Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: AT LAST, MY ARM IS COMPLETE AGAIN!  (Read 65886 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:AT LAST, MY ARM IS COMPLETE AGAIN!
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2004, 09:07:43 AM »

I know private collectors have it (I have it), and I hope that CBS has it, too.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2004, 09:08:28 AM »

The change of 2 hours time difference due to daylight savings has thrown my posting times quite out of sync with my daily routine. This will be a long few months!

I missed something.  Did you guys NOT change?  I thought you mentioned a month before our change that you had changed.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2004, 09:32:19 AM »

We're on a break?  

Here's another song that comes to mind -

Jennifer: Food, Glorious Food (works for me, too, as well as other dear readers I'm sure)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2004, 09:32:31 AM »

Here is my BK question for the day (for all HHWers to answer)...what are some recurring dreams that you have or used to have.

Tornadoes --  a dream in which a tornado is about to hit my house (or the house I grew up in.)  It usually starts with me being outside and seeing the funnel cloud form and touch down to the ground.  I run inside when I realize it's heading in my direction.  I always wake up before it hits my house.

I Don't Know My Lines!!! -- very much like MBarnum's dream, except I am at some kind of reunion at my college theatre.  At first I think it's just a party, but I slowly come to realize that everyone else is getting ready for a recreation of one of our old productions of a Shakespeare play in front of a live paying audience.  Everyone else seems to know what they are doing and are going about their business.  And despite my protests that I barely recall what character I played, let alone my lines, someone just thrusts my costume at me and tells me to get ready.  Before the curtain rises, I search around backstage desperately looking for a script in the belief that if I scan my first few lines that everything would come flowing back to me.  But places are called, the curtain rises, and I walk onto the stage with no idea what is suppose to happen next  and the dream ends.  What's interesting about these dreams is that the stage scenery and lighting is always very beautiful--so much better than anything I've ever worked on.

House Invader -- someone is coming in through the unlocked front door.  I rush to the door and lean against it with all my might and fumble for the lock, but whoever is on the other side is stronger and is slowly pushing his way in.

Secret Rooms -- either in the home i grew up in or in the house of someone I am a guest of, I find a slight gap in a wall that I can just barely squeeze through.  On the other side is either a room or rooms that are hidden from the rest of the house and never used.  Though dusty, the rooms are very neat and tidy and secluded.  I'm filled with delight with my discovery.

Nuclear Nightmares -- I haven't had one of these in years, but I used to have dreams in which I am, again, outdoors and there is a sudden flash.  I look up and off in the distance there is a rising mushroom cloud.

Sex Dreams -- boring!  I always wake up before anyone gets naked.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2004, 09:45:28 AM »

Here's another song that comes to mind -

Jennifer: Food, Glorious Food (works for me, too, as well as other dear readers I'm sure)

Okay now I feel like a big fat roly poly girl.

Thanks for that! :)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2004, 09:49:16 AM »

Dear Reader Tomovoz fell back one hour while North America (except Arizona) sprung forward one hour.  Ergo, his reference to the two hour change.

(This reminds me of the I Love Lucy episode when, in order to meet Ricky's demand that she not be late for an important dinner engagement, Lucy adjusts the clock in the Ricardos' living room, but in the wrong direction.)
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2004, 09:57:02 AM »

The Museum of Television and Radio showed the tape of PACIFIC OVERTURES as part of their Sondheim Festival a couple of years ago.  They initially had a cut vrsion which they screened, but later they found a complete version and screened it.  I assume the complete version is in their library and available for viewing at the Museum
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2004, 10:05:32 AM »

I would be very surprised if the tape to APPLAUSE is lost.   Is it not in the archive of the Museum of Television and Radio?

DR Matt H:  The last time I asked, the MoTR in NYC did not have APPLAUSE.  (They do, however, have the totally groovy 1968 Tony telecast, which is notable for so many wonderful things, not the least of which is the entire opening number of GOLDEN RAINBOW.)

I drive a 2001 Kia Sephia.  It is in a  color my DP and I coined:  Burnt Champagne.  It is the first car I have ever owned.  I never drove until we moved up here to Rochester.  (I got my license in high school, but never drove.) Now, I don't know why I didn't drive for nearly 40 years.  I love it.  I just hate merging.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2004, 10:34:44 AM »

What song immediately pops into your head when each of these dear readers is named?

JRand
Tomovoz
Matt H.
Jennifer
Panni
Jane
TCB
td
S Woody White
Michael Shayne

I imagine DR Panni often hears the same song that's serenaded  to me:

Panni!
Panni, Panni, Bo, Banni!
Banana, Fanna, Fo, Fanni!
Fee, Fie, Fo, Manni!
Panni!

Let's try Danny!
Danny, Danny, Bo, Banny,
Banana, Fanna, Fo, Fanny!
Fee, Fie, Fo, Manny!
Danny!

Now let's do Chuck!
Chuck, Chuck, Bo, Buck!
Banana, Fanna, Fo...

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2004, 10:48:35 AM »

The closing notices are started to be posted.

