Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Z CRAZY  (Read 74675 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:Z CRAZY
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2005, 09:19:32 AM »

LOL....DRMATTH, I agree with you!  Most of Bing's musicals were just vehicles for his particular and special talent....including JFY and HCTG.  Enjoyable but not memorable.  

But as you say certain moments are special.  And I also agree that Wyman would have been a knockout in an MGM musical.  She was a bit old for the Grayson and Powell roles of the 50's.....and she probably wouldn't have taken the Dolores Gray roles....supporting parts they were.  We will just have to settle for ZING and COOL COOL COOL OF THE EVENING.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2005, 09:24:20 AM »

A Jane Wyman picture I haven't seen for many years and would like to see again is LUCY GALLANT....co-starring with Charlton Heston.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »

Catsup on burgers.

Mustard on hot dogs...and it must be a dark brown mustard like Gulden's.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2005, 09:46:13 AM »

DRGEORGE posted one of my favorite songs!!!  It must be seen in the film JUST FOR YOU with Bing and Jane to be fully appreciated....  I love that song!  In fact DRGEORGE sent me a CD single of it! :)

That's why I mentioned it!  I never would have heard of it if you hadn't sent me that iTunes gift certificate!  I've gotten a few more songs from there. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2005, 09:48:25 AM »

DR Vixmom, if you are ever waiting for someone at the Stage Door again, you can usually just ask someone inside the door to let you know if the star will be coming out.  They usually check, as often they have snuck out another exit or are greeting guests in their dressing room.

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2005, 09:50:45 AM »

DR MattH, I decided to watch REUNION since my sis said she thought i would like it.  But I hated it!  It was so predictable, and i cannot stand when the upcoming reveals are completely obvious (like Will being sent to jail, or Jenna and the guy who liked her having sex when the other girl was going to declare her feelings to him.).

Plus watching that woman from the OC try to play a 17 yr old was too much for me! :)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2005, 10:04:37 AM »

DR Vixmom, if you are ever waiting for someone at the Stage Door again, you can usually just ask someone inside the door to let you know if the star will be coming out.  They usually check, as often they have snuck out another exit or are greeting guests in their dressing room.

She did that, she asked everybody who came out and they all said. "I don't know if he's coming out, he's still in there now".  After nearly an hour we persuaded her that he was probably taking a nap between shows and we should move on.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jason

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2005, 10:05:43 AM »

Hugh Panaro tends to sneak out the front of the theatre to avoid some of the more avid Phan-atics. I believe DR Jose even had a story about running into Hugh one day on 44th street as he was trying to avoid a Phantom Phreak. Some of them tend to go a little overboard which, unfortunately, ruins it for the normal folk who just want to meet and greet.

TOD: Heinz Ketchup or none at all. None of that catsup crap. I hate, hate, hate mustard, though I can sometimes stand the straight up yellow variation on a hot dog. I love, love, love chili on hot dogs (the chili dogs at Arties are very, very good) and I love Hellman's mayonnaise.

I'm one of the few in the northeast who slops on the Miracle Whip. It's a southern thing, I guess. I like it best when the Whip is really cold and you put it on a hot fried egg sandwich. Yuuuu-umm!

Re. sauces: I love a good meat sauce. I even love bad (Prego) sauces. I'm poor, so that's all I can afford. You acquire a taste, I guess...

Alfredo sauce is a particular favorite, and I must have tartar sauce on my fish if it's fried. I'm also a big fan of gravies. Any sort of gravy. It's dee-lish.

I had a follow-up appointment with my sleep doctor today. He gave me two big thumbs up, told me my recent week of depression most likely was a result of my body "dreaming" too much too quickly and said I would be fine. I don't have to go back for another follow-up for one year. Woohoo!

vixmom

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2005, 10:07:07 AM »

How did the FIDDLER ON THE ROOF auditions go?  Did Tevye walk in?

We may never know since Dear Reader Stuart deserted us.
Have we ever discovered what caused him to leave?  I miss his smiling face.

Ben

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2005, 10:16:14 AM »

It was said by two HHWers (actually Ginny and Larry):

Hi, Elmore - Late lunch at Barrymore's 3 (count 'em, 3) weeks from today?  Not that I'm counting or anything...

Well, actually, I was thinking about dinner at Barrymore's with you, Danise, Cillaliz, MBarnum, and any locals who feeli like coming along, say, around 6:00 pm?

Count me in! I'll put it on the calendar and try to persuade Mr. Morelli to join us.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 10:16:37 AM by Ben »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2005, 10:17:28 AM »

We may never know since Dear Reader Stuart deserted us.
Have we ever discovered what caused him to leave?  I miss his smiling face.

It's my belief it was a misread attempt at humor from another DR, but I will say no more.

