Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE KEY TO THE NOTES  (Read 86446 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE KEY TO THE NOTES
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2004, 04:09:01 PM »

Well, I should probably wrap things up and head off for the theater!  Gotta run the chorus through a bit of last-minute review on a couple numbers and such before the show.  Will surely let all y'all know how it goes.

DR Jed, is this your opening night?  Kisses you know where!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2004, 04:10:06 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move] :) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :) ;) :D ;D[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Page 7 !!! Everybody dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2004, 04:15:18 PM »

Yes indeed MRCP, Molly Bee was in Chartroose Caboose, a movie she once claimed was so awful it wasn't released, it escaped!  ;D

She started out on the Tennessee Ernie Ford Show as a youngster and was also later on The Jimmy Dean Show.

Kenny Miller writes in his book, that he was seeing her for a time and she came to him and announced she was pregnant and they had to get married....it wouldn't do for America's Oldest Teenager at age 29 to have a baby out of wedlock.  Miller and Bee married and as he suspected the father of Bee's son was a famous Las Vegas performer.

In the early 1970's Bee lost her nose to cancer, so they made her a new one out of part of her ear (shades of Michael Jackson) and she and her fifth husband lived in Hawaii for a time and now live in Oceanside.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2004, 04:19:04 PM »

New entries are up in Juliana's Journal, check 'em out.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2004, 04:21:50 PM »

I found this here site, the Happiest Site on the Internet, through bk, who urged me to post. (Was still living in Boulder at the time.)
I resisted, even when he posed questions of the day such as "What is your favorite television movie?"... I resisted some more...then finally dipped a cyber toe and was shocked by the warm welcomes. Believe it or not, I'm a pretty shy and private person and have never done this sort of thing before. It took me a while to build momentum - even retired for a bit - but here I am. And happy to be here. Especially since moving back to LA and starting a new life. This isn't the easiest place to live and it's nice to know that there are friends around, just a keystroke away. It IS strange to have friends I've never met in person, but friends I do consider you.
Congrats on the 40,000, bk and for keeping the home fries burning in such a warm, inviting place with such a great group of denizens.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2004, 04:29:05 PM »

How did I find this site?  I'm not exactly sure anymore. ::) I remember discovering the CDs that BK had produced for Varèse Sarabande and loving those (I didn't know about The Real A or Sondheim.com until several years later).  Then I remember learning about the (then) new (now unmentioned) label and loving that (at the time).  However, after "The Separation", I didn't find out about HHW until quite a few months after it had been up and running, but I've been here ever since!  And I wouldn't have it any other way. ;D

In honor of our celebration, and because I have them here at work, I'm going to listen to all three of the Benjamin Kritzer CDs, as recorded by our very own Guy Haines, produced by our very own BK!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 04:30:14 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2004, 04:35:02 PM »

Believe it or not, I'm a pretty shy and private person and have never done this sort of thing before.

No! No! Say it ain't so!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2004, 04:37:11 PM »

Miss Leslie Parrish appeared in three episodes of Perry Mason...."Modiste", "The Case of the Left Handed Liar", and "The Case of the Impatient Partner."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2004, 04:38:26 PM »

Because I sent out two of my last few copies of Haines His Way today, I listened to it on the way to the post office - it's really a very nice album.  I wish I had more copies - at the time, I was accused (and I do mean ACCUSED) of having stolen something like 500 copies of the CD.  All I ever had was two and a half boxes - that was it.  Before Black Saturday, I'd been asking where they were, all these boxes of Haines CDs, and no one in the office could tell me - they'd just disappeared.  I've always thought they were somehow mis-labeled, and given the fact that "the company" said they had no copies, and then suddenly were selling them for five bucks a pop recently might just mean that they found them, which might just mean that the little peckerheads owe someone an apology (well, that would be 1% of the apology I am owed and will never get - well, I'll get it karma-wise).

Tomovoz

« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2004, 04:38:28 PM »

DR JMK: Just caught up with the early posts. Good news about Gabe.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2004, 04:39:01 PM »

Bk, a full page ad for the Kritzer books in Scarlet Street!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2004, 04:43:30 PM »

BK, Haines His Way is a terrific album. You should get the guy to record more often...And I still think you should sent some to the standard stations in town and get some air time for them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2004, 04:45:28 PM »

I, too, believe it's time for Guy to do something new and fun.  We shall see what we can whip up.