Gypsy

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/85710.html

16 Wounded

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/85708.html

Although nothing has been said and they may be trying to hang on until the Tonys, I think Wonderful Town may be in the mix soon. They are playing at a little more than half capacity (past week was 57%). They have been struggling for audience since they opened. Too bad. I enjoyed the show. Don't know who will win the Tony but Donna Murphy will definitely be in the running.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2004, 10:58:57 AM »

This is not the first time a closing notice has been posted and announced for GYPSY.  If Ms. Peters is willing to continue throughout the summer, I think it will be extended since she is one name most tourists have heard of.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2004, 11:00:42 AM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2004, 11:01:32 AM »

Good morning everyone!  I did an interview for Kinko's this morning...and it actually went really well!  It would only be a part time gig, it turns out, but one I could do whilst still keeping my current job.  This would be hunky dory for me, if nothing else full-time comes along.  

Cars - currently I drive a 1994 White Plymouth Acclaim.  A very good car, I have no complaints.  I have decided that she is a transvestite.  Sometimes she wants to be referred to as a girl, sometimes a boy.  My last car was a 1984 Chrysler New Yorker...aka The Talking Car aka The BBQ Machine.  The license plate read 632-BBQ.  I thought that was the coolest thing ever.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2004, 11:09:33 AM »

I imagine DR Panni often hears the same song that's serenaded  to me:

Panni!
Panni, Panni, Bo, Banni!
Banana, Fanna, Fo, Fanni!
Fee, Fie, Fo, Manni!
Panni!

Now let's do Chuck!
Chuck, Chuck, Bo, Buck!
Banana, Fanna, Fo...

How about Maggie!

Good morning everyone!  I did an interview for Kinko's this morning...and it actually went really well!  It would only be a part time gig, it turns out, but one I could do whilst still keeping my current job.  This would be hunky dory for me, if nothing else full-time comes along.  

Cars - currently I drive a 1994 White Plymouth Acclaim.  A very good car, I have no complaints.  I have decided that she is a transvestite.  Sometimes she wants to be referred to as a girl, sometimes a boy.  My last car was a 1984 Chrysler New Yorker...aka The Talking Car aka The BBQ Machine.  The license plate read 632-BBQ.  I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

Good luck on the Job Interview!

My Subaru Justy had the license place of 222 DBL!  222-Double!  Just had to share. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2004, 11:13:16 AM »

Emily look at the color of the wall behind the picture of Bogie (posted on Sunday).  It’s really paprika and is only an accent wall.

To JMK’s lovely spouse,  GOOD EMPLOYMENT VIBES.  
Sad but interesting ALNM story.

Matt H, Keith did write the post to Charles Pogue today since I don’t know what I’m talking about when it comes to computers and software. :)

Jed I drive a 92 Lexus Coupe.  I have never been a car person-really don’t enjoy driving and have never been comfortable in the driver’s seat of a car.  This one is different.  I still don’t enjoy driving far, but I love this car.  It is just my size.  Since moving here I find it amazing the places it will go.  I have been on some rather rough dirt roads going into the mountains to hike with Echo.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2004, 11:15:35 AM »

And tonight has the first new "Star Trek: Enterprise" episode since the beginning of March!  It's called "Damage."  According to the official Star Trek episode guide, "While dissension among Xindi ranks festers, Enterprise tries to recover from a devastating attack.  Meanwhile, T’Pol privately turns to Dr. Phlox for assistance with a disturbing secret she's been keeping for several months." :o Cryptic!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2004, 11:19:29 AM »

DR Jane, I meant to ask you about that lovely pool table that Bogie is perched on in the picture from a couple of days ago. It looks vintage.

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2004, 11:22:00 AM »

Matt H, Keith did write the post to Charles Pogue today since I don’t know what I’m talking about when it comes to computers and software. :)

Well you fooled me, cause I thought you wrote that (with maybe Keith helping you).

Tell Keith Happy birthday!

Jane

« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2004, 11:26:21 AM »

DearReader Laura- 8) and beautiful.

Dreams:  Since my sister died last October I had numerous nightmares where she was haunting me and, as when she was alive, being very cruel to me.  I may owe thanks to Panni for suggesting I read “Healing Dreams”.  After reading some of the book I had a dream where my sister sincerely apologized to me.  Since then, so far, she is staying out of my dreams.

Ann good luck with the job!

George did you choose the nifty license plate or just get lucky?  Keith’s, in honor of Echo, is MT DOG (for Bernese Mountain Dog).

Jane

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2004, 11:27:14 AM »

Jennifer, I started it and he corrected what I wrote. :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2004, 11:28:50 AM »

What is this?  A Farewell to Arms?  :P

Thanks MRBK - I have a new theme song, and it really does fit!  ;D

I have a 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Sport Coupe.  It will be the last Pontiac I EVER buy.  The best luck I have ever had with cars have been with the Mercury brand.  I am planning to go back to them soon....

Essential Sondheim....well:

Movies:
West Side Story (of course)
Gypsy (Russell-Wood)
Forum (for the score)

DVD-VHS:
Into the Woods
Follies In Concert
Company Recording the Cast Album

Recordings:
Forum OBC/RBC
West Side Story soundtrack & OBC
Into the Woods OBC
Company OBC

These are just the necessary ones....others of course are wonderful to have.

