Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: AT LAST, MY ARM IS COMPLETE AGAIN!  (Read 67225 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:AT LAST, MY ARM IS COMPLETE AGAIN!
« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2004, 07:34:21 PM »

Sort of a Thring Thang!

HAWAII is starting on TCM!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Michael

« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2004, 07:35:40 PM »

I just got my connection back. Had to catch up on all the post and only to find out I am one of the blanks.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2004, 07:43:56 PM »

From On the 20th Century, music by Cy Coleman, lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green.  Act two: Oscar's hopes of getting Lily to star in his production, and save him from total ruin.  He decides to end it all, and being the thorough melodramatic sort that he is, takes time to distribute his worldly posessions between his loyal cohorts Owen and Oliver.  The posessions are all theatrical, as befits the man who owned them.  His cape and his fedora, two ticket stubs from Abie's Irish Rose, that sort of thing.  

It's a fun song.  When I heard that Green had died, I automatically reached for the recording, as Green himself the most fitting tribute anyone could give him.  Heck, it's a great tribute to anyone who lives in the theater.

Why thank you, Uncle Woody, I like that.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #213 on: April 21, 2004, 07:44:26 PM »

I cheated -- oh yes I did!

I went to the AI community chat room.  

And there I saw tons of threads of outrage and anger and unbelievable nonsense.

And I cannot wait to see tonight's show.  It must be one hell of a shockeroony!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #214 on: April 21, 2004, 07:51:27 PM »

As the long-suffering spouse of an HHW DR junkie, I was touched by your birthday wishes.  You’re all such nice folks.  Many thanks for recognizing my advancement towards senile dementia!

In the meantime, I’ll hope for the best.

DRS Keith

“You're traveling through another dimension—a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind.  A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop…”

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #215 on: April 21, 2004, 07:51:41 PM »

Happy birthday Keith!

I used to get the elevator dream a lot. Has anyone else had this? The dream starts off like any other dream. I go into a building of some kind, like a store or someone's house. And I always end up getting in an elevator even if there isn't one in that building in real life. The doors close and the elevator goes up, and then the doors won't open again. The elevator keeps moving up and down and I can't get out. I really hate that one.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2004, 07:56:01 PM »

The photo is 25kb and it’s supposed to be 1X2 inches or less, so why does it show up so large here?  Do we need to size it by pixels instead of inches?

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2004, 07:57:07 PM »

Oh, and I dreamed that my really boring History teacher Ms. Hee-uh was in a treehouse and wearing this gaudy purple velvet dress with puffy sleeves and pink bows.

By the way, there were 55 hee-uhs today. So far, the record is 73 hee-uhs in 50 minutes.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #218 on: April 21, 2004, 07:58:14 PM »

I can't recall ever having an elevator dream.  That is an awful dream.

Jane

« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2004, 08:06:45 PM »

We are going to watch TIMELINE now.  Goodnight.

Jane

« Reply #220 on: April 21, 2004, 08:07:26 PM »

Oh, Sandra your second dream was funny.

td

• td
« Reply #221 on: April 21, 2004, 08:12:12 PM »

Let's all put on heels and makeup and go walking in our various and sundried neighborhoods.

If I have "Charlie" tattooed onto my bicep, can I be Sweet Charity?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #222 on: April 21, 2004, 08:13:02 PM »

I feel we should start a Frank Thring fan club.  We should have Frank Thring t-shirts and hats.

Can we also have Frank Thring throngs in thongs?

td

• td
« Reply #223 on: April 21, 2004, 08:14:40 PM »

I cheated -- oh yes I did!

I went to the AI community chat room.  

Did you talk about Spielberg? or Kubrick? or Haley Joel?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #224 on: April 21, 2004, 08:20:22 PM »

Let's all put on heels and makeup and go walking in our various and sundried neighborhoods.
Which reminds me, the first annual Rehoboth Beach Dog Walk on the Boardwalk is this Saturday.  All funds raised will go to the Humane Society of Delaware, to help make this a kill-free state.

We're taking most of ours.  (Kelsey can't make it, his hip is bothering him again.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #225 on: April 21, 2004, 08:28:33 PM »

Well, if they do have enough phone lines to accommodate the calls for AMERICAN IDOL, that must be on the West Coast only. I have consistently gotten busy signals since the competition began, and last night was no exception.

I see what the AI producer meant by shock. Not so much who went home but who the bottom three were. Totally unexpected.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #226 on: April 21, 2004, 08:30:58 PM »

Happy birthday Keith!

I used to get the elevator dream a lot. Has anyone else had this? The dream starts off like any other dream. I go into a building of some kind, like a store or someone's house. And I always end up getting in an elevator even if there isn't one in that building in real life. The doors close and the elevator goes up, and then the doors won't open again. The elevator keeps moving up and down and I can't get out. I really hate that one.

