Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ENJOYABLE WEEK  (Read 79200 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE ENJOYABLE WEEK
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2008, 09:37:05 AM »

Here is a question for all feline lovers:

Re: folks who love, but are living a life without, cats....are they what are referred to as "lapsed cat-licks"?

:)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:38:00 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2008, 09:38:32 AM »

[size=8]PAGE 5[/size]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ben

« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2008, 09:39:05 AM »

Well, after looking at a map last night it seems that all our sundried HHWers outside of New York are also out of the way as one drives to Fort Atkinson, WI. Anthony will be taking the northern route on Interstates 80/90 and then switch to 90 and 90/94, finally ending up on 94 to get to Fort Atkinson. All you Southern Staters (TD (PA), Ginny and Richard (OH) and Jack (IN) missed out on a visit from Anthony. Gas prices being what they are, side trips to Pittsburgh, Middletown and/or Mooresville don't look likely.

Ben

« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2008, 09:42:56 AM »

It's also not easy to get to Madison (the largest city close to Fort Atkinson) by plane if I want to visit while Anthony is in Wisconsin. I finally found a couple of good fares with nonstop flights but who knows what they will be like in a month or two. Most flights have at least one stop and some have 3!!! One of them takes you from LaGuardia to Boston to Cincinnati to Madison with a plane change at each stopover with total flying time hovering around 9 hours and that's without any delays.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2008, 09:48:38 AM »

Other weekend DVR-cache catchings-up observations:

Possible SPOILAGE

Ddldlfkelrkl  RR ;dflg;lk l'lk'r Q akjg;lkjqiu QwertyWordyDirtyBirdie singdawmarjoriedaycoleslaw.
"Ghost Whisperer" -- I always enjoy the show, but I am increasingly puzzled by the presence of Camryn Mannheim in a totally NOTHING role.  And is this show going to actually "go" somewhere in this truncated season?  By now, we should be in the middle of a shattering season-ending story arc.  All we know for certain, though, is that Melinda is "ready" to have a child.

"Moonlight" -- I thunk it more than a week ago and I think it even more now:  That new guy in the DA's office is most certainly being played up as a competing love interest for Beth's affections.  His role in the first episode was far too developed to be just another character in the story -- he was far too invasive into Beth's activities and far too suspicious-seeming of Mick's involvement in a murder case that he wanted the police to be left alone to handle.  At first, I thought they were setting him up to be one of the bad guys...and then it became clear he was being thrust into our living rooms as a "new character" in the series.  Thursday night's episode solidified that first impression for me...and previews for this week's show absolutely confirm it.  Whether he'll be allowed to live beyond the end of the season is the only question mark lingering in my mind. And so it goes, like the river flows, and time rushes on all the livelong, singdong Day.

End possible SPOILERS
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:50:35 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ginny

« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2008, 09:50:20 AM »

DR Ben - being somewhat familiar with that part of Wisconsin since Richard has been a student there for 2 years, I'd recommend flying into Milwaukee.  The airport is very easy to access and very convenient to I-94 westbound.  You'd probably find better flights into and out of there.

Also, someone at the seminary told me about a shuttle bus to Waukesha from O'Hare in Chicago.  Waukesha isn't too far from Fort Atkinson.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2008, 10:05:42 AM »

Ginny, thanks for the information! I'll look into it. I don't even know if/when I'm going, just that it will probably be sometime in September. I can certainly do a shuttle bus from O'Hare to Waukesha.

singdaw

« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2008, 10:29:29 AM »

Just attended a little seminar on Long Term Care insurance.  We have open enrollement on a new plan through work.  I'd love to get it, but boy is it E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E!!!!      :P

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - someone overslept, but then again, someone needed the sleep so all is well.  But I have to skeedaddle and deliver this here manuscript sitting on my table.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2008, 10:40:56 AM »

No questions?

Ben

« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2008, 10:45:14 AM »

Just attended a little seminar on Long Term Care insurance.  We have open enrollement on a new plan through work.  I'd love to get it, but boy is it E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E!!!!      :P

And the older you are the more expensive it becomes. My company doesn't offer it and I've been looking into it. Every year you wait adds about another $1000 to the yearly cost. Ouch!!! I don't wanna get old  :(

singdaw

« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2008, 10:52:46 AM »

Yeah!  Just put me out on the porch of the HHW Group Home in a rocker next to DR MBarnum and I'm good to go.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:55:48 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2008, 10:55:17 AM »

Interesting reading the transcript of the "online" chat last night with Mr. Stephen J. Sondheim.

Since they didn't present the questions to him in advance, and the session was limited to one hour, not too many questions got answered, while they were waiting for him to type out his replies.

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2008, 10:59:09 AM »

And the older you are the more expensive it becomes. My company doesn't offer it and I've been looking into it. Every year you wait adds about another $1000 to the yearly cost. Ouch!!! I don't wanna get old  :(

Here's an option that I've always found quite appealing:

No Nursing Home for Me
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »

DR Ginny -  ;D  ;D

singdaw

« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2008, 11:12:05 AM »

FOR ASK BK DAY:

Has Muse Margaret or one of your proofers ever made a suggestion that caused you to alter one of your manuscripts in any significant way?

singdaw

« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2008, 11:21:20 AM »

Here are the winners of last night's MAC cabaret awards.

Ben

« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2008, 11:23:51 AM »

No Nursing Home for Me

Ginny, I've changed my  :( to a  ;D

Thanks for the link.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »

Some drama in the editing room with CNN reporter Richard Quest today...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

td

• td
« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2008, 11:24:24 AM »

Here are the winners of last night's MAC cabaret awards.

It's so nice to see Jim Caruso's Cast Party as a winner!  DR EvilTwin sings there most Monday nights!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

singdaw

« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2008, 11:30:32 AM »

For you personally, DR Edisaurus?    :(

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2008, 11:35:33 AM »

I don't wanna get old  :(

I do! It beats the alternative.

I just didn't think it would happen quite so soon.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2008, 11:38:50 AM »

And the word of the day is: ENDUE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  TRUE LOVE

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2008, 11:38:55 AM »

No Nursing Home for Me

Ginny, I had a similar experience on a cruise--I think mine was on a Holland-America cruise. But the lady I saw said she'd been on far more than four cruises. Given how many ships have been added in recent years, your chances of getting a healthy discount are now even greater.

singdaw

« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2008, 11:40:36 AM »

News is getting worse from Myanmar...    :(

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2008, 11:47:47 AM »

I think maybe I should feel insulted by that. (...and I can hear Elmore laughing right now)

;D ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2008, 11:50:03 AM »

From Bruce:
And check out this clever preview they put together:
www.chancetheater.com/season_2...ain/preview.php

Very nice, almost as nice as the review :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2008, 11:52:43 AM »

Could be - but she has a LOT of support here for one reason or another.  If you saw her speech last night on TV, you saw her base in Indiana....scary looking.  8)

Watch out, JRAND, I'm still one of the Hillary people who won't vote for Obama

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2008, 11:53:22 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANISE!!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2008, 11:53:43 AM »

SAFE TRAVEL VIBES TO DR JOSE!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up