Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CINCO DE MUSTARD  (Read 95767 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:CINCO DE MUSTARD
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2004, 04:44:23 PM »

One!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2004, 04:44:33 PM »

1000!!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2004, 04:45:04 PM »

And one for Mahler! (a BK/Sondheim reference) ;D

Emily

« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2004, 04:48:19 PM »

happy birthday (and congrats) to George! :D
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2004, 04:48:58 PM »

DR SWW,

I too enjoy your food-related posts, and look forward to hearing about dinner with the critic. Have you considered looking for a job in food services?

MBarnum

« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2004, 04:49:58 PM »

Wow, George ...two milestones in one day!

George

« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2004, 05:07:54 PM »

Thanks Emily and MBarnum!

Lunch was...well, we had good food, but the service would have been good if the restaurant had had more than two waitpersons for the entire place!  We get there right about noon and it's pretty full (we have reservations and get to our table right away).  It's about 20 minutes before our waiter takes our drink order (two diet Pepsis, one coffee and water).  It's another 20 minutes before we get the drinks and our food orders are taken.  It's then more than 40 minutes before we get our food!  I had the tostada and enchilada combo with rice and beans.  Pretty standard choice for me, but quite tasty.  Anyway, after we ate, we told the guy that it's my birthday and I'd like a picture (so that I could post it here at HHW), so he said he'd get the camera.  After another 20 minutes (I was amazed that it was almost exactly 20 minutes between his stops), he said that there was no film in the camera!  AARRGGHH!! >:( So, we finally pay and get ready to leave when he comes up with a free birthday flan for me.  A couple of my friends had to leave, so my friend Misi (that’s her full, legal name) stays and we chat and share the flan, which is pretty good.  That was my lunch!

For dinner, my sister and her boyfriend, my niece and I are all going to Applebee's.  Hopefully, I won’t still be full from lunch, since we'll get there at about 6:45 or so.  And I know that they'll have more than two people waiting on everyone. ::)

William E. Lurie

« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2004, 05:29:13 PM »

Woody---
Even though the man whose name is on the company always wore a mustache, you must be clean shaven to work in any job where you come in contact with the public if you want to work for Eisner!
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #188 on: May 05, 2004, 05:40:20 PM »

Minor mystery solved:

I now know why I was unable to get through on LaToya's phone line last night!

Yesterday was "LaToya London Day" by Mayoral Decree in Oakland.  Jerry Brown joined a huge gathering of folks at a barbecue joint near Jack London Square to celebrate LaToya, to watch her perform, and to call in for the two hours of voting allotted to the West  Coast.  They had extra phones and cell phones and apparently kept those lines busy until they were closed.

If LaToya leaves tonight, it will be a scandal in the making!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #189 on: May 05, 2004, 05:40:27 PM »

LOL one thousand posts....pikers!  LOL....bwah hah hah!

DR PANNI I played Zoltan Karpathy once, with a great Elmer Fudd voice....it was only for one night....and we rehearsed it so everyone knew....but it was very funny.  Of course the Albert Einstein wig helped!

"I weceived these decowwations for wanguage....."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2004, 05:42:26 PM »

DR PANNI I played Zoltan Karpathy once, with a great Elmer Fudd voice....it was only for one night....and we rehearsed it so everyone knew....but it was very funny.  Of course the Albert Einstein wig helped!
"I weceived these decowwations for wanguage....."

Funny! ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2004, 05:44:39 PM »

Wasn't there a horror movie called Zoltan with Jose Ferrer?

Just got off the phone with my friend and muse Margaret - she'd finally read the book all the way through and now really loves it - but she had six or seven things she wanted me to look at, and since she's never wrong about that stuff, I made changes and additions and just read them to her and she thought they were perfect.  It's funny, even when I think I might not want to do something, I end up doing it because I trust her so much, and then those bits become total favorites.  So, I have one more little thing to add (she agrees with me about the addition - really tiny, but I have to find the right place for it) and then I'm done for now, and will start thinking about how to get this to a publisher.  

Danise

« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2004, 05:49:14 PM »

Evening all!

Happy Birthday, DR George and New DR HolyLynn!  Many, many more to you both!

I thought I would have wonderful pictures for you. My first four o'clocks bloomed today.  I must say I am disapointed.  They were the same old pink blooms.  Sigh.  I so wanted white/yellow/mixed colors.  Perhaps the pink bloomed first because they are the strongest.  I hope so.

