Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG MAC  (Read 65994 times)

MBarnum

Re:THE BIG MAC
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2004, 11:11:09 AM »

I think Bollo being "mentally challenged" was actually not far off from the truth. :)

LOL, I think you are right!!

For some reason Bollo just says and does things that crack me up. He is not the brightes bulb! And he is so henpecked by his wife!

I like the father and daughter because they seem like nice people, and the father tries very hard and with his girth, this game is not an easy one for him...so I really am rooting for them.

MBarnum

« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2004, 11:14:18 AM »

Where in Tarnation is DR JRand54 this morning..I hope he is feeling better.

And DR Elmore3003, sorry I missed your call. I stepped out of the office to powder my nose.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2004, 11:21:28 AM »

Good Afternoon!

My bed is made!  Isn't that just too-too exciting, n'est-ce pas?!?!?

In any case...

It looks like quite the nice day outside my window here.  I had been reading the weather reports on the web - mid-50s, partly cloudy, etc. - but hadn't really seen it until a few moments ago.  Hmmm...  I may venture out later.

*Actually, I may head over to Macy's for some before-show shopping.  Yes, I'm expecting it to be a madhouse with all the post-Christmas sales and shoppers, but since I know what I need/want, it shouldn't be too bad.  -And I'm just not in a "browse until I find something I like" mode right now anyway.  However, I was reminded yesterday that Nordstrom's Half-Yearly Sale for Men started recently... Hmm.. Jojo needs a new pair of shoes.. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2004, 11:25:53 AM »

Where in Tarnation is DR JRand54 this morning..I hope he is feeling better.

And DR Elmore3003, sorry I missed your call. I stepped out of the office to powder my nose.

Shiney, huh?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Gunther

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2004, 11:34:05 AM »

Rest In Peace, Jerry Orbach.  PROMISES, PROMISES was my first Broadway show; I later saw him in CHICAGO and 42nd Street.  He was a class act and is a great loss to the Theater.

A Christmas trivia question:  What singer(s) introduced the carol "Do You Hear What I Hear?"

I found the coffee table book BROADWAY:  THE AMERICAN MUSICAL under my Christmas tree.  When you open the front cover of the book, there is a 2-page picture of several show posters, I assume in Shubert Alley, and a man with his arm around a woman leaning against the poster for MR. PRESIDENT.  Does anyone know who the man and woman are?

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2004, 11:50:09 AM »

Hmmm, DR MBarnum, if Bollo cracks you up you must have loved watching him count at the IKEA store.

68, 69, 80, 81 ...

I will admit, that amused me.

One more comment about him.  Since they are professional wrestlers, it was pointed out to me that perhaps they are acting.  I'd never thought about them playing parts until I heard that.   Hmmm ...

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2004, 11:52:16 AM »

Chenoweth Unbraids Rapunzel.

Kristin in new Disney movie (as a squirrel):

http://www.scifilog.com/news/article.cgi?Movies/423
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 11:56:59 AM by Jennifer »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2004, 12:00:11 PM »

Well - HE should know.  I have also been considering Wireless....but since I only use the computer in one room...and don't have a laptop....why?

I had to go wireless in my house simply because I was told there there was no simple way to get a cable into my study without ripping up a wall or two.  A Linksys wireless modem\router was an exquisite solution, and allowed me to connect from everywhere via my laptop.

My ASK BK question would be What novel that has never been filmed, do you wish someone competent would bring to the screen?

I've always thought that my favorite unfilmed book would be Mark Helprin's Winter's Tale, but I haven't read it in years and I wonder if it still holds up or if it's time has past (the second part of the book takes place during the new millenium.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2004, 12:03:49 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR MAYA  ! ! ! ! ! [/move]

I seem to recall that DR Maya posted about a month ago or so.  

