Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FOR ALL YOU MOTHERS OUT THERE IN THE DARK  (Read 56673 times)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
Re:FOR ALL YOU MOTHERS OUT THERE IN THE DARK
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2008, 11:01:01 AM »

TODAY IS IRVING BERLIN'S BIRTHDAY-HE WAS BORN ON MAY 11,1888 and Would Have Been 120 Years Old Today. He Died when he was 101 Years Old.

Asked to define Berlin's Place in American Music Jerome Kern said He had None. " IRVING BERLIN IS AMERICAN MUSIC"

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2008, 11:01:46 AM »

Good Morning!

Now I'm up, I'm up!  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2008, 11:07:15 AM »

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2008, 11:08:43 AM »

Good Day, DR Danise!

Enjoy your new TV set up!  -And enjoy staying off your feet/foot today too!
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2008, 11:09:50 AM »

Congrats to Danise on her new telly....

I am hoping my nice entertainment center will be enough now. I will keep the old beater telly for a bit in the puter room until it dies....  I do have to say the old one is nearly 20 years old and has worked well. The picture was pretty good on it until the few months. I suspect that the tube is slowly going. There are days it takes a bit of time to warm up. The audio is wonky to say the least.

We can't put tellys in the landfill here and they wont pick them up. However, once a month there are a couple of places that open for collecting old tellys and puter equipment.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »

~~~~~SAFE FROM THE STORM VIBES FOR THOSE DRS AND THEIR FAMILIES IN MISSOURI AND GEORGIA~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2008, 11:10:47 AM »

Thank you, DR Jose.  I feel sorry for the dogs.  I know they wanted to go to the dog park and it was my plan to take them but now I feel like we'll just enjoy the rest of the day at home.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2008, 11:11:45 AM »

Jose,

Thanks for sharing your travels in Hollywood. It was great fun seeing the pics.

Lovely picture of you and PennyO!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2008, 11:12:27 AM »

TODAY IS IRVING BERLIN'S BIRTHDAY-HE WAS BORN ON MAY 11,1888 and Would Have Been 120 Years Old Today. He Died when he was 101 Years Old.

Asked to define Berlin's Place in American Music Jerome Kern said He had None. " IRVING BERLIN IS AMERICAN MUSIC"

Indeed he is...

Irving Berlin and several others helped define American Music.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2008, 11:13:03 AM »

Healing vibes for Danise's foot!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2008, 11:14:32 AM »

Vibes of safety to those in harm's way....

The southeast has been battered this year with tornadoes. They need the rain but not the tornadoes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2008, 11:14:46 AM »

Well, at least it's Mother's Day and not Father's Day since this Father is most likely not having a good day...

Archuleta's Dad Banished from "Idol"
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »

I wish I was in Los Angeles with DR Jose! We would have fun hoofing (and eating) around the town, I think.

MBarnum

« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2008, 11:15:28 AM »

That was a fun BrettyS wedding song! LOL!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2008, 11:15:54 AM »

Thank you, DR Jose.  I feel sorry for the dogs.  I know they wanted to go to the dog park and it was my plan to take them but now I feel like we'll just enjoy the rest of the day at home.

I'm sure the dogs will find something to watch on your new TV.  -Do you get the National Geographc Channel?  You could watch "The Dog Whisperer".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2008, 11:16:33 AM »

I wish I was in Los Angeles with DR Jose! We would have fun hoofing (and eating) around the town, I think.

"I think."  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2008, 11:16:35 AM »

After walking past a Ralph's where there were about six policemen with the their guns drawn(!!), I hopped on a bus - the 212 - down to Pico.

Once I was down at Pico, I stopped in here:

Yeah, good old Ralph's.  They really enforce their "No Loitering" policy.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2008, 11:18:08 AM »

Dog Bosco and I took our walk around the neighborhood...Freddy followed us about a block and then found a yard that looked like it needed exploring.

Now I await my sister's arrival...we are taking mom out to lunch at Macedonia Greek Restaurant which is downtown inside the Reed Opera House.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2008, 11:18:54 AM »

And as for my virtual walking tour of Los Angeles and Hollywood, You're Very Welcome.  :)

*As I was going back through my pictures from yesterday, it turns out I had taken pics of at least 50 different Stars' stars.  Thatsa a lotta stars!
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2008, 11:19:43 AM »