I had a variation of your dream many years ago.  In mine, I was going to a party at Gilda Radner's apartment.  She lived in the Empire State Building.  I got into the elevator car with the people I was going to the party with, but when the doors closed, I was alone.  I looked at the elevator controls and to my horror saw that there were over 200 buttons (one for each floor) and that the button for floor 150-something was pressed.  As the elevator rose higher and higher, it got smaller and smaller.  That's all I recall.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #227 on: April 21, 2004, 09:00:26 PM »

LOL DRJANE yes I always size by pixels and try to make both measurements be 300 or less.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2004, 09:10:25 PM »

And the Thring fan T-shirt should say:  "DansssSsssalome!"

Charles Pogue

« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2004, 09:14:46 PM »

Re: American Idol: Either America thought this week's bottom three were shoo-ins and they casts votes for others to save them...Or, like Elton John opined last week, there are a lot of "idiots" out there.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #230 on: April 21, 2004, 09:19:55 PM »

I think that's exactly what they thought: they were shoo-ins. They've gotten such raves every week and have practically been pronounced the winners already that people either didn't vote at all or called for other folks they wanted to see stick around.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2004, 09:29:03 PM »

Thring Went the Strings of My Heart.

We iz cookin' with gas.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2004, 09:42:27 PM »

The minute I say we iz cookin' with gas we run out of gas?  Skammen.  Denizens of the world unite!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2004, 09:51:03 PM »

Am I right?
Am I wrong?
Or am I just dreaming?

Who was here?
Was it you?
Or am I just dreaming?

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Charles Pogue

« Reply #234 on: April 21, 2004, 09:52:51 PM »

I've decided the design of the Thring t-shirt should have emblazoned on front Salomedans and the ssss's should continued on from the end of dance all the way around the sides and back of the shirt abutting against Salome.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: April 21, 2004, 10:04:50 PM »

Can one of our more adventurous hainies/kimlets design our Frank Thring t-shirt?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #236 on: April 21, 2004, 10:10:41 PM »

Well, if they do have enough phone lines to accommodate the calls for AMERICAN IDOL, that must be on the West Coast only. I have consistently gotten busy signals since the competition began, and last night was no exception.

I see what the AI producer meant by shock. Not so much who went home but who the bottom three were. Totally unexpected.

Were all their lines busy last night?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Kerry

« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2004, 10:16:38 PM »

All the pictures are back!  YAY!  

As a kid I used to have the falling dream of falling through the sky or down some cave or something, and everything in the walls of the cave (whatever they were) were counting very monotonously.  It was years before I could be near a metronome without it giving me the creeps.  I haven't had this dream in years, which is good.  Although the dream itself doesn't sound scary and wasn't particularly scary, it somehow was scary.  I always felt very uneasy for a day or so after I had it.

The other night I had a dream that BK and a group of us had or attended a weekly film watching somewhere.  We always contributed refreshments, and BK got mad at me for not bringing Jell-o salad.  (?)  This dream then turned into a very detailed version (not correct, of course) of parts of "Gone With the Wind" or something like the days in between the lives fo the people on the screen which weren't in the movie.  Very bizarre.

Cars-- I drive a white van.  A Chrysler, I think.  Earlier cars of mine had personalities and names, but this doesn't.   I also have a 1956 Nash Metroploitan which does have personality and is named Bennie.

Happy Birthday to Keith.  Everyone keep their pantaloons and pointy party hats on.  You'll need them again tomorrow.
I like boat races.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2004, 10:16:51 PM »

The AI chat room is full of threads and accusations of racism.

Someone thinks John Stevens is being kept alive by "old farts" who need him to remind them of Sinatra.  Is that a HUGE laugh or what?  Like John Stevens could EVER remind anyone of Sinatra.

There are threads of folks incensed at the manipulation of George and making him look like a fool for joining the wrong group...the group he assumed was the top three.

There are threads from folks incensed at Ryan Seacrest for his closing comment reminding the audience they should vote for the "talent" in the competition.

Has anyone ever wondered how the word "incensed" came to be associated with angered, irate and maddened?

I suppose if someone took a few sticks of incense, lit them, and jabbed them into other people, then those other people could be said to be "incensed" (bedecked with incense as they would be), and the anger would, of course, follow....

There was a natural course for the AI competition to follow...but talent should always have ruled.

Sadly, the entire competition is severely diminished.  

DeGarmo, Stevens and Huff should have been the bottom three simply for shaky performances the past two or three weeks...certainly shaky compared to the performances of the other contestants.

But that's just an opinion....if I had my way, JPL would still be in that group!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 10:21:05 PM by RLP »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: April 21, 2004, 10:38:06 PM »

We haz come to a stand still.  Perhaps Mr. Frank Thring will come along and save the day.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up