Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I DO! I DO!  (Read 83426 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:I DO! I DO!
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2005, 08:25:13 PM »

Never got to the Dean Martin Show DVD.  Everybody Loves Raymond had a new show and I also found myself caught up in Two and a Half Men.  Then I decided to install my new digital answering machine.  My previous mini-cassette answering maching was beginning to playback in a slower speed.  It was freaking me out because that's how friends of poet Richard Brautigan said his answering machine sounded during the weeks after his suicide (before his body was discovered.)

Hmmm...  I have a sudden hankerin' for a cup of hot chocolate, myself.  And since I have a container of Hershey's cocoa powder, I'm gonna go make some.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2005, 08:27:15 PM »

That second box of Looney Tunes arrived today, but I had no time to watch even one of those memorable shorts. Tomorrow, I'm probably going to THE AVIATOR with a friend.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #272 on: January 03, 2005, 08:28:40 PM »

And, get this, I have a date with a choral music teacher to go get ice cream on Friday. Who knows where THAT may lead?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #273 on: January 03, 2005, 08:29:12 PM »

The haineshisway.com marriage will be the finest reality show ever done.  The networks will seethe with anger because they don't have it.  They will seethe, and we shall laugh and laugh, most especially the bride and groom, whomever they may be.  I think dear reader Ann is a fine candidate - unfortunately, dear readers Jane and Hisaka are betrothed.  Frankly, I'd marry either one of them - in fact, maybe I'll just marry everyone on the site.  Wait - I think we're on to something.  But is something on to us?  I must ponder the imponderables whilst eating a bit of egg and ham.

I'm flattered...whom would I be marrying?  

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #274 on: January 03, 2005, 08:29:25 PM »

But first...

Page Ten Dance:

It was either a chocolate dance or a Richard Brautigan dance.  I think I made the right choice.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #275 on: January 03, 2005, 08:31:27 PM »

I thought BK said he would be interested in marrying you DRAnn.  :o
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2005, 08:35:11 PM »

Joey, and I mean this in the best possible way...that has got to be the scariest thing I've ever seen :D

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2005, 08:36:03 PM »

I read four reviews of MEDIUM on the internet this morning, and they were all uniformly bad, so I canceled my plans to watch. The USATODAY critic said in his Monday chat today that the show had virtually no chance for a run, so I thought I'd spare myself from getting into another show that wasn't destined to last.

Yet, after reading that some of you liked it, I'm sorry I didn't give it a try. I think another episode is being shown in the E/R time slot this Thursday, so maybe I'll watch that episode.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2005, 08:40:17 PM »

I thought BK said he would be interested in marrying you DRAnn.  :o

Awwwww....  My Eyes!  My Eyes!
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2005, 08:41:59 PM »

And, get this, I have a date with a choral music teacher to go get ice cream on Friday. Who knows where THAT may lead?
Just remember, sometimes really hot fudge is just really hot fudge.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2005, 08:43:22 PM »

Getting caught up on my letter-writing.  I didn't realize I was so far behind!   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2005, 08:44:28 PM »

EEEEEEK!

Panni

« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2005, 08:49:29 PM »

Now that I've recovered from the photo - not that the subjects' faces aren't charming - but somehow when it's all put together....
Now that I've recovered, I want to announce that I did indeed get my hot chocolate fix. But it took some effort - as most good things do. The first place I went to - usually open until 11 - closed the door in my face. They were remodelling their backroom or some such story. The secong place, I didn't like the ambiance; the third place closed just as I got there. The fourth place - I had a nice glass - not cup - a tall glass filled with hot choc and lots of whipped cream on top. Yum.
Of course, with all this travelling back and forth (all by foot, all in my hood) - I visited a few stores and made some purchases...

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2005, 08:53:05 PM »

I don't know about everyone else, but my hot chocolate has turned out to be particularly delish.  True, there is no whipped cream or almond biscotti, but the unadorned cup of cocoa I have here is hitting the spot.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #284 on: January 03, 2005, 08:55:24 PM »

Of course, with all this travelling back and forth (all by foot, all in my hood) - I visited a few stores and made some purchases...

