Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS  (Read 13731 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BREAKING NEWS
« on: March 23, 2005, 12:00:12 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know that we've broken the news, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - and, in breaking news, the cows ARE coming home one of these fine days.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 12:00:59 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BREAKING NEWS
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 12:11:15 AM »

And the word of the day is: BUMBERSHOOT!

I must toddle off to the bedroom environment because the Floor Men will be here promptly at eight.

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 02:34:56 AM »

Questions for BK and DRS:

Do you have a favourite Peter Pan related movie, musical and song? My most recent Peter Pan purchase was an Australian theatrical failure "Pan". I am not sure how well-known it is overseas - it had major input from the Jim Henson Creature shop and there are only a couple of songs on the "Soundtrack".

Time for everyone to play their BK produced "Peter Pan" collection.

Partner Colin's favourite Tinkerbell is Julia Roberts.

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 04:38:54 AM »

Question for Pogue:

Do you write the commercial tv versions of your screenplays? (The alternate dialogue [non-swearing] or material not suitable)

Example below for Pyscho III taken from the not always reliable IMDB

The television version has a completely different beginning with titles that appear before Maureen is seen. Also, the first thing heard on the television version is not "there is no God". When Maureen leaves the convent, the television version has narration giving information about Maureen. The beginning titles do not appear while she is walking to the highway in this version.

In the television version, the hooker is not topless but is wearing a towel.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 04:56:18 AM »

Thanks for the link to the review DRJOEY.

Yes, DRJOSE practice up on MAMMA MIA!  We want to hear every note!  Nice coverage of The Met from last night.  Opera audiences sometimes seem as though they are trapped until the last note - then it's like kids when the bell rings at the end of the school day!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 04:57:33 AM »

On the Annette Funicello Yahoo Group (yes there is SUCH a thing) - a member mentioned that he went to Best Buy as well to get THUNDER ALLEY/FIREBALL 500 and that it was not in their system.  They finally found it, spelled incorrectly, and set for release on June 7!  So who knows?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 04:59:12 AM »

My first question for ASK BK day - did you ever watch any particular soap opera?  If so, why this particular one....did you ever audition for a soap opera or get involved in writing for one for any length of time?  I don't see this information on DR MS's site, but I may have missed it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 04:59:44 AM »

DR BEN how did Anthony's audition go?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 05:00:02 AM by JRand54 »

Michael

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 05:00:23 AM »

My first question for ASK BK day - did you ever watch any particular soap opera?  If so, why this particular one....did you ever audition for a soap opera or get involved in writing for one for any length of time?  I don't see this information on DR MS's site, but I may have missed it.

As far as I know he has never done a soap
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 05:00:43 AM »

According to the weather reports for New York for the rest of the week and into the weekend I will most likely need a BUMBERSHOOT

The New York Times review of Glass Menagerie was, as the British say, spot on, which is sad because I do love the show. Since you need to register to read the NYTimes on-line I won't post the link. Those of you already registered can surf over there and read on your own.

Anthony will not be playing Applegate in Damn Yankees, but the good news is he is under serious consideration for Van Buren, the coach, who gets to sing Heart. He won't find out until the first week of April. The theatre has to finish up casting Beauty and the Beast before they make final decisions on DY. I guess I will have to keep my fingers crossed longer, which makes typing without errors very difficult. Mr. Morelli is a bit disappointed that he won't be playing Applegate but is still happy that he may have a paying job after Forum closes.

No questions yet. Looks like a quiet morning on the homefront.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 05:00:44 AM »

WE buy our birthday cakes at the Kroger Store.  For special occasions we go to Dairy Queen and get an ICE CREAM cake!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 05:14:51 AM »

Well the "Menagerie" reviews seem to put the blame on the director David Leveaux - although the New Jersey paper thought all the curtain manipulation as an audience distraction was a great success.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 05:17:12 AM »

Thank you DR MS!

Van Buren also gets to do all that funny stuff when Joe comes in to pitch, make up all those funny signals to the players, AND sing in "Shoeless Joe From Hannibal, MO!"  It's a great part!

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 05:18:33 AM »

BUMBERSHOOTS are the order of the day here in SW Ohio, too.  It's very gloomy.

Thanks to both Jose and DearReaderLaura in the quest for a kite cookie cutter.

Ben's mention of Vernor's and Faygo yesterday brought back many memories of growing up in Detroit.  I never cared for Vernor's, except as a hot drink (sounds awful, but very warming on a cold Michigan day).  What really made me smile was remembering the Faygo commercials in which Herkimer the Bottle-Blower (this was when soft drinks still came in redeemable glass bottles) became "too pooped to participate."
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 05:18:56 AM »

OH - and since my Van Buren could dance (when I directed it many years ago) I put him with Lola and another guy in "Who's Got the Pain?"!!!

