Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DANCE OF THE SEVEN VEILS  (Read 56462 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE DANCE OF THE SEVEN VEILS
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2005, 09:08:54 AM »

PAGE 2!

Oooohhh... And on January 2 too!

Spooky, ain't it?

Dancez-vous as Francois would say.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2005, 09:22:45 AM »

PAGE 2!

Oooohhh... And on January 2 too!

Spooky, ain't it?

Dancez-vous as Francois would say.

Ou est notre Francois?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2005, 09:29:45 AM »

Yes, where in tarnation IS Francois?  Good morning, good day, how are you this beautiful day.  This beautiful day does not feel like a Sunday.  

Hopefully, dear reader Panni will answer dear reader Hisaka's post.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2005, 10:18:13 AM »

Hopefully, dear reader Panni will answer dear reader Hisaka's post.

I was just about to answer DR Hisaka's post before I was excoriated to do so...

DR Hisaka - How sweet of you to find the post!
I don't know what "THIS" refers to. I have a feeling it might have been the new board, but I'm not sure. As I said in reply to your first post on the subject, I started posting because bk kept suggesting that I try it -- that I'd like it. I was dubious - it didn't seem like something I would enjoy, plus I'd seen a few other "chat" sites and they were populated by illiterate morons, so I really didn't think I'd be interested. But then I actually took a look - met all the wonderful people around here, and realized that bk was right all along. This was the ginchiest, most happening  place on all the Internet. A veritable United Nations, as well! So here I am, almost 6000 posts later...
And we all lived happily ever after.
The End
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 10:27:19 AM by Panni »

Panni

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2005, 10:23:34 AM »

I was going to pay a quick visit today to an old friend in his 80's who is ailing. I even had a present for him by way of DR Dan in TO. -- The original Playbill of PANAMA HATTIE - my friend's late wife was in the chorus. But I just phoned him and he's not feeling well enough for visitors. Skammen.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2005, 10:26:47 AM »

Good morning all

Well, I had a bit of an adventure whilst driving over the mountains yesterday.  I set off from Ellensburg at around 9 pm, had no real trouble with the weather because the sanding trucks had been through.  This, however, caused me a different problem...a lot of dirt and grime being sprayed up on my windshield.  I quickly ran out of wiper fluid trying to keep it clean, so by the time I reached the west side of the mountains, I could barely see anything.  I decided to pull off in North Bend, a small town just on the edge of the pass, and get some wiper fluid.  There is a gas station right off the exit, so I intended to pull off in there.  However, being barely able to see anything, I could only guess where the road was.  This, combined with certain other factors involving my own stupidity, resulted in me driving headfirst into a ditch.  Thankfully this ditch had no water in it, and I'd taken it as such a low speed that no damage was done to the car, but I was indeed stuck.  So I got out, surveyed the situation, and called AAA to come and get me out.  It was more embarassing than anything else.  There I was, with my car at a 45 degree angle sticking out of this ditch, me standing there trying to appear casual, wrapped in about three coats to keep me and my sugar gliders warm...naturally everyone had to stop and take a gander.  A few boys in their souped up pick-up trucks stopped and offered their assistance...but I felt it best to wait for the professionals.  Pretty soon the cops showed up, of course, and wanted to know if I'd been drinking...which of course I hadn't.  But they stayed around to make sure no one else on the road ran into me.  All in all, a rather unpleasant experience...but thankfully both the car and I were unharmed and able to drive away.  Thank god for AAA roadside assistance.  

What better way to kick off a new year than driving one's car directly into a ditch?  

Panni

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2005, 10:30:42 AM »

*****Feel better vibes, SWW!****

DR Ann- Whew! Glad you're safe and sound.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2005, 10:32:25 AM »

Allo! Allo!

I am finally back AND fully rested from my New Years Eve exploits. I ended up staying up til 8 or 9 in the morning playing board games I had not played in a long long time. (Clue and Life) I also introduced one of my friends to Apples to Apples for the first time and she now has a new favorite game. We spent quite a bit of the evening/morning just reminiscing about the past two years and I think I came away with an even greater appreciation of these last two years of my life. It truly has been an amazing experience in college and at the lovely place where I live.

I also found out about 2 hours before it happened that two of my friends from church were going to get engaged. Well she said yes when he proposed to her at midnight so I will have another wedding to go to in the next few years. I am not sure if I have gotten used to the idea of my friends getting married yet, but I am sure I will in time. All part of growing up. :)
There is no music without silence, only noise...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2005, 10:44:05 AM »

The big question is, since it's Sunday even though it doesn't feel like Sunday, should I have breakfast.  For example, I could rustle up some ham and eggs, both of which I happen to have in the home environment.  Or, I could go out.  If I cook the eggs do I have them scrambled or over medium?  Decisions, decisions.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2005, 10:49:21 AM »

It's still gray out but at least there hasn't been any rain.  

I've gathered everything I think Mr. Mac Man will need on Tuesday morning, so he can just breeze through everything.  I may have to run out during his visit if he needs me to buy some kind of wireless port and if I need to buy a Mac-specific mouse (I'd rather use the one I'm used to, so I didn't get one the other day at the Apple Store).  

The Powerbook is, of course, just sitting in the dining room begging me to at least open the box.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2005, 11:02:30 AM »

I'm off to see "After the Ball" at the Irish Rep.  Tony Walton called me this morning to tell me he was in Sag Harbort and wouldn't see me today at the theatre.  Hopefully, I'll see him and his wife Gen this week and have a nice visit.