Such as?  (I like stories of impulse buying.)
-- Anaïs Nin

Panni

« Reply #285 on: January 03, 2005, 08:59:31 PM »

Part II of Panni's Hot Choc Quest

...So I went into a few stores and found some excellent sale items. I bought a pair of cute pink pj's for DD (who has left for her cruise with her bf and 13 members of his extended family - or perhaps it's 13 counting the two of them). I then went into Papyrus, a store I like very much, and bought some letter paper 75% off, also for DD; and some nifty 3 Stooges note cards (discounted by the same 75%) for a gift. I almost got myself a gift at Pier I - a wooden chicken. This chicken called out to me - I often hear wooden chickens talking, doesn't everyone? - and I really wanted it. The wooden ducks - which did not call out - were signifcantly reduced in price, so I assumed the chickens would be. But when I took my chicken to the register, it turns out that Chicky was $30. - no reduction. I think that's fowl discrimination, don't you? Skammen, I say. But no chicken for me.
And then, sadder but wiser, I walked home. The End.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 09:01:04 PM by Panni »

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #286 on: January 03, 2005, 09:04:41 PM »

I'm almost afraid to post today in case I get roped into something weird.

I am also drinking hot chocolate. No marshmallows and it's in my very pretty plaid mug.

I spent the day whining about how the winter break is halfway through and waiting for my cat to decide whether he wanted out or in. He must have come in nine times today, and soaking wet each time because it was raining.

I also got some school reading out of the way so I won't have to do it once school starts. Today I read a lovely book about polygamy, insanity, and murder. Can't go wrong with that.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #287 on: January 03, 2005, 09:11:46 PM »

I'm glad everyone enj...well had SOME sort of reaction to the picture.  ;D  I just hope BK doesn't have a heart attack when he sees it...
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #288 on: January 03, 2005, 09:15:46 PM »

I'm glad everyone enj...well had SOME sort of reaction to the picture.  ;D  

I just about spit out my hot chocolate when I saw that picture.  :o
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 09:17:15 PM by Sandra »

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Panni

« Reply #289 on: January 03, 2005, 09:16:05 PM »

Today I read a lovely book about polygamy, insanity, and murder. Can't go wrong with that.

Dr. Seuss?

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #290 on: January 03, 2005, 09:19:54 PM »

Yes, Joey, I too had some sort of reaction to the picture. In a word: Yikes.

No hot chocolate for me, and no wooden chicken either. But on the weekend I bought myself - impulsively - a twig deer (reduced by 40 percent to about $25) in Lucknow, Ontario.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #291 on: January 03, 2005, 09:21:58 PM »

...Today I read a lovely book about polygamy, insanity, and murder. Can't go wrong with that.
Amazing what you can read between the lines in Dick and Jane, isn't it!   :D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #292 on: January 03, 2005, 09:34:10 PM »

I believe the photo is proof positive that BK and Ann are secretly hobbits.  This brings a whole new dimension to Lord of the Ring(s), doesn't it?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #293 on: January 03, 2005, 09:40:15 PM »

Panni and S. Woody White are both so clever.  :P  ;D

Kerry

« Reply #294 on: January 03, 2005, 09:57:12 PM »

Happy New Year! It's very wet outsdie and has been for days.  How do people in Seattle live this way?

By the way, Bruce, what's your pool man like?  You may have another wedding to add the bunch.  Sure, there's MusicGuy, but a hot pool man can somehow always be worked in (so to speak).
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #295 on: January 03, 2005, 10:02:47 PM »

Joey: With that post you enter the pantheon of great haineshisway.com posts.  Congratulations!  Brilliant.  And I would be proud to be Mr. Ann.

My pool man is not what you'd describe as hot.  He's sort of a zslub.  

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #296 on: January 03, 2005, 10:11:58 PM »

Hi Kerry! How's it going? My mom would probably say hi too, but she's busy watching a cougar rip apart Jay Leno's furniture on TV.

Tomovoz

« Reply #297 on: January 03, 2005, 10:19:21 PM »

Great work Joey.  You could get a permanent position now in the touring cast of Fiddler.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #298 on: January 03, 2005, 10:25:54 PM »

I do believe that we're going past three hundred count them three hundred postings this evening.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #299 on: January 03, 2005, 10:27:56 PM »

I'll help with that goal, BK
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up