Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MERRILY WE WRIG ALONG  (Read 78375 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MERRILY WE WRIG ALONG
« Reply #270 on: January 05, 2005, 08:12:50 PM »

Have Lost on.  I'M Lost.  I know some here like this show, but I'm sorry, the direction by Jack Bender is terrible (he is also responsible for a handful of the only bad The Sopranos episodes, and a few of Alisas's as well.   But, I don't know - the Jennifer Garner clone, the guy with his ass crack showing - I enjoy Alias on some very superficial level, but Lost is just loud, shaky and annoying, at least this episode.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: January 05, 2005, 08:13:14 PM »

Furthermore, I'm lost on Page Ten.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #272 on: January 05, 2005, 08:19:33 PM »

I am missing Lost because I'm still at work (my niece is taping it, so I'll watch her copy).  I'm about to leave and go to Circuit City to see if there is anything that I want to buy with the gift card that I got for Christmas.  The last time I went, the only thing of that I could think that I wanted was the 2-CD set of the soundtrack to "The Phantom of the Opera."  They didn't have it.  I couldn't find anything else (at that time) that I wanted.  Any CDs that I would want aren't the kind that they carry.  And if they do, I usually already have it.  I'll have to peruse their DVDs very carefully to see if anything pops out at me.  If it does, I hope it doesn't hurt!  Those popping DVDs have wicked aim! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #273 on: January 05, 2005, 08:24:32 PM »

I enjoy Alias too, but tonight's show didn't work for me. I thought it dragged, and wonder if the series will regain its momentum.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #274 on: January 05, 2005, 08:25:09 PM »

I had the last of the edible See's candies.  All that was left were pieces whose insides I didn't care for - but I managed to find three small pieces that I could at least tolerate.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #275 on: January 05, 2005, 08:26:06 PM »

I finally got mu kitchen totally cleaned up. I had been stacking the DVDs that came in on the kitchen counter, and I had three towering stacks of them to find places for today. They are still unseen as yet, but now they are at least out of the kitchen.

The floor also got a thorough mopping, and I am as happy as I've been in awhile with having a clean house.

Of course, that also means COLLATERAL was put off for another day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #276 on: January 05, 2005, 08:26:10 PM »

Do any Mac/AOL users have this incessant AOL freezing problem?  It happened about three times tonight - all when I was using shuffle play on iTunes, but I can't imagine that should have anything to do with it.

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: January 05, 2005, 08:27:39 PM »

LOST is anything but shaky and annoying to those of us who have been in on it from the beginning. It's a mesmerizing series, the best new one in many a year in my view.

Matt H.

« Reply #278 on: January 05, 2005, 08:29:34 PM »

ALIAS has straightened up its act and gone back to basics. Won't say anything else so as not to spoil the surprises for West Coast viewers, but it's nice to have Sydney Bristow and company back at long last.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #279 on: January 05, 2005, 08:33:32 PM »

Tonight I picked up a bottle of Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.  It did not taste like cherry, nor vanilla, nor Dr. Pepper, for that matter.  Why did they bother?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #280 on: January 05, 2005, 08:35:23 PM »

Chattanooga Chooster, won't you chooster me home?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #281 on: January 05, 2005, 08:39:58 PM »

Will some marksman please choot the chooster and put it and us out of our misery?
I chot the chooster, but I didn't egg the egg-uty!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #282 on: January 05, 2005, 08:47:04 PM »

Dear BK: Just to be sure, your new Powerbook does have the FreeCell program loaded, right?

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #283 on: January 05, 2005, 08:52:50 PM »

Well, I think I am going to retire to bed early and just have a good think before I fall asleep. It seems like I don't get an opportunity to just sit and think about life very often anymore which is a pity. Everyone needs a bit of alone time now and again.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #284 on: January 05, 2005, 08:59:04 PM »

It's supposed to have Free Cell, but I haven't found it.  Any clews?

By "shaky" I meant all that obnoxious shakycam junk I hate.  Just my opinion, though.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #285 on: January 05, 2005, 08:59:10 PM »

DR Panni, I very much enjoyed the "Chooster" photos. I hope Chooster gets to travel as much as Swedish Chef Hat does.

