Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THINKING CAP  (Read 38088 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE THINKING CAP
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2004, 01:46:42 PM »

NOW, we are!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 01:47:33 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2004, 01:46:52 PM »

Good afternoon all
Well, I made my first appearance ever in traffic court this morning.  Heard some truly bizarre excuses for speeding, I must say.  My end result was that I deferred the ticket, forked over $100 ($22 less than the ticket amount) and agreed to keep my nose clean for a year.  This way it won't go on my record.  

TOTD -
VCR - Stop The World, the Millie/Tony version.  I know most people swear he can't live up to the Anthony Newley (forgive me if spelling is wrong) version, but I quite like this one.
DVD - Nada
CD - Last Five Years soundtrack.  Our listing o' guilty pleasures the other day gave me the urge to hear it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2004, 01:49:01 PM »

PAGE 3 DANCE

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o[/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2004, 01:50:46 PM »

DR Jane:  Every morning from now on, when you wake up with "cotton mouth", you'll have to wonder....

:D

Keith had a big laugh at the picture, said it was Bogie in his face this morning.  Gosh aren't pets fun. ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2004, 01:51:13 PM »

TOTD -

DVD - Nada

Is that the new group from the guy who founded ABBA???
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2004, 01:52:07 PM »

Here is one Apprentice form:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID62/378.shtml

I still don't think Omarosa is a mole.  However, I think it could be possible that they had Jessica Simpson MIA just to test Kwame.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2004, 01:52:36 PM »

...I...need....caffeine.  Now.

I had 5 hours of sleep last night, and I didn't have a chance to take a nap this afternoon.  Maybe I'll just buy one of those nasty energy drinks or something.  Even though I think they (Red Bull especially) taste like cough syrup.

Jane--oh, my hair WAS big, it just doesn't show in that pic.  I'll have more in a week or so (though I don't know yet about any camisole ones; if I had any, I'd be too modest to post them...sorry Jed, lol).

CDs--"Sunday in the Park with George" OCR, "Passion" OCR, "Lolita, My Love" (yes, I know it wasn't technically recorded, hehe), "Street Scene" OCR and I'm now listening to "On The Twentieth Century."  LOVE this score!!!  

DVD--"House of Sand and Fog"

VHS--nothing recently.  

« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 01:54:07 PM by Maya »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2004, 02:01:51 PM »

Oh, I haven't seen the Tony Tanner STOP THE WORLD in 30 years!

Has anyone ever seen Sammy Davis' version SAMMY STOPS THE WORLD? Is it as hideous as I've heard?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2004, 02:10:23 PM »

Yes, he's admitted his error, finally.  But not based on the evidence we supplied.  Still, it's nice that he's avoiding where I would have gone next.  My question to RLP: Did Joe e-mail you?

Jed

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2004, 02:10:54 PM »

Media check...
DVD - Nada (borrowed from DR Ann)
VCR - some old Quantum Leap episodes... very happy that these are finally gonna start seeing DVD releases in June
CDs - A Chorus Line OCR, Kritzer Time, Harmony Sweepstakes A Capella Festival 2000 National Finals
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 02:12:41 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2004, 02:13:32 PM »

DR Jed has just oh so kindly pointed out to me that of COURSE it would be the Tony Tanner version if I had it in my VCR, since it's the only version out on video.  Just had to say that yes, I was aware of that fact, and no, I will not modify my post to correct the error :)

Argh!!  Now he tells me that there ARE two other versions on video, and it WASN'T wrong of me to specify...sigh...I need some more coffee...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 02:20:19 PM by Ann »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2004, 02:20:33 PM »

Jane--oh, my hair WAS big, it just doesn't show in that pic.  I'll have more in a week or so (though I don't know yet about any camisole ones; if I had any, I'd be too modest to post them...sorry Jed, lol).

Oh, I see how it is, Maya.  You don't mind parading around in front of a room full of total strangers in your camisole, but my son (who is probably the strangest of them all) is not good enough to see even a picture of you dressed that way!
“One thing’s universal,

Jed

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2004, 02:23:23 PM »

Alright, TCB, you just got yourself nominated for Father of the Year, good sir!!! :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2004, 02:28:15 PM »

Not quite Papa Bar protecting Baby Bear from Goldilocks - but the thought was there!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2004, 02:28:29 PM »

Never forget, my dear Jed, that guilt works every time.
“One thing’s universal,

William E. Lurie

« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2004, 02:33:26 PM »

SAMMY STOPS THE WORLD is even worse than you've heard and I'm surprised I didn't remember it on bad movie musicals day.  I made the mistake of seeing it live.  What a waste of the wonderful, talented Marian (or is it Marion?)  Mercer.  Whatever happened to her.  I first saw has as Little Mary Sunshine (not the drag queen in CHICAGO) and followed her career for years.  She seems to have dropped out of sight in the early 80s.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2004, 02:35:53 PM »

"Street Scene" OCR and I'm now listening to "On The Twentieth Century."  LOVE this score!!!  

