Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: AT LAST, MY ARM IS COMPLETE AGAIN!  (Read 65850 times)

td

• td
Re:AT LAST, MY ARM IS COMPLETE AGAIN!
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2004, 04:14:20 PM »

I'm a blank! :(

But at least you're in good company.   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2004, 04:32:19 PM »

SWW - JMK may have laughed (ha-ha) -- but you (or the song you quoted) made me cry. Very touching. Pushed ALL my buttons. I've never for one second considered getting the cast album of CHESS - but now I may have to.

Robin

« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2004, 04:37:08 PM »

Jane, the reptile man at the zoo identified them as gopher snakes. So my morning wasn't as exciting as I had thought.

I've always been strangely attracted to snakes; I even had a pet python for nineteen years.  You read that right....nineteen years.  According to the book I purchased after getting her, a Ball Python is supposed to live for 8-10 years, and grow to about 4-5 feet in length.  But not this one, no siree Bob!  She lived twice that, and grew to 9 1/2 feet.  

She finally expired about six months before I met Michael.  Which turned out to be a good thing; he despises snakes.
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2004, 04:44:50 PM »

Hey, everyone!  

I'm listening to the latest Broadway Radio Show, and really enjoying it, although for some reason there's like a minute pause between songs.

Happy birthday to Keith!

I'm not sure I can think of any good questions for BK.  OOO, here's one...going with the Sweeney theme, did you see "Jersey Girl" and if you did, what did you think of it?

As for other questions of the day, I don't have my own car, but my family has a dark green Saturn.  And I don't really have that many recurring dreams that I remember.  I used to dream of flying a lot.

Jennifer, maybe they got Barry Manilow for the same reason they got Paula Abdul...neither one has anything else to do right now.

LOL.  Though I do recall reading about Barry Manilow's new musical "Harmony."  I think it's supposed to debut on Bway or something next season; I'm fuzzy on the details.  

I actually saw him outside the theatre when I saw "Thoroughly Modern Millie" a few years ago.  It was cool.

BK and Dan the Man--Loved your Sweeney parodies!!

Jennifer

« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2004, 05:04:01 PM »

Totally CRAZY American Idol news.

Apparently one of the producers of the show was just on Entertainment Tonight and he said we will be totally shocked at who goes home tonight.

I didn't see it, my sis did.  But she made it sound like the producer was totally furious and disappointed in America.

I wonder who it could be?

Fantasia?

George?

LaToya?

Jennifer?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2004, 05:08:34 PM »

DR Panni:  I meant no disrespect to your heritage, you certainly must know that.  My reaction was based purely on orthography.  I'm truly sorry if you took it otherwise.  I have absolutely no knowledge of Hungarian, other than certain Rhapsodies I was forced to play repeatedly as a child learning the piano.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Danise

« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2004, 05:19:18 PM »

Evening all!

First:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KEITH!!! :)  :)  :) :)  :)[/move]

Thanks for putting up with my chit chat e-mails with Jane about “girl” stuff.

Good job and car vibes!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Today is National Assistance Day or some such.   We get a big lunch/party with all of the assistants from all the other departments.

I decided I'd really dress this time out.  I put one of my new size dresses on and wore my new high heels.  When I got to my desk, what happened?  As soon as I stepped on that stupid plastic that makes it easy for your chair to roll, my foot slipped and I almost went down on my you-know-what.  That caused much laughing and I'm not sure I'm going to live that down for quite awhile.

Then when we went to the lunch, we had to go down 4 stairs.  I don't see that well as it is and heels always make me feel like I'm falling forwards anyway.  I went to step down, miss judged where the step was, felt my ankle turn and almost fell down the stairs!  Thank goodness there was a handrail or I WOULD have fell.

My boss said, "That's IT!  When we get back to the office, your taking those darn (paraphrase there) shoes off before you KILL yourself!"  Of course there were comments about my wearing heels to the shows when I take my trip up to NYC.  Soooo to make a long story short I have ordered some new FLAT shoes off the net.  Sigh.  I hope they get here in time.  And I had such lovely high heeled shoes too.  Double Sigh.  

Dreams–ugh.  I so enjoy mine.  Many are full blown adventures with background music and a plot.  I’ve even woke up singing a song (both words and music) that I have never heard anywhere.  Of course I forget it by the time I brush my teeth.  

Had one the other night that I was a hostage.   Only I was there with Duncan Macleod from Highlander and we BOTH were immortals!  We saved the other hostages from the bad guys and had to slip away before the press could get a good picture of us when it was all over.  Can't have the general public know there is a such thing as immortals, can we?   :D

Favorite South Beach recipe:

MOCHA RICOTTA CREME

˝ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
˝ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package sugar substitute (I use Splenda)
5 mini chocolate chips

Mix together the ricotta, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and sugar substitute in a dessert bowl.  Serve chilled with a dusting of espresso powder (I don’t know what this is so I don’t use it) and sprinkled with the mini chocolate chips.

Serves 1

Yummy!

Still thinking about my picture.  I have an idea in mind but will I have time to do it is the question.....
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 05:34:53 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2004, 05:23:47 PM »

Someone try posting a pic.  I removed quite a few from earlier post days.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2004, 05:25:26 PM »

Has anyone ever tried lucid dreaming?

Are you kidding?  I don't even have lucid waking!

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Panni

« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2004, 05:25:57 PM »

DR Panni:  I meant no disrespect to your heritage, you certainly must know that.  My reaction was based purely on orthography.  I'm truly sorry if you took it otherwise.  

