Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CAMELTOE  (Read 91265 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:CAMELTOE
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2004, 06:58:58 AM »

Great new Avatar DRDANISE!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2004, 07:07:27 AM »

Yes, I was also going to comment on Danise's new avatar.....very nice.

And Good Vibes to you, DR Matthew.

Did I really need to know what a cameltoe was????

My discovery of 2004 is that I like to drive.  Especially without 8 million people behind or in front of me.

Kerry

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2004, 07:33:28 AM »

I'd rather think of Camelot than Cameltoes.

And just what IS your favorite Jack Benny episode (I haven't read the posts yet).

I'll go with Jose about AVENUE Q. (Although I learned from Jim Henson that puppets can make me laugh and cry--even at the same time).

My discovery this year is something that Father Dan said in "Jeffrey" (one I may even change to my personal motto):  

"There is only one real blasphemy--- the refusal to experience joy."

I discovered that I'm still alive.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 07:38:59 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2004, 08:07:18 AM »

And I'm still here!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2004, 08:11:32 AM »

Discoveries? I really can't think of any, but if I do I'll post about them later.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2004, 08:13:05 AM »

DR vixmom - your avatar pic has to be 100x150 in size - if you don't have a program that will do that....email the pic to me, and I will work on it for you.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2004, 08:13:32 AM »

I have the last of the Christmas parties tonight. I know - Christmas is over, but my friend Jeff who moved to Virginia in October is back in town, and we postponed our dinner/party/celebration until he could make it back here. So, it's tonight. I have a chance to get some DVD gifts still!

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2004, 08:16:24 AM »

Does anyone else use those daily tear-off-a-page calendars on their desks? Last year, there were so many TV show-based calendars to choose from. (The George Eads pics I've posted this year all came from the CSI calendar.)

This year, apart from I LOVE LUCY and THE SIMPSONS and JEOPARDY, I couldn't find any TV-show based daily calendars. I'll go out looking again tomorrow (since they're now at reduced prices).

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2004, 08:19:10 AM »

My favorite Jack Benny show is when he takes someone (Don Wilson) down to his vault. It was hilarious from beginning to end.

My favorite sequence is his violin duet with Giselle MacKensie on "Getting to Know You."

Looking forward to seeing what bk's favorite episode is.

Oh, that clip of Jerry Orbach singing "Her Face" would certainly bring back memories!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2004, 08:19:38 AM »

here is a website for those in need of cameltoe

http://www.camel-toe.net/cameltoecup.htm

It says they make good recipe card holders!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2004, 08:30:43 AM »

Does anyone else use those daily tear-off-a-page calendars on their desks? Last year, there were so many TV show-based calendars to choose from. (The George Eads pics I've posted this year all came from the CSI calendar.)

This year, apart from I LOVE LUCY and THE SIMPSONS and JEOPARDY, I couldn't find any TV-show based daily calendars. I'll go out looking again tomorrow (since they're now at reduced prices).

I always get a tear-off-a-page for my desk at work.  Years past I've had some fun ones:  World News Weekly (which periodically featured the adventures of the original Bat Boy), Origami (my office was cluttered with crap I made everyday), and this year's Worst Case Scenario Handbook (which wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be.)  For 2005, I picked up the New Yorker Cartoon-A-Day.  This should be amusing.

For the walls, I got The Simpsons (for the office), Peanuts (for the kitchen), and a large-paged calendar that features vintage travel posters from the 20s and 30s (for the study.)  Lots of far away places with strange sounding names.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2004, 08:36:07 AM »

This year I have learned new meanings for many words:

1. Coffee (n.), the person upon whom one coughs.

2. Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have gained.

3. Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.

4. Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.

5. Willy-nilly (adj.), impotent.

6. Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightgown.

7. Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.

8. Gargoyle (n.), olive-flavored mouthwash.

9. Flatulence (n.) emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.

10. Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.

11. Testicle (n.), a humorous question on an exam.

12. Rectitude (n.), the formal, dignified bearing adopted by proctologists.

13. Pokemon (n), a Rastafarian proctologist.

14. Oyster (n.), a person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddishisms.

15. Frisbeetarianism (n.), The belief that, when you die, your Soul flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.

16. Circumvent (n.), an opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish men.

The above came to me advertized as the winners from a
Washington Post yearly contest in which readers are asked to supply alternate meanings for common words. I can find no Post link and the definition for "Frisbeetarianism" is a hoary Geroge Carlin reference. (Can you use "hoary" on a family friendly site?)

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2004, 08:36:32 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up.  Not necessarily awake, but I'm out of bed...

I need oatmeal...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2004, 08:37:58 AM »

Our local PBS station showed a New Year's Eve themed Jack Benny Program a few days ago.  It's the one where Jack dresses to the nines and turns down requests to spend New Year's Eve with his TV show cast and crew because he has a "hot date", who later stands him up.  The second part of the show where Jack is forlornly walking the streets amidst other revelers and then goes into a diner for a cup of soup is hilarious.  These shows really do hold up, don't they?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2004, 08:39:51 AM »

This year I have learned new meanings for many words:The above came to me advertized as the winners from a
Washington Post yearly contest in which readers are asked to supply alternate meanings for common words. I can find no Post link and the definition for "Frisbeetarianism" is a hoary Geroge Carlin reference. (Can you use "hoary" on a family friendly site?)

der Brucer

These sound like the results of the now-defunct (I think) Washington Post Style Invitational.  It was a weekly feature and contest, and some of the games were quite fun - and some of the answers were quite inventive and funny.  So, this may be an old list... Or maybe they resurrected the contest for the year's end.  In any case, maybe a search under "Style Invitational" on the Post's website will bring up the results if they were archived.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2004, 08:40:29 AM »

DR vixmom - your avatar pic has to be 100x150 in size - if you don't have a program that will do that....email the pic to me, and I will work on it for you.

