Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BODICE RIPPER  (Read 54916 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE BODICE RIPPER
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2008, 04:49:34 PM »

PAGE SIX DANCE!!  The Seattle Storm Swing!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:50:28 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2008, 05:00:35 PM »

Gotta go...until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2008, 05:13:49 PM »

OMG, I just watched yesterday's GHOST WHISPERER. And it must have gone over by a few seconds.

jdfajoidauf oiduf8da7f98d7f98d7f98d7 f987af987 9f 87af987 f98 7sa f98 s
I got melinda walking to the door. And then ...
Can anyone tell me what happened??
fdafd7f8d7f98d7f98d 7fdf df8d7fdfj il ufe rfjej fld fjodfjldjfldjflj ljiuoiuoi0970

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2008, 05:20:33 PM »

DR MattH, thanks for the info re: MEN IN TREES.

I had not heard it per se (that it was cancelled). But i saw a remark somewhere that led me to believe it was potentially cancelled.

It's not one of my favorites. But i did like it.

Do you happen to know if there will still be more episodes this season?

I wouldn't be that upset about the show being cancelled. But only if there is some kind of ending this season.

Michael

« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2008, 05:23:29 PM »

DR. Elmoore:

I listened to the audio tape of The Persuasion. I believe I am correct but the final dance is a sped up version of the intro to How To Handle A Woman? Am I?

Also I think I still may have it in storage in Montreal, but I have a Living Strings (I think) recording of Broadway material (maybe Camelot in particular) and it has a recording of The Quests. I will be in Montreal at the end of the month and I will look for it if you are interested in having a recording of it. (Or anyone else for that matter)
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2008, 05:23:57 PM »

Well, it's officially summer in Middletown, OH - Richard and I just had dinner from

The Jug

It's just up the street from us, open only in the summer, and only on the weekends until June 1.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2008, 05:26:04 PM »

I don't use spell check, unless there is a word that i am unsure of.  I will say that I've always found spelling quite easy.  And it does bug me when people spell words incorrectly.  But not enough to get too upset about!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2008, 05:27:08 PM »

I'm back from a long day of doing things like trading books and eating.  I have in my garage about thirty boxes of books that were formerly in my bedroom closet having no room on my bookshelves.  Most of them are signed, most are in primo condition and most are mysteries, but I also had a few duplicates of good titles.  So, I went through the first three boxes I could find and pulled out about four books out of the seventy-five or so I looked at - I kept those and took the others to Bookfellows to trade.  He had enough copies of most of them but he did pull out about fifteen books or so and I got three hundred bucks in credit and was able to get a few really nice books that were in primo condition and of much more interest to me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2008, 05:28:41 PM »

Now, here's the question - before I go take these to another bookstore, would any of you be interested in a list of the remaining titles - as I said, they're all really terrific, shape-wise, many are signed, many are excellent books, both mysteries and otherwise, and none will be priced higher than ten bucks, most at five.  No book clubs, all minty fresh first editions.  Let me know if there's interest and I'll list 'em.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2008, 05:29:02 PM »

I? I? I'm more concerned about your compulsion to stick your nose in places that clearly tell you in print to butt out.

;D ;D

Jennifer

« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2008, 05:29:32 PM »

I'm not sure what we will do for Mother's Day tomorrow. My mom wants to take my niece to the park for a picnic lunch. I think it is supposed to be quite warm and sunny (70Fish).

Tomorrow is also my aunt's birthday. And she is having a party at a nice restaurant.

And then hopefully i will get to watch SURVIVOR at some point. I cannot wait for that!

Jane

« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2008, 05:34:15 PM »

I'm sure no one will be surprised that I need a new computer.  ;D  

Keith has decided it won't be a laptop this time.  Bryan's lucky my laptop expired AFTER we gave him Keith's old computer.  

Keith is feeding Sherlock giving me a chance to post.

Jane

« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2008, 05:36:13 PM »

DR Jennifer, it sounds as if you are going to have a nice day tomorrow.  If Bryan weren't in the middle of packing I might have requested we spend the weekend in Portland.

Jennifer

« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2008, 05:44:39 PM »

I found this about last night's GHOST WHISPERER.

I think i just must have missed a few seconds.

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=c1b9aaf86d1adad2b6ff60ca68b74514&showtopic=3127720&st=1470
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 05:45:59 PM by Jennifer »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2008, 05:49:32 PM »

Well... That report doesn't surprise.  However, my big "bug worry" about the subways are the spiders.  I've actually been bitten twice on my legs. Ouch!  :-\

well now I will never ride again

I can't like them sipers
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2008, 06:01:49 PM »

I found this on Broadwayworld.com

Adrian Bailey,  an ensemble member in the cast of The Little Mermaid on Broadway, was injured after a fall through a trap door prior to the start of the Saturday matinee. The actor, who fell approximately 20 feet on to the stage, was conscious and taken to Bellevue Hospital for evaluation.  Bailey broke both wrists during the fall. The show began about an hour later without further incident and the evening show will run as scheduled.