I didn't take it "otherwise," JMK! I was not at all offended. In fact, I agree that if you didn't understand the words all the gobblygook would look Monty Python-ish. Not to worry! 8)

Panni

« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2004, 05:35:03 PM »

BTW, SWW - (Somebody buy me a vowel!) - In case you ever quote the Magyar CHESS song again, a noble effort, but you've made a few mistakes - like "szmecskéd" instead of "szemecskéd"... (The word is a diminutive of eyes (szem) - meaning "your little eyes" - fondly said to a child or lover.)
And that's your Hungie lesson for the day, DRs.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2004, 05:55:19 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KEITH!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Job Vibes, Ann
“One thing’s universal,

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2004, 06:14:26 PM »

Test picture:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

Good, photos are back.  Just post them judiciously.

Panni

« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2004, 06:22:14 PM »

I have no pictures of judges.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2004, 06:27:08 PM »

Good, photos are back.  Just post them judiciously.
I have no pictures of judges.

I think BK meant to post pictures in the manner of Judy Garland.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2004, 06:34:10 PM »

My boss said, "That's IT!  When we get back to the office, your taking those darn (paraphrase there) shoes off before you KILL yourself!"  Of course there were comments about my wearing heels to the shows when I take my trip up to NYC.  Soooo to make a long story short I have ordered some new FLAT shoes off the net.  Sigh.  I hope they get here in time.  And I had such lovely high heeled shoes too.  Double Sigh.  

DR Danise, you know what I think?  Well, I'll tell you anyway.  I think you should ignore these slugs who want to kill your dream.  I think you should put in some practice time with the heels on the kitchen floor.  Practice!  Practice!  Practice!  So by the time the New York trip comes up, you'll be able to put these cynical killjoys in their place and walk tall!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2004, 06:34:59 PM »

I could have said Jew Diciously.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2004, 06:48:32 PM »

DR Panni:  I meant no disrespect to your heritage, you certainly must know that.  My reaction was based purely on orthography.  I'm truly sorry if you took it otherwise.  I have absolutely no knowledge of Hungarian, other than certain Rhapsodies I was forced to play repeatedly as a child learning the piano.  :)
I'm partly guilty here, for not providing the translation given in the CD booklet.

Sleep, my little girl
Keep your eyes closed
On the wings of sweet dream
Fly undisturbed
On your daddy's strong hand.

Your pillow is alseep
Soon the lamp will sleep
Fly, my little girl
On the blue sky of dream

Your little toys
Are asleep around you
Sleep my little angel
Sleep gently lulled

The melody is simple and enchanting.  Too bad these sorts of songs aren't sought out by performers these days.  Maybe things will change.  I've got my fingers crossed.

Addendum: the Hungarian in the earlier post was copied from the CD booklet as well.  I had a hunch it might contain errors; I can only imagine how many copyists had their hands on the print copy to make the screw-ups, and proofreading this material is a bitch bastard toughie.  What amazes me is that Tim Rice even tried to include a non-English song in the show, much less two (a "Hungarian folk song" is presented earlier in the second act), without bothering to translate on stage.  He deserves a couple of kudos for that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 06:59:35 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2004, 06:49:59 PM »

DR Danise, you know what I think?  Well, I'll tell you anyway.  I think you should ignore these slugs who want to kill your dream.  I think you should put in some practice time with the heels on the kitchen floor.  Practice!  Practice!  Practice!  So by the time the New York trip comes up, you'll be able to put these cynical killjoys in their place and walk tall!

That's right, Danise.  If Dan (the Man) can learn to walk in heels, then so can you!
“One thing’s universal,

Panni

« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2004, 06:51:24 PM »

...Not a great translation. The Hungie is much sweeter.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2004, 06:55:12 PM »

SWW -- I don't know the song you chose for me, either.  The Legacy?  Can you give me some details?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 06:56:23 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2004, 06:59:25 PM »

We just returned from a lovely dinner out.  I will have to call Keith in to see the rest of his birthday wishes.  Thank you for helping make his day special.

Danise, LOL (to Keith).  Your dream sounds like fun and I too was going to say-practice on those heels.  

DearReaderLaura a beautiful picture of the end of the day.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2004, 07:01:59 PM »

We live to make Keith's day special.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2004, 07:02:52 PM »

That's right, Danise.  If Dan (the Man) can learn to walk in heels, then so can you!

Damn right!  You should see me when I wear them doing my Salome dance!
-- Anaďs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2004, 07:07:23 PM »

Let's all put on heels and makeup and go walking in our various and sundried neighborhoods.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2004, 07:08:36 PM »

Danssssssssssss SSSSSSSSSSSSSsssalome danssssssssssssssssssssssss.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2004, 07:09:48 PM »

SWW -- I don't know the song you chose for me, either.  The Legacy?  Can you give me some details?
From On the 20th Century, music by Cy Coleman, lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green.  Act two: Oscar's hopes of getting Lily to star in his production, and save him from total ruin.  He decides to end it all, and being the thorough melodramatic sort that he is, takes time to distribute his worldly posessions between his loyal cohorts Owen and Oliver.  The posessions are all theatrical, as befits the man who owned them.  His cape and his fedora, two ticket stubs from Abie's Irish Rose, that sort of thing.  

It's a fun song.  When I heard that Green had died, I automatically reached for the recording, as Green himself the most fitting tribute anyone could give him.  Heck, it's a great tribute to anyone who lives in the theater.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2004, 07:25:55 PM »

I feel we should start a Frank Thring fan club.  We should have Frank Thring t-shirts and hats.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2004, 07:33:43 PM »

What me worry?  Jeans and a black t-shirt.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up