DR Maya, is it the Broadway recording of "Street Scene" with Anne Jeffreys?   I'm partial to the complete English National Opera recording on TER/JAY, which has Catherine Zeta Jones doing "Moon Faced Starry Eyed."

What role were you doing in WHERE'S CHARLEY?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2004, 02:36:53 PM »

Never forget, my dear Jed, that guilt works every time.

Pity is always good too... :)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2004, 02:43:18 PM »

It's such a lazy kinda day today.

Jed

« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2004, 02:44:08 PM »

That it is, Panni, that it is.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2004, 02:53:48 PM »

So what do all of you Apprentice-philes think about the Omarosa the Mole rumor now?

I can only hope that she really is a mole.  It would make a lot of sense.  I would HATE to think that someone that incompetent or that much of an avoider-of-work (especially under the 24-hour video taping watched by Donald Trump himself) would be able to get where she had in life.

SAMMY STOPS THE WORLD is even worse than you've heard and I'm surprised I didn't remember it on bad movie musicals day.  I made the mistake of seeing it live.  What a waste of the wonderful, talented Marian (or is it Marion?)  Mercer.  Whatever happened to her.  I first saw has as Little Mary Sunshine (not the drag queen in CHICAGO) and followed her career for years.  She seems to have dropped out of sight in the early 80s.

She was on a live recording of J. Edgar!:  The Musical as J. Edgar's mother in 1994.  It's available from L. A. Theatre Works and is abolutely hysterical!

As for the Topic of the Day:

CD player at work:  "Barry Manilow:  The Complete Collection and Then Some..." (I bought this when it was first release about 12 years ago, but have never listened to it...until now)

In DVD player:  "Mambo Italiano" is a very cute movie.  "Angelo Barberini is the oddball son of Italian immigrants Gino and Maria, who inadvertently ended up in Canada rather than the States. Angelo shocks his parents by moving out on his own without getting married, and shocks them further still when he reveals that he's gay. But his boyfriend, policeman Nino Paventi isn't as ready to come out of the closet -- especially not to his busybody mother, Lina."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2004, 03:07:24 PM »

Was Leslie's episode the one where she plays a model, BK?

If so then that other lady in the episode (the dress maker) is Dorothy Neumann, the character actress I keep asking you if you know of. I adore her...Dorothy that is, but Leslie is nice too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2004, 03:09:37 PM »

Yes, that's the episode.

Marian Mercer was in the workshop of Wicked that I attended.  She was Morrible.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2004, 03:12:23 PM »

Morrible was she?  Well, everyone can have an off day!

To answer your question:  Yes, he did.  Several times.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 03:12:42 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2004, 03:17:59 PM »

Media Check:

VHS: A couple of episodes of the TV series LARAMIE (one episode guest starring Ms. Allison Hayes) and THE GIRL FROM 10TH AVE. starring Ms. Bette Davis.

CD: INSTRUMENTAL GOLD. I kept seeing this one advertised on a cable station and finally sprung for it! Some of my favorite popular instrumental hits...MOONGLOW...PATRICIA...CANADIAN SUNSET...EBB TIDE...LOVE THEME FROM ROMEO AND JULIET...THIRD MAN THEME...

DVD:A few more episodes of U.S. MARSHALL.

and my Bollywood DVD for the week...LOVE IN TOKYO! Asha Parekh as an East Indian who dances on Japanese variety shows and JOy Mukherjee as the East Indian young man who falls in love with her when he sees her dance on a Japanese Variety show. Filmed on location in Japan! A cute little musical comedy which has a most gruesome ending which reminds me more of some Herschel Gordon Lewis film like BLOOD FEAST!!!!

Jane

« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2004, 03:26:09 PM »

I’m so happy.  The UPS man finally came with my special delivery, Boston Baked Beans from Massachusetts.   :D

Jane

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2004, 03:29:50 PM »

Now that I inhaled handfuls of Boston Baked Beans I’m lamenting I ordered them.  I was so good and, for the first time in years, didn’t order any in December for stocking stuffers.  But who had to go & mention them as a favorite childhood candy?  ;D Thank goodness half my order is for my son in Portland. The thing is, now that they are here I have decided I prefer the pretty metallic Jordon Almonds from Portland.  

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2004, 03:47:23 PM »

Maya, will go out in front of several hundred people in an audience of strangers in camisole but she's too modest to post one here for her friends.  Actors have no modesty.  In the interest of non-modesty, yours truly:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 03:49:23 PM by Charles Pogue »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2004, 03:49:20 PM »

Maya, will go out in front of several hundred people in an audience of strangers in camisole but she's too modest to post one here for her friends.  Actors have no modesty.  In the interest of none-modesty, yours truly:

So what's the play?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2004, 04:06:31 PM »

I was Claudio in MEASURE FOR MEASURE.  Here's one from the same play of me and the lovely wife (not yet then the lovely wife):
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up