nowadays!

April was a long month for me.  I'm thinking thank god it's FINALLY over.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2008, 08:12:38 AM »

I swear I don't know how it's possible, but whatever tummy ailment BK had/has seems to have migrated north to Oakland as my tummy is unsettled and just a yitbit queasy.

What's a "yitbit" you may ask yourself...or no one, in particular?

For a couple of summers in high school, I worked for my father during summer vac.  At that time, he had a small home improvement company.  One of the "day laborers" (DL) on the work crew to which I was assigned had a speech impediment.  Whenever he was assisting the chief carpenter in framing something, or lining up a piece of lumber, the two would engage in a rather odd exchange of information which included the two words "a little bit".  "Move it a little bit to the right (or left)"  is what you would expect to hear.

Mr. Heaton, the carpenter (who always seemed to have precisely one drop of perspiration languishing on  the tip of his nose) was a colorful character.  Among his pet phrases was "I'm satisfied..."  as in "I'm satisfied it's going to be a hot day today;"  "I'm satisfied that lunch will taste mighty good today;" and "I'm satisfied that we'll get XXXXX done before quittin' time."

Anyway...Heaton and this DL (whose name eludes me, but was very appropriate to him) would speak in what seemed like a code.  Heaton would ask, "Do I need to come to you?" (meaning, of course, should I slide the board a little bit your way?).  DL would reply "Yitbit".  Or Heaton would ask if he left enough room for something.  DL would say "Yitbit".  

For the longest time -- you'll be amazed, I'm sure --  I never associated "Yitbit" with "a little bit" but allowed myself to fancy it was some strange carpenter/DL "speak."

Did I go on too long and stray off the topic here?  Yitbit!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 08:20:59 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »

SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES FOR DRS CILLA & JOSE!

singdaw

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2008, 08:16:56 AM »

Which one, Singdaw?

It's called NATUFURAHI SIKU YA LEO, [or "Let Us Rejoice This Day"], aranged by Boniface Mganga, and part of the Anton Armstrong Choral Series.  One World, Many Voices.  :)

And thanks for your input on the Legrand album.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2008, 08:17:13 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Well, the only one that comes to mind right now - besides "The Red Balloon" - is Bambi Meets Godzilla.

;D

*I still remember seeing this for the first time on "Saturday Night Live" many, many years ago.  It still makes me giggle.

I don't remember which movie theater we were at, or what movie was showing the first time we saw it, just how hard we laughed.

singdaw

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2008, 08:18:27 AM »

I know not of what DR RLP speaks.    8)

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2008, 08:18:43 AM »

I loved Bambi meets Godzilla

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2008, 08:19:11 AM »

Better sign off. they are opening up the screening to go to the gate, so I'll sign off now.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2008, 08:21:39 AM »

tummy vibes to those who need them :)

Jane

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2008, 08:22:00 AM »

Cilla, have a nice flight

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2008, 08:25:27 AM »

Last night's "American Idol" result was mildly disappointing.  It should have been a "guy" going home.

That he wasn't "bottom two" simply repulses me.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 08:25:43 AM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »

For Lorna Luft fans....my buddy Charles Bloom (former child actor, current playwrite and song writer and son of my interviewee, actress Carolyn Kearney) sent me this notice. I am posting it here as it seems like something some of you might find interesting:

Friends:

As you’ll recall from a few past e-mails, my work is often played on the popular Musical Theatre radio program, BROADWAY AT BEDTIME which originates in Melbourne, Australia. The host is performer, pianist and director, Will Conyers.

Tonight’s show is, indeed, a special one. Will’s in-studio guest will be Lorna Luft. She’ll be recounting, among other things, many memories about life with her mother, Judy Garland, and will be discussing her new cd, SONGS MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME.  .

The show will air at 10pm tonight (NYC time) and 7pm in Los Angeles.

During the broadcast, two of my songs, WHAT’S A WOMAN TO DO? and IT IS WHAT IT IS (from the musical, PABLO) will be played and I’m extending you an invitation to listen in. It should be a fun, insightful show and, needless to say, I’m flattered that Will is sharing my work with Ms. Luft and have it heard alongside so many venerable classics.

Tuning in is easy. Just go to the stations’ website: www.joy.org.au

Click on “Listen”. Then go to one of the 4 systems by which to connect.

The 2nd one listed, REALPLAYER, should be the most compatible with computers. If not, try one of the other 3. After that, in about 20 seconds, you’ll be connected and will hear the show.

So, if any of you free at 10 tonight with a couple of hours to bend an ear, I think you’re ears will thank you, as will Will, as well. :) - For further information, go to the BAB website: www.broadwayatbedtime.com

Feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone whom you think would enjoy the show. Hope you are all happy, busy and productive…or, at least 2 of those 3.

As Ever,

Charlie

www.charlesbloomusic.com
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 08:48:22 AM by MBarnum »

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2008, 09:10:25 AM »

I was out of deodorant, and the brand I like seems to have discontinued the particular version that I like in the "unscented" variety, so I thought I'd try one of the scented versions.

This morning was my first experience with "Powder Fresh," and it will be my last.  The scent is obnoxious and it is driving me to distraction!   Ugh!!

That's weird. I am allergic to perfume and highly sensitive ot deodorant. But powder fresh (lady speed stick) is one of the only ones i can stand. I really love it.

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2008, 09:11:12 AM »

On tv for me tonight. I'm excited.

SURVIVOR.

UGLY BETTY.

LOST

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2008, 09:15:03 AM »

re: last night's AMERICAN IDOL

Last night's "American Idol" result was mildly disappointing.  It should have been a "guy" going home.

That he wasn't "bottom two" simply repulses me.

jaklfjda fkdjfajs f af asafkljda fkljdsaf87d98re rj er jelr jklj lkj lk jklj klj lkjl jyhu
I know exactly what you mean. It's one thing if he'd at least be in the bottom (since he's sucked the past few weeks - we're talking about jason). But for him to not be in the bottom at all when he has been bad is very odd. I just really hope that brooke's fans do not drift towards him. I will say that i am quite surprised that syesha is still around. She has been in the bottom quite a few times.  I was very sad to see brooke go.  Now my only hope is david cook.
ajfldajfdl fjaldja flj lafjfo87 fjkldf98afklf8f8fdf98 8 98 8 987 98fidaf ljljl jl;klj l

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »

My Only Hope is David Cook will be the sequel to my book Not One of the Davids (currently being edited).

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 09:52:36 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2008, 09:51:16 AM »

I, too, am looking forward to some decent TV this evening.  It's a BIG night for my TV-viewing tastes, with two programs on the WB ("Smallville" and "Supernatural"), three programs on ABC ("Ugly Betty", "Gray's Anatomy" and "Lost") and one program on CBS ("Survivor").  I've given up on CSI, plain and simply.  It's gotten stale, IMO.

I don't watch NBC Thursdays any more...not since "Friends" ended, actually.  I have watched episodes of all the NBC comedies on Thursdays and each left me oddly unamused.  Not one of them is a patch on "Friends" or "Frasier" or even "Seinfeld."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2008, 10:14:56 AM »

What is this?  Wussburger Thursday?

Where are all the Hainsies/Kimlets?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2008, 10:15:23 AM »

Must I frenzy to get us to page 4?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2008, 10:15:37 AM »

Shall I run amok?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2008, 10:16:07 AM »

Must I be singdawish?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up