Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LEISURE SUIT  (Read 106235 times)

Jason

Re:LEISURE SUIT
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2005, 08:50:43 AM »

AHHH!!! The horror! The HORROR!!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 08:53:33 AM by Jason »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2005, 08:55:39 AM »

Hmmm....

Martha Stewart's nephew (I think) is singing on her show right now...  It's her her mom's birthday ("Big Martha")...  And he just sang "Once Upon A Time"...  I'm not exactly sure that's an appropriate song for a 91st birthday...  Hmm...

*And Martha said that he gave up going to a callback for a production of Oklahoma in order to be on the show today - or whenever they tape...  Hmm...  Well, if he sang the way he just did, well.. I wouldn't have called him back.

<meow>

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2005, 09:00:13 AM »

"Once Upon A Time" from the hit Broadway musical BKLYN?? Ew...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2005, 09:02:23 AM »

"Once Upon A Time" from the hit Broadway musical BKLYN?? Ew...

Um, no... The Charles Strouse one.   Just a little too melancholy for a birthday song.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2005, 09:05:16 AM »

Um, no... The Charles Strouse one.   Just a little too melancholy for a birthday song.

Oooh...that's an even worse choice. Double ew...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2005, 09:07:24 AM »

Hmm...

Just finally catching up on President Bush's speech last night from New Orleans...  Hmm...  I know he's saying now that he's taking responsibility for the mishandling of the initial relief efforts - or lack thereof - but there just seems to be too much of a sense of "too much, too little, too late".  I just want to see him break a sweat.

???
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2005, 09:08:44 AM »

Friday greetings!

TOD - On the way to work I finished listening to the CD version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.  I thought the ending was very sad, but a great set-up for the 7th and final book.  After the book ends, Jim Dale gives a little speech on the importance of reading aloud to children's development of vocabulary and reading skills and the usefulness of audiobooks for long car trips.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2005, 09:12:10 AM »

Media check:

DVD: More episodes of ADAM-12

VHS: Last nights SURVIVOR
         SHOWDOWN AT BOOT HILL

CD:  My sparkling prize which arrived yesterday, THE BEST OF EDGAR WALLACE: music from the German cult thrillers. Thanks BK, I will very much enjoy this!!!!

Jason

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2005, 09:12:18 AM »

He's not the only one finally accepting responsibility. I read in CNN.com yesterday that the governor of Louisiana is also taking the blame. I think they're all politically screwed at this point - no amount of backtracking or admission of guilt is going to save their butts. Who cares who's to blame now - they need to focus on how to fix it now that the damage is done and pave the way for their replacements.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2005, 09:12:53 AM »

I had to run some errands in the car, and I had the soundtrack to KISMET in the CD player. Now I have "Rahadlakum" repeating in an endless loop in my head.

Love that Dolores Grey!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2005, 09:14:13 AM »

Oh, I really love the song "Once Upon a Time" from Strouse's ALL AMERICAN. I have used that song for an audition piece occasionally, and it always brings me to the verge of tears.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2005, 09:14:55 AM »

To DRs Ron Pulliam, TCB, and vixmom:

I put something in the mail for each of you today, so be on the lookout for it next week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2005, 09:20:01 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  

MOUNTEBANK, baby, MOUNTEBANK!

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2005, 09:21:49 AM »

One of the things I have to get squared away here at work before being gone the first week of October is a book display.  My theme is National Book Award winners, for which I have been using the National Book Foundation website at www.nationalbook.org.

Here's something I just found that may be of interest to DR's who will be in New York on Saturday, Oct. 22:

The Book That Changed My Life Marathon

The headlining event of the National Book Foundation’s National Read-Aloud Day, this 12-hour marathon, presented in collaboration with LIVE from The New York Public Library, and sponsored by Random House, will feature prominent writers, actors, politicians, scientists, musicians, athletes, businesspeople, reporters, directors, artists, judges and dancers talking about a work of literature that greatly affected them.  The speakers will be followed by Broadway and Hollywood actors who will read excerpts from the selected works.

Tickets sold in four 2.5-hour segments.

Tickets: $10 per 3-hour segment; Members/NYPL Donors $6; Students/Seniors $8; Just Kidding Club first segment free
Venue: Peter Jay Sharp Theatre  

Oct 22, 2005, 11:00am    

Oct 22, 2005, 2:15pm    

Oct 22, 2005, 5:30pm    

Oct 22, 2005, 8:45pm    

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2005, 09:27:14 AM »

Here's a nice website about ABC TV movies. You can even listen to the old theme and watch some promos...
http://www.tvparty.com/vaultmov.html

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2005, 09:28:08 AM »

I am currently listening to the sounds of the Japanese duo, the Peanuts, courtesy MBarnum.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2005, 09:32:11 AM »

DR Rodzinksi - Are you able to post from work again?  Or are you at home today?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2005, 09:32:48 AM »

OK, off to eat some lunch and watch some stuff on TV.

WBBL.

Jason

« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2005, 09:33:43 AM »

"...I can shave a cheek and pull a tooth better than any street MOUNTEBANK!"

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2005, 09:37:01 AM »

I put the pudding away in the fridge first thing. I left the cupcakes out on the counter (in the box) for my roommates.

