Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: MEN WITH LOUD MACHINES  (Read 39319 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:MEN WITH LOUD MACHINES
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2004, 04:38:12 PM »

This one is 90!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2004, 04:50:19 PM »

Thanks Laura II.  I’m not familiar with the books so looked them up & found Bette Midler loves them.

Tomorrow morning my Wednesday hiking group is taking the annual hike on Table Rock to see the wildflowers.  Dogs aren’t allowed & I usually don’t go.  However I think I will sneak out tomorrow morning & go.  I won’t feel so guilty walking without Echo now.

Danise

« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2004, 04:54:40 PM »

Hi folks!  I’m back!

Let me get this rant off my chest and all will back to rights and I also promise not to mention it again. :-)

I just want to say that I never knew that sinus had anything to do with teeth.  I never knew that teeth could hurt as badly as mine did.  My most sincere wish is that none of you have that kind pain EVER!  I would never even  wish what happened to me to happen to my worst enemy.  I mean that.

The night guard isn’t as bad as I thought it would be.  I had the thing you see football players use in mind for what it would look like.  I didn’t think I could breath with something that large in my mouth.  It turned out to be very light and clear.  It fits so snug you don’t even know it’s there.  I don’t think I’ll have to much of a problem getting used to it.  I say that now but we see.

I learned two very valuable lessons from this.

1.) Doctor Danise is a quack who practices medicine without a license.  In her considered opinion, I was going to lose at least 4  teeth and wouldn’t THAT have been too too with my trips coming up?  I can see myself as gap toothed in NYC.  Ye ha.  Just call me vain that way.

2.) When your teeth start to hum, do NOT assume it is because they don’t know the words.  Get thee to a dentist/doctor ASAP!  

My teeth started to hurt the Saturday before last but did I take the time to get to the dentist on Monday, NOOOO, I waited until Thursday.  By then I was in real trouble.  Happy April Fools Day to me!  I was a fool alright.  

Now that I’ve rejoined the ranks of the carnivores (no more soft food for me!) I can’t begin to tell you how much I’m looking forward to my first steak tomorrow night.  Yum!  At this point, I don’t think I can look at another banana.  

I shall make merry and dance the horta and eat and eat and eat.  Well, as long as it’s low carb.   ;D

I’m sorry for any birthdays, vibes and anything else I’ve missed out on.  GOOD VIBES to all!  Errr except for teeth.  No more vibrating teeth.  Ever.  

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

I was so out of it, I didn’t realize this Sunday was Easter and we all know what means, don’t we? Jrand may have tried to tell me but I was in such a daze I didn’t catch it.  I need to change my dress to my Easter clothes!  I need an Easter bonnet!  I shall fix that post haste and be back.

Being out from work on Thursday and Friday put me a little behind on my reading but I did read yesterday and today, for example.

My four o’clocks are starting to come up!  I’m very excited to see what colors they turn out to be.  I was going to plant each seed but then thought they aren’t like that in the field and look beautiful.  I just mixed the different colored seeds in my hand, sprinkled them on the ground and hoped for the best.  

Thank you, Jane for all the e-mails.  They really did help.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2004, 05:28:52 PM »

Great news and advice DRDanise.

Tomorrow will absolutely be better DRJANE!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2004, 05:29:38 PM »

So glad you are feeling better, Danise. I knew that sinus trouble can cause tooth pain. I'm glad your dentist caught it.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2004, 05:59:52 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2004, 06:03:37 PM »

DR Danise:  I hope you are not, mouth breather that you are, a heavy snorer.

Why?

Because you may awaken one morning and not know where your mouthguard is.

I wore one for years.  At some point during the night, the guard would go sailing out of my mouth and land hither, thither and yon.

Once, one of the cats decided it was a toy.  I never used it again.

I use Breathe Right strips now...have used them for 10 years and they really help.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2004, 06:18:12 PM »

I'm in Tarnation, and it's not a New York State of Mind.  I check in and read the posts and if I have anything to add, I add it.  The TOTD seems to have slowed down a mite.  

I had a good time with Miss Charlotte Raines at SCOOBY DOO 2, and I'm back here working on Mickey & Judy.  I was invited to a preview performance of a comedy group at the Houseman tonight, but I had to work on the pops thing instead.  The producer's got another number to give me tomorrow morning.  'Night, all!  I'll check in and read some more posts later.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Robin

« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2004, 06:35:25 PM »

I dunno 'bout you, but I was watching Frasier, which guest-starred two (count 'em, two) of my favorite actresses...Jennifer Tilly and the divine Laura Linney, whom I have a crush on, even though I'm not inclined in her direction if you know what I mean and I think you do.
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2004, 06:35:32 PM »

Okay, where are the ham chunks, the party hats, and the streamers???  I just saw that we had gone over 36000 posts a little earlier, so I was sure there must have been a party going on at this here site.

Oh!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2004, 06:44:14 PM »

JRand53, all the good vibes and wishes are beginning to work.  Echo barked awhile ago, a sign that she is a bit better.  So yes, tomorrow should be better.

RLP images of your flying mouth guard & the cat are hysterical.  My children almost lost a couple of mouth contraptions to pets, from leaving them in various locations, not from snoring.

Danise I look forward to your Easter bonnet-and you are very welcome.

TCB we were waiting for you.

