Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Z CRAZY  (Read 76205 times)

Jason

Re:Z CRAZY
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2005, 01:08:16 PM »

The talk of sauces led me to request ranch dressing on my turkey breast shorti-hogie at WaWa for lunch, instead of my customary mayo and mustard.  I can't say that it really made enough of an impression to do that kind of thing again.

Ahhh...the WaWa. They have some incredible glazed donuts that I just love. And this may sound strange, but there was something about their bottled Orange Juice that just made me happy.

WaWa is one of the two things I miss about Bucks County Playhouse.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2005, 01:40:49 PM »

Whipped cream on a fried egg sandwich?  I have never heard of this, buit if its full of fat, cholesterol and calories how bad could it be? :D.

Miracle Whip is not whipped cream but rather a whipped mayonaise substitute. It IS a southern tradition, and there are fewer things more wonderful in life than this.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2005, 01:44:11 PM »

Does the  "DO NOT CALL " registry cover campaign calls?  
Probably not, it would be just like those sneaky politicians to exempt themselves....

I'm not sure many solicitors are paying attention to the registry any more. I suspect they haven't been taken to court yet. For awhile I was getting no calls, but in the last month or two, I've gotten quite a few, and when I challenge them and remind them about the registry, they always apologize and say they must have an old list or that my name didn't appear on it - all lies, of course.

And my registry registration doesn't expire until 2008 so that's not the problem.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2005, 01:44:38 PM »

They took DR Sandra back to meet her phantom while they were taking off the makeup.

We probably should have sent her back by herself, maybe they would have taken pity on her! :D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2005, 01:46:57 PM »

Sorry to read about your late summer cold symptoms, DR Ron. Hopefully, they will work their way out of your system soon.

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2005, 01:49:09 PM »

I tuned in about 15 minutes late to DAYS OF OUR LIVES (I was out to lunch with friends), and there was a wedding going on, so I'm thinking maybe Kevin's song came before the ceremony.

I will either watch or record the rerun tonight on SoapNet (7 p.m.), and that way I can speed through it to just his part of the episode.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 01:49:33 PM by Matt H. »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2005, 01:50:46 PM »

Oh....whew!  I thought that was a picture of Melanie Griffith!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2005, 01:51:43 PM »

COntinued watching EVIL UNDER THE SUN this afternoon, and enjoyed it thoroughly. This DVD was mastered by Anchor Bay, and I have to say that it does not look as good as the transfer of MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS that Paramount supervised itself. And I need to watch THAT mystery again very soon, too.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2005, 01:52:26 PM »

No DRVIXMOM, we have performances this week Wed-Fri.  And I am hoping SOMEONE is reading his script today.  We even have a pickup rehearsal tomorrow evening, so we will know for sure.

My guess is he thinks he's doing fine.....he got through it.  But MAYBE it has dawned on him that he is letting us ALL down....and the audience DOES know he doesn't know his lines.

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2005, 01:52:41 PM »

No way! The unmasked Phantom looks a lot better than Melanie Griffith.  :o

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2005, 01:53:02 PM »

EVIL UNDER THE SUN...is Nicholas Clay in that movie?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2005, 01:53:45 PM »

No way! The unmasked Phantom looks a lot better than Melanie Griffith.  :o

LOL....  I have no response to that!  ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2005, 01:54:37 PM »

Such a gorgeous day here today. A nice breeze all day long - moderate temperatures (high - 84) and low humidity. I'd like it a bit cooler and crisper, but otherwise, it's been glorious.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2005, 01:55:22 PM »

LOL....  I have no response to that!  ;D

The Phantom also has far fewer tattoos!   ::)

Jason

« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2005, 01:56:16 PM »

A sandwich just isn't a sandwich without the tangy taste of Miracle Whip...

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2005, 01:56:34 PM »

I was going to watch MY BEAUTIFUL LAUNDRETTE, but then I realized I got A HOME AT THE END OF THE WORLD for my birthday, and I haven't watched IT yet!

Tonight, for sure!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2005, 02:07:35 PM »

ROTFLMAO, DRJRand55! ;D
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jed

« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2005, 02:11:56 PM »

I tuned in about 15 minutes late to DAYS OF OUR LIVES (I was out to lunch with friends), and there was a wedding going on, so I'm thinking maybe Kevin's song came before the ceremony.

I will either watch or record the rerun tonight on SoapNet (7 p.m.), and that way I can speed through it to just his part of the episode.