I wonder how DR Jenny did with her Sheridanna Whiteside in The Woman Who Came To Dinner?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2004, 12:13:46 PM »

BK, I believe The Lovely Wife has seen EVENING PRIMROSE...but not since it's initial run which was like 1967.  Which is why she is dying to see it again.  She is now busily cooking for you!  I believe it is the b-b-q chicken that you raved about at the Derby Party this past year.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2004, 12:19:02 PM »

hmmm.. I just woke up from a brief, unexpected nap... Hmm...

The excitement just goes on and on here are Chez Simbulan...

-WOW!  We've reached 60 degrees (F) here in Fairfax!
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2004, 12:20:36 PM »

DR DTM mentioned the other day about wanting to convert all his VHS videos to DVD.

My dad has been doing this like crazy recently.  He bought a dvd recorder, and has been transferring everything he owns (since he's decided videos will be worthless in 2 years).

DR Jennifer, I'm leaning this way myself, either with a stand-alone DVD recorder unit or getting a combo TIVO/DVD recorder.  But I've heard from a few people that if the source video tape has too many jumps or glitches, the DVD will not record from it.  Do you know if your dad has come across any problems like that?

I'm also not happy at the notion of throwing away about twenty years worth of video tape cassettes.  It's not like there isn't already enough garbage in landfills already.  Maybe I can donate some of them to a local college theatre library?  I donno...
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2004, 12:20:59 PM »

Hmmm, DR MBarnum, if Bollo cracks you up you must have loved watching him count at the IKEA store.

68, 69, 80, 81 ...

I will admit, that amused me.

One more comment about him.  Since they are professional wrestlers, it was pointed out to me that perhaps they are acting.  I'd never thought about them playing parts until I heard that.   Hmmm ...

Could be, but I would imagine that as exhausted and hurried as the game players are on that show that it would be difficult to keep up an "act" for very long...for any of the participants.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2004, 12:24:51 PM »

Love that barbecued chicken.  Faboo.  Yep, 1967 was Evening Primrose's only TV showing, part of the marvelous failed ABC Stage 67 series.  I also have the even rarer On the Flip Side with Ricky Nelson and Joanie Sommers, with score by Bacharach and David and direction by Joe Layton - unlike Evening Primrose (all copies look like crap because they're dupes of dupes of dupes) my On the Flip Side is spectacular - right off Miss Sommers' three-quarter inch tape, which was right off the master.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2004, 12:26:37 PM »

I don't know why my face is always shiny in pictures...or most pictures! And the older I get the less photogenic I get..I hate that! Or good G*d maybe I look like my pictures in real life! Argh!

I think I'd rather have a shiney face then the Casper the Friendly Ghost I turn into in photos.  Andy Warhol would have looked like George Hamilton next to me.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2004, 12:29:36 PM »

I am now the proud owner of a Powerbook G4 17" screen laptop computer with extra memory (1gig), but not with the extra memory graphics card, which five people told me I will never ever have any use for (it's really for high-end graphics users and people who do serious film editing on their computer - neither of which is me).  Said new computer will be here on Friday, with free printer to follow mid-next week.  Before comitting to a lynxsys, Mr. Mac Man wants to see the home environment.  Then, while he's transfering stuff from my Dell to my Mac, I'll run out and get whatever wireless device he deems best.    The place I ordered from is throwing in free second day shipping, free Mac screen savers, free slipcase, and I got Microsoft Office 2004 at a good price along with the Apple Care three year warranty.  On top of all that, I get a little more than $260 back from rebates.  Very exciting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2004, 12:34:08 PM »

Welcome eight GUESTS.  We're talkin' about everything under the sun.  Welcome two new registered users.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2004, 12:34:15 PM »

More TAR:

DR MBarnum, re: Kris and Jon

They showed some stuff last night which I am surprised that they didn't show before.  Kris is a darling.  They showed her helping out the friends (maria and someone) when their car kept stalling.

They also showed her at the beach in africa i think. She was swimming in the ocean with the kids saying how much she loved them.  They showed that in contrast to kendra whining about the poverty and how much she hated that "these people" kept breeding.