Where are you guys reading about the DVD place?  I went over to the board last night and I can't find anything that says it's going to close or anything.  Is that from Rob?

Still working on a way to use the Pocket PC to connect with the net.  I signed up with MSN tonight and sent their help desk an e-mail asking if it is possible to connect using pocket MSN and just HOW to do that.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2004, 05:52:48 PM »

Thank you for creating my biggest smile of the day Jrand. Colin laughed too.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #194 on: May 05, 2004, 05:54:59 PM »

I guess Yosemite Sam won't be changing studios then WEL.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2004, 05:58:21 PM »

LOL TomOVOZ - you shoulda been there!

George

« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2004, 06:04:31 PM »

Happy Birthday, DR George and New DR HolyLynn!  Many, many more to you both!

Thanks, Danise!

Well, I'm off to dinner now.  I'll make a report later tonight (after dinner, then after I check up on things at my house and then after I get to the house where I'm house-sitting).  It'll be late.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2004, 06:10:22 PM »

Just watching the third of the Perry Masons I've TIVOd with Leslie Parrish.  She's so incredibly beautiful it just takes my breath away.  She plays a health instructor and she's in little shorts in her first scene.  My goodness.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2004, 07:03:21 PM »

No posts in almost an hour.  These things baffle me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: May 05, 2004, 07:03:42 PM »

Yes, I am a baffled me.  This is me, baffled.  Baffled am I.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #200 on: May 05, 2004, 07:06:11 PM »

No more baffling!

PERRY MASON must have been a tough shoot...they went out on a lot of locations.

MR BK was there really a building at 77 SUNSET STRIP next to Dino's like in the television series?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2004, 07:12:53 PM »

No, there was no building next to Dino's.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2004, 07:20:20 PM »

Well, I'll post so another hour doesn't pass.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2004, 07:39:59 PM »

beautiful night to use the telescope!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2004, 07:47:23 PM »

Well, those two girls chickened out and didn't do their interpretive dance.  :( And I was really looking forward to that.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2004, 07:49:50 PM »

In defense of the AMERICAN IDOL contestants:

Facing an audience of 25 million people a week with only a few days' rehearsal is a pretty daunting task for anyone, and these folks are all under 25. Three of them are still teenagers.

And the rehearsals are not just for their own solos. There are group numbers to learn, commercials to be filmed, public appearances to make. The demands on these unseasoned performers are enormous.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #206 on: May 05, 2004, 07:51:09 PM »

Woody---
Even though the man whose name is on the company always wore a mustache, you must be clean shaven to work in any job where you come in contact with the public if you want to work for Eisner!
This standard, of always being clean-shaven when working in a public capacity for the Disney company, was  part of the policy long before Eisner took control.  It was part of company policy back in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s.  Placing the blame on Eisner is erronious.  

Besides, if it was such a negative in the Eisner era, how can we explain the number of animators and directors with facial hair that appear on the DVDs in the bonus material?  They certainly are part of putting a public face to the Disney image.

That, and I recall when der Brucer and I went to DisneyWorld that there were a few "castmembers" who had moustaches.  The explanation I was given relates to the Disney Store, not to the Disney company as a whole.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #207 on: May 05, 2004, 07:57:24 PM »

Picking up a topic held here a few days ago...

Tonight, as part of our dinner, I made grits!

I sort of feel like I cheated, because I made the Quick Grits version, but at least I didn't stoop so low as to make Instant Grits.

They do, indeed, taste like a corn version of Cream of Wheat.  I slapped a good slather of butter on der B's serving and mine, with several grinds of pepper.  This was alongside a ham steak and B-sprouts.  

They're not bad, if not particularly something to get excited about.  I had to add a few splashes of Tabasco on mine.  On the other hand, I can see how mixing in grated cheese would be a fine sort of side dish.  Maybe some roasted garlic.  Herbs.  I love fresh herbs.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #208 on: May 05, 2004, 07:58:25 PM »

Here's to George and his Deux Deus.

That doesn't sound right, does it?   :-\

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #209 on: May 05, 2004, 08:00:06 PM »

One other thing I wondered about as I watched AMERICAN IDOL tonight.

--potential spoiler so don't read any farther if you don't want information about the results--

When they showed last night's performances in the traditional recap from the previous evening, I wondered if the order in which they showed them (which was not the order in which they sang) was the order of this week's finish.

For the record, the order was George, Jasmine, LaToya, Diana, and Fantasia.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up