I, too, tuned in at about 1:15.  By 2:00 I realized I'd missed the song.  Oh well, these things do happen.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2005, 02:12:07 PM »

I just got a lovely email from Miss Susan Egan.  I love her!  I've been playing her "coffee House" recording a lot.

I love that recording, too!  I listened to it both times that I went to Portland for our HHW gatherings!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2005, 02:13:46 PM »

I set my VCR.  I'll speed through it tonight.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: September 12, 2005, 02:17:34 PM »

UNBELIEVABLE!  I went to the Dale of Glen, did what I needed, and headed home.  As I approached Laurel Canyon to get off the freeway, the traffic was backed up about a half-mile.  I finally got on the off ramp to find out that the signal was out.  I turned right to go to my mail place and the traffic lights were out on that street also, and the traffic was a madhouse.  I finally got through the intersection and went to the mail place.  I did see someone shooting video footage of the traffic.  I went into the mail place - the electricity was OFF.  The mail guy told me it was off everywhere.  I got my mail, and then turned on the radio in the car and indeed LA suffered a huge power outage, affecting certain areas from downtown LA to Hollywood, to mid-Wilshire to the airport (oh, it didn't affect the airport - I just heard - in other words, the lovely stupid jerk media just said it had without having any facts) to almost the entire southern floor of the Valley, including Burbank, Glendale, Studio City, Sherman Oaks, North Hollywood, and Van Nuys.  No one had a clew as to WHY this happened, although it was traced to two separate DWP facilities, one in Sherman Oaks.  But, I don't understand why it would affect so much of the city - I doubt we'll get a satisfactory response.  What it shows once again, is that there is NO backup system in place for an emergency.

I came home to no electricity.  It finally came on at 2:10.  They're now saying the reason was because a wire may have been cut by a DWP person (a mistake), but I don't believe anything these fools say.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: September 12, 2005, 02:18:51 PM »

I caught the song; it's about 5 minutes into the soap.  I thought PASSIONS was a piece of crap, but DAYS OF OUR LIVES is equally moronic, from what I saw of it today.  These soaps have the most bizarre mixture of late 20th century values combined with promiscuity, conservative religion, and small town mentality.  Do their writers ever show any signs of being attached to what's really going on in the world?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2005, 02:20:12 PM »

I came home to no electricity.  It finally came on at 2:10.  They're now saying the reason was because a wire may have been cut by a DWP person (a mistake), but I don't believe anything these fools say.

Susan told me the power went off and then came back on but it was still out in her husband's office.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2005, 02:23:27 PM »

Apparently the power is coming back on slowly but surely.  Traffic lights are spazzing out from what I'm hearing, and the streets are insane, which means I will not be shipping any packages today.

Jed

« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2005, 02:28:24 PM »

Do their writers ever show any signs of being attached to what's really going on in the world?

Good heavens, no!  It wouldn't be a soap opera if they did!

Days of Our Lives is the only one I've ever watched at all, and agree it's horrendously silly.  My mother used to watch it when I was a sprig of a twig of a lad, and I now check in for a couple days every few years, after which I find I'm completely caught up on everything that's happened, as it seems an average soap opera day lasts about 3 months in our time. :D  (Also some characters who are now older than me,  yet I remember them being born... hmmm...)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2005, 02:46:11 PM »

Miracle Whip is not whipped cream but rather a whipped mayonaise substitute. It IS a southern tradition, and there are fewer things more wonderful in life than this.

Ooooh!  YUCK!

Spare me this sickly sweet spread!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2005, 02:48:55 PM »

EVIL UNDER THE SUN...is Nicholas Clay in that movie?

Yes.

Boy howdy.

Indeedy he is.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jed

« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2005, 02:53:30 PM »

Good morning, my Australian friend.

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2005, 02:53:38 PM »

I agree about soaps, and I watch a soap  - ONE LIFE TO LIVE! But I spend far more time every day rolling my eyes and talking back to the screen than actually enjoying the show.

You're right - I guess they're trying to please some demographic that the advertisers have identified as their core audience, but the plots are all a mixture of sanctimonious surfaces and actual promiscuity with every known cliche in the book: folks keeping secrets from loved ones that you know will later blow up in their faces, people walking in on the tail ends of conversations making them suspicious about what's going on, no one ever satisfied with the person they're with and always looking over that next horizon for a "true love."

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2005, 02:54:40 PM »

Yes, EVIL UNDER THE SUN and EXCALIBER are his two major claims to fame in my mind. He's equally glorious to look at in each one.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up