Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LITTLE PEOPLE IN MY HEAD  (Read 80164 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE LITTLE PEOPLE IN MY HEAD
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2005, 03:00:35 PM »

I have a couple of Kritzerland CDs left, but am out of Benjamin Kritzer.  However, the good news is that the contents of all three CDs are now in my computer, so I can burn you a copy if that's all right.

So Bruce, have you ever thought to release an offical Guy Haines CD of all of the Benjamin Kritzer songs?  You could take all of the songs that were on the three Benjamin mini-CDs, make one CD and release it to the general public as its own CD (not specifically available only with the purchase of the books).  I think that that would be pretty cool! ;D Just my opinion...that I assume would be shared by many. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2005, 03:07:39 PM »

Is it really only Wednesday?!?!??!

Off to the show...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2005, 03:08:05 PM »

Ben, I hope when you find anything missing or partially missing from library materials, you will make the librarians aware of it.  A good librarian (and they all are not) will make every effort to obtain a replacement or, at least, photocopies of the missing portions and "tip" them in.  Often, the only way we in the library know that something is amiss is when a patron tells us.  Oddly enough, I just borrowed a branch library copy of bk's Lerner, Loewe, Lane and Friends and there was a "stowaway" CD in the case from something called Ultimate Broadway.

I work in the Acqusitions Department of the Timberland Regional Library and part of my job is to return defective or damaged materials...up to a certain age.  Usually, if it's caught within six months of the invoice date, we can get a no-charge replacement from the original vendor.  The problem is that patrons don't always tell the people out in the branches that there's a problem with an item and it could be years (literally) before it's turned in as a defect.  By then it's too late.  The item can only be tossed (or recycled).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 03:14:13 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2005, 03:18:44 PM »

I am now going to take a little nap so that I can be rested for tonight's performance of Crazy For You.  Even though I'm not performing, even just helping with the costume people can be somewhat hectic.  Rarely is it very easy.  It's not always difficult, but there usually isn't much down time...or even time to sit down.  So, Laters! (a Jose reference!)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2005, 04:12:10 PM »

I have spoken about my most embarrassing moment, and I don't want to be reminded of it again. Thank you very much.

DRPANNI is quite the gaddabout today, is she not?

Less the one hour (EST) until CANDIDE!!

I don't know from Apples or Apple computers or IPODS.....oh well....so sad to be left behind in the world.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2005, 04:13:38 PM »

Well - I for one think it's time for a release of the Mamie Van Doren-June Wilkinson song:  "Bikini With No Top on Top"

Maybe when MR BK goes to Courts show in February, he can lobby for it with Ms. Wilkinson!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2005, 04:15:07 PM »

Grant and I have thought about it, but what would you call it really?  Also, I'd want to add a few songs that I wanted to do but that we didn't get to.

I called Apple, we downloaded the necessary software from their website (even though, from the way it happened I'm assuming it was already on my computer), then hooked up the little machine and it imported the entire contents of my iTunes library (about seven hours worth of music) in about twelve seconds.  I've got my cheesy little iPod earphones in and boy does this thing work well.  Quality is excellent.  I will have to get a proper pair of headphones, and I now know I should have gotten the car kit.  I'll go tomorrow and get them, plus a docking station and a remote.  Oh, boy, I'm getting with it, I tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2005, 04:15:55 PM »

Oh, and it's set up so that it automatically will import anything that's new in my iTunes library right into the iPod doohicky.

MBarnum

« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2005, 04:26:15 PM »

I don't really understand what an IPod is....or ITunes, either.

Edd "Kookie" Byrnes and Diane McBain will be at the Courts show this month...I wish I could be there!

But I am going to go sometime this year!!!

Danise

« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2005, 04:29:31 PM »

Hi Folks,

Just stopping by an checking in.  Not much going on in my neck of the woods--at least nothing to write home about.   :)

I received my South Beach Diet Cookbook today and will be starting back onto the diet on Monday.  I want to give myself time to look the book over and pick out some recipes and buy the ingredients.

Good vibes to all!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2005, 04:35:03 PM »

I didn't understand either, but I certainly do now, and it's tons o' fun for those who love music and transporting it around easily.  

Danise

« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2005, 04:40:04 PM »

Why bother with an IPod when my Pocket PC can play music, games, allow me to type letter, go on line, etc, etc, etc...?  And it's about the same size as the Ipod!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »

Too many toys.  

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2005, 05:31:45 PM »

Hiya, folks!

I'm going to the opening of an art show at a gallery on W. 25th tomorrow eve, with my pal Elmore! His friend is the artist of the exhibition. Haven't been to a gallery show opening in the longest time...

Where can a girl get a Botox injection in this burg? I'm beginning to FROWN again... makes me look short-tempered. Don't mind BEING short-tempered, as long as I look mild and vacant most of the time...

And I had the nicest interview last night with a theater writer whom I haven't seen - oh, let's see... - maybe since 1978 or so. Nice reunion, fun reminiscences. He is one brilliant dude, I must say -- remembers EVERYTHING. And a mellow, eager, totally youthful personality - even though he must be nearly as old as I am by now. So, anyway, it was a swell way to end yesterday.

Lookin' for warmer weather, I tell you, here in Noo Yawk. What's LA doing?
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2005, 05:34:08 PM »

Yo, elmore! I got your call and your email. Huzzah! I'm really looking forward to our date!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2005, 05:35:31 PM »

I'm talkin' to myself now - "that's how you know you CRAZY." All those years of living alone in a cabin in the woods...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2005, 05:37:59 PM »

Okay, DR's - off I go to the shower, thence to bed, to bed. Ah, Emilia! No, that's another whole opera... hmmm... blahblahblah. Stop it, Pen! Stop it this minute!! Okay. There, that's better.