To answer your question, Kris and Jon have finished first a lot.  And I think they have not been the focus because they will be in the final 3.  And they are telling their story slowly.  I am in love with this couple.  They seem truly nice.

And because of the editing (and how much they showed kendra whining), I think her and freddie will also be final 3.  And of course we have the bad guy jonathan.  They will be top 3 or 4.

I can't figure out hayden and aaron.  I do really like them. And they seem to always finish near the top.  But as the teams continue to be bunched together, it's possible at any time for any team to go.

But i'd guess the wrestlers should go next week, followed by adam/rebecca and father/daughter.

I really like Kris  and Jon, also.  They seem never to complain and they revel in every situation they're in.  I think my favorite clip from last night was of Kris when she kept laughing in the back of the car.  I'm hoping for them to win.

As for Mr. Yell-ow Guy, I'm hoping for a painful "accidental" death, but I guess that's not too likely to happen.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 12:45:32 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2004, 12:37:09 PM »

Congrats on the new acquisition, BK!  Just think--you will be able to zoom all over the internet from your poolside!  (Just don't ever give into the temptation to take it into the hot tub!)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 12:52:09 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2004, 12:44:53 PM »

It was a shock to hear about Jerry Orbach.  I also thought that his prognosses was positive.

I saw him in Chicago twice and in 42dn Street once (it's a great shame that his performance wasn't the one captured in the Japanese video.)  I also saw him a few tables away from mine once in Barrymore's.  He had a terrific smile.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2004, 12:54:41 PM »

DR Jose, did you get my 2nd PM, or just the first one? I am afraid it might have gotten lost in cyperspace.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2004, 12:55:42 PM »

Congrats on the new baby, bk.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2004, 12:55:46 PM »

I had to go wireless in my house simply because I was told there there was no simple way to get a cable into my study without ripping up a wall or two.  A Linksys wireless modem\router was an exquisite solution, and allowed me to connect from everywhere via my laptop.

I've always thought that my favorite unfilmed book would be Mark Helprin's Winter's Tale, but I haven't read it in years and I wonder if it still holds up or if it's time has past (the second part of the book takes place during the new millenium.)

My sister has a wireless router (downstairs in her office) so that her daughter can use her computer upstairs in her bedroom.  It works very nice for my niece!

I read "Winter's Tale" when I was in high school...maybe even middle school and it went right over my head.  One of the few sections that I even remember about it had to do with someone trying to preserve lettuce??  I've done quite a bit of reading since then.  Maybe I should try to read it now.  I just might be able to understand it.  Mind you, I said "might!" (a Tom Lehrer reference)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2004, 12:57:19 PM »

I tried to donate to UNICEf, using DR Joey's URL, but they're so busy that it didn't work. That's a good sign as far as aid goes.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2004, 01:02:46 PM »

-WOW!  We've reached 60 degrees (F) here in Fairfax!
Not bad.

Particularly since 60 degrees (C) would be quite unseasonable.

(60 degrees (C) converts to something like 140 degrees (F).   :o)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2004, 01:09:22 PM »

Here's a picture of Tewkes!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2004, 01:10:48 PM »

What do you wireless users use for a firewall to keep the baddies out of your  stuff?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2004, 01:11:03 PM »

DR DTM, re: the dvd recorder question.

Apparently there are a number of options.  You have 1 hour dvds, 2 hour dvds and up.  My dad has been buying the one time only dvds (you can only record on them once).

And he's been using the 2 hour mode (for 2 hour movies ...).  Apparently it comes out MUCH clearer this way.

He had taped the Josh Groban concert on tape, and then he tried to transfer it, but not at the 2 hour speed.  And I don't think it came out well.  But everything he's been recording since (on the 2 hour speed) has come out good.

Well I haven't seen anything he's recorded, but he said the quality was so much better.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2004, 01:11:29 PM »

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2004, 01:15:47 PM »

DR Jose, did you get my 2nd PM, or just the first one? I am afraid it might have gotten lost in cyperspace.

DR MBarnum - I got it!  Thanks.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up