Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: EASY LIVING  (Read 25092 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:EASY LIVING
« Reply #210 on: November 19, 2003, 06:33:02 PM »

Okay, we're now on a new page.  I'm now leaving work and will be home before Star Trek:  Enterprise starts.  Until then, here's the second color of fireworks for Jason:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 06:35:34 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #211 on: November 19, 2003, 07:20:27 PM »

If you like that, go here:

http://www.maylin.net/Fireworks.html

Entertainment for hours!

I'm bored...someone get on AIM.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #212 on: November 19, 2003, 07:23:25 PM »

Jason--I don't think there's anything I could say to make your day much better.  Everyone has sent you such beautiful thoughts and I can only echo them.  I know what it's like to have dysfunction in the family, and also to have days where it seems you are walking under one of those cartoon rainy clouds.  We all love you and want you to enjoy the rest of your birthday!  *Hands over a big slice of cake made out of Krispy Kreme donuts*

Swishy--can I just say, without any sarcasm, that you are such a ray of sunshine to all of us?  I really mean it.  

And that goes for everyone!

TCB---"the budding torrid romance between Maya and Mark." LOL!  I will say this....he has a cute smile but I am nobody's personal secretary!   ;)

Not even Trevor Graydon's!  

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #213 on: November 19, 2003, 07:26:46 PM »

You're having the suckiest birthday EVER!

The suckiest birthday I ever had was when I turned 18 (in a state where the drinking age was 21; I was in a state where the drinking age was 18 when I turned 21).

The high school posted the call-back list for my favorite musical, How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, and oh, how I wanted to be J. Pierrepont Finch.  In fact, I considered it a good sign, and something of a success, that the department had decided to do How To... in the first place, as I'd campaigned so hard for it.

But mine was not one of the three called back for the lead role.  We all knew the role was going to the son of two well known musical performers.  The other guys called back, well, one had never acted before and the other couldn't hit the high notes.  So I ran out into the rain.

Then I wrote a song:

I never thought I'd hurt this bad
I never thought I would cry...

What did I want
More than portraying Pont-
Y.  That's clearly the dream of a dope

And yet it was my dream
And I mean a lot to me
It's not such a high dream
But it's something I'll never get to see

Not sure what it says that I still remember all that - the feeling and the song - all these years later.  Maybe that I certainly wasn't cut out to be an actor.  Actually, what I'm most amazed at is how badly I misaccented "portraying."  A dactyl it ain't.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: November 19, 2003, 07:33:37 PM »

What, is everyone on a dinner break?  I'm home - very long day again.  Now, let's get some partay action goin' on, shall we?

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #215 on: November 19, 2003, 07:38:40 PM »

*throws confetti*

*puts on dancing music*

*hangs the streamers*

*blows up 500 balloons*

*faints from lack of oxygen*

Merci Beaucoup to Miss Maya Who Is Not On AIM And Whose HHWIM Box Is Too Full To Recieve Sarah's Messages. How could you POSSIBLY have your inbox filled already?
...Walk in the sunshine...

MBarnum

« Reply #216 on: November 19, 2003, 07:44:19 PM »

Never saw "Motorcycle Gang" - but now that I know it exists - I will!

JRand53, I cannot believe you have not seen MOTORCYCLE GANG! What with Mr. Ashley, Jean (THE ATOMIC SUBMARINE) Moorehead, Suzanne (HIGH SCHOOL HELLCATS) Sydney, SCOTT (ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE) Peters, and Steve (INVASION OF THE SAUCER MEN) Terrell! And until you have seen Anne Neyland thrown head over heels of of a motorcycle, you haven't seen nuttin!

And of course it played on a double feature with Ms. June Kenney's CONFESSIONS OF A SORORITY GIRL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: November 19, 2003, 07:48:04 PM »

What, is everyone on a dinner break?  I'm getting out the bitch-slapping machine people.

MBarnum

« Reply #218 on: November 19, 2003, 08:02:28 PM »

Jason! If I were in your part of the country I would be taking you out for you Krispy Kremes and coffee! But since I am not there, you will have to just enjoy the virtual birthday greetings of your friendly HHW-ers!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Now smile dammit![/move]

And for your musical accompaniment,
Mr. Smiley himself on the piano!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 08:06:02 PM by MBarnum »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #219 on: November 19, 2003, 08:07:39 PM »

Okay, I'm home.  I'm going to post the last color of fireworks:  Yellow!  I hope it works well.  After that, I'm going to watch Enterprise (which has already started) and eat dinner.  Here it is:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #220 on: November 19, 2003, 08:15:54 PM »

Just the thought of Krispy Kremes should brighten anyone's day. There is one about 6 minutes away from me in the car, and I almost never go there even though I love them so much. I'm afraid if I get in the habit of going there, I might as well kiss goodbye any efforts at maintaining my weight.

But damn they're good!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Andrea

« Reply #221 on: November 19, 2003, 08:21:35 PM »

Catching up on today's notes...

