Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MOXIE  (Read 29866 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:MOXIE
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2005, 08:36:01 PM »

Hmmm....

There was this noise... Then a slight dimming of the lights... Then the picture on the TV screen went black... Hmm...

I tried resetting it - the cable box seems to work fine, but the TV appears dead.   Guess a fuse or tube blew, or something like that. Hmm...

My roomies are already asleep, so...

Hmm...

Ah, well...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 08:37:17 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2005, 08:44:40 PM »

:)

Maybe we can grab a couple of 2 for 1 margaritas beforehand.

;)
and some chicken mole :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2005, 08:45:45 PM »

Back from a lovely dinner meeting with a prosepective marketing and publicity person - we all really liked him.  He'll read the play, and if he likes it, then we'll talk turkey.  After that, we'll eat turkey, and after that we'll have the money discussion.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2005, 08:46:48 PM »

We've had our first Kevin Spirtas preorder, so jump right in, the water's fine.

Jason

« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2005, 08:50:14 PM »

Greetings from the Big Apple. I'm going to bed in a few minutes because 1) I'm really tired and 2) I have to be in to work half an hour early. After work, the amateur department is going on a "field trip" to Carmine's and the Palace Theatre to see ALL SHOOK UP. This will be my FOURTH time seeing that show, and while I thought it was a lot of fun, I'd rather pass on tomorrow's festivities. I spend enough time with my co-workers, and I don't really like that many of them all that much, so to have to spend the evening with them doesn't sound all too appealing. They're disguising the trip as a "morale booster" to get us into the busy season. Really, it's an opportunity for everyone to see the show so we'll/they'll know what to talk about when people want to license it.

DR Jose: Congrats on the LITTLE SHOP gig - or at least the possiblity of the LITTLE SHOP gig. When would you go out and for how long?

I've come to the conclusion that I'm a little bit depressed right now. Is that like being a little bit dead or a little bit pregnant? it just seems like anything and everything that could go wrong or go sour has gone wrong or sour in the last three weeks. The disappointing bonus, the Greek, that play I was supposed to do, my job (which is becoming increasingly unbearable) and every imaginable bill coming due now, including the first of my CPAP payments which was $225 - I think I'm at my limit. I know my problems are NOTHING compared to those of the poor folks on the Delta Coast and I wouldn't dare compare my woes to theirs, but I honestly feel like there's only so much disappointment and so many unpleasant surprises that a person can take before they feel a bit overwhelmed by it all. I don't feel like being around people, I stay shut up in my room when I can and I've been alarmingly angry - at everyone and everything - for the last few weeks. That's not like me.

I realize that many of my recent posts have taken an Eeyore-ish tone and I've done a lot of complaining and whining and ranting and I apologize for it. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to get myself out of this funk. I just thank you all for putting up with it.

And with that, I'm going to shower and go to bed. Tomorrow is new day, right? As DR Jose pointed out as he so kindly and patiently listened to my breakdown earlier tonight, this onslaught of let-downs and frustrations may just be the setup for something wonderful. From Jose's lips to God's ears...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 08:52:31 PM by Jason »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2005, 08:56:19 PM »

:)

Maybe we can grab a couple of 2 for 1 margaritas beforehand.

I had a couple of them myself tonight.   ;D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that I'm a little bit depressed right now. Is that like being a little bit dead or a little bit pregnant?
No, it's not at all like being a little bit dead or a little bit pregnant.  Depression can always come in gradations.

You certainly remember what it was like being depressed in the first grade, then in the second grade, then in the third grade...

:-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2005, 09:01:32 PM »

Oh, Jason, don't apologize. Everyone goes through period of having the mean reds (ask Holly Golightly), and things will get better. Hard to see that happening right now, but I promise you that things will get better.

Last fall, I was in the midst of that miserable SOMETHING'S AFOOT, and I had auditioned for NUNCRACKERS but had gotten no word after a week and was feeling about as low as I can remember feeling in a long time. A couple of friends told me they had never seen or heard me in such a low state of mind. I got the phone call offering me Father Virgil in NUNCRACKERS, and all of a sudden, my world got a whole lot brighter.

It can happen just like that. Just know that around one of those NYC corners is going to be a NICE surprise for you. Don't know which one or how long it will take to get to it, but trust that it IS there.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 09:03:00 PM by Matt H. »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #188 on: August 29, 2005, 09:02:05 PM »

Jason, I think you came up with a pretty good definition off being depressed :)  I'm sorry that you've been feeling down lately.

My theory has always been that when you deal with what seems like way more than your share of bullsh*t, it just means that all of the bad stuff that would normally be spread out over a longer period of time has been gotten out of the way and only good things will happen.  That theory and a ton of paxil got me through my college years.

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2005, 09:05:33 PM »

Paxil, that's the name of the little chihuaua that Joan Collins carried in her handbag on that one episode of WILL & GRACE that she guest-starred on.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: August 29, 2005, 09:07:04 PM »

And now, past the midnight hour here, I must get to bed. Only got 6 1/2 hours of sleep last night, and, like Oliver Twist, I'd really like some more.

Good night.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2005, 09:39:17 PM »

Oh! and about that TOD, how about a time machine back twenty-nine years ago last week, so that we could all be there for the birth of DR TCB?   ;)

Ahhhh, bless you, St. Anthony!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2005, 09:41:56 PM »

Well, I'm gonna try to read a chapter or two of the book I started while I was in Williamstown... I should have been done by now..