Right now I'm fuming over a call from a Chicago DARLING OF THE DAY rehearsal concerning a song that was "adapted" from the Jule Styne manuscript for the Mufti performances.  It was my understanding the ms should be used (I personally hate the revisical theory of "The composer's dead, let's rewrite him") as it is on the original demo.  I was just told what they had didn't match the demo!  And what can I do about it from this distance?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 10:18:03 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2005, 10:18:09 AM »

Hugh Panaro tends to sneak out the front of the theatre to avoid some of the more avid Phan-atics. I believe DR Jose even had a story about running into Hugh one day on 44th street as he was trying to avoid a Phantom Phreak. Some of them tend to go a little overboard which, unfortunately, ruins it for the normal folk who just want to meet and greet.
 Its really too bad.  This day there were just the Vixter, her dad and me, a teenage girl with her dad and a young couple in their early twenties.

I'm one of the few in the northeast who slops on the Miracle Whip. It's a southern thing, I guess. I like it best when the Whip is really cold and you put it on a hot fried egg sandwich. Yuuuu-umm!
 Whipped cream on a fried egg sandwich?  I have never heard of this, buit if its full of fat, cholesterol and calories how bad could it be? :D

Alfredo sauce is a particular favorite, and I must have tartar sauce on my fish if it's fried. I'm also a big fan of gravies. Any sort of gravy. It's dee-lish

Me too!

I had a follow-up appointment with my sleep doctor today. He gave me two big thumbs up, told me my recent week of depression most likely was a result of my body "dreaming" too much too quickly and said I would be fine. I don't have to go back for another follow-up for one year. Woohoo!

Excellent news!!!  BTW will I be meeting you on the 5th of October?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 10:19:54 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2005, 10:21:59 AM »

It's my belief it was a misread attempt at humor from another DR, but I will say no more.
Oh, I hope he will reconsider.

Right now I'm fuming over a call from a Chicago DARLING OF THE DAY rehearsal concerning a song that was "adapted" from the Jule Styne manuscript for the Mufti performances.  It was my understanding the ms should be used (I personally hate the revisical theory of "The composer's dead, let's rewrite him") as it is on the original demo.  I was just told what they had didn't match the demo!  And what can I do about it from this distance?
How frustrating for you.  What do they expect you to do?

Jason

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2005, 10:29:09 AM »

Depending on my schedule at the Met, you can count me in on the Barrymore's fun, too. I'll make note of it on my calendar right this second.

vixmom

« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2005, 10:29:18 AM »

It was said by two HHWers (actually Ginny and Larry):

Hi, Elmore - Late lunch at Barrymore's 3 (count 'em, 3) weeks from today?  Not that I'm counting or anything...

Well, actually, I was thinking about dinner at Barrymore's with you, Danise, Cillaliz, MBarnum, and any locals who feeli like coming along, say, around 6:00 pm?

Count me in! I'll put it on the calendar and try to persuade Mr. Morelli to join us.

How is Anthony's ankle these days?  

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2005, 10:31:36 AM »

She did that, she asked everybody who came out and they all said. "I don't know if he's coming out, he's still in there now".  After nearly an hour we persuaded her that he was probably taking a nap between shows and we should move on.

No, I meant you should ask the guy who sits inside the Stage Door to check for you.  If they know a fan is waiting for a particular actor, they will go inside and check for you.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2005, 10:32:26 AM »

Well, I've had two phone calls in a row forcing me to leave my desk; both are prerecorded messages, "Vote for me in tomorrow's primary."  Christ!   The tv and radio ads are more than enough.  Why isn't this against the law?

As to DARLING OF THE DAY, I love the show and the adaptation, but this phone call really has me pissed.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2005, 10:34:52 AM »

No, I meant you should ask the guy who sits inside the Stage Door to check for you.  If they know a fan is waiting for a particular actor, they will go inside and check for you.

This particular stage door is down a looooong alleyway with signs posted all over saying "RESTRICTED AREA AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY"

Vixdad did suggest walking down and knocking on the door but our good  law-abiding daughter pointed out the signs and said "NO! NO! We might get sued!!!"

vixmom

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2005, 10:38:17 AM »

Well, I've had two phone calls in a row forcing me to leave my desk; both are prerecorded messages, "Vote for me in tomorrow's primary."  Christ!   The tv and radio ads are more than enough.  Why isn't this against the law?

Does the  "DO NOT CALL " registry cover campaign calls?  
Probably not, it would be just like those sneaky politicians to exempt themselves....

Jason

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2005, 10:49:36 AM »

Its really too bad.  This day there were just the Vixter, her dad and me, a teenage girl with her dad and a young couple in their early twenties.  Whipped cream on a fried egg sandwich?  I have never heard of this, buit if its full of fat, cholesterol and calories how bad could it be? :D.

Me too!Excellent news!!!  BTW will I be meeting you on the 5th of October?