I don't have many recurring dreams MBARNUM and I would suggest you stay awake for the rest of your life!

In a couple of movies I notice they have Wardrobe Direction Charles LeMaire and Costumes by Travilla.  What is the difference?  And Peyton Place credits Adele Palmer for costumes, but in the commentary Terry Moore says that Charles LeMaire did her dresses.  Of course it doesn't matter now because most everything is purchased rather than built for films, but what's the deal?

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2004, 11:30:25 AM »

Jed, I drive a 1990 Silver/Grey Buick Regal.  I look at cars as merely a mode of transportation, unlike most Hollywood denizens out here...I have never regarded them as an extension of my penis or my personality.

Jane, I write most of my documents in Microsoft Word, except for my scripts which are in an arcane macro DOS Wordperfect system...I'm going to have to get Wordperfect for Windows and transfer those documents soon...because any future upgrade in Windows will disallow my accessing those DOS Wordperfect files.  I also have to start typing my script in Final Draft which I have on my system, but I've just never gotten around to learning yet.  The nice thing about typing scripts in DOS is that it makes a great excuse when producers or studios want an email copy of the script...I tell them I can't email and the script is in no known script format...So they can't have a copy on their computer to tinker on and edit.  They want to do that, they've got to have a typist type it in from a hard copy.  

I can't figure out how I lost my notes the other night.  It may have been something as simple as hitting the wrong button and inadvertantly erasing my work. Or else the copy is still lurking about in my computer somewhere.

Happy B'day to Keith!

Jane, you and I are both looking forward to my next novel.

Dreams:  I have the usual, appearing onstage naked or not being able to remember my lines.  I also have ones where certain environment reoccurr...one that I've had since I was five of looking down at a strange sort of Germanic, alpine village from a hill.

Jennifer, I actually thought John Stevens gave his best performance last night...even showed a faint flicker of what looked like personality.  Unfortunately, he still has a vibrato you could throw a cat through and he's not professional quality. But there was actually some growth there.

Which makes me think Barry Manilow might be a pretty good vocal coach, because with the strange exception of George, I thought most people gave strong performances and were on their game last night.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 11:36:50 AM by Charles Pogue »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2004, 11:31:43 AM »

Happy Birthday Keith.

And for you and anyone else who might be celebrating this weekend, take a moment to Learn to Dance Properly!

http://www.zefrank.com/invite/swfs/index2.html
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 11:33:27 AM by JRand53 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2004, 11:38:02 AM »

DR EMILY - I know this sounds crazy - but click on Tools, Internet Options, Delete Temporary Files.  After doing that I can listen to the Radio Show and I couldn't before.  ;D

Or Click Tools, Internet Options, Settings, and view files.  And delete anything that is marked "damaged" or "unknown" in the status file.  8)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 11:38:59 AM by JRand53 »

Jane

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2004, 11:38:09 AM »

When Keith returns home from the gym he will see all of your birthday wishes.  Thank you.  

We really aren’t doing much for his birthday.  Echo & Bogie gave him a card this morning, mouth delivered by Echo.  I gave him a card and a little gift.  A few years ago we agreed not to buy gifts for each other for all holidays.  The best gift he could receive is Echo’s colitis seems a bit better today (which means less blood in her stools)!  

The big event of the day was an hour phone call with Craig (younger son) in Romania.  And the connection was good for a change.  We will do something special for dinner.  

Jane

« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2004, 11:44:31 AM »

JRand53, we should all dance like Jerry Lewis?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2004, 11:54:23 AM »

Catch up post!

Happy Birthday to DR Jane's DH Keith!

Good luck vibes to DR Jed's car and DR George's PC.

Fortuitous Employment vibes for DR Ann and DR JMK's wife.

Find-Them-In-The-Last-Place-You-Look vibes to DR Pogue and his missing notes.

Did I miss anyone?

The automobile of me:  Back in '98 I came into some money and bought myself a brand new Toyota Camry.  Hunter Green, because I like hunter green and I thought it was a distinctive color.  Then thirty thousand other people also bought cars that were hunter green.  I sometimes feel like I'm going senile when I look for my car in a parking lot.

Has anyone ever tried lucid dreaming?
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2004, 11:54:59 AM »

Which makes me think Barry Manilow might be a pretty good vocal coach, because with the strange exception of George, I thought most people gave strong performances and were on their game last night.

I was very impressed that Barry Manilow seemed to take the time to work with each contestant.

But (and this was pointed out by a friend), why would they choose to do songs by somebody like Barry Manilow?

The performers are all under 25 and the viewers are mainly young as well.  Why not cater to their viewership?

Jane

« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2004, 11:55:37 AM »

Oh no, it looks like it is about to rain again.  I had better take Echo for her walk

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2004, 11:58:26 AM »

And for you and anyone else who might be celebrating this weekend, take a moment to Learn to Dance Properly!

http://www.zefrank.com/invite/swfs/index2.html

Okay it's my birthday in a few days. But who the heck is that guy?  Those dances are awful! :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up