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2005, 09:44:38 PM »

Jed!  Don't you have work to do???
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2005, 09:45:57 PM »

Jose, when you mentioned you were doing DAMN YANKEES at the Arena, I didn't realize that Brad Oscar was playing Applegate.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2005, 09:56:03 PM »

Jose, when you mentioned you were doing DAMN YANKEES at the Arena, I didn't realize that Brad Oscar was playing Applegate.

Why, yes.  Yes he is.

The news was not official until last week, so that's why I didn't mention the casting earlier.  It'll be a homecoming for him since he's from right outside of DC, Silver Spring, MD.  His sister, Victoria is also an actress.  So, we'll have Brad Oscar as Applegate and Matt Bogart as Joe Hardy.  And the search for our Lola will continue in a few weeks.  Alice Ripley was sort of lined up for it, but she got lured to L.A. for a few months.

I'm very much looking forward to the production.  And all those baseball uniforms! And Matt Bogart in a towel!  *Although, in that Jockey ad he did, he was in less... and something tells me he may be in "less" again too for the show.  One can dream, can't I?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2005, 09:57:40 PM »

And before I go - again - I was just reading Heloise... The second part of this made me LOL.  Enjoy!

Dear Heloise: Concerning family members missing from wedding (or other) PHOTOS, if the photos are digital, any amateur with photo software can take another photo of the missing individual and insert it, so that it really looks like the person is a part of the picture. You should be able to find someone among your young friends who can do this, or it can be done professionally. -- John Christoffers, via e-mail

We also got an e-mail from Portia Hawley of Orem, Utah. She says: "My daughter Julianne was married last year, and her new husband has two brothers. At the time of the wedding, one of the brothers couldn't attend because he was serving a mission in Australia. My daughter's new mother-in-law works for a local copy store. Before the wedding, she asked her son's mission president to e-mail her a digital photo of her son, which she received and had enlarged, printed 'life-size' and backed on heavy cardboard. When we took photos, we put the 'brother' in them. It felt like he was right there with his family."

...I wonder if they still have the cut out.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #197 on: August 29, 2005, 09:58:50 PM »

Yes, DRTCB - I Miss Deborah Walley passed away in May, 2003.  She is survived by her two sons - children she had when she was married to John Ashley - he had EEEEEEEEE-OOOOOOOOOOO, ya know!

Deborah was in many films in the early 60's, and played the title role in GIDGET GOES HAWAIIAN.  But the film I like her best in is SUMMER MAGIC.  She plays the stuck-up cousin who eventually turns out to be OKAY, and she is the subject of one of the funniest songs in the movie "She Thinks She's the Pink of Perfection" sung by Hayley Mills and Eddie Hodges.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 10:00:40 PM by JRand55 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #198 on: August 29, 2005, 10:00:14 PM »

LOL DRJOSE - the problem with my family is taking people OUT of the photos!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #199 on: August 29, 2005, 10:01:18 PM »

Yes, I heard that Brad was looking forward to it as a kind of homecoming.  He is a very nice man.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2005, 10:01:22 PM »

Person with the MOST Moxie: Betty Hutton.

Television character with the MOST Moxie: Lucy Ricardo

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2005, 10:01:53 PM »

DRJMK - how did the house drama turn out?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2005, 10:03:46 PM »

....................- he had EEEEEEEEE-OOOOOOOOOOO, ya know!

???
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2005, 10:03:47 PM »

I just smashed a bug on my monitor screen.

GET RID OF ALLERGIES vibes to DR RLP.  Mine were acting up today as well, and I expect more of the same as the rain starts at week's end.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2005, 10:05:18 PM »

???

OMG - DRTCB..... Ya Gotta Have EEE-OOOO was sung by Mr John Ashley in HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER and was also featured on the CD JEEPERS CREEPERS as part of a Monster Medley!   ;D

Donchu know nuthin' bout kulture and musik?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2005, 10:06:31 PM »

remember DRJASON:

Would you rather be a left-handed flea
Or a crab on a slab at the bottom of the sea
Or a fig on a twig in Gallilee......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2005, 10:08:15 PM »

Time for now to go to bed.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2005, 10:10:54 PM »

OMG - DRTCB..... Ya Gotta Have EEE-OOOO was sung by Mr John Ashley in HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER and was also featured on the CD JEEPERS CREEPERS as part of a Monster Medley!   ;D

Donchu know nuthin' bout kulture and musik?

I think Musik is what I have been eating for breakfast.
“One thing’s universal,

Jed

« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2005, 10:17:11 PM »

I think I'm at my limit. I know my problems are NOTHING compared to those of the poor folks on the Delta Coast and I wouldn't dare compare my woes to theirs, but I honestly feel like there's only so much disappointment and so many unpleasant surprises that a person can take before they feel a bit overwhelmed by it all. I don't feel like being around people, I stay shut up in my room when I can and I've been alarmingly angry - at everyone and everything - for the last few weeks. That's not like me.

I realize that many of my recent posts have taken an Eeyore-ish tone and I've done a lot of complaining and whining and ranting and I apologize for it. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to get myself out of this funk. I just thank you all for putting up with it.

Sounds oh so very familiar.  Ultimately I found the remedy was to date my roommate.  Granted, the results of this method may vary widely, so PLEASE ignore this at your discretion. :D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 10:22:58 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2005, 10:22:31 PM »

Sounds oh so very familiar.  My cure ended up being starting to date my roommate, so I have no idea what the hell to say for you! :D

Ahhhh, you started dating your sister!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up