Goodness! I don't think I've been quoted that much in my entire life! :)

I forgot that you saw the matinee. It is quite possible he was staying in for a nap between shows. The makeup he wears takes nearly 2 hours to put on and 45 minutes to take off. I'm sure he was hiding out in his dressing room. Who could blame him?!

Now, not to disappoint, but - it's not whipped cream on a fried egg sandwich. It's Miracle Whip on a fried egg sandwich. Miracle Whip - the salad dressing with zing!

I will be joining the group for the October 5 frolick. I wouldn't miss it for the world! I've already been approved to have the day off.  And I can't wait to meet the Vixter - she sounds like a neat kid! ;D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2005, 10:51:44 AM »

Elmore, I mentioned this ages ago, but I have the demo.  Do you know anything about it?  Even Mandelbaum was clueless.  It's an amazingly "big" recording for a demo, full orchestra, good singers.  Which cut number are you talking about?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jason

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2005, 10:56:53 AM »

This particular stage door is down a looooong alleyway with signs posted all over saying "RESTRICTED AREA AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY"

Vixdad did suggest walking down and knocking on the door but our good  law-abiding daughter pointed out the signs and said "NO! NO! We might get sued!!!"

The stage door to the Majestic is nearly impossible to find. It shares an alleyway with the Golden and (formerly) Royale and is waaaaay back in the corner in the back of the alley. My friend, Julie, was the Christine alternate in the Broadway company for nearly three years and she left something for me at the stage door once. I was a nervous wreck trying to find that damned stage door! Once you find it, though, it's a cinch to find again.

It's too bad Julie's not still in the show - she'd have given you guys a backstage tour. She gave me one when she was touring with the show - it's fascinating! So many exquisite costumes and wigs and set pieces. I was in Heaven.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2005, 10:57:06 AM »

Elmore, I mentioned this ages ago, but I have the demo.  Do you know anything about it?  Even Mandelbaum was clueless.  It's an amazingly "big" recording for a demo, full orchestra, good singers.  Which cut number are you talking about?

"That Stranger in Your Eyes."  The demos are great.  I know nothing about them beyond having them.

vixmom

« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2005, 11:01:28 AM »

Goodness! I don't think I've been quoted that much in my entire life! :)
 ;D ;D Here I go again!!

I forgot that you saw the matinee. It is quite possible he was staying in for a nap between shows. The makeup he wears takes nearly 2 hours to put on and 45 minutes to take off. I'm sure he was hiding out in his dressing room. Who could blame him?!
I never thought of that, more fool me!! Of course he wouldn't want to bother with takingit off and putting it on again!!

Now, not to disappoint, but - it's not whipped cream on a fried egg sandwich. It's Miracle Whip on a fried egg sandwich. Miracle Whip - the salad dressing with zing!
well that sounds more reasonable... and good!  I shall have try that... I fear my cholesteol levels may be dangerously low!!!

I will be joining the group for the October 5 frolick. I wouldn't miss it for the world! I've already been approved to have the day off.  And I can't wait to meet the Vixter - she sounds like a neat kid! ;D
Thank you.  I like her.  :D  I am so glad you will be there,  however, how WILL we recognize you?!  :D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 11:16:22 AM by vixmom »

Ben

« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2005, 11:07:57 AM »

Larry said:

Well, I've had two phone calls in a row forcing me to leave my desk; both are prerecorded messages, "Vote for me in tomorrow's primary."  Christ!  The tv and radio ads are more than enough.  Why isn't this against the law?

We have begun NOT to answer the phone these past weeks. We are INNUNDATED with these ridiculous calls. They seem to be the way to go in political campaigns these days. If the machine picks up it usually hangs up although sometimes it will go through and the beginning of a recorded endorsement comes on. At that point, I pick up the phone, press hang up and shut it off. The primary here in New York is tomorrow. If there is no clear winner in a couple of the contests there will be a run off on September 27th which will keep the phone calls coming. Even if there is a clear winner in the mayoral primary, the calls won't stop because the general election is not until November.

And, to answer Vixmom's questions, I do believe Do Not Call exempts political calls. What a surprise  >:(

Ben

« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2005, 11:09:03 AM »

I know what Jason looks like, but that doesn't help you now does it?  ;)

vixmom

« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2005, 11:20:34 AM »

I know what Jason looks like, but that doesn't help you now does it?  ;)

Only if you play hookey  and stand next to him! :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2005, 11:31:01 AM »

May drive over to the Dale of Glen to peruse some paperback books of interest to me.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2005, 11:32:20 AM »

OK, half-heimers alert department:  I've been listening to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels this morning.  And David Yazbek's surname is ringing a bell with me (I know about his other scores, it's not that).  Wasn't there another musician, maybe a folkie, with that surname?  
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 11:43:20 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jason

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2005, 11:33:45 AM »

Well, now that I've started this new Pilates program, not even DR Jose himself will recognize me! I'm going to be svelt and gorgeous, as opposed to just being gorgeous. ;)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up