Ben

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 05:19:22 AM »

I  HATED the curtain thing (and no, I'm not going to change the word hate because it effectively expresses my loathing of that particular stage device, so there too   ;) )

Yes, I think much of the blame can be put squarely on the shoulders of the director, Mr. Leveaux.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 05:23:04 AM by Ben »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2005, 05:19:46 AM »

Bumbershoot weather here as well.  Looks like Mary Poppins is going up and down the sidewalk.

Ben

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 05:22:23 AM »

Oh, my Ginny. I just had such memories from your mention of "too pooped to participate" Thanks!

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2005, 05:23:59 AM »

Ben - sorry Anthony didn't get the part he wanted in Damn Yankees.  After meeting him Saturday, I'm sure he will do well in any role and I can picture him singing "Heart" with a lot of it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 05:26:12 AM »

Here is a link to some Faygo triva for those of you wondering what it's all about (Alfie)

http://www.angelfire.com/tn/traderz/faygo.html

There is also an official Faygo site

http://www.faygo.com/faygoweb.swf
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 05:29:15 AM by Ben »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 05:39:23 AM »

Good morning, all!  I'm running late this morning, about 45 minutes or so late.  Today's my last day of socializing in a week:  Dinner wth DR WF Orr and Joe, and I look forward to meeting them this evening.  Last night I had dinner with Martin Connor, a wonderful man I've known since 1988 or so.  He's been performing in Brooklyn with an RSC offshoot "The Shakespeare Review," which was released on CD several years ago.  Since I last saw him in London in November 1999 for the performances of JUBILEE, which the BBC Radio-3 later broadcast, we had a lot of catching up to do.

If I have any questions, they will have to wait until I return later in the day!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 05:53:09 AM »

Good morning, all!  I'm running late this morning, about 45 minutes or so late.

Don't for get your BUMBERSHOOT, DRelmore!

Ben, thanks for the Faygo links - I'd forgotten The Faygo Kid.

Danise, I'm glad to hear you're home safe and sound.  It was fun to be your neighbor for a couple of days!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2005, 06:31:17 AM »

Breaking news for some:

ALL AMERICAN IDOL VOTES FROM LAST NIGHT THROWN OUT.

You will have to watch and re-vote tonight.  Some wrong numbers were put up for some of the contestants.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2005, 06:57:52 AM »

Yes, I read the story on AOL about having to revote on IDOL tonight. I'll be watching ALIAS at 9, so I guess I'll have to vote afterwards. I already know I want Mikalah to go home this week. She's simply out of her depth with these other singers, and no re-do is going to change that..
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2005, 06:58:33 AM »

It's bumbershoot weather here today as well. Very gray and dreary, but it's supposed to get to near 70 temperature-wise.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2005, 07:00:03 AM »

bk gets a cake craving, and I unfortunately had an ice cream craving last night which I unfortunately indulged.

I try to limit my ice cream intake to one day a week - Friday has been the day for months, but last night I dove into the ice cream with a frenzy. Hopefully, I can skip it on Friday, but we'll have to wait until then to see if I can do it.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2005, 07:04:33 AM »

My favorite PETER PAN has always been the Disney version. Used to dream about being able to fly and always hoped as a kid that one day, a pill or something would be invented to make us all lighter than air (maybe if I'd lay off the ice cream, I'd have a better shot at that!)

And I've written here before about the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland that so captivated me.

Undoubtedly, Disney PETER PAN has always been my favorite.

I despise HOOK. I look forward to seeing FINDING NEVERLAND at some point.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2005, 07:16:43 AM »

JOEY!! Thanks for the Broadwayworld.com link - did anyone notice the nice write-up Michael Dale gave to Jose, for his beautiful singing??? How perspicacious of him!!

Jose, see ya later!
PennyO

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2005, 07:42:22 AM »

Penny - congratulations to you and Jose on the broadwayworld.com review!  I was honored to be at your show Saturday with the best-behaved of all the audiences I was in over the weekend  ::)

Hope your second week is going well and that you have a sell-out weekend.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2005, 07:44:06 AM »

Questions for BK and DRS:

Do you have a favourite Peter Pan related movie, musical and song? My most recent Peter Pan purchase was an Australian theatrical failure "Pan". I am not sure how well-known it is overseas - it had major input from the Jim Henson Creature shop and there are only a couple of songs on the "Soundtrack".

Time for everyone to play their BK produced "Peter Pan" collection.

Partner Colin's favourite Tinkerbell is Julia Roberts.

I love The Second Star to the Right, Never Never Land, and Once Upon a Time (Bricusse/Newley) from the Mia Farrow version.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up