Welcome eleven GUESTS.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2004, 05:03:13 PM »

Maybe GH could do a "Randy Newman" album. His "Marie" is a glorious track.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2004, 05:06:42 PM »

I am now going to leave my house for the first time today - other than taking Wussberger (aka Abie) to the park. Being a writer is a solitary profession. Well, it is and it isn't. You're always surrounded in your head by dozens of interesting people, that's true. But the nature of the beast necessitates spending huge periods of time alone. Sometimes the only living, breathing people I talk to for days are on the phone. A friend of mine just finished a book. He tells me he left his house maybe six times in three months (he doesn’t have a dog). Food was brought over and left every few days and that was it. (He gained lots of weight. When eating is the only outside activity, you tend to do a lot of it).
But I'm now actually going out into the world -- to the grocery store --- and will see PEOPLE - might even talk to a few. I like to engage strangers in conversation. Part of this is the writer in me - curious about who they are; part of it is just needing to talk to someone not in my head or on the other end of a phone line.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2004, 05:17:08 PM »

So how did I find HHW? Warning: Long intro.

Years ago I was chatting a new neighbor, Nancy. I was moaning that I faced an impossible deadline, editing a huge (and boring) textbook. To make things worse, the publisher wanted different sections coded in different colors. It was a Sunday, and I asked Nancy if she had a green pen. No she didn't. But an hour later she knocked on my door. She had gone out and bought me one. I hold a special place in my heart for Nancy and a few other special people who have performed similar acts of kindness.

Fast forward to last summer when I got to chatting with with a DR on another site. She talked me into visiting HHW - the friendliest and smartest place on the Internet. That was definitely a green pen gesture. Thanks, Maya.

François de Paris

« Reply #196 on: April 29, 2004, 05:31:51 PM »

Talk about April In Paris!
It's raining like mad right now!
Paris-on-Thames for sure!

For better weather i might move to the south pacific!....

Well, let's see:

Emile: Victor Garber.
Nellie:Audra McDonald.

Lt. Cable: Matthew Broderick.
Liat: Kristin Chenoweth.

Bloody Mary: Kathy Bates.
Stewpot: Harry Connick Jr.

Something tells me that ABC/Disney would love that cast..... ;)

"Heard" that, along with the Special DVD Edition of Mary Poppins to come, there might be a new cd with loads of bonus tracks!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2004, 05:34:30 PM »

I, too, believe it's time for Guy to do something new and fun.  We shall see what we can whip up.

Dear Friend BK, long ago we talked about the talented Mr Haines doing "Guy and Dolls."  I thought that was a clever idea and title.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2004, 05:36:36 PM »

Dear Friend BK, long ago we talked about the talented Mr Haines doing "Guy and Dolls."  I thought that was a clever idea and title.

Would he sing all of the parts? :D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 05:36:58 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #199 on: April 29, 2004, 05:37:40 PM »

I'm fairly certain WSS had an intermission when it played Toronto. I found movie intermissions very annoying! I liked sitting there for hours. I did NOT want to leave the story and get up. I guess it was (is) different for the male of the species. (Not as if a woman could get into the Restroom unless she sprinted for the door the moment intermission started.)

I use to like double bills also-don't think I can sit that long anymore.  Now I know why my father was pleased when he could go to one movie at a time.  I didn't understand at the time.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2004, 05:38:07 PM »

Still trying to figure out how to work the gizmos.  My friend Sukunthy in the recording office sent me this.  I hope I don't send us into cinemascope.

François de Paris

« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2004, 05:39:06 PM »

No! Guy would only do the Guys part!!!!...........

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2004, 05:40:15 PM »

Would he sing all of the parts? :D

As I recall, DR George, BK was talking to Mr Haines about a duet album with some lovely ladies on the Varese Sarabande albums.

François de Paris

« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2004, 05:41:23 PM »

... and what would the Frog say;

"It started with a pimple up my a...!"

Sorry!
Excuse my French!
Could NoT help it!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2004, 05:42:42 PM »

I would love to have a NEW Guy Haines album...and Guy and Dolls is a great concept!   ;D

I loved MR BK's selections on the Haines His Way album....just more of the same would be fine for me.   :D

I came to HHW when Gabe's father JMK pointed me in this direction.  I started posting right away, and have made some great friends and acquaintances, and come to find out, I had several of Mr BK's CD's, and had even purchsed BENJAMIN KRITZER from Amazon just because I read the sample pages and liked it.

As we head to 100,000 posts - press on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2004, 05:42:52 PM »

Panni how is the work going? ;D

I'm just up to reading page three since my server locked me out of HHW earlier today. >:(

François de Paris

« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2004, 05:43:52 PM »

Was that picture taken at the Frog & Cat Pub?

Or is it the Cat & Frog Pub?

A French/English joint I guess!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2004, 05:44:07 PM »

DRELMORE that picture is freaking me out!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2004, 05:49:23 PM »

DRELMORE that picture is freaking me out!

I'm sorry!  I feel so inadequate about the dancing smilies, I thought I'd play around with some of the gizmos and see if I could improve my skills.  That photo was the only thing I could locate, and it's my favorite of all the other bizarre cats in costumes she sent me.  Take some heavy drugs and groove!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2004, 05:51:24 PM »

To paraphrase Juanita the Cuban Comer, the photo ees so huge!  But at least I didn't send us into technirama 70 or cinemascope.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up