I’m feeling much better now. :D

td

• td
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2004, 06:45:12 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]MINX WISHES ECHO WELL WITH GOOD VIBES[/move]

. . .and adding to TOD:

I admit it, I listen to Backstreet Boys.   ;)
I also listen to Josh Groban.  ;)
and then, I also listen to Lang Lang.  ;)

MUSICAL WISE, I'd say that THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS is worthy of guilty-pleasure viewing.  
The Jose Ferrer-directed STATE FAIR is a hoot and a holler!  Especially, Missy Ann-Margret's "Isn't It Kinda Fun?" which I nominate as the finest example of guilty-pleasure musical sequences.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Danise

« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2004, 06:54:11 PM »

Back with my Easter outfit.  It’s the best I could do on short notice.

As for snoring.  I can assure you that I have never heard myself snore and being the lady I am, I am sure that if I did so it would be soft as a sigh.

The stories of the car alarms that were set off three floors above and below the one time I took a nap in a friends car at lunch are a set of  cruel lies told by extremely jealous people.  Besides, the wind was blowing very hard that day (I’m sure) and  the building must have been shook.   ::)   :D

Best vibes to Echo, Jane!

Well,  I have to go give this new Night Guard a try.  Have a good evening all~

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2004, 06:59:42 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]THANK YOU MINX![/move]

Jane

« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2004, 07:18:28 PM »

Danise I think I like your Easter outfit the best.  :D
Will you be able to post a photo of your four o’clocks?
Thanks for the good vibes. :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 07:20:02 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2004, 07:38:50 PM »

My father’s condo closed escrow today.  I’m happy & relieved, yet it’s somewhat bittersweet.  My sister’s condo will be closing soon (not that I ever wanted to go there).  It all just feels strange.  When I return to LA these places will no longer be part of my life, yet I will drive by or near them often.  

On that thought what new place shall I visit when we are in LA next month?  That place where the HHW gathering will be. :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2004, 08:00:16 PM »

Well, I'm trying.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2004, 08:08:28 PM »

Guilty Pleasures?  There ain't no guilt in pleasure!  ;)  If I like something, I like it and don't apologize for it.

Otherwise, "Xanadu" and "There's No Business Like Show Business" are about the only things that I could say qualify as "guilty pleasures."  I can't think of any play or musical that I really like that no one else does.  There are a lot that I know of that most don't, but that's not the same thing.

Anyway, my computer is still dead.  :'( I hope it's not a hopeless case.  My sister's boyfriend (my tech support) hasn't updated me on it's condition since yesterday when he lost the eBay auction for a new motherboard for my computer.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2004, 08:09:37 PM »

Poor Echo!  My dear poodle, Buttons, and I wish her a speedy recovery.

DR Jenny, don't be embarrassed about the book title! I've always wanted to read that series, just haven't gotten around to it.

Skip them, Laura.  They're really not very good.
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

Michael

« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2004, 08:11:50 PM »

A mixed day. Went to three different stores and ended up over paying for Meet Me in St. Louis. Have disc trouble with the #1. So back it goes tomorrow. But what I would like to know how much of an improvement is it really? Compared to the clips in the documentaries it is night and day, but compared to previous video releases how does it stack up. I was expecting something truely revolutionary with this new restoration process, and watched in on my HD TV but nothing special. And why aren't the lyrics to the songs present with the english lyrics but are available on closes captioning. This is not the first musical I have noticed it. Hello, Dolly was another.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2004, 08:13:02 PM »

Oh yes STATE FAIR and XANADU...I am beginning to think I don't watch anything but guilty pleasures.

DRCHARLESPOGUE'S DOA is on AMC in a bit!

Michael

« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2004, 08:13:44 PM »

as for the mixed day my father went in for another operation to clear up an infection that another doctor left behind! My sister called during the day at work. Something she never does. And of ourse I thought the worse. But he pulled through fine and is resting.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

I know what you mean DRMS....and DRMBARNUM will tell you....everything on a Bollywood DVD is captioned EXCEPT the musical numbers!

Michael

« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2004, 08:15:47 PM »

Oh yes I forgot to mention. My front door was replaced (Exciting I know but trying to get those posting up)

And my limited edition painting peter ellenshaw's Mary Poppins floating over Victorian England has arrived. Going to see it to tomorrow.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2004, 08:18:35 PM »

And talking of Mary Poppins I also noticed in Best Buy that those Mary Poppins kids are also in The Gnome Mobile. Not sure if I ever saw that film.

Half a Sixpence was $9.99 at Best Buy, $14.99 at Borders and $16.99 at Barnes and Noble. (All regular prices and not sale prices) I
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2004, 08:21:22 PM »

Michael Shayne GOOD VIBES to your father.

Jenny & Buttons, thank you.

TCB and a fine job you are doing. :D So well in fact I’m all partied out and must say goodnight.

Goodnight.

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2004, 08:22:33 PM »

A completely random musing upon revisiting the HBO "Angels In America": I suppose the cut scene where Prior and Belize sing "Hark!  The Herald Angels Sing" isn't really important, but whenever Prior encounteres the angel, she sings "Glory to..." as she leaves.  As in "Glory to...the newborn king."  Without Prior equating her visits to that song, her singing those two words doesn't make much sense.

::Shrugs::
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

Well, not my DOA...but something that bears a vague resemblance to it...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2004, 08:37:10 PM »

Ah....a distinction that bears repeating I imagine...LOL.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2004, 08:51:57 PM »

Good vibes to Michael Shayne'd dad!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up