Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH  (Read 86917 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005, 06:51:55 AM »

Actually, Kathie Lee has written the book and lyrics of Hurricane Aimee, but is not starring in it. (though one could easily imagine the star having an opening night accident and Gifford announcing "I'll go on!" amid all the chaos.)

Here's a link to one of the Playbill.com articles on the show:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/94534.html

...And as soon as Ms. Carmello is finished with Hurricane Aimee, she goes into rehearsals for Lestat.  ;)

*And, in an interesting "twist", Michelle Pawk takes over the roll of Donna Sheridan in Mamma Mia! after Carolee leaves.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 06:53:32 AM »

The brown bunny jumps over the lazy dog.

And that's not all the brown bunny is doing to the dog!

:o

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 06:54:06 AM »

OK - Time to watch "Ellen"...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005, 07:35:26 AM »

Yes, DR Dan (the Man), DVRs can be very addicting, but as for the specific problem of recording other stuff, there must be some setting you haven't attended to that is making TiVo record things it thinks you'd like.

My DVR is not TiVo so I can't advise you, but I'm sure others on here who have TiVo can.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2005, 07:36:16 AM »

From the first three or four bk sentences about THE BROWN BUNNY, I knew it wouldn't be a movie that would interest me.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2005, 07:38:58 AM »

Tracy Ullmann is playing Princess Winifred. I personally think she seems miscast, but I will withhold further opinions until I've actually seen the show.

I'm just hoping the entire stage score is being used (I understand there will be a new song or two). In neither of the Burnett TV versions were all of the songs from the stage score used.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2005, 07:40:42 AM »

Hugh leaves October 2.
Dang. I may have to try and get us into the city on the 24th

But I'll see what I can do about that phone call.
:)
That would be wonderful but don't drive yourself crazy trying to arrange it, we're not home alot so it may not conveniently fit into his schedule.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2005, 07:41:06 AM »

And a good morning to all!

We've reverted to mid-summer conditions. It's warm and slightly muggy out with highs to be at 90 today and tomorrow. My A/C, which hasn't run in over a week, has now come on and will no doubt be running all day today and tomorrow.

Supposedly we're going to get a break from this on Friday.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2005, 07:42:22 AM »

I did take my walk this morning, but I didn't have much enthusiasm about it since it was not very cool outside. Fortunately, there was a breeze blowing which helped.

I got really hot when I got back home, however, and had to sit in front of a fan to cool down.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 07:46:16 AM »

I am really excited about the season finale of VERONICA MARS tonight to have the season-long mystery solved and a new chapter of her life begin. I understand there are other surprises in store such as Veronica leaning something about her parentage? Can't wait for that!

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2005, 07:47:33 AM »

As for a DVD or two to watch today, I think I will pull MY BEAUTIFUL LAUNDRETTE back out and possibly QUEEN CHRISTINA, too.

I'd also like to finish ROMEO AND JULIET (1936) at some point today.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2005, 07:49:23 AM »

Oh, I just remembered that I have SUPERNATURAL to watch today, too. Will probably watch that after the soap opera this afternoon.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2005, 07:51:53 AM »

DR George mentioned SUPERNATURAL last night, and from reading about it, it sounds like an updated version of KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER (which is also coming back this season). Only we'll have two young hunks seeking out goblins instead of one stumbling news service reporter. I liked Jensen Ackles from his recurring role on SMALLVILLE last season (I understand he used to be on a soap), so it should be entertaining to watch him.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2005, 08:02:51 AM »

Speaking of Ellen, has anyone caught Martha?  I Tivoed (Ha!  I can say "Tivoed" now!) her premier on Monday and watched the first half hour last night.  I can't say that I was overwhelmed by her.  She seems a bit uncomfortable with the live audience and the chat with Marcia Cross came across as strained.  And I was becoming increasingly annoyed with the way she kept kidding about her time in prison as if it were some madcap adventure.

But anyway, it was just her first show and I wouldn't doubt that what I saw was mostly due to opening night jitters.  I've seen her on Letterman and other talk shows and she is normally fine with being spontaneous.  I'll be checking on her on Friday and see how she's doing then.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jason

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2005, 08:07:21 AM »

Re. "Supernatural": I think there's more to it than just two guys looking for their dad and running across a few ghouls and goblins. I think there's something very significant about what's happened to both of the women in the lead boy's life. That's all I'll say so as to avoid any spoilers. Just suffice it to say that I think there's a major connection and THAT will probably become the primary story line - not the search for their father.

Jason

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2005, 08:08:23 AM »

DtM: My friends Ashley and Debbie were at the filming of MARTHA yesterday. Ashley said it was a lot of fun and they got a bunch of free stuff, though they were nearly turned away! Apparently a lot of people want to see Ms. Stewart...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2005, 08:11:58 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Apparently I forgot it was Wednesday, the day when the bush people are not beating around the bush - they're decimating the fershluganah bush.  I was sleeping beautiful until they started making with the noise.

