Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BILL NOTES  (Read 36274 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:THE BILL NOTES
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2004, 05:32:43 PM »

I will be leaving shortly, Dear Readers, to head to Walt Disney Concert Hall and hear the Los Angeles Master Chorale in a performance of Beethoven's Missa Solemnis.  I will check in when I return.

Jay, while you're gone we shall all miss you.
Your absence will be a solemn occasion - a Missa Solemnis so to speak.

Oh, that's just too silly, too silly I say!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2004, 05:33:08 PM »

Scrabble against the computer???  Tell me more!

Danise

« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2004, 05:53:35 PM »

It's just the PC version.  Like Chess or Life or Clue or (God help me for the HOURS I've played it), Shanghai.  It's you against the computer or if you have humans, they can play too.  Sometimes you can play the game on line against another human but I've never done it.

I wish we would have had this when I was growing up.  So many times there wasn't anyone to play a game with but the computer is always ready to play whatever you feel like as many times as you like.   :)

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2004, 06:10:59 PM »

Sometimes you can play the game on line against another human but I've never done it.

Danise,

Do you know the site? Perhaps some of us can arrange a human game.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 06:14:38 PM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2004, 06:11:48 PM »

I've just thought of another guilty pleasure: the novels of Rona Jaffe. The first I read was THE BEST OF EVERYTHING, the latest ROOM MATING.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2004, 06:13:37 PM »

Today we saw DAWN OF THE DEAD, Keith’s choice.  I’m not a fan of vampire movies, or of scary movies.  That is why during the preview of Hugh Jackman’s new movie VAN HELSING, I whispered to Keith “I want to see that”. :D  I mean the guys a hunk and the movie did look good.  I regress, back to DAWN OF THE DEAD.  I was pleased it did not focus on the vampires as much as a small group of people trying to survive.  The ending has been compared to the BLAIR WITCH effect and it was incredibly annoying. I could hardly look at the screen and could not read the titles.

Panni

« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2004, 06:17:45 PM »

I've been told that I post often about what I eat - something I haven't particularly noticed - but here I go again. I may indulge in another Guilty Pleasure: Not far from where I live is an ice cream place that has low carb, low fat, why bother ice cream. I happen to really like some of their flavors, others are like cardboard. But you can sample before buying and the flavors change often. I like to go down there with something to read, sit at a table  and people watch as I eat my quasi-ice cream. So that's what I'm going to do.

Jane

« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2004, 06:18:15 PM »

Danise Brandi may just have been use to sleeping outside & prefers it.  She is lucky to have found a home with you. :D

Jane

« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2004, 06:21:18 PM »

Danise,

Do you know the site? Perhaps some of us can arrange a human game.

Keith would like to play but can't because we don't have cable.  One day we will move into town so he can have cable instead of the satellite.

Panni

« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2004, 06:22:52 PM »

Jane - re DAWN OF THE DEAD - I was really surprised that Sarah Polley starred in that. I used to know here lovely mother, who died very young, when Sarah and her brother were kids, it think. Sarah looks very much like her. Anyway, Sarah is a highly principled young woman who very loudly stands up for her beliefs politically and in all other areas. Even though she's received brilliant reviews in small art films and been hailed by major critics as the "young Uma Thurman," she has turned down major roles because they did not fit in with her life view. So how come she's doing DAWN OF THE DEAD? (I suppose everyone has a price at some point, might be the answer.)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 06:24:34 PM by Panni »

Lulu

• "Big hair makes the rest of me look smaller!"
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2004, 06:31:36 PM »

Lulu, FLASH GORDON is a guilty pleasure for me, if for no other reason than Ornela Muti in a red skin-tight jumpsuit bound and splayed spread-eagle on some slab.

No!

Not THE BORE WORMS!!!!
NOW: Becca in "Rabbit Hole."

Jane

« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2004, 06:43:23 PM »

Panni, Sarah was very good in the movie.  Maybe she was just ready for a high profile movie.  There were parts of the movie I liked and found appealing, beginning with the character she portrayed.  My guess is these things in the script appealed to her.  

Danise

« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2004, 06:47:37 PM »

Was making one last swing by before hitting the hay==

DR Dan-in-Toronto  I pulled out my copy of  of the disk to read how to play online.  You have to buy the game to have access to the web site.  I don't think you have to have cable to play.  

Thanks for the kind words about Brandi, DR Jane.  Poor thing.  I often wonder what those people who had her before me did to her but then maybe I don't want to know.  

