Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LITTLE PEOPLE IN MY HEAD  (Read 81573 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE LITTLE PEOPLE IN MY HEAD
« on: January 11, 2005, 11:58:51 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know all about BK and the Little People, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home.  Do your thing, you dear, dear people out there in the dark.  And let's have some fershluganah questions for a change.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 12:05:11 AM by bk »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
Re:THE LITTLE PEOPLE IN MY HEAD
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 12:06:23 AM »

Well, no...I haven't read the notes because I can't get to the notes.  This has been happening the last two or three times I've tried t access them.  I access the site through my history; go to the column and get yesterday's column.  A few times I've had to go to the column archives and there is a link to the new column there.  This did not work tonight.  I just went to my favourites and tried to access it there.  No dice.  Still yesterdays.  What's going on?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 12:08:27 AM »

Hmmm, I don't know.  Usually clearing the cache works, but I don't know why you're having the problem.  They're definitely up.  Are you using IE?

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 12:09:40 AM »

I had a hard time finding the Notes - but I finally did - by using IE. I'm going to try to get some sleep as I intend to get up very early. Very very early in the morning is my favorite writing time. My head is clear and I know that no one will disturb me, the phone won't ring, no strange women will knock on my door. Plus, it feels like I'm playing a trick on the day and getting lots done before the day, trickster that is, decides to run away from me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 12:10:39 AM »

Pogue, once you get to the old notes, have you tried refreshing the page (there should be a little "refresh" icon at the top of your screen somewhere).

Panni

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 12:12:57 AM »

I just tried again through AOL and got the old notes. But through IE I got the new notes.

Panni

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 12:13:41 AM »

Safari is also showing the old notes,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 12:14:25 AM »

It's got to do with the cache, although I just looked through AOL and they're there, and they're there through IE and Safari as well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 12:14:41 AM »

The little people are still having a party.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 12:15:16 AM »

I finally got in by exiting my internet page and then bringing it back up and going to my history and accessing like I always do.  This time it worked.  I wonder if it just has something to do with accessing too soon after the notes go up.  Maybe it's your new Mac...Yeah...yeah...That's it!  It's your damned new computer! It's all your fault!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 12:15:18 AM »

Perhaps Sandra can tell the little people a story and that will help them go to bed for the evening.

Panni

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 12:16:33 AM »

This little person is going to bed for the evening. G'night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 12:17:33 AM »

I am not going to bed because the little people are running amok - amok, do you hear me?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 12:20:05 AM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.  We're talkin' about the little people.

Speaking of the little people, you won't believe what they're doing now - the LIMBO!  Damn them, damn them all to hell.

Tomovoz

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 12:23:15 AM »

Is it just coincidence that amazon is recommending I purchase "Darby O'Gill and The Little People".?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 12:24:37 AM »

You know what's good for headaches, BK? Sugared leeks on toast. I made a batch for you.

I am very proud to accept my haineshisway.com Gold Star. There are just so many people to thank. My agent, my parents, my high school English teacher...

I am also proud to be gloriously wacky. Thank you, Panni.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2005, 12:25:44 AM »

Will you please send me your sugared leeks?  And any other Sandra goodies laying about the house like so much fish.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2005, 12:26:30 AM »

Or you could try telling the little people The Marvelous Story of Kudo-head and the Giant Green Blob.

I have another story, but it will require a visual aid. That will give you something to look forward to while I try to find said visual aid.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 12:59:28 AM »

The little people are getting tired.  This is good.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2005, 01:29:08 AM »

First of all BK, I hope your little people get very, very tired and very, very quickly!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005, 01:29:11 AM »

The little people are getting tired and so am I...goodnight

George

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2005, 01:29:36 AM »

Secondly, BK, are you allowed to tell the "scoop" that you learned from Mr. Paul Lazarus?  We Sondheads (fans of Sondheim, and I didn't invent the name) are waiting with baited breath!...unless you're NOT at liberty (an Elaine Stritch reference) to divulge your little bit of information, in which case, we Sondheads will just have to be very disappointed until the scoop is released by some other scoop-releasing news organization.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 01:30:34 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2005, 01:32:28 AM »

Thirdly, I will be errant and truant most of the day, today (Wednesday).  A touring company of Crazy For You is coming to Olympia and I will be one of the local grunts working with the tour company to move things...actually, I usually work with the costume people.  It's easier than other jobs, has a later morning call and earlier finishing time after the show is over.  Of course that means less money, but it's not too much of a difference.  So that's what I'll be doing most of the day.  I have to get there at 9:00 a.m. (that's only seven and a half hours away!) and we'll probably work until 1:00 p.m. or so...maybe 2:00, then break for lunch.  Our show call is usually 6:00 p.m. for a 7:30 show.  Then we stay until it's all packed up and in the truck. ;D

George

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2005, 01:33:07 AM »

Good night all!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 01:33:28 AM »

Good Morning!!!!

.....And seven and a half hours later he emerged from the kitchen....

Final tally:  One batch of Oatmeal-Chocolate-Chip-Pecan-Toffee Cookies; One batch of Peanut Butter Cookies; and - the crowning achievement of the evening, One German Chocolate Cake.  -The cake was a "special order" placed by one of the dressers for Hallelujah, Baby!  I could have baked it at a later date, but...  Of course, now I'm thinking that I probably should have...  But it looks good, and the new recipe I tried (from Cook's Illustrated) wasn't too fussy, but it was still fussy..

Oy!  My brain is melting down right now...  But first I post...

I'm gonna head back into the kitchen momentarily and bag up the cookies - the cake is already in the fridge.  Then I'm gonna plop myself on my bed and get a few hours of sleep.  Then I have a few errands to run before heading back up to DC...  -Oh, and it's supposed to be in the upper 60's, lower 70's today!

Well...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 01:40:43 AM »

DR Pogue et al - When you access a page from your History, IE will automatically see if that page is still in your cache, thus you will get the "old" page.  And the page will come fast too.  Now, if you had closed IE in the interim, it may bring up the new page.  -Since closing IE clears your cache - usually - check your IE settings.

It's best to save haineshisway.com and other sites in your Favorites list.  Each time you click on a Favorite, it accesses the page anew.

AOL automatically accesses cached pages too - this way it give the illusion of a very fast connection speed.  In AOL, just hit the Refresh icon - the Pisces-like arrows, and that should "force" IE/AOL to access the page anew.

I will say, the "cache" has saved me a few times.  There have been times when I've logged off, but still kept IE open.  And depending upon how many other web pages I've browsed, I can usually bring up a recently viewed page off-line.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2005, 01:42:44 AM »

Ooohhh... And I just got an e-mail from Apple featuring their new MacMini computer.  Very cute!  And affordable.  And it may just be what I'm looking for.  *MacWorld started this week, so all the new products are starting to roll out.  -Oh, and the overnight news just showed a brief clip of the new Mac toys!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2005, 01:44:38 AM »

...And, yes, I know the new MacMini is just the processor and CD-ROM drive.  No monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. included.  But since I have access to extra monitors, keyboards, mouses, etc...  We'll see..

-I'm running on fumes right now...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2005, 01:45:33 AM »

...And with that I shall bid adieu for now...

Goodnight.  Goodmorning.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2005, 01:46:21 AM »

Oohhh.... But we're soooo close to....
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up