Congrats to Danise on her new telly....

I am hoping my nice entertainment center will be enough now. I will keep the old beater telly for a bit in the puter room until it dies....  I do have to say the old one is nearly 20 years old and has worked well. The picture was pretty good on it until the few months. I suspect that the tube is slowly going. There are days it takes a bit of time to warm up. The audio is wonky to say the least.

We can't put tellys in the landfill here and they wont pick them up. However, once a month there are a couple of places that open for collecting old tellys and puter equipment.

If the old telly hadn't been so big, I would have considered puting it into my room.  It just wouldn't have fit.

The old entertainment center, while big enough for the old telly, would have been just a little to small for the new one.

I'm lucky that it seems almost everything I put out on the curb gets taken.  I was just sitting down to watch a bit on the HD TV when a guy knocked at my door and inbetween dogs barking, I was able to make out that he wanted to know if he could have the old set.  I told him to have at--it still works.

It really wasn't my plan to get the new TV put like I said, sometimes things just come together at odd times.  Getting the money back from the government and the birthday money plus the cable box going out when it did just added up to it.  

I was going to wait until I took out the home improvement loan in the fall (if all goes well with the job) to get a new set but it's better to pay in cash if you have it.

That and the old TV threw so much heat with that tube.  It's already in the mid 80's now.  That made the house so much warmer.   I thought a flat panel would be cooler.  It does throws more heat then I thought but not like the old set.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2008, 11:21:38 AM »

I'm sure the dogs will find something to watch on your new TV.  -Do you get the National Geographc Channel?  You could watch "The Dog Whisperer".  ;)
:D  We do from time to time!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2008, 11:22:23 AM »

Yeah, good old Ralph's.  They really enforce their "No Loitering" policy.

It really was such a weird and scary(!) scene.  As I was approaching the store, a cop car pulled up by the sidewalk, the cop got out, drew his gun, and then took a position where he could see the front entrance.  Then as I looked further down the sidewalk, I saw a couple more cars parked down there, and there were a cluster of cops also with their guns drawn standing on the other side of the entrance.  Meanwhile, people were still walking out of Ralph's - and they didn't seem to be flustered or anything.  However, if anyone wanted to go in, the cops were waving them past.  I actually did stick around for a minute or two, but then just kept on walking... and walking... and walking...
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2008, 11:26:18 AM »

Well, I think I'm going to go take a short nap.  I'm a little tired.  

Laters all.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2008, 11:31:21 AM »

Well, I need to get ready for the rest of my day.  I went ahead and got a ticket for this afternoon's Los Angeles Philharmonic concert at the Disney Concert Hall.  It should be a good afternoon of music: Hindemith's "Mathis der Mahler Symphony", and Mahler's "Das Lied von der Erde".

And then after the concert, I shall be hopping on the 10 Bus to get to Melrose and Fairfax in order sup tonight with bk and friend(s) at Genghis Cohen!  :)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2008, 11:31:44 AM »

A good review of the Evening Primrose CD has been posted by Serkin over at Playbill.

Actually, it is Steven Suskin.  He mentions that OLYMPUS 7-0000 actually had an "Original Cast Recording."  Well, ON THE FLIP SIDE had an actual "Soundtack Recording," because I just about wore out the copy that I owned.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2008, 11:46:13 AM »

Congratulations on the new TV, Danise.

And, healing vibes for your foot!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=12]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size][/move]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2008, 12:10:23 PM »

Good afternoon, Fred. Happy Mother's Day.

“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2008, 12:13:56 PM »

I had called my Mom yesterday because sometimes the circuits are busy on Mother's day itself.    But then I called her again today and no busy circuits.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2008, 12:15:54 PM »

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY,
[/color][/b]

TO ALL WHO ARE, OR HAVE, OR HAD!
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »

...I danced quite a jig and said some rather choice words.  

If you need a larger collection of "choice words", contact DearReaderLaura - she has been whipping up a blue vocabulary for such occasions.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up