DR Jane, I'm glad you went hiking today. I was in your place a  year ago, and I know how difficult it is. How nice it is to have such a compassionate vet.

DR Danise, how is your mom lately?

Today we had a lovely day of sunshine. DH had today off, so we went for a walk at the preserve. Then he rented a small plane and took a short flight to celebrate the sunny day. More storms expected this week.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #286 on: January 05, 2005, 09:23:55 PM »

Whar'd everybody go?

MBarnum

« Reply #287 on: January 05, 2005, 09:33:07 PM »

How about Chooster photographed with various celebrities....could make a nice coffee table book!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #288 on: January 05, 2005, 09:34:54 PM »

No clews.

MBarnum

« Reply #289 on: January 05, 2005, 09:36:12 PM »

Just back from IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT...what a fun movie...and I am now realizing the appeal of Clark Gable! Of course I have seen him before in films...but in this one he is just so...hmmm...something...sort of sexy!  :D

And the theater was packed...they had to open up the first balcony (there are 3 in the theater), which is where I and my buddy Mark sat. Mark actually enjoyed the movie, too...he was grousing because it was made in 1934.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #290 on: January 05, 2005, 09:36:20 PM »

Chooster thanks one and all for the ideas and approbation. He won't be making personal appearances for the next few days - nor will I - as I'm in the final stages of a script that I must get done by early next week. Laters.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #291 on: January 05, 2005, 09:37:41 PM »

Are they really going to ignore the entirety of last season?  I'm enjoying the show, though.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #292 on: January 05, 2005, 09:45:39 PM »

My goodness, there is a commercial break every ten minutes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #293 on: January 05, 2005, 09:46:42 PM »

And that is why I don't watch television.  Three or four minutes of commercials every ten minutes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #294 on: January 05, 2005, 09:47:15 PM »

I'm thinking of scanning something.  I wonder what it should be?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2005, 09:50:54 PM »

I'm thinking of scanning something.  I wonder what it should be?

To quote Lee Adams... You've got possibilities...

-Oh, the possibilities!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2005, 09:54:01 PM »

Sorry, it's every eight minutes, these commercial breaks - shameful.  They finally brought up last season.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #297 on: January 05, 2005, 09:59:54 PM »

Do any Mac/AOL users have this incessant AOL freezing problem?  It happened about three times tonight - all when I was using shuffle play on iTunes, but I can't imagine that should have anything to do with it.

From what some of my friends have told me - friends that use Macs - AOL for Mac has always been a bit unstable since it was originally configured for PC/Windows.  It was a few years before a Mac version came out after the initial PC release.

iTunes may be causing some momentary conflict with the audio functions of AOL - playing IM sounds, etc. - so...  However, I believe there's a way to customize your memory settings in order to minimize such occurences.

-I remember working on a Mac for a few months a few years ago, and there was a program called "Conflict Catcher".  And that's what it did.  It allowed the user to have certain start-up modes depending upon what software you were mainly going to use that session.  At the time, it was adviced not to run Mac/AOL at the same time as any other video/audio program... Maybe there's still some residual "mess" from that OS version.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #298 on: January 05, 2005, 10:01:41 PM »

Are they really going to ignore the entirety of last season?  I'm enjoying the show, though.
Arvin Sloane steps out of the shower...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #299 on: January 05, 2005, 10:05:15 PM »

Sorry, it's every eight minutes, these commercial breaks - shameful.  They finally brought up last season.

Well... Just remember a 30 sitcom is actually only 22 minutes of sitcom and 8 minutes of commercials.  So, a commercial every eight minutes...

And then there's radio... Some stations are formatted to run commercials in 10 minute(!) blocks every 25-30 minutes.  I'm not sure if that's really "better" than running them after two to three songs.

-Actually, it would be neat if TV networks did that.  Show the whole sitcom, then give the viewer a nice break to go to the bathroom, make a phone call, get something to eat, etc.  -Although, I'm guessing the advertisers would not be too happy with that arrangement.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up