Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BUNNY HOP  (Read 74282 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE BUNNY HOP
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2005, 09:36:59 PM »

What am I, doing a monologue?  No one can seriously be watching this show and even if they are seriously watching this show are they just SITTING there while seven minutes of commercials go by.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2005, 09:37:27 PM »

I've eaten a couple of tortillas with butter - which I enjoy doing from time to time.

BK - Next time, add some cinnamon and sugar!  YUM!
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2005, 09:38:21 PM »

Golden Globes?   I could care less.

The Lovely Wife and I have soothed car accident aches and pains with a long jacuzzi and ample amounts of red wine.  We will probably watch what is left of Iron Chef America as we fix dinner.

As for the Golden Globes...Sideways and Finding Neverland.  I don't care about the rest.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2005, 09:39:43 PM »

Oh... This is not a GG spoiler... just an observation...

When they announced the nominees for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama.... When they got to the last one... The following song started going through my mind...

"One of these is not like the other.
One of these things just doesn't belong..."

:)

*If you look up the list of nominees, I'm pretty sure you'll see who I'm talking about.  But it even looked a little awkward on TV.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2005, 09:42:47 PM »

And I'm assuming that it's the studios that submit the films and tv shows - and they're corresponding actors and actresses - into the Drama and Musical/Comedy categories.  Or is that determined by the GG committee?

-I only ask since my top four Dramas would have been "The Aviator", "Finding Neverland", "Million Dollar Baby" and "Sideways".  -"Sideways", alas, is in the Musical/Comedy category in the GG's.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2005, 09:44:25 PM »

And I'm also guessing that as long as a TV show has started within the voting period, that it can qualify as a Best Series even though it hasn't even been on a whole season, i.e. "Desperate Housewives".
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2005, 09:45:01 PM »

I thought everyone was way too well behaved.  The fun of watching the Golden Globes is someone having too much to drink and being outrageous. Didn't happen.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2005, 09:45:45 PM »

Welcome New DR Cillaliz!

Come on in!  Put your feet up, and tell us a little about yourself!

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2005, 09:46:31 PM »

The studios have nothing to do with the Golden Globes, except for the copious amounts of greasing the palms of the journalists with junkets, free DVDs, gifts, advertisements and on and on.

Howard Shore just won for The Aviator - given how low the score is mixed in the film, how would they know if it's the best score.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2005, 09:47:05 PM »

I feel that this year we shall have the haineshisway.com awards.  What do you think, dear readers?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2005, 09:48:49 PM »

Oh, these SONGS.  These SONGS are making me want to vomit on the ground.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2005, 09:49:04 PM »

What am I, doing a monologue?  No one can seriously be watching this show and even if they are seriously watching this show are they just SITTING there while seven minutes of commercials go by.

Well, people can be doing OTHER things,  no? It's not posting or watching the GG's. Some people might be bowling. Some might be fly fishing. Some might be having torrid s-x. Some could be playing with their pet squirrels. Some might be skinning ocelots.
As for me - I'm enjoying a massive headache.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2005, 09:50:46 PM »

And after that post, it's no wonder.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2005, 09:51:27 PM »

Mick Jagger - Best Song.  Remember when best song used to go to people like Cahn and Van Heusen?

Panni

« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2005, 09:52:52 PM »

I feel that this year we shall have the haineshisway.com awards.  What do you think, dear readers?

What will the award be called? There's the Emmy, the Oscar, ...the what?
The Bruce? The Fish? The Hainsie? The Benjie? The Kritzie?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2005, 09:53:06 PM »

We just had a SERIOUS influx of people arrive.  Yes, Virginia, we've had us an influx.  Let's have some impressions of the Golden Globes.  I did an impresson of the Golden Globes - it was better than Frank Gorshin.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2005, 09:53:31 PM »

Good evening all
This afternoon I was lucky enough to see National Pastime, starring our very own TCB.  I was, for the most part, very impressed by the production.  As always, TCB gave an outstanding performance.  Some of the scenes were pretty intense, but he handled them beautifully.  The rest of the cast was basically very strong.  In my mind, the weakest scenes were between Jackie and his wife Rachel.  The chemistry was just non-existent, and the romance was forced.  I think the actress playing Rachel was talented, but she had trouble with that particular character.  Jackie was good overall, but had trouble with some of the more personal scenes.  In general I enjoyed it very much...I wish all DR's could have seen it.
I didn't have time to stay around and see TCB afterwards, sadly, I had to get home to see my mother and aunt, who were stopping by breifly on their way down to Eugene.  They're driving down as we speak...good vibes for their driving.  

