Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: EASY LIVING  (Read 25080 times)

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
Re:EASY LIVING
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2003, 04:34:03 PM »

You people crack me up! I adore each and every one of you, immature and mature! Emily, your mature post was hilarious, TCB, the athiest remark was perfect, EVERYONE who made a "Kids these days..." post is terrific, Jason for being so wonderful, WEL and Matt and Jrand for somehow keeping us on topic and not wandering off into the shadows, and and...you're all perfect :).

I happen to BE in 10th grade study hall, so watch it! Actually, it's a dumb class I have every other day. Let me explain how MY schedule works. I have "Maroon Days" and "Gold Days" (school colors). On a Maroon Day, I have Algebra, French, English, and PE/Drivers Ed. On a Gold Day, I have Biology, "Flex", Spartan Singers, and World History. Each day alternates, so, for example, this week is Mon-Wed-Fri=Maroon, Tues-Thus=Gold. The next week, Mon-Wed-Fri will be Gold, etc. My classes are an hour and a half long each, and during the third class of the day, they have 4 lunch shifts. Does that make sense?

The Flex class is my 10th grade study hall. During that hour an a half, they split it up into two 45 minute blocks. For the first 45 minutes, I go back to one class and do work, and then a bell rings, and I go back to a different class for the next 45 minutes. It's stupid, and annoying, because I'll be in the middle of working, and the stupid bell rings, and I have to get from one end of the school to another. The two classes that we go back to are different every day, and are posted in the morning.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON! You are wonderful and perfect and I'm listening to you on Jeepers Creepers as I type this (nicely timed, eh? :)), and just think, "She's listening to me on a CD in her very own house! To ME!" And I promise that I will be your biggest fan in the world when you are a superstar, and once I make it up there, we shall take over the world. Had I known your address, you would have gotten a card, but, alas, I was without. Don't be gumpy! Walk in the sunshine! Think happy thoughts! The sound of rain on pavement, money, being on a CD, more money, beautiful boys, Ginger Ale (don't ask), etc. We WUV you!

Ask BK: Don't you adore Jason?

I hate piercings and tattoos. I have a friend who is getting her tongue pierced, and I am BEGGING her not to. and what does she say to me, but "Just because you're right about EVERYTHING when I ask your advice doesn't mean I'm listneing to you on this."

Ew.

Have I told you lately that I love you all! This place is wonderful.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Jennifer

« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2003, 04:40:02 PM »

I have a technical question, which I assume should now go to Maya.  So, is it possible for anyone i.e. Mark or Craig or BK to see who takes the Karma points away?  Or is that something that is not traceable?

Ha ha ha. Yes should all technical questions now be sent directly to Maya?  I really needed this laugh. Thank you very much.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #182 on: November 19, 2003, 04:41:42 PM »

I karmaed Jason when I first read his summary of his lousy day, and I noticed three other people had the same idea, long before Jennifer suggested that folks do it. There are a lot of nice people here.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jed

« Reply #183 on: November 19, 2003, 04:43:12 PM »

JRand - I wish I could tell you the day of wacko school schedules was past, but I can't.  Be it alternating days, flexible time schedules, rotating schedules like yours, whatever... it's all out there.  One of the most bizarre I've come across is a HS that has 7 classes.  On Monday and Friday, all 7 classes meet for 45 minutes.  Tuesday through Thursday, 4th period meets daily for 45 minutes, while the other periods are 70 minutes each on rotating days (1-2-3-5 Tuesday, 1-2-6-7 Wednesday, 3-5-6-7 Thursday).  Thoroughly bizarre if you ask me!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2003, 04:43:42 PM »

I don't believe I have easy access to who has done what to whom regarding karma.

I am of the opinion, just the same, that if we're gonna enjoy the applause than we must endure the potential boos. That;s the whole point. *shrug*

...and, yes, Maya's my personal secretary. ;-)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2003, 04:47:12 PM »

DR Sarah - I gave you Karma for just remembering where to go each day.  DR Jed - I am even more confused reading your notes.  

Maybe I didn't have it so bad!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2003, 04:50:28 PM »

There's no way of knowing who is giving or taking away karma.  But those who take away karma will have karma bite them in the KISS MY ASS.  And speaking of karma, why do others have more than ME?  I need more karma of the good kind.  

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2003, 04:50:43 PM »

I have an idea!

It would require someone to write a new feature for the forum.

Instead of having "karma" and the applaud/boo choice that is anonymous, what if we had a Bitch-Slap feature!!!

There would be a "slap" icon under a person's name and when someone clicks on it, a "Bitch-slap" gets recorded.  

But then, if you double-click on your bitch-slap number, there could be a notice that reads: "You have been bitch-slapped by Kimlet XXX XXXXXX"

I got bitch-slapped many times in my first six or seven months here and never once took it personally because I just bitch-slapped right back.

It's a thought....

Jason

« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2003, 04:53:37 PM »

Apparently I'm not the only one have a lousy day...Kristi is out of WICKED again tonight.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~GOOD VIBES TO KRISTI CHENOWETH~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Thank you guys for all of your positive words. They help. I'm sorry to be so down today...I know I'm not being much fun. I just got a call from my dad, who was up in Chicago for a conference. I had to be perky and happy and pretend like mom hadn't told me anything. Boy, if I ever deserve a Tony, it'd be for that phone call.