Since half the cast is from WHERE'S CHARLEY?, I think I'll have a good time.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2005, 11:03:14 AM »

DRAnn, I'm an oaf!  I meant to tell you as well how lucky you were and how happy I am that you are all right.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2005, 11:05:29 AM »

Give Mr. Walton a kiss for me and tell him to read my BOOK!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2005, 11:06:11 AM »

Ann I'm glad you and the Sugar Gliders are okay.  I know they like the cold even less than we do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2005, 11:15:13 AM »

The sun is trying really hard, trying to peek out from all the gray clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2005, 11:42:34 AM »

Ann -- Thank goodness (your's, not mine), that you are okay and that the car is okay.  Since you didn't add anything else about your return home, is it safe to assume that your apartment was not a swimming pool when you returned?

I am feeling a little (no, a lot) better this morning. Thank you for your good wishes.  After I finally went to bed last night, my stomach continued to talk loudly all night, but other than that settled down.  I am afraid that Angel and Nicky were less than thrilled by the talking stomach, and they spent most of the night in the other room.

I feel so bad about missing Sharry's party last night.  Not just because I had been looking forward to it, but because I was supposed to sing. But, it would not have been a wise idea last night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2005, 11:44:57 AM »

Damn it to Heck!  Why didn't I break that previous post down into three separate posts.  I am never going to make it back into the Top Ten of Posters if I keep writing long involved posts.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2005, 11:51:54 AM »

I think BK and Panni could have quite a career as the new Mike Nichols / Elaine May, or even the new Burns and Allen.  When you two bicker back and forth, I just laugh and laugh.

Hmmm, perhaps Don Ameche and Francis Langford?????
“One thing’s universal,

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2005, 11:52:36 AM »

Jane - the gliders didn't seem to suffer any problems from being out in the cold.  I had them in their pouch, under my shirt right next to my skin, plus a warm coat and a fleece wrap over me...so I think they were alright.  They were very glad to be home.  They started barking at my mom this morning when she got up...she was a little unnerved by it...

TCB - My apartment was in good shape, thank goodness.  Returning to a swimming pool would have been VERY unpleasant in this very cold weather we're having

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2005, 11:52:58 AM »

How many posts make a frenzy?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2005, 11:54:20 AM »

Whew!  End of frenzy.  

Good news, Ann.
“One thing’s universal,

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2005, 11:54:24 AM »

Oh, and TCB, I'm very glad you're feeling better.  Upset stomachs are never fun...

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2005, 11:57:26 AM »

Well I just ran into something while doing a search that has me thoroughly confused. I do searches on A Tale of Two Cities using different keywords in search engines to see if I can find any new articles or news. I just did a search today and the page I keep on my website with updates about the show now appears on the first page of results for info involving the show. I keep a much better record of articles and news than the actual site so I usually direct people to my page if they want to keep up to date with the show.  What confuses me greatly is I did not pay to get this page added to the yahoo search. I wondered if Ball State added student websites to search engines, but when I tried searching for other pages on my website there were no results. I am really REALLY confused as to how I got on the yahoo search. I thought if you wanted your personal page listed on a search engine you had to pay for it.  I haven't tried in other search engines yet.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 12:03:03 PM by Joey »
There is no music without silence, only noise...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2005, 12:05:45 PM »

Glad you're safe, Ann!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2005, 12:09:52 PM »

Fletcher is one unhappy Dalmatian right now.  It seems that he ate der Brucer's toe, and he's being punished for the crime.

More accurately, he ate the toe to one of der B's shoes.  I think der B would have noticed sooner if it had been his actual toe, to which he is rather attached.  All the same, the dog has been sent to his cage, and is quite unhappy with his predicament.  I'm not sure he's aware that it's his own doing that led to his being crated.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2005, 12:15:35 PM »

Meanwhile, I've made an interesting discovery.

I was listening to the London Cast Recording of Noel Coward's Sail Away, particularly Elaine Stritch's rendition of "Why Do the Wrong People Travel," and it occurred to me that her delivery is almost exactly like that of Tom Lehrer's.  She swings into notes the same way, her timing is the same.  They almost have the same voice!

But I bet Marlon Brando found her a more interesting date than Lehrer would have been.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2005, 12:30:52 PM »

Meanwhile, I've made an interesting discovery.

I was listening to the London Cast Recording of Noel Coward's Sail Away, particularly Elaine Stritch's rendition of "Why Do the Wrong People Travel," and it occurred to me that her delivery is almost exactly like that of Tom Lehrer's.  She swings into notes the same way, her timing is the same.  They almost have the same voice!

But I bet Marlon Brando found her a more interesting date than Lehrer would have been.

Don't count on it!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2005, 01:23:31 PM »

Back from my travels.  The sun gave up the ghost and it is now raining - more of a drizzle, really.  That Powerbook is imploring me to at least open the box it is in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2005, 01:27:50 PM »

I have been hither and thither and also yonder, but I still have not found a seventh veil.  Lots of fifth veils and third veils, but seventh veils are, apparently, as scarce as hen's teeth, and I think you know how scarce hen's teeth are these days.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2005, 01:28:39 PM »

I excoriated a salesperson so strongly about the seventh veil that she told me she was going onto amazon to write a diatribe about my excoriation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up