Okay, then. Have a good night, good Knight.
PennyO

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2005, 05:57:51 PM »

Yo, elmore! I got your call and your email. Huzzah! I'm really looking forward to our date!

Okay, Missy!  We're all set.  I hear it's going up to 60 degrees in Manhattan tomorrow.  I think it's sunspots.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2005, 06:03:05 PM »

So what is the date for Jewish Thighs that we are all supposed to meet? I need to know so I can plan.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2005, 06:03:44 PM »

Here is something I'd like to share. Aiming for April.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2005, 06:07:44 PM »

Here is something I'd like to share. Aiming for April.

Wow! DRMichael Shayne, fab!  As to Miss PennyO's theatrical event, isn't the opening night March 17?  Can someone confirm this, Jose, Penny?  I'm urging the migration of all HHW friends to Manhattan, but I ain't got no dates.  I also realize for the event I ain't got no date.  I feel like Gladhand in WSS!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2005, 06:22:23 PM »

Good Morning!!!!

.....And seven and a half hours later he emerged from the kitchen....

Final tally:  One batch of Oatmeal-Chocolate-Chip-Pecan-Toffee Cookies; One batch of Peanut Butter Cookies; and - the crowning achievement of the evening, One German Chocolate Cake.  -The cake was a "special order" placed by one of the dressers for Hallelujah, Baby!  I could have baked it at a later date, but...  Of course, now I'm thinking that I probably should have...  But it looks good, and the new recipe I tried (from Cook's Illustrated) wasn't too fussy, but it was still fussy..

Oy!  My brain is melting down right now...  But first I post...

I'm gonna head back into the kitchen momentarily and bag up the cookies - the cake is already in the fridge.  Then I'm gonna plop myself on my bed and get a few hours of sleep.  Then I have a few errands to run before heading back up to DC...  -Oh, and it's supposed to be in the upper 60's, lower 70's today!

Well...

I use to bake at all hours when Keith traveled.    

I have never cared for German chocolate cake.  It just doesn't seem like real chocolate to me, plus it has coconut which I can’t eat unless it is toasted.  Peanut butter cookies are one of my favorites but for some reason I rarely bake them.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2005, 06:29:05 PM »

Bk, I am no expert, but I understand that eating several small meals throughout the day is a much healthier way to lose weight...eating only one meal a day is just not a very good way to lose those pounds...your body ends up thinking it is starving itself, so when you do eat something your body is going to grab onto every ounce of fat from the food you do eat and store it away.

If you get one of those nifty George Foreman grills and stock your freezer with chicken and salmon you will have an easy, clean, and healthy way to eat...and don't forget your leafy greens!

Excellent advice!!   :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2005, 06:42:11 PM »

For Jane's amusement.

Bear Tart in preparation
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Kerry

« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2005, 06:53:47 PM »

It's about time we talked of cake!!   This site has been noticeably cakeless for several months.

Bruce, you could use all 4 time periods in your new book-- Make it an epoch and give Edna Ferber a run for her money, OR use lots of dream sequnces.  OR try the "Intolerance" approach and go back and forth between the time peiods to illustrate how some things are pretty much the same through the ages.

My voice was at the Selam Diamiond stage yesterday and moved to Bea Arthur.  I couldn't speak at all earlier ( to everyone's relief).  NOW I'm somewhere between Demi Moore and Barry White,
I like boat races.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2005, 07:03:12 PM »

DRPANNI is quite the gaddabout today, is she not?

Actually, I haven't left my desk since around 6 this morning - except to eat, take the Wonderdog out and heed the call of Nature.
But I may soon have to go to Vons or some other exciting place (a) to keep from going crazy and (b) to pick up a some staples. (Whoa! English is the MOST confusing language. Do I need something from Vons to hold together several sheets of paper; or do I need bread and milk?)

Michael

« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2005, 07:03:20 PM »

Wow! DRMichael Shayne, fab!  As to Miss PennyO's theatrical event, isn't the opening night March 17?  Can someone confirm this, Jose, Penny?  I'm urging the migration of all HHW friends to Manhattan, but I ain't got no dates.  I also realize for the event I ain't got no date.  I feel like Gladhand in WSS!

Match 17th is a Thursday. Does that mean there is only one preview on March 16th?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2005, 07:03:59 PM »

Anyone watch the Candide concert?
Never stop dreaming.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2005, 07:04:44 PM »

Congrats on completing your play, DR Michael Shayne!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 07:06:59 PM by Panni »

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2005, 07:47:31 PM »

He's baaaaaccccck.  (No, not me).  Remember that nutcase I posted about a few months ago who kept sending me emails that resembled free-form verse?  (He is also the only person I've ever "met" who somehow manages to get strange HTML coding into the subject lines of his emails).  He's convinced he's Frances Farmer's long lost child given up for adoption.  Of course the fact that she never had children is not dissuading him from his thesis.  Well, now he's sending me pictures of himself, and, like Jonathan on TAR, forcefully contends that he looks quite young for his age.  So, dear friends, if I should mysteriously disappear one day, I have been abducted by this poor deranged soul whose only resemblance to Frances is that HE'S STARK RAVING BONKERS!!!!!   ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 07:48:48 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up