Thank you!! I have been trying to find a nice piece of linoleum to afix to the camera lens prior to taking the picture.    :D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DERBRUCER

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2004, 08:43:14 AM »

Tolls here, tolls there.

Hast thou sent to ask for whom the road tolls?

der Brucer (happy they don't charge $0.36)

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2004, 09:00:38 AM »

Yes, the Jack Benny shows do hold up. I've been getting those cheap Critic's Choice discs of Benny TV shows, and they're always hilarious. But they aren't the ones I remember most fondly.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2004, 09:01:52 AM »

DR Jose - Most likely, Samuel French will NOT send extra copies of the p/c for the cast.  They are the worst about their musicals.  The sent me a defective 'cello book for "The Secret Garden" and when we called and asked for a replacement, they sent one but charged us for the shipping.  The flute part for SG was not in the right order and the player had to copy the part and put it in the right order.  You'd think they'd fix that because I'm sure people have complained.   I spent an hour last night erasing the pencil marks in the "Zombie Prom" score so I can make a copy of it today.  I don't understand that - they charge someone for not erasing and then they don't bother to erase the part.  MTI is notorious for that, also.  And yes, "Zombie Prom" is a go.  It's a silly little thing, but should be fun.  I read the script last night and did laugh at the end.  It should be fun.

For Christmas, I gave my true love - a set of kitchen aide baking  pans, 3 DVD's (The All Dog Christmas Carol, Hocus Pocus, and Bedknobs and Broomsticks) The Barefoot Contessa "Parties" cookbook, two stuffed animal schnauzers, and several silly things for the stocking.  It was a great Christmas.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2004, 09:03:03 AM »

Oh, and regarding the non-existant vocal book, I'm going to have to make one by cutting and pasting the vocal lines out of the p/c score.  Good times all around, I say!

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2004, 09:08:32 AM »

One of my favorite Jack Benny episodes is the one where he is kidnapped by a gang led by pretty Merry Anders....but really, most every one of his shows was a winner!

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2004, 09:11:29 AM »

I just received 2 photos via email from my brother-in-law.  They are from Xmas eve.  One is of me and my aunt's tree.  And the other is of my aunt's dog coco sitting in her carriage.

Hopefully I can reconfigure them and I will try to post them here later.

MBarnum

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2004, 09:12:30 AM »

My discovery this year is that when you try to sell your old car, be sure you know where the title is! LOL!

I am now filling out massive amounts of DMV forms so that I can get the ownership for my old car over to the guy who bought it last night (after tearing my house apart looking for the title!).  :o

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2004, 09:14:51 AM »

I am ever so pleased to learn that the tenor of the discourse last night chez BK achieved the same high level as that at the Algonquin Round Table in days of yore.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2004, 09:18:35 AM »

I had thought of fleas, and there used to be a dog in this house, so I suppose I'll call some exterminator and have him "do" the house.  But, it's normally easy to tell if there are fleas, by putting your hand down on a surface (rug, bed, table) and they will usually jump right onto you.  I did that last night and saw nothing.  And why all of a sudden - I didn't have this problem until three days ago.  

The Jack Benny episode is close to the Giselle McKenzie episode, but it involves a twelve-year-old girl (Toni Marcus) who comes up from the stage to get Jack's autograph.  He's trying to play his violin, but he hands it to her while he signs for her.  She, of course, takes it and plays it better than he.  He sends her back to the audience.  Later in the show (after a hiliarious bit with guest-star Julie London), she comes back because he spelled her name wrong ("Toni is spelled with an 'I'" she says.  He says, "Oh, did I spell it with a "y"?"  "No, with an 'e' - two of them.").  They then do the Giselle version of getting to know you, and it's absolutely fall off your seat funny.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2004, 09:30:23 AM »

One of my favorite discoveries is the film that Betsy and I watched the other night:  the sumptious Nowhere In Africa.  Note to any/all screenwriters:  watch this film and study/learn.  Betsy and I kept expecting typical American-film tropes that never materialized (thank Heaven).  You know, stuff like the dropped line that quinine will make you blind, so you expect the little girl to go blind (she doesn't).  No discernable "arc" other than the realization of character(s), all against an incredibly evocative background.  What am I, Ebert & Roeper all of a sudden?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2004, 09:31:34 AM »

Fleas are seasonal, believe it or don't.  There's a major infestation in the NW right now.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2004, 09:35:23 AM »

It says they make good recipe card holders!

EEWWW!!!!!!!! :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2004, 09:36:47 AM »

Re fleas and bk - Were you somewhere for dinner or a visit in the last few days where there is a dog or cat?
Also - I don't know from fleas - but is it possible some eggs of fleas or  something else "hatched" in your home environment?

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2004, 09:40:16 AM »

Re fleas and bk - Were you somewhere for dinner or a visit in the last few days where there is a dog or cat?
Also - I don't know from fleas - but is it possible some eggs of fleas or  something else "hatched" in your home environment?

Or, have you had anything in one of those self-storage places that you've recently retrieved?  We has some furniture in one prior to moving into this house and the upholstery was flea-infested.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up