Thank you dear cyber daughter for your nice comments.  I was very sorry not to get a chance to see you after the show.  I guess we will have to hang out at Fred Meyer's again soon.   Or perhaps next time your cyber brother comes West, we can all have dinner together.

It was a wonderful closing show, except for the fact that our Jackie Robinson was quite ill today.  The performances were all fairly strong, although, as Ann mentioned, the woman playing Jackie's wife, Rachel, is the least experienced member of the cast.  About a dozen more votes from friends for this role being "the performance of my life", so maybe that is a sign that I should retire.  Oh wait.  I can't do that....I am still breathing.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts today.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2005, 09:53:37 PM »

They will be called the HHWs.

Cillaliz

« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2005, 09:54:24 PM »

Ok. I live in Iowa, where it is way below zero right now, but that didn't stop me from going out for a hot fudge sundae when the Globes got boring.  

I'm a criminal defense lawyer, but I love music, theater and movies. I used to perform occasionally in college then community theater and singing with a local bar band, but I quit that some time ago.

Now I love being in the audience. After all  "How can there be a parade without a crowd?"  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2005, 09:54:30 PM »

Actors never really retire, do they?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2005, 09:55:19 PM »

How did you find us, cillaliz?  Is your name a combo platter of Cilla Black and Liz Callaway?

Panni

« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2005, 09:55:20 PM »

The sink in my kitchen is making very loud noises. It's grugling for no reason. LOUDLY!
Any ideas as to what this could be? Jose? You seem to know about such things. What does a wildly gurgling sink mean? It's making my head hurt more.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2005, 09:56:05 PM »

My daughter lived in Iowa for a time.  Can't remember the town - Burlingame, maybe?

Panni

« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2005, 09:58:16 PM »

I'm a criminal defense lawyer,

Excellent. Always a good person to know. Just in case.

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2005, 09:58:44 PM »

Ok, I found you just searching around, the conversation looked intersting so I decided to join in. I live in Sioux City, your daughter probably lived in Burlington. And my name is much much more mundane than that..a combo of my first and middle names, Priscilla Elizabeth

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2005, 09:58:52 PM »

I have a rip-roaring headache myself.  But it has nothing to do with the Golden Globes...probably because I'm not watching the Golden Globes.  I switch over once in awhile, but I find them so slow and commercial-ridden, I cant stay on them for very long.  I am watching Desperate Housewives instead, which is much more entertaining...and soon I will be watching Boston Legal.  I hope this headache will leave posthaste.

Cillaliz

« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2005, 10:00:32 PM »

Also, I know Rupert. He mentioned you when I asked him about I Love Fish on Lost in Boston IV. That's how I found the site

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2005, 10:01:21 PM »

The sink in my kitchen is making very loud noises. It's grugling for no reason. LOUDLY!
Any ideas as to what this could be? Jose? You seem to know about such things. What does a wildly gurgling sink mean? It's making my head hurt more.

Rats.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

-Sorry.  And I know that probably didn't help your headache.

:-*

The gurgling happens from time to time.  Could be just some air in your pipes even-ing itself out.  And if your main drainage pipe is linked into the one downstairs, then it could be they have some water draining downstairs too.  So, nothing to worry about.  Now, if the sink is gurgling and starting to back-up all on it's own, then I'd call Mr. Roto-Rooter right away.

And, I repeat... It in NOT rats.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2005, 10:03:18 PM »

We love Rupert.  Well, we're glad you found us.  

I am happy Clint won, but am not happy with what he has done to his face.  I thought he'd be the ONE guy who never did that - his eyes are pulled so tightly it's awful.  It's not like we can't put in a movie from five years ago - people don't youthen, you know.   Their faces don't age to the SIDE.  I don't think Redford has done anything, but it's hard to tell these days.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2005, 10:06:19 PM »

DR Panni - When was the last time you used your sink? Just trying running some water for a couple of seconds and see if that helps.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up