Ann: I'm glad your sister has come to her senses. There are so many feelings involved with this whole mess that it's hard to put words to them. I'm angry, hurt, frustrated, scared, confused, worried and sad. Quite honestly, I'd like to beat the shit out of him right now and make him see how stupid he's being--what bad decisions he's making--but I know that would do no good. He and I aren't that close (there's 7 years difference between us), but I do love him very much and I worry about him. He's just a kid! I just don't understand it...

God, I could use some Krispy Kremes right now. ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 04:57:08 PM by Jason »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2003, 05:04:31 PM »

Trivia question # 1:

Whose best friend was Muriel Puce?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2003, 05:10:56 PM »

If you could use some Krispy Kremes right now then GET some Krispy Kremes right now and then eat them whilst spending the rest of your birthday with your HHW pals.

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2003, 05:11:04 PM »

DR Jason, I logged on specifically to come and wish you a happy birthday, so I am sorry to hear that your day was less than pleasant.  As others have said, there is always tomorrow - sending you good vibes and birthday wishes anyway.  :)  Maybe I can have Krispy Kremes delivered to Brooklyn?

DR Ann, when are you going to be in Hawaii?  I will be there for Christmas as well..

I have a really bad headache so I will be back later.
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #192 on: November 19, 2003, 05:12:56 PM »

By the way, am I the only one here who never had this "study hall" thing in school?  I've read about such a thing, but my school never had one...was it before my time?  Or just not in my part of the country?

No, we never had study hall either.

I never had study hall in high school, either...but then we didn't have finals until my junior year.  That was different.  Before we just took the final tests in the classes, but all of a sudden in junior year, we had "FINALS."  The last two days of the semester had half the classes on each day with each class being twice as long as usual.  It did prepare me for finals in college, but most of those were pretty easy...from what I remember.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2003, 05:16:38 PM »

TCB:  What would be the point of tracing or looking at who's doing the booing?

The feature was set up to give HHW members a choice.  

Now I'm getting a scary feeling that someone is going to suggest the names of people giving "boos" be made public.  

I think this karma feature is a privilege that should be protected as it is, or entirely removed with no points at all.

But that's me.

Well, actually Ron, I wasn't considering forming the Karma Police.  First of all, by suggesting Maya get the Tech questions was just my little dig at our budding torrid romance between Maya and Mark.  Secondly, I was just thinking that if someone had access to the info about boos, they could just send a little non-threatening e-mail to each person that does it reminding them how easy it is to hit the wrong button.  I truly believe that most of those boos were sent in error, and there is no way for any of us to know that we sent the wrong karma.

I guess I still believe that most people at this site would never willing hurt another member's feeling.  Besides, I have managed to stay away from boos for ten years.  LOL.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2003, 05:20:37 PM »

LOL TCB!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #195 on: November 19, 2003, 05:20:55 PM »

No answers on the trivia question?  

George

« Reply #196 on: November 19, 2003, 05:21:26 PM »

Jason, remember you've gotta have:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2003, 05:25:36 PM »

And you've got loads of it!  We're here for you!  And now there's something that I want to know from you, of these three colors:  BLUE, GREEN or YELLOW, which do you prefer?  I have something downloaded from a smilie site (that's not a smilie) that I'd like to post for you, but I don't know if it'll be too much to post all three.  So let me know which color you like best (post here) and I'll check back frequently (assuming you're still on-line).

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2003, 05:28:37 PM »

You know, I just realized that this site has become a little bit like Argentina.  An election was held last week to name our little Kim-lette, we all (well almost all) went to the polls, and NOW the election returns have been withheld.  Perhaps we ought to just name our little mascot....

Velveta Peron
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2003, 05:30:07 PM »

Gloria Upson.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2003, 05:30:21 PM »

Correct!

Jason

« Reply #201 on: November 19, 2003, 05:31:13 PM »

I love green.

George

« Reply #202 on: November 19, 2003, 05:33:05 PM »

Alrighty, then.  Green it is!  Hope you enjoy!

Emily

« Reply #203 on: November 19, 2003, 05:34:46 PM »

am I the only person who has been hypnotised by George's green firework? ;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jason

« Reply #204 on: November 19, 2003, 05:36:43 PM »

No, you're not.

George

« Reply #205 on: November 19, 2003, 05:36:46 PM »

Pretty, ain't it?  I'll post the other colors on different pages.  When they're all on one page, they seem to move so slowly and you lose the effect.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #206 on: November 19, 2003, 05:39:50 PM »

I WIILL NOW SEND MONEY TO GEORGE'S SWISS BANK ACCOUNT.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2003, 05:48:17 PM »

I WIILL NOW SEND MONEY TO GEORGE'S SWISS BANK ACCOUNT.

THANKS!  As long as the currency in convertable into HHW Karmas!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 06:00:36 PM by George »

td

• td
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2003, 06:04:06 PM »

So, all you JRB fans, not to mention those of us with a taste for history, has anyone read this new book about Leo Frank?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Michael

« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2003, 06:23:32 PM »

Dear Jason:

Sorry to hear you are down in the dumps on this special day. I wished you a happy birthday earlier this morning. I hope this will cheer you up.

[img]http://www.norcom.net.au/cards/birthday/01.gif[/img

SMILE

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through
For you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear maybe ever so near