Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTE TO SELF  (Read 43627 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:NOTE TO SELF
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2004, 04:20:55 PM »

Dan-inToronto-very interesting :-\

Jenny I'm sorry you got a cold shoulder and a lecture.  All I can say is, unfortunately, teachers like that simply prepare you for similar type employers.  Save those papers. :D

Ben

« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2004, 04:22:01 PM »

DITO, thanks for the Amazon information. I will post the review here before Amazon & BN.com. That's actually what I meant when I said "the other board" I meant the Kritzer Time area here at HHW.

Just a taste: I was very moved (as WEL mentioned) by the last chapters and the denoument of the piece. That phrase (BK, I think you know which one...I kept waiting... don't want to give anything away for those who haven't read it yet.) is in my mind. Oh, so true.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 04:22:52 PM by Ben »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2004, 04:24:30 PM »

He only used the title....but the song from "Song of the South" is by far my favorite of the two, both for music and lyric.
Aw, c'mon, RLP!  Who can resist the song sung by Brer Fox:

Sooner or later you're gonna be mine
Sooner or later I'm going ta dine...
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

td

• td
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2004, 04:52:18 PM »

Well, now.  How's this for synchronicity?
(or, wishing may make it so).

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]THE APPLE[/size][/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]ON DVD[/move][/b][move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]IN AUGUST[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! !COURTESY OF MGM MIDNITE MOVIES! ![/move]
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2004, 04:53:53 PM »

Jay, am I to infer from what I've been reading that you just NOW became a HHW God. I assumed you already were.
If indeed it just now happened   ;D CONGRATULATIONS!! ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 04:56:10 PM by Panni »

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2004, 04:58:32 PM »

Jay, am I to infer from what I've been reading that you just NOW became a HHW God. I assumed you already were.
If indeed it just now happened   ;D CONGRATULATIONS!! ;D

A deus a deux.  I've been a God (that sounds so vain) since post 501.  Now I'm into four figure territory.

Thanks, though!
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Danise

« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2004, 05:10:37 PM »

Evening all!

Sorry to have been E & T the last few days but some things came up that couldn't avoid.  

I had to drive to work today (which I HATE doing).  The last time I drove in I had my battery stolen.  This time they broke into the van and stole some items.  Sigh.  

I have to drive back into work tomorrow but I don't plan on parking in the same lot.  

I heard about my position reclass.  This one is a real winner.  The director wanted to make sure I would "qualify" for the position before approving it to go on from her desk.  This is what is known as a road bock.  I had already taken the data test a little over 2 years ago (and passed--hey it's part of my current job!)  but this type of test expires after 2 years and you have to retake them to remain “qualified” to apply for other positions.

In order to do that, I have to be able to pass the data test but you can't just go into Civil Service and say, "I want to TAKE the data test."  Oh, no, you have to apply for a position that HAS the data test as part of it's qualifications.  

Well, the only position on the board with data on it for this week was an Accountant III  which had both a written and a data test to qualify for it.  To make a long story short, for kicks and giggles, I took both tests and passed with flying colors. Both tests are part of my record.  Another twist is the written test is good forever but the data score is (again) only good for 2 years.  More then enough time for this reclass to go through.   So much for MS. Director’s road block.

Hate to post and run but I have some things to take care of.  Take care all and I will check back tomorrow night.    
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Robin

« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2004, 05:13:27 PM »

Here's two reasons I love this site:

1.) I mention that I'd like to get From Hell It Came on deeveedee, and someone mentions that there are copies of it on eBay.  So I win the auction, and it's on it's way.

2.) I mention that I wish someone would re-issue Pat Suzuki's "Broadway '59" LP on CD, and someone points out that there's a "Best of..." CD that has a half dozen tracks from the album.  So I whip out the Visa, and it's on it's way.  

From Hell It Came and Pat Suzuki.  Man, life is good!
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Panni

« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »

Well, then congratulations a deux, Jay.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2004, 05:27:23 PM »

I'm off to see Masada with our very own Brent Barrett.  Keep the home fries burning.  I'm hoping it will not be a long evening - the good news is I think it starts between six-thirty and seven.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2004, 05:30:32 PM »

Good afternoon all.

-Warning!  The following is a blatant request for good vibes-
Nothing major or life threatening, I assure you.  I'm simply realizing that after four and a half years busting my booty to get my degrees, the acquisition of said degrees has left me with no marketable skills whatsoever.  I'm good at taking care of children, yeah, but that's not exactly what I had planned on doing for a career.  I could have done that without spending the 100 grand or so on college.  I'm sure I'll find some job eventually that I'm qualified for, but at the moment I'm just wallowing in depression.  
-end vibage request-

is it any wonder that "What Can You Do With a BA in English?" has been going through my head all day? :)

Robin

« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2004, 06:02:00 PM »

You want GOOD VIBES, you got 'em.  

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2004, 06:03:04 PM »

JRand, I agree with you.  I hate these people who run all over the place in a song, trying to show off their instrument, instead of serving the song.  Just sing the same song.

