Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: AYE, THERE'S THE RULB  (Read 39044 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:AYE, THERE'S THE RULB
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2004, 03:11:45 PM »

I just watched MR. BELVEDERE RINGS THE BELL, the third and last of the Belvedere movies starring Clifton Webb. Not that good, of course, but now at least I have seen all three in the series.

Wonder why Fox hasn't released SITTING PRETTY in its Studio Classic series? It is so hilarious.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2004, 04:13:57 PM »

Last post one hour ago.  And yet, we see many people just sitting there like so much fish.  SHAME.

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2004, 04:18:37 PM »

Okay I'll post.  Otherwise we may never got off of page four.

I think DR MBarnum asked us to remind him to watch Survivor tonight.  Not sure if he'll read this before it starts.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2004, 04:19:43 PM »

DR TCB, aren't you aware the American Way of Life is that genitalia and bared breasts are bad but violence and bloodshed are good.  It seems to be promoted everywhere; how did you miss it?  We have a shoot-em-up, bring in the cavalry and screw up the economy president, and clearly a lot of his voters support my theory.

Right on!

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2004, 04:21:24 PM »

Is anybody here gonna watch the finale of Frasier?

I haven't watched it all year.

It's actually started here already.

Maybe I'll catch the last hour.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2004, 04:24:35 PM »

So, how many people are going to watch tonight's last episode (ever) of "Frasier" and/or the seasion finale of "ER?"  I won't get home in time to see the 8:00 show "Frasier: Analyzing the Laughter" (I've set up my VCR to tape it), but I should be home in time for the 8:55 actual series finale episode.  And I'll probably watch the season finale of "ER" just because it's on and I've seen a few shows over the last season, so I'm not totally in the dark about what's going on.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2004, 04:25:44 PM »

I didn't preview my post.  I just posted it.  So I didn't see that Jennifer and I asked the same question at (almost) the same time!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2004, 04:34:08 PM »

I won't be watching ER or Frazier, since I don't think I've seen an entire episode of either show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2004, 04:34:42 PM »

I might watch A Night at the Opera tonight, or take a break from the brothers Marx and give one of the Hammer films a whirl.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2004, 04:35:15 PM »

My goodness, only six more posts and I reach a new apex - 4300.

Panni

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2004, 04:38:51 PM »

****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JULIEANNE!****

Panni

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2004, 04:46:34 PM »

Congratulations on the 4300 posts, bk.

(Just another 2280 and I'll reach 4300.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2004, 04:50:23 PM »

And one for Mahler.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2004, 04:50:41 PM »

Not quite there yet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2004, 04:52:19 PM »

Top five posters as of today:

bk  
JRand53  
Matt H.  
Tomovoz
Panni

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2004, 05:10:52 PM »

So, how many people are going to watch tonight's last episode (ever) of "Frasier" and/or the seasion finale of "ER?"  I won't get home in time to see the 8:00 show "Frasier: Analyzing the Laughter" (I've set up my VCR to tape it), but I should be home in time for the 8:55 actual series finale episode.  And I'll probably watch the season finale of "ER" just because it's on and I've seen a few shows over the last season, so I'm not totally in the dark about what's going on.

DRGeorge, I stopped caring about FRASIER about two seasons ago, and I used to enjoy it immensely but it wore out its welcome with me.  I feel the same about ER (why would anyone go to such an accident-prone hospital for help?) and WILL AND GRACE, which has gone from shocking andf funny to rude and smarmy (Karen's "milk milk lemonade" bit was the clincher for me).  I'll probably go back to CSI and
WITHOUT A TRACE.  I used to know Anthony LaPaglia when we was a bartender in the early 1980s and he's a good guy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2004, 05:25:06 PM »

That's a sanity clause.

Oh, you can't fool me - there ain't no Sanity Claus.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2004, 05:56:22 PM »

What is wrong with me???  I have dropped to Number 8 on the list of posters here at HHW.  I used to be Number 6, but a proud and defiant Number 6.  But #8? What kind of a position is #8????  Ohhh, the humanity!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2004, 06:09:41 PM »

You must become a frenzy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2004, 06:09:59 PM »

Ahhhhh, 4300.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2004, 06:16:12 PM »

That's it, I must become a frenzy.  I will post like the wind.  But, no, I must be careful.  I can't allow #7 and #6 to know my plans.  No, this will take planning.... careful planning.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2004, 06:51:34 PM »

And one for moi!  Where in tarnation is everyone?  I'm off to bed, but here's one for the road.  Sleep well, all.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2004, 06:53:49 PM »

Don't worry, TCB, it's definitely quality that counts.

If you want quantity just post a few thousand simple sentence posts.  It's how the numbers get run up quickly.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 06:57:11 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2004, 06:58:34 PM »

No, Ron, you are right.  I'll just continue to plug along, posting when I have something to say.  Or, when I can make something dirty out of someone else's post.  Just like always.
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2004, 07:01:21 PM »

There is no truth to the rumors that the producers of ER are planning on a couple of spinoffs, to be titled UM and DUH.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

François de Paris

« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2004, 07:05:49 PM »

For those interested, an excerpt from a post -- on www.magicmusic.net -- by the gentleman who does most of the mastering of the Walt Disney Records soundtrack reissues:

"And for "Steps In Time", the last version of the "Mary Poppins" Soundtrack (60615 or 60706) is the only time the complete sequence has been included. Obviously, it will also be on the upcoming 40th Anniversary Special Edition – Hold on to your umbrellas folks, as I believe you'll be blown away! I'm nearly finished, and it's sounding incredible! Don't have a final release date, but I'll try to post when it is comfirmed."

Randy Thornton

Panni

« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2004, 07:20:56 PM »

Top five posters as of today:

I don't know what to say...I didn't prepare a speech... I want to thank my parents who always believed in me (I guess), my rabbi, my rabbit, my many charming friends, all the little people - the fans, and, of course, bk for his encouraging words ("Where in tarnation is everyone!") --- and above all, the person without whom I would not be where I am today - ME.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2004, 07:41:40 PM »

So what's being number nine, rabbit feed?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2004, 07:52:11 PM »

Chicken picatta tonight, only I forgot the capers.  My bad.

(Flatten chicken breasts between layers of plastic wrap with a mallet.  Heat some olive oil in a large skillet, saute a couple of smashed cloves of garlic in the oil until very fragrant, remove garlic.  Saute the breasts in the oil until nice and golden brown and cooked through, turning once (the flattened breasts will cook faster).  Remove breasts to a warm plate.  Away from the heat, add to skillet some white vermouth (about a quarter cup or so, ok, make it a half cup), return to heat, scrape up all the golden bits on the bottom of the pan.  Add a large handful of chopped parsley and the zest and juice of one lemond, plus a tablespoon or so of crushed capers.  Return the breasts to the pan, rewarming them and turning to coat with the sauce.  Distribute breasts between serving plates and top with the rest of the sauce.)

I served this with some couscous (no, I didn't steam it, I cheated and added it to boiling water and fluffed, so sue me) and a couple of zucchini which I had split in half lengthwise, sauteed lightly on the cut side, turned over and coated with freshly grated Parmesan, then popped into a 350 oven until golden and toasty and cooked through.

With the exception of forgetting the capers, it went quite well.

I probably won't have to cook tomorrow, which feels good, since I'm getting sick of my own cooking and could stand tasting someone else's food, just to get my bearings back.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2004, 07:54:11 PM »

But #8? What kind of a position is #8????  

Well, it depends on whom you are with, though I've found that the only true difference is that females generally prefer a bolster pillow to better support their backs.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up