DAWN OF THE DEAD.  Sounds like a fun movie.  Those kind don't really scare me.  I know people at work who scare me more when they haven't had their morning coffee fix.  LOL!

Have a good evening all!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2004, 06:57:07 PM »

So how come she's doing DAWN OF THE DEAD? (I suppose everyone has a price at some point, might be the answer.)

The rent was due! LOL!

Panni

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2004, 06:57:31 PM »

Panni, Sarah was very good in the movie.  Maybe she was just ready for a high profile movie.  There were parts of the movie I liked and found appealing, beginning with the character she portrayed.  My guess is these things in the script appealed to her.  

Was her character an environmentalist? Or did the movie have some kind of environmental message?

Emily

« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2004, 06:58:35 PM »

What is eating snow like?  I didn't think you could eat snow anymore.  My Mom always tells that they did that when she was a kid but snow is so "dirty" now it's not safe.  

Even so, I've always wanted to try it.

Danise, actually maple tire (pronounced like "tier" in English) only uses snow as a way to instantly harden the hot syrup so that it seizes up.  Only after it gets cold does it have the right sticky, taffy consistency.  If done properly, you don't actually eat any snow :)

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jane

« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2004, 07:03:39 PM »

Was her character an environmentalist? Or did the movie have some kind of environmental message?

I can't stop laughing. ;D ;D ;D

Laura II

« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2004, 07:07:57 PM »

Whoa! I remember the maple tire "food" from Little House on the Prairie. I don't believe Laura Ingalls Wilder used that term, but I do recall that in one of the books, she talked about pouring syrup on snow to make candy.
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Jane

« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2004, 07:10:22 PM »

Panni I suppose if the living dead were to take over the world and continue to walk around like zombies, then there would not be any people left to pollute the earth.  ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2004, 07:14:11 PM »

Back from The Sopranos - strange episode - new writer, new director, but still fun.  My least favorite actor working today (for various reasons) Mr. John Pleshette, was in it.

Ben

« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2004, 07:22:37 PM »

Lulu: YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON TELEVISION! I remember that show very well. I was working for Nickelodeon at the time it was airing in the early, mid-80s. I was DangerMouse, running around the country in a white furry suit making personal appearances, opening malls, appearing at the Football Hall of Fame parade, etc. DM was on Nick in the afternoon right around the time of YCDTOT so I would watch my daily quotient of DM to get in the proper frame of mind (and also to answer the endless trivia questions kids would throw at me) and then I watched YCDT. I really enjoyed it. Groaning galore at the bad jokes, but still lots of fun. Thanks for bringing back a memory.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2004, 07:31:19 PM »

Just sitting down to watch a Bollywood movie that MBarnum was kind enough to send me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2004, 07:32:31 PM »

DerBrucer - Loved the story of Rover. And your parents sound like they were exceptional people.
I never got to meet der Brucer's mother, but his father was a loveable coot, very blue-collar Bunker up front and generous to a fault after a light scraping of the veneer.  We both miss him.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2004, 07:33:40 PM »

Something has to be done about my pic.  It's totally off the mark in pixel size.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2004, 07:35:59 PM »

Proposed Topic:  Guilty Pleasures
Some of mine...
Playing the Field by Mamie Van Doren, et. al.

Mamie's autobiography.  Need I say more?
Ah, if only Mamie Eisenhower had written an autobiography with the same title!   ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2004, 07:39:47 PM »

"Anastasia had had a mole cauterized, she had bunions on her feet, with it worse on her right foot, just like Anastasia."

I keep my shoes on at all times. It would be unseemly for royalty to do otherwise.
Showering is awkward, of course, and squishy for quite a while afterwards.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2004, 07:41:28 PM »

Night All.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2004, 07:45:36 PM »

It's just the PC version.  Like Chess or Life or Clue or (God help me for the HOURS I've played it), Shanghai.  
PC Life?  This sounds terribly dull.

Oh, you mean "personal computer."  Never mind.

(PC Clue is where you haven't got one.)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 07:46:14 PM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2004, 07:51:07 PM »

Guilty Pleasure: Hot'n'Spicy Pork Rinds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2004, 07:55:43 PM »

Since I didn't take part in yesterday's Pet Day, I thought I should, at least, show you a couple of pictures of my current babies.  First of all, the grande lady of the house, Angel:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 07:56:23 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up