Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is "Insert Image"  (Read 15764 times)

RonPulliam

What is "Insert Image"
« on: October 22, 2003, 09:50:27 PM »

How does the "insert Image" feature work?

MrMarkBakalor

Re:What is "Insert Image"
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 09:58:12 PM »

Where do you see this feature "Insert Image"

I can think of two similar features:

1. Within your posts on the various boards you are given the option (if you post via "Reply" or a new post to a thread you are creating... you do NOT have the option if you use the "Quick-Reply" box at the bottom of a thread) to insert a file. ) of attaching a file to your message. This file can be a photo or a text file. It will be shown (if it's an image) within your post itself or show up as a link that users can click to read your attached text file.

2. Within your profile you are given the option to "Upload own picture" which allows you to use an image that is located on your personal computer as your personal user image.

Did that answer your question? Many of these features are new to me as well but I'd be happy to help further if you can give me a heads up as to where you're seeing this feature that confuses you. :)

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 08:44:41 AM »

Yes, thank you, that's exactly the place I found it.  

What I think I'm understanding is that the image is already selected under profile (a photo or some other image) and I would use "insert image" to incorporate it into my replies?

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 10:05:58 AM »

Huh?

Within another post to this board I see that what you actually are meaning to ask about is a button within your post a new message or reply page. That uses what is called board code which is an offshoot of html code. That would reference any image you wish to reference on the web. Not the image you uploaded for your user image.

td

• td
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 12:18:47 PM »

One, I think that Mark should have a lot of karma by now!  May I nominate him right here and right now? ? ?

Second, how did BK get his picture (of him and the divine Mammy) into the actual message? ? ?

I would assume he attached it in some way, since there is a paper clip below the photo.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 01:42:50 PM »

One, I think that Mark should have a lot of karma by now!  May I nominate him right here and right now? ? ?

Second, how did BK get his picture (of him and the divine Mammy) into the actual message? ? ?

I would assume he attached it in some way, since there is a paper clip below the photo.

All members should now be able to post images within their posts from their personal computer. See this thread for more...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 11:05:07 AM »

May I ask you technophiles how you embed images in between lines of text (as in the marimba/xylophone above)?  Inquiring minds want to know.

To imbed an image within the text of a post, you have to link an image that's already somewhere on the Internet.  If you quote my message, you can see the Internet link and code.

You find an image somewhere on the Internet, right click on the picture and click on "Properties."  You should see "Address (URL)" and an Internet address for the individual image.  If you triple click on it (assuming you're using a Windows-based PC...I have no idea about Macs), that Internet address will be completely highlighted.  I'd recommend triple clicking instead of highlighting manually, because the entire address may not show.  Anyway, after it's highlighted, right click on the highlighted area and click "Copy."  Then, create a post at HHW and paste the image link where you want it.  NOW THE IMPORTANT PART:  highlight again the entire Internet link and click the "Insert Image" option above...it's directly under the "Glow" option (fifth from the left in the second row) as part of the "Add YABBC tags" options.  

When you do it this way (as opposed to "attaching" an image file), you can preview it and see exactly what it's going to look like.  I hope this helps!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up