Sorry I wasn't in study hall yesterday.. I was in the janitor's closet necking with DR Jed
Oh yes.. the truth comes out... Take that Maya and Mark!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 08:39:06 PM by Andrea »

Andrea

« Reply #222 on: November 19, 2003, 08:23:48 PM »

Happy birthday Jason...

And yes, kids annoy me.

Jennifer

« Reply #223 on: November 19, 2003, 08:32:19 PM »

Well, actually Ron, I wasn't considering forming the Karma Police ...   Secondly, I was just thinking that if someone had access to the info about boos, they could just send a little non-threatening e-mail to each person that does it reminding them how easy it is to hit the wrong button.  I truly believe that most of those boos were sent in error, and there is no way for any of us to know that we sent the wrong karma.

I guess I still believe that most people at this site would never willing hurt another member's feeling.  

But there is an easy way to make sure you are hitting the right button. After you hit applause, just make sure the karma goes up by one point. That way you can never make a mistake.

I wish I still felt the way you do DR TCB. I truly hate the idea that anyone on this site would willfully hurt another DRs feelings. But people here are intelligent. After so many posts reminding people how close the buttons are, I find it impossible to believe that we are still having accidents.  The only reasoning I can think of, is that not everything thinks of karma the same way.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 08:35:39 PM by Jennifer »

wlajb

• What would I do if I had not met you.
« Reply #224 on: November 19, 2003, 08:39:32 PM »

well Jason's not on.....but we typed last nite......wish he had a better b'day.....

wlajb

« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2003, 08:41:20 PM »

BK....got my Once Upon a Time In West CD today....but the first CD...bouced around in case.....and got a maJor scratch......replacing  it tomorrow.....<sigh>

wlajb

« Reply #226 on: November 19, 2003, 08:42:00 PM »

Loved what I COULD see......gee those hats are VERY wide

Andrea

« Reply #227 on: November 19, 2003, 08:44:01 PM »

Check your Webster!   ;D

For shame! Like every good english major it should only be the OED (Oxford English Dictionary)

wlajb

« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2003, 08:44:23 PM »

I also got Twin Towers Extended edition......OK with Hugh.....and Boy from oz......with hugh.....so have enuf entertainment.....until this injustisice is righted

Jennifer

« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2003, 08:45:12 PM »

You know, I just realized that this site has become a little bit like Argentina.  An election was held last week to name our little Kim-lette, we all (well almost all) went to the polls, and NOW the election returns have been withheld.  Perhaps we ought to just name our little mascot....

The results weren't withheld!

There weren't really that many votes to make a tally.

But Kim-lette, Karmy and Cammy seemed to be the most popular. So just call him some combination of those!  Good night.

Andrea

« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2003, 08:47:04 PM »

More hot posts, please.  Now that Jrand is back we all need to say 50 Hail Marys (or Hail Mayas depending on if you're Mr. Mark Bakalor) and make three posts each in quick succession.

For all you catholic school children... "we are children, children of the light!"

wlajb

« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2003, 08:48:00 PM »

so it's kimarcammy?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2003, 08:51:17 PM »

I tried all day to get to my DVD of the 1963 THE HAUNTING, but I just never got to it. Tomorrow for sure! Can't wait!

And now I will take my leave and allow West Coasters and beyond to have the night to post away (and any East Coasters with insomnia. Hey! If I get it, I'll come back and post some more).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Andrea

« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2003, 08:53:20 PM »

Best birthday present?  

Tea at the ritz was lovely as was my trip to NYC:)

Thank you mama and emilie.

wlajb

« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2003, 08:53:56 PM »

with all the hub bub about "gay" marriage unions....I propose.....those str8 people who get divorced....be KILLED.....forfeit whatever tax savings they accumulated during their SHAM years at politcally correct sex.....and donate their organs......to a very LARGE compost pile to make nice veggies.....

Andrea

« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2003, 08:54:44 PM »

By the way, am I the only one here who never had this "study hall" thing in school?  I've read about such a thing, but my school never had one...was it before my time?  Or just not in my part of the country?

Emily and I never had one.. indeed, we never even had one free period. Maybe 2 people in our grade had one. They didn't want us to do anything naughty

Emily

« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2003, 08:56:20 PM »

Best birthday present?  

Tea at the ritz was lovely as was my trip to NYC:)

Thank you mama and emilie.

I have never eaten as many teeny tiny elaborated constructed food pieces as that afternoon.

Why are sandwiches better when they are the size of your fingernail?
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2003, 08:57:19 PM »

By the way, am I the only one here who never had this "study hall" thing in school?  I've read about such a thing, but my school never had one...was it before my time?  Or just not in my part of the country?

Emily and I never had one.. indeed, we never even had one free period. Maybe 2 people in our grade had one. They didn't want us to do anything naughty

Andrea and mine's high school had bars on the windows... presumably to keep us from leaping out of them and causing untoward attention to be drawn to the school.
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

wlajb

« Reply #238 on: November 19, 2003, 08:58:08 PM »

Emily...you should always eat "small" sandwiches....subway HAS it wrong......trust me....

Emily

« Reply #239 on: November 19, 2003, 08:58:19 PM »

It's 11:56 and I am seriously bored people.  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up