I remember a time when those roomies would have been cockroaches!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2005, 09:37:48 AM »

To DRs Ron Pulliam, TCB, and vixmom:

I put something in the mail for each of you today, so be on the lookout for it next week.

I won't believe it til I see it!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jason

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2005, 09:38:15 AM »

I remember a time when those roomies would have been cockroaches!!!

And don't forget the mice! I also remember a time when I wouldn't have been able to fit the cup o' pudding in my fridge because the fridge wasn't big enough.

Ahh...those were the good old bad old days...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2005, 09:38:45 AM »

She/He was SO promiscuous she/he tried to mountebank!

(I believe in equal rights when it comes to being politically incorrect!)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2005, 09:43:33 AM »

Friday greetings!

TOD - On the way to work I finished listening to the CD version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.  I thought the ending was very sad, but a great set-up for the 7th and final book.  After the book ends, Jim Dale gives a little speech on the importance of reading aloud to children's development of vocabulary and reading skills and the usefulness of audiobooks for long car trips.
This gives me an idea.

Tarlie, der Brucer's daughter (my out-of-stepdaughter) thinks it would be wonderful to get her eldest son, Alex, the Harry Potter books, in order to get him more interested in reading.  Der Brucer and I think this is not the best idea, since Alex is eight, and the first book is written more with a ten- or eleven-year-old in mind.

However, if we were to get him the Jim Dale recordings, he could read along with the recording.  It could make things easier for him.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2005, 09:51:41 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  

MOUNTEBANK, baby, MOUNTEBANK!
The producers of The Newleywed Game had pictures of some of the contestants and of Bob, the show's host, ready to display on their office walls.  The contestants were easy to place, but they had to think long and hard about where to mount Eubanks.

(Because Tomovoz beat everyone to the really good usage of today's word.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2005, 09:53:28 AM »

Question for the Big Brother watchers:

It seems like most of us dislike the Friendship and like Janelle.  Well I have a question.  

I think most people feel like if ivette has the chance she should take Janelle to the Final Two, over her friendship with Maggie. However if it was Janelle in that position (and her friend, kaysar or howie was still in the house) would we feel the same way?

I'm just wondering if our dislike for maggie and ivette is clouding our judgment.  Cause if janelle had to choose between ivette (someone she disliked and we all disliked) and howie/kaysar, I think that we would probably think that she should keep her word to her alliance.

But in the case of ivette, it just seems like she is being coerced into choosing maggie.  Maybe this is the problem. If it were ivette's own free choice then we would feel better about it?

Btw, who thinks ivette will throw the final HOH comp. I do!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2005, 09:53:30 AM »

Here's a nice website about ABC TV movies. You can even listen to the old theme and watch some promos...
http://www.tvparty.com/vaultmov.html

LOL!

Charles Nelson Reilly in CALL HER MOM: "That's a house tootsie!  She's too young and too hmmm hmmm hmmm HMMM hmmm hmmm!"
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2005, 10:03:04 AM »

Good Afternoon!

I went ahead and tracked down a few more reviews of "The Exorcism of Emily Rose".  Although not a rave, the Washington Post gave it a nice review, and the opening section has a nice ;) to it.

Freed Spirits
'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' Possesses a First-Rate Cast

By Stephen Hunter
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, September 9, 2005; C01

"The Exorcism of Emily Rose" is full of ghostly presences who flit across the screen trailing gossamer filaments of lost possibility, dashed hopes and broken dreams. It's a haunted project, then, full of ache and loss and regret.

I'm not talking about the movie, or the real Anneliese Michel, the young German woman upon whose death the movie is based. I'm talking about the cast, which is far more interesting than the movie. What a collection of superb performers who, for one reason or another, never quite made it, at least to the heights their talent would seem to warrant. The star is the incandescent Laura Linney, who just a few years ago seemed poised on a major career after the breakthrough of "You Can Count on Me." Now she's in an exorcism movie.

The co-star is Campbell Scott. The son of George C. Scott and Colleen Dewhurst, he's another who almost got there -- he was the big news in "Dying Young" with Julia Roberts way back in '91, then segued into directing (he co-directed the great "Big Night" with Stanley Tucci). But I have never heard of his last 16 movies. And now he's in an exorcism movie.

Then there's Mary Beth Hurt, so poignant and promising in "Chilly Scenes in Winter" and a few other films in the late '80s. Since then, almost nothing . . . . until the exorcism movie.

Finally, Henry Czerny, a Canadian actor, was brilliant in "The Boys of St. Vincent"; he came to Hollywood and dominated several films, chiefly "Clear and Present Danger," where his vitality and intellect far outshone nominal star Harrison Ford's dullness. He was going to go all the way. He didn't. He's in an exorcism movie. Worse, he's a cameo in an exorcism movie! ("And Henry Czerny as . . . the Psychiatrist.")
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2005, 10:04:37 AM »

(Because Tomovoz beat everyone to the really good usage of today's word.)

I like ones that actually allow for proper pronunciation of the word.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2005, 10:05:10 AM »

It went....DRVIXMOM.  But only two more nights.  Pretty bad - new spots messed up and the old ones still bad.  But only two more nights.  The curtain call is humiliatin' but we get through it as well.  Only two more nights, thanks for asking.

Thanks for the TV MOVIE link DR RODZINSKI.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up