BroadwayWorld.com sends positive thoughts and prayers towards Adrian for a quick and speedy recovery!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2008, 06:04:37 PM »

I shall now be on my way to see The Brain From Planet X.  I wonder how the matinee went - this was the first performance they were on their own to choose the Brain Tap mark - I'm curious to see how it went.

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2008, 06:48:58 PM »

Sounds like there were some very bad tornadoes just south of Joplin, where jhvw lives.  I just got a report through the family that it didn't hit where they live and they are all ok.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2008, 07:23:16 PM »

Glad to hear Cillla.

'night

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2008, 07:37:02 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
[/color][/b]

DR SAMANTHA!!
[/color][/b]

(We have missed you)  :'(
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2008, 07:42:11 PM »

Now, here's the question - before I go take these to another bookstore, would any of you be interested in a list of the remaining titles - as I said, they're all really terrific, shape-wise, many are signed, many are excellent books, both mysteries and otherwise, and none will be priced higher than ten bucks, most at five.  No book clubs, all minty fresh first editions.  Let me know if there's interest and I'll list 'em.

I would love to have a list, BK!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2008, 07:55:15 PM »

Well, I am sorry to read that some people are offended by those of us who make occasional spelling errors.  Considering the fact that I am a very anal retentive person, I can assure you, that when those errors occur, they are unintentional.  However, having said that, I am certainly not going to lose any sleep over it; so if it bothers someone, I guess that is their problem, not mine.
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2008, 08:05:36 PM »

Happy Birthday, Sam! Hope you come back more frequently. Have a fun day!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2008, 08:07:16 PM »

I'm usually a good speller, getting all the letters right---just not in the correct order!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2008, 08:10:52 PM »

We had an early Mother's Day celebration, since she is going up to see my brother on Sunday. (His birthday was this week.) So we cooked breakfast for her and her partner---I consider him my step-father----and then took them on the Connoisseur's Garden Tour. We did 3 gardens and then we took them out for lunch at a French bakery. Yummy!

Then we did 3 more gardens but they were too tired to do the last tow, so I may try and go tomorrow, and take my gardening show producer. But strong storms are expected, so it may be a wash.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2008, 08:12:00 PM »

DR MattH, thanks for the info re: MEN IN TREES.

I had not heard it per se (that it was cancelled). But i saw a remark somewhere that led me to believe it was potentially cancelled.

It's not one of my favorites. But i did like it.

Do you happen to know if there will still be more episodes this season?

I wouldn't be that upset about the show being cancelled. But only if there is some kind of ending this season.

The last time it was mentioned, ABC's plans were to show the remaining unaired episodes this summer on Wednesday nights once BOSTON LEGAL completes its season. Those plans may have changed, however, since I read that some weeks ago. They've paid for the shows; they might as well show them. However, they also paid for other shows like EYES and never showed all of those episodes either.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2008, 08:13:21 PM »

I'm a fair speller but a LOUSY typist, so lots of times I know how to spell but what pops up on-screen isn't what I was going for. My mood determines whether I go back and modify or just leave it.

Edisaurus

« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2008, 08:14:11 PM »

The first garden we went to was one of my favorites, it was so unusual and personal. I imagined it belonged to someone who was an artist.

The owner has her own garden design business, specializing in edible gardens that require little water. She gave me her brochure for her business. I noticed her name: Vanessa Vadim. I said, "Oh, like the director". She said "Yes, he was my father"!

So we were talking to Jane Fonda's daughter. Who knew?

She was very nice, and knowledgeable about plants!

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2008, 08:16:16 PM »

I spent the entire evening with NATIONAL TREASURE 2: BOOK OF SECRETS. (The on-screen title leaves out the "2.")

Bigger but not necessarily better than the first. Lots of stunts, more elaborate chases, bigger sets, etc. A sequel to a hit franchise always tries to outdo the first. I don't think this one succeeded in hooking my interest as much as the first one did in terms of wrapping the story around historical artifacts. This is bigger and louder but for me was not as good a time to watch.

The Blu-ray is stunning to look at, and it has a Dolby TrueHD soundtrack that's state of the art, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2008, 08:18:05 PM »

I finished the movie around 9. I took the next two hours with the bonus features. To their credit, every bonus feature on the disc is in high definition, either 1080i or 1080p. (That was definitely NOT the case with the first NATIONAL TREASURE Blu-ray. Only three of the bonuses were in HD.)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up