I got the Brown Bunny from my neighborhood store, very cheap.  It's in the return pile.

Jason

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2005, 08:17:32 AM »

Carrot-stick girl is smacking her way through a HUGE bagel that is simply overflowing with some sort of creamed cheese concoction, the smell of which is making me feel a bit squeamish. Her hands are positively covered with the stuff and she's just smacking her lips from here to kingdom come while she chats on the phone with her friend. I don't think I've seen her actually process one application since she got here. She has two glasses of water and a cup of tea laid out like the Queen of Sheba is stopping by for a drink and now's she's picking creamed cheese out of her fingernails while licking remants of food off her wrist.

Attractive, huh?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2005, 08:25:53 AM »

Well, after an exact 23 hours of no Time Warner Service, I now have television and Roadrunner.  I whiled my time and mismanaged my anger with phone calls at 3 pm and 9 pm yesterday and 8 am today, all to various Time Warner personnel for whom English is a second or third language.  Of course, nothing can be explained although one employee mentioned the UN today (Dubya is showing up) and traffic messes.   Since this is the second time in three weeks for Time Warner connection problems, I suspect more than incompetence.

Thank you, DR Ben, for relaying my info.

Stephen Oliver, composer of BLONDEL and victim of AIDS, also wrote a well-received opera based on TOM JONES.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2005, 08:36:26 AM »

I meant to comment on the new ONCE UPON A MATTRESS, which was due for broadcast last spring.  I've heard rumors that it may go directly to sale and not get a commercial broadcast.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2005, 08:39:17 AM »

I saw yesterday's Martha with David Spade.  I thought it was pretty funny.  He was dressed like her and did his imitation (plus they showed his whole SNL skit of her).  I learned how to fold a t-shirt Martha style!

She was talking a lot about prison. And they made "easy" dishes that she used to make in prison.  It was sort of interesting, since I"m not that familiar with prison.  She would tell him what the inmates liked, and which foods/spices she could get.

I'm not sure how popular this show will be, but I love cooking and crafty shows.

vixmom

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2005, 08:46:33 AM »

Brown Bunny is my favorite movie of all time.  It os an absolute masterpiece and I am appalled that you didn't 'get' it

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2005, 08:46:44 AM »

Yes, Mattress was supposed to air long ago, in sweeps I believe.  I'd heard it was unviewable then, and I don't see how anything would have changed.  As talented as Miss Ullman is, she's close to my age and should not be playing Fred. Miss Marshall, whatever her talents may be, was hired because her name is "Marhsall" and her bro had just had a hit film.  I'm certain Miss Marshall knew/knows nothing about the medium of film and had to rely on her cameraman and editor, and if they're not world class, you're sort of done as a director who knows nothing about the medium of film.  

I've also heard it's going directly to DVD without being broadcast.  

vixmom

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2005, 08:46:48 AM »

I'm lying.  I never heard of the thing.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2005, 08:48:13 AM »

DtM: My friends Ashley and Debbie were at the filming of MARTHA yesterday. Ashley said it was a lot of fun and they got a bunch of free stuff, though they were nearly turned away! Apparently a lot of people want to see Ms. Stewart...

DR Jason, do you know where in the city she's taping?  Is this an NBC show?  The studio looks huge!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2005, 08:48:18 AM »

I have no questions for "Ask BK Day", so here's some trivia about the HHW trivia contest of a few weeks back:  One of the contests featured the flop play THERE WAS A LITTLE GIRL, and among the answers about that play were Lehman Engel and Joey Heatherton.  Well, today is the birth date of both Lehman Engel (who would have been 95 today) and Joey Heatherton.  

It's also Kay Medford's birth date, I believe.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2005, 08:48:28 AM »

Brown Bunny is my favorite movie of all time.  It os an absolute masterpiece and I am appalled that you didn't 'get' it

I knew that you and the vixter loved this film and what it had to say about the human condition.  I did love its theme - driving.  Certainly I was driven completely insane.  The bunny was cute, though.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2005, 08:49:26 AM »

There has not been one count them one question for me or any dear reader.  I'm sure someone has a question about the myriad things that are going on.

vixmom

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2005, 08:49:40 AM »

Carrot-stick girl is smacking her way through a HUGE bagel that is simply overflowing with some sort of creamed cheese concoction, the smell of which is making me feel a bit squeamish. Her hands are positively covered with the stuff and she's just smacking her lips from here to kingdom come while she chats on the phone with her friend. I don't think I've seen her actually process one application since she got here. She has two glasses of water and a cup of tea laid out like the Queen of Sheba is stopping by for a drink and now's she's picking creamed cheese out of her fingernails while licking remants of food off her wrist.

Attractive, huh?

ROTFLMAO  ;D

Maybe you can enroll her in the next "American Princess" show or "Who Wants to be a Hilton?"

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2005, 08:49:54 AM »

It's been very gray here in the City of Studio since last Friday.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up