Panni

« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2004, 06:16:02 PM »

****Good vibes to Ann!****

Jane

« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2004, 06:28:36 PM »

GOOD VIBES ANN!

Jane

« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2004, 06:33:10 PM »

Danise if they offer the job as an Accountant III, whatever that is, do you move up or down a notch? ;D

That's great news-hope the reclass goes through quickly.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2004, 06:37:04 PM »

Hey, DR Ann!

Here's a little something that I've been carrying in my wallet for about 20 years now.  Maybe it can help you feel better about things:

I am an important and valuable personality.  I am much more capable than I ever realized.

There are things for me to do that can and should be done by me better than by any other person.  I handle every task before me with poise and confidence.  I am made to have dominion over my life, and I am becoming free.  My body is mine to direct in positive action.  My emotional powers are mine to express creatively and constructively.  I have the power to choose and the power to act, and I know that as I think, I become.

And here's some

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]FOLLOW YOUR BLISS VIBES![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2004, 06:44:56 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

For Ann.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2004, 07:13:18 PM »

JRand, I agree with you.  I hate these people who run all over the place in a song, trying to show off their instrument, instead of serving the song.  Just sing the same song.
Now THAT might make for an interesting competition: everyone has to sing the same song!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2004, 07:15:33 PM »

Oh gee SWW.....what an idea.  It would be like sitting in at auditions for ANNIE all over again.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2004, 07:16:52 PM »

VIBEAGE
[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~
~~
~~~
~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2004, 07:17:14 PM »

Some of the movies I'd love to have on DVD:

"At Long Last Love"
"Bells are Ringing"
"Flower Drum Song"
"On a Clear Day You Can See Forever"
"Song of the South" (as always, an official U.S. Disney release)
and I would like all three versions of "A Star is Born" (Janet Gaynor, Judy Garland and, yes, Barbra Streisand) in appropriate aspect ratios with remastered video and sound and lots of bonus material.

I would also like a complete set of the TV series Quark, starring Richard Benjamin....
My sister and I loved "Quark"...of course I was probably all of 9 or 10 years old when it was on.  The other show that I'd like is When Things Were Rotten.  What little I've read about it (as an adult) says that it was really bad, but again, it's like the saying:  There's no such thing as an old joke if you've never heard it before.

Okay, so I have to ask: what are some of the strangest coincidences you have been part of? I just LOVE this stuff!
When I'm listening to music, I'll look at something printed on a piece of paper or in a magazine (especially at work) or a bumper sticker and I'll see a word at the exact moment that I hear it in the song.  That happens a LOT!  Very weird!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Congratulations, Danise!![/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~Vibes to Ann!!~~~~[/move]

And finally, it's offical:  my computer hard drive is completely dead, broken, kaput, etc., etc., etc. (a King and I reference) and ALL (every single solitary bit) of my stuff is irreparably gone.  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  I don't know if my sister's boyfriend (who built my computer) will replace it or not (it's possible...my birthday is in a few weeks, but I won't expect it).  So my ability to access HHW is limited to sneaks at work (and after work) and at my sister's house.  At least we live next door to each other.  I used to log onto HHW when I got home from work and then stay in until after midnight.  Haven't been able to do that for a while...and won't for some time.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 07:20:13 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2004, 07:17:51 PM »

Oh gee SWW.....what an idea.  It would be like sitting in at auditions for ANNIE all over again.
And over again, and over again, and over again...

But think of what it would do to Simon!   ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2004, 07:18:44 PM »

MBARNUM - new episodes of MXC starting next Thursday!!!

I like a show called House Hunters on HGTV!  Yes, DR CP - I thought a lot of the original intent of the songs were lost....if it was even considered by the singers.

MBarnum

« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2004, 07:29:37 PM »

MBARNUM - new episodes of MXC starting next Thursday!!!

Hoo and Ra!!!

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2004, 07:29:48 PM »

My vibes aint fancy, Ann, but they're from the heart.  :-*

~~GOOD OLD FASHIONED VIBES~~
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2004, 07:31:24 PM »

And I forgot that the interview I did this morning has a link to that young man Benjamin Kritzer!

John Bromfield was married to Corinne Calvert...Benjamin Krizter met Corinne Calvert! Who knew! (Thanks to Elmore3003 for reminding me of this startling connection)!

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2004, 07:34:23 PM »

You know what drives me crazy! I finally, after several years, decide to spring for the VHS of the Mary Astor/Hugh Trevor comedy from 1931 The Royal Bed. It costs me $14.99 for the VHS (I hate to buy VHS anymore but I felt this movie would never come out on DVD). Well, what do you know. The movie arrives in the mail on Monday, and today Alpha Video announces it is releasing The Royal Bed on DVD in a couple of months for the price of $5.99! Who knew! Oh, well.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2004, 07:51:13 PM »

A familiar story MBARNUM.  Maybe you can trade it for something.

Jennifer

« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2004, 08:13:08 PM »

Good vibes to DR Ann. ~~~~~~~~~

I was watching Survivor, but turned over to see the three lowest for Idol.  I was very surprised with two of